Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 30-06-2009, 11:58 AM   #31
Ben85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinpiston
I guess it comes down to who you spoke to.

I got a different answer...thats all
Reading your post i thought you said that they are suppose to be at the top to keep the dirt out of them? But the bloke also said there is no real reason to change them around other than the dirt issue. Doesnt matter anyway, i only emailed them to help you guys out, i've had mine fitted for 12months the way they r and they r great.

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2009, 01:54 PM   #32
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben85
As im not a mechanic i just emailed the company that i bought the springs from, they have informed me that this is the correct way to fit these springs. I have no idea where your getting your information from. So im inclined to believe King Springs.
King Springs themselves on the Gold Coast installed their springs in my Zetec a couple of years ago and the progressive springs were at the bottom ... now their telling you they should be at the top? ... to keep the dirt out .. : ..... Yea!, that makes sense?

I now have Eibach's in the XR4 and they recommend the progressive springs sit at the bottom ... my Brother-in-Law who has been an A-Grade Mechanic for over 30 years also said that's the way they should be.

If you have them the other way around and your happy with the car, (keeping all that dirt out and all) ... then leave them like that.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2009, 04:32 PM   #33
Ben85

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80
King Springs themselves on the Gold Coast installed their springs in my Zetec a couple of years ago and the progressive springs were at the bottom ... now their telling you they should be at the top? ... to keep the dirt out .. : ..... Yea!, that makes sense?

I now have Eibach's in the XR4 and they recommend the progressive springs sit at the bottom ... my Brother-in-Law who has been an A-Grade Mechanic for over 30 years also said that's the way they should be.

If you have them the other way around and your happy with the car, (keeping all that dirt out and all) ... then leave them like that.
Geez man, remind me next time not to try and help people around here. Because i dont particular enjoy getting into ****ing matches. I emailed King Springs and thats the answer i got.

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Old 30-06-2009, 07:23 PM   #34
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

All cool peoples, different strokes for different folks thats all.

Forums are about people expressing themselves and this is it in its purest form!!!

Now back onto the these hot buzz boxes.....

What else have people done to make their fez look them shiznit!
K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2009, 09:32 PM   #35
NJM586

Hey guys

Its been a while since i have been on the forum and i thought i would post some pics of my fiesta : as you no i have installed a sunroof in which i love it looks great on the fiesta i also have added 18 inch Audi A8 replicas as well as lowering it alot i had my pedders springs compressed to the height it is now and im looking at lowering the back a bit more i have also added blue walls for somthing diffrent which i think gives it that touch let me no what you guys think anyways

http://img140.imageshack.us/i/sdc10172.jpg/
http://img34.imageshack.us/i/sdc10173.jpg/
http://img196.imageshack.us/i/sdc10175jhp.jpg/
http://img81.imageshack.us/i/sdc10177.jpg/
http://img196.imageshack.us/i/sdc10181j.jpg/
http://img141.imageshack.us/i/sdc10185.jpg/
NJM586 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2009, 11:30 PM   #36
Ben85

Great looking mags!!!!

Old 30-06-2009, 11:31 PM   #37
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Good to hear from you again NJM586. Those rims look hot!
Where did you get the blue sidewalls done? I've been thinking of doing something similar.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2009, 07:55 AM   #38
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

Looks sweet NJM586, I personally wouldn't lower it any more, and if you were to do it, get the coilovers for them, alot better performing at compression rate.

Now get some fogs in that front and it will be sweet as....

I too would like to know where you got the blue walls, also what size tyre is on that?
Old 01-07-2009, 08:42 AM   #39
bru20vt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinpiston
Now get some fogs in that front and it will be sweet as....
Can you tell me more about the fogs you have on your Fiesta. Part numbers, cost, ease of fit etc. Look good and wouldn't mind doing the same.

dom
bru20vt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2009, 09:56 AM   #40
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

Those wheels definetely fill out the guards nicely. Looks great, and would look even hotter with colour-coded handles and bump strips!!!
Interior: Colour-coded trims. ST leather gear knob w leather gaiter. Brushed Aluminium pedals. Scuff Plates.
Performance: Denso Iridium sparks. CAI. 2" cat-back with Hi-tech stainless muffler & dual chrome tips. Lowered. RSB soon!
zetec jim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2009, 02:31 PM   #41
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

Quote:
Originally Posted by bru20vt
Can you tell me more about the fogs you have on your Fiesta. Part numbers, cost, ease of fit etc. Look good and wouldn't mind doing the same.

dom
I ended up getting the fog light covers from Ford as I couldn't find any at the time, then waited and waited on ebay.co.uk for fogs that were good and cheap enough to get delivered, (mine came with bulbs and 2 of the screws, 1 seems to have a little leak looking at it last night) then the big one is the interior switch.

All the cabling is in the WQ's for foglights, so all you need is the fog covers, fog lights them selves and the interior switch.

Can't remember the part numbers but just search ebay for fiesta Mk6 fog lights, also remember the WQ is classed as the Mk6 facelift or Mk6.5!!!

Cheers
Old 01-07-2009, 02:49 PM   #42
NJM586

Thanks for the comments guys

Fled74 - there is a bloke around my area that does them he is a mobile business the website is www.redvan.com.au scott is his name however they are in NSW but im pretty sure there is a guy in melbourne that does them aswell give scott a call and say james with the silver fiesta told me about you and he should be able to help you out with contact details with the guy in melbourne

Twinpiston - fogs are going in as soon as i get my shippment from Europe
cannot wait it should look the goods once put in i decided to get ride of the induction pipe as it was to loud specially on the highway i still have it lieing around will only but it in for cruises or shows !!! so i have one bezal for the foggies

zetec jim - thats next on the list once i get these fog lights done and my holidays come around in august its going in for colour coding and yeh i love the rims it suits the fiesta perfect the amount of people i have come up to me or stop me at traffic lights to tell me how much the rims suit the car and how nice it looks is crazy so yeh very happy with how it looks

thanks for the comments guys any ideas or hints to make it look better are welcomed
NJM586 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post