Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 02-12-2006, 09:25 AM   #31
ATSEIF DROF

Thanx guys, dont think I'll be getting stripes I prefer the understated look, was just curious whether they were local or originals from europe :-)
ATSEIF DROF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 10:45 AM   #32
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I reckon they're locally made, it'd cost heaps if u get the original stripes from the ST. Anyways yeah stripes are good but i reckon i'd get bored of it soon when i have it on my car. So I keep it stripe-less.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 12:13 PM   #33
joshf2
striped

my mate works at a signage company, and did mine quite cheaply

metallic ones wouldnt be that good because theyre quite brittle, having the metallic particles in the stripes dont allow the vinyl to bend too much. theyre fine on flat surfaces, but in the fiddly bits where a bit of stretch is required, theyre pretty awful. theyre also shocking to remove, because they dont come off in a single sheet
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 02:39 PM   #34
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperKid
I reckon they're locally made, it'd cost heaps if u get the original stripes from the ST. Anyways yeah stripes are good but i reckon i'd get bored of it soon when i have it on my car. So I keep it stripe-less.
45 Pounds and 16 pence for the genuine ST stripes from Ford Parts UK, here's the link if ya interested.

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/Merchant2...gory_Code=GTFL
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 02:51 PM   #35
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool, thanks for the info man. Yeh i dont think i'll install any stripes on my Fiesta.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2006, 03:34 PM   #36
photn
AFF Post NAZI

lol i think the stripes are an acquired taste lol... when i first got them on my car i was sick of them after about a month lol......i missed the original look. but ive gotten used to it now and wouldnt have my car any other way.....i just need to re-do my side stripes.....

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2006, 09:17 PM   #37
ATSEIF DROF

DELIVERY UPDATE: Car still on the ship now they say expected arrival 23/12/06, dont know what to believe, must be on a bloody a slow boat! On the positive side, I have managed to extract a free spoiler from the sales manager for the delay :-)
Dont realistically expect delivery now til the new year which is a bummer :-(
ATSEIF DROF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post