Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 19-03-2007, 11:42 PM   #31
ATSEIF DROF

"Just remember I drive the best handling barge ever built in OZ. Drive the car like I do this flogged old horse after 130,000km and then get back to me. I don't have one oil leak or drama now thats what I call a performance car."

This from an XD Falcon, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
ATSEIF DROF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2007, 12:12 AM   #32
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

To be honest that's not called a 'performance' car. It's a reliable car :P

Nice one guys! Way to revive my thread after owning my car for EXACTLY 1 year as of last year. And what a fun year it's been. I'm still smiling

:

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2007, 11:54 AM   #33
Danny
GT4.

Been 3 weeks for me.... It's AWESOME
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2007, 12:23 PM   #34
photn
AFF Post NAZI

hmm Clio's look good guys, sorry teki, more a fan of the Silver, looks good though. i like the stripes Danny, continuing your legacy i see Rofl. so how long are we all intending keeping these cars.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2007, 12:29 PM   #35
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
hmm Clio's look good guys, sorry teki, more a fan of the Silver, looks good though. i like the stripes Danny, continuing your legacy i see Rofl. so how long are we all intending keeping these cars.
I disagree.. Blue all the way for me. I saw not one but 3 Blue 182 Cups (with stripes) parked next to eachother on the weekend in castle hill. Was a horny sight to see.
Old 20-03-2007, 12:31 PM   #36
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
I disagree.. Blue all the way for me. I saw not one but 3 Blue 182 Cups (with stripes) parked next to eachother on the weekend in castle hill. Was a horny sight to see.
damo you think Lama's Are hot....and you get randy over them. your just plain weird Rofl.

Old 20-03-2007, 06:58 PM   #37
Danny
GT4.

Dude! WTF?
Old 20-03-2007, 06:59 PM   #38
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The stripes look much lighter in person imo. Damo, I also like the blue one. Occassionally I see a maroon RS Clio 182 when I'm driving to work, i really hate maroon on anything.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2007, 11:26 PM   #39
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

I'm a fan of all colours, although wouldn't have the Arctic Blue because it was too similar to my Fiesta (basically, I like all colours on the 182!).

Ives, I think you are seeing a 172 everyday. The 182s came in Arctic Blue (dark-ish metallic blue), French Racing Blue (flat light blue), Titanium Silver (obviously... Silver!) and a Black Gold colour (can't remember the name).

The 172 models came in Red (Maroon-ish colour), Monaco Blue (Darker metallic blue then the Arctic Blue), Silver and Black. Then there was the mk1 172s (only 85) which were again different... we had 3 Yellows into the country, and a few red ones too!

I've grown to love the French Racing Blue colour though - It stands out, easy to keep clean, collectors item (as are all 182 Cups! ;)) and it's rare. No other car has a similar colour available. Love it.

I will be keeping it till it is paid off. Then, I'll be moving on. Not because I'd be over the car, but because it's the logical decision given the Kms it is estimated to have then!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 21-03-2007, 10:14 AM   #40
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
I will be keeping it till it is paid off. Then, I'll be moving on. Not because I'd be over the car, but because it's the logical decision given the Kms it is estimated to have then!
Wise Choice. Sensible and smart thing to do....so would you be moving onto an XR5T? lol.

Old 21-03-2007, 03:57 PM   #41
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ives, I think you are seeing a 172 everyday. The 172 models came in Red (Maroon-ish colour....
Maybe so. It also looks less aggressive than your (and Danny's) Clio.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2007, 05:58 PM   #42
Danny
GT4.

That would make it the 172 then, yes..
Old 21-03-2007, 08:57 PM   #43
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
Wise Choice. Sensible and smart thing to do....so would you be moving onto an XR5T? lol.
Depends what is out in late 2008 :sm_headba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives
Maybe so. It also looks less aggressive than your (and Danny's) Clio.
Would be a 172 then. Easy-to-spot differences include;

* 15 inch alloys
* No dual exhausts (172 has hidden single exhaust)
* Colour - only the 172 came in a Red/Maroon colour
* Front headlights have a 'black' surround, instead of 'grey' on the 182.

Old 22-03-2007, 10:37 PM   #44
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ives, I think you are seeing a 172 everyday. The 182s came in Arctic Blue (dark-ish metallic blue), French Racing Blue (flat light blue), Titanium Silver (obviously... Silver!) and a Black Gold colour (can't remember the name).

I've grown to love the French Racing Blue colour though - It stands out, easy to keep clean, collectors item (as are all 182 Cups! ;)) and it's rare. No other car has a similar colour available. Love it.
getting slack there Steven, you forgot the orange metallic in the 182's ...... and haven't you seen the late model BA / BF XR6 Falcons in a VERY similar colour to Racing Blue?
Old 23-03-2007, 02:48 AM   #45
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by murcod
getting slack there Steven, you forgot the orange metallic in the 182's ...... and haven't you seen the late model BA / BF XR6 Falcons in a VERY similar colour to Racing Blue?
Opz. Yea, the limited edition of about 15 or so into Australia.

True - but on a Hot Hatch there is no other! Haven't seen many BFs in that colour though - musn't be popular?

Old 23-03-2007, 12:24 PM   #46
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I regularly see a couple of Falcons where I live in that colour, I haven't had my Clio parked near one to compare but it looks very close to being the same. :