Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-07-2015, 07:05 PM   #1441
thecaptain
Starter Motor

Default Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by raised by monkeys View Post
without getting into semantics like the lifting thread, basically; calorie in vs calorie out. Find your maintenance calorie level to maintain your current shape. 500 calorie surplus = weight gain. 500 calorie deficit = weight loss. Calories = total energy consumed. Fats and carbs = insulin = energy. The way energy is absorbed is different between carbs and fats. Protein = muscle repair. Im sure someone will likely correct me if im wrong, but this is the basic ins and outs and follows IIFYM (if it fits your macros). Calorie in vs calorie out will adjust your body fat % macros will help adjust your bodies composition.

To work out your current macro and caloric level, go to myfitnesspal and register. Fill in your details, and don't worry so much about the goals, but use it for the food tracking. Type in foods you buy from shops, search by brands etc. and put in your serving size and it will give you the macro/caloric value.
Some good info right here.

Counting marco's becomes crucially important when it comes to hitting more challenging goals, i.e. the last few kilos of a fat loss diet. It will also help make sure your not going too low with your calories and tanking your metabolism.

If you were tanking your metabolism by eating too little for too long, try eating maintenance calories for a couple weeks to reset your metabolism, then recommence with your diet, albeit with no more than a 500cal deficit from TDEE.
thecaptain is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2015, 10:06 PM   #1442
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

I know this thread hasn't been updated for a little while but I'm wanting to share what I've been doing lately to lose a bit of weight..and maybe advice on if im heading in the right direction.

I'm 188cm tall and 2 weeks ago I was 144kg.

I would like to get down to 100

I've started eating ligh n easy meals a month ago to control how much I eat each day, it seems to have helped a bit but I'm constantly feeling hungry, and have given in a couple of times. I picked up a cheap exercise bike a week ago and have started this 15 minute workout every night so far..

http://www.fitocracy.com/knowledge/d...in-15-minutes/

I'm now down to 136.4 as of this morning so I guess something is working!

I'm finding the exercise part easy to do mentally, but the eating part has been real hard..

It doesn't help that eating has been my coping mechanism, some people drink, some smoke...I ate.

So yeah that's me at the moment, any tips to share? Is the above routine going to help at all?
Old 14-08-2015, 02:59 PM   #1443
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoreSlamR View Post
I know this thread hasn't been updated for a little while but I'm wanting to share what I've been doing lately to lose a bit of weight..and maybe advice on if im heading in the right direction.

I'm 188cm tall and 2 weeks ago I was 144kg.

I would like to get down to 100

I've started eating ligh n easy meals a month ago to control how much I eat each day, it seems to have helped a bit but I'm constantly feeling hungry, and have given in a couple of times. I picked up a cheap exercise bike a week ago and have started this 15 minute workout every night so far..

http://www.fitocracy.com/knowledge/d...in-15-minutes/

I'm now down to 136.4 as of this morning so I guess something is working!

I'm finding the exercise part easy to do mentally, but the eating part has been real hard..

It doesn't help that eating has been my coping mechanism, some people drink, some smoke...I ate.

So yeah that's me at the moment, any tips to share? Is the above routine going to help at all?
It sounds like the lite n easy is the way to go for you, the biggest thing about loosing weight is portion control and those meals will help you if your not inclined to go through the process weighing all of your own food.

An important step when you start to diet is to not be drastic and go from 4000 calories a day down to 2000 calories a day. 2000 calories a day should be your eventual goal but you will only hit plateaus if you go too hard too soon.

Don't worry that you've only lost a few kilos at this early stage as most peoples metabolisms take about 3 weeks to get into fat burning mode.

My golden rule for dieting was this:

Firstly, you must calculate what you are currently eating now before you start dieting so you know what your starting point is for calorie intake, there are heaps of really good phone apps that will do it for you.

Secondly, reduce your daily calorie intake by 300 calories and then keep it the same for 10 days, then reduce it by another 300 calories and then keep it at that for another 10 days and so on until you reach your target daily calorie intake.

By only reducing by 300 calories you avoid the feeling hungry all the time feeling but 300 calories isn't much of a deficit so you need to be strict as just 1 beer can bring you back to maintenance calories and you won't be in deficit.

Thirdly, try and eat about 5 to 6 meals a day in the early stages whilst still sticking to the second rule above and then gradually reduce the total calorie content of the meals down to 400 calories per meal, that way 5 meals a day x 400 calories = 2000 calories.

Lastly, the body doesn't need a lot of carbs to perform at it's best, your carb intake doesn't need to exceed more than 100 grams per day and try to consume all of your daily carb intake at breakfast, mid morning and lunch.

Also excess carb consumption makes the body produce more insulin (a powerful hormone) and excess insulin reduces the bodies ability to burn fat.

And most importantly stick at it.
Old 14-08-2015, 03:12 PM   #1444
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runman View Post
Losing 14.5k in 12 weeks is very good effort on it's own. You are probably at the weight now that your level of exercise and diet defines, and to go lower may require a little belt tightening on the carbs.

If you can get your carb intake under 50g a day,this is where metabolic benefits really start to kick in. When eating less than 50 grams per day, your body will get into ketosis, supplying energy for the brain via so-called ketone bodies. This is likely to kill your appetite and cause you to lose weight automatically, it would definitely remove those last 2.5k.

How tall are you? Have you checked your BMI to see what weight is appropriate for your age, height etc?
http://www.heartfoundation.org.au/he...alculator.aspx
I lost 17.5 kilos on a Keto diet in 12 weeks, never felt hungry once and actually ate more food volume than before I started the diet, I tried to keep my carbs under 30g a day. A Keto diet works well but it's not for everyone, 2 great side effects of a Keto diet are no lactic acid build up pain whilst training and no post workout soreness and I reckon I was stronger on the Keto diet too.
Old 14-08-2015, 04:27 PM   #1445
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTF6 View Post
Secondly, reduce your daily calorie intake by 300 calories and then keep it the same for 10 days, then reduce it by another 300 calories and then keep it at that for another 10 days and so on until you reach your target daily calorie intake.

By only reducing by 300 calories you avoid the feeling hungry all the time feeling but 300 calories isn't much of a deficit so you need to be strict as just 1 beer can bring you back to maintenance calories and you won't be in deficit.

Thirdly, try and eat about 5 to 6 meals a day in the early stages whilst still sticking to the second rule above and then gradually reduce the total calorie content of the meals down to 400 calories per meal, that way 5 meals a day x 400 calories = 2000 calories.

Lastly, the body doesn't need a lot of carbs to perform at it's best, your carb intake doesn't need to exceed more than 100 grams per day and try to consume all of your daily carb intake at breakfast, mid morning and lunch.

Also excess carb consumption makes the body produce more insulin (a powerful hormone) and excess insulin reduces the bodies ability to burn fat.
Cant totally agree with this.

300 calories one week and so on; thats 1200 calories over 4 weeks, which is a lot. In a short time. 500 calories once for at least a month + training. There is bound to be weight loss. Someone wanting to lose excess weight will lose 50% of it quite quickly by ensuring around 3lt of water per day, exercise and dropping their caloric amount by 500. You can east $##t all day, as long as the caloric amount of that food is 500 less than their maintenance level, they will lose weight. People will lose fluid weight; which generally works hand in hand with eating cleaner food i.e. less sodium = less fluid retention, but people want to lose body fat %, not to be confused with scale weight.

Therefore, portion size does not matter. Total calories in VS calories out (energy used in the day). Low calorie meals can be made up but also equal large quantity i.e. 6 eggs, 200g salmon and a piece of toast (from memory when i did my last cut) was a lower calorie meal than 250g chicken breast with 150g sweet potato and whatever else i was having with it. Dont over complicate calories consumed vs calories burned.

The slower the rate you lose weight the quicker your metabolism will become for a longer period, thus keeping the weight off longer.

Carbs are not bad. This is a myth. Foods which are generally high in complex carbs are processed wheaty processed foods. Its like saying all German's are Nazi's.

Quote:
Firstly, you must calculate what you are currently eating now before you start dieting so you know what your starting point is for calorie intake, there are heaps of really good phone apps that will do it for you.

An important step when you start to diet is to not be drastic and go from 4000 calories a day down to 2000 calories a day. 2000 calories a day should be your eventual goal but you will only hit plateaus if you go too hard too soon.

Don't worry that you've only lost a few kilos at this early stage as most peoples metabolisms take about 3 weeks to get into fat burning mode
Agreed.

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2015, 09:03 PM   #1446
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by raised by monkeys View Post
Cant totally agree with this.

300 calories one week and so on; thats 1200 calories over 4 weeks, which is a lot. In a short time. 500 calories once for at least a month + training. There is bound to be weight loss. Someone wanting to lose excess weight will lose 50% of it quite quickly by ensuring around 3lt of water per day, exercise and dropping their caloric amount by 500. You can east $##t all day, as long as the caloric amount of that food is 500 less than their maintenance level, they will lose weight. People will lose fluid weight; which generally works hand in hand with eating cleaner food i.e. less sodium = less fluid retention, but people want to lose body fat %, not to be confused with scale weight.

Therefore, portion size does not matter. Total calories in VS calories out (energy used in the day). Low calorie meals can be made up but also equal large quantity i.e. 6 eggs, 200g salmon and a piece of toast (from memory when i did my last cut) was a lower calorie meal than 250g chicken breast with 150g sweet potato and whatever else i was having with it. Dont over complicate calories consumed vs calories burned.

The slower the rate you lose weight the quicker your metabolism will become for a longer period, thus keeping the weight off longer.

Carbs are not bad. This is a myth. Foods which are generally high in complex carbs are processed wheaty processed foods. Its like saying all German's are Nazi's.

Agreed.
I said reduce by 300 calories for 10 days, that's 1200 calories over 40 days. Off course exercise volume will also come into it but my comments above were not based on bodybuilders it was for the person who changes nothing except diet and for these people portion size does matter.

And I didn't say all carbs are bad, complex in controlled amounts are fine, simple carbs have a role as well but in small doses. What is bad is uncontrolled amounts in huge portions.
Old 14-08-2015, 09:26 PM   #1447
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I said reduce by 300 calories for 10 days, that's 1200 calories over 40 days. Off course exercise volume will also come into it but my comments above were not based on bodybuilders it was for the person who changes nothing except diet and for these people portion size does matter.

And I didn't say all carbs are bad, complex in controlled amounts are fine, simple carbs have a role as well but in small doses. What is bad is uncontrolled amounts in huge portions.
Sorry, i miss read the 10 days, although id say its still too quick to drop by 300 every 10 days. Bodybuilder, athlete or average joe changing nothing but diet; its all the same.

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-10-2015, 12:04 AM   #1448
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Interesting to look at the efforts others make to lose some weight, ive started getting serious about losing of the middle age spread ...... yet again, this time im watching what i eat, and seriously doing some walking .
If i can convey one little tid bit of info for the younger dudes/dudets, once your getting on in years , and your body has done some hard miles , you can then add more pain into the equation of losing weight(so if you can stay a bit trim now all the better) .
For years jumping up and down of trucks has done my joints in , cartilages are like old territory ball joints if i can use that analogy ;), shoulders , knees getting a bit dodgey , hips are totally knackered, but i push through the pain which seems really bad/worse in the mornings , getting up the front veranda steps after the walk ......ouch.
ive done two walks today the first one, 2 kilometres,
this evening i did 3 kilometres , pain wasnt as bad .

My take on the losing weight thing is , taking it off is actually a piece of ****, especially if your not in pain, its the mind that is the problem, you have to stay focused ,

tonight for example i went out for tea and it was tough to pick salad for tucker, but i did it , i did weaken and have big java though .

Its all about the pain in one way or another, i dont know how long i can keep it up for, but i have set myself a goal and when i get skinny (if it happens ! ) i may reward myself , its a BS reward , i have put in my grey cells im going for it anyway, i wont tell you peeps what the reward is because ill be the laughing stock of the AFF , but its something to aim for anyway.
for the record today i did 8072 steps (5 k`s), according to the health app on my galaxy note , i walked off 180 calories in the second walk , speaking of walking i find having some bluetooth head phones playing some good tunes of your phone or other device helps to stay on track.
Anyway to all of us .... may the focus be with us !
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2015, 01:54 AM   #1449
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

Anyone else still on the grind?

150 odd kg at my biggest (fattest), 85kg at my leanest (skinnyfattest) and currently 104kg at my strongest and most muscular. Loving life, been with an absolute stunner of a girl for almost 18 months now, much better job and loving life. Still got more fat than I'd like but I'm cutting at the moment and should be abs lean in time for summer.

82lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, bigger cooler, Plazmaman piping, SS Growler, tune, ZF tune, Crow valve springs so far.

Ozracing coilovers, Pedders sway bars front and rear.

315rwkw
MWTB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2015, 07:30 AM   #1450
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecaptain View Post
Some good info right here.

Counting marco's becomes crucially important when it comes to hitting more challenging goals, i.e. the last few kilos of a fat loss diet. It will also help make sure your not going too low with your calories and tanking your metabolism.

If you were tanking your metabolism by eating too little for too long, try eating maintenance calories for a couple weeks to reset your metabolism, then recommence with your diet, albeit with no more than a 500cal deficit from TDEE.
+1 for MyFitnessPal app. I've never had a problem training (love getting out on the bike or going for a run) but food control is 80% of losing weight and an app lets you manage this. You don't know exactly how much you're putting in your mouth until you start recording it.
FairmontGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2015, 10:06 PM   #1451
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

I also have to disagree with the sentiment above. Carbs are not an evil enemy. You don't need to cut them stupidly low. As a matter of fact, cutting my carbs stupidly low stalls my fat loss. I cut mine down to 50-80g a day and my fat loss stopped. I'm back up to 250-260 (granted I train 4-6 times a week and have a lot more muscle mass than the average person) but unless I go full keto then low carbs do not work for me, and I don't believe low carb is the right way. Your strength will suffer because of the lack of muscle glycogen which will result in less effort expended in your training. I also don't believe in the need for a ketogenic diet and while yes they do work, they don't work any better than a caloric deficit of the same amount while on a carb fed diet. I've done keto 4 or 5 times myself and I have never seen any difference while on the same number of calories vs when I am eating carbs, the only difference is my appearance and performance. When eating carbs your muscles will be physically bigger due to the glycogen and your performance will also be better for the same reason.

Carbs are not the enemy. Eating too many calories is the enemy. I'm currently eating 280g protein, 260g carbs and 85g fat a day and losing pretty fast with only 20 mins cardio 3 x a week. The metabolic fatigue and overload you put on your muscles while weight training is far more important IMO.

Hit 5 heavy sets of compound lifts eg bench press, then do high volume isolation work with a lower weight. That way you stimulate both your muscular system and your central nervous system. Do your 20 minutes of cardio after that and you have just created 3 different forms of stimulus that your body now needs to recover from, and that is where your fat burn comes from, the recovery, not the gym session itself; that burns glycogen.

/rant

82lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, bigger cooler, Plazmaman piping, SS Growler, tune, ZF tune, Crow valve springs so far.

Ozracing coilovers, Pedders sway bars front and rear.

315rwkw
MWTB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2015, 02:28 PM   #1452
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its hard yakka this self control business, but the effort is worth it , i cant believe how the weight can fall off when you set your mind to it, even for a burnt old fart such as myself with dodgy bones.
A bit of exercise and behaving yourself with your food,
just checked my scales , its been a while since the scales did not do one complete orbit and and started determinedly heading around for a second go , unbelievably in such a short time .......... a couple of months give or take a week of determined im getting healthy again mind set, im a tad less than 18 stone.
if i can do it .....any one can, good luck to you peeps.
Old 30-11-2015, 03:27 PM   #1453
Panda
XR6 and XR8 Club of QLD

I have to agree, every time (almost) I see something delicious to eat I say to myself "It's easier to not put it into your mouth than it is to burn it off on a treadmill"

Why must bad stuff taste so good?
Old 30-11-2015, 05:31 PM   #1454
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

indeed Panda, i think exactly the same way.
Old 09-01-2016, 01:21 AM   #1455
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Well I'm hovering at 130 now, it's all come everywhere except my gut.

I don't think diet and the small amount of exercise is going to get rid of it.

I honestly don't know where to go from here, I work out in the heat in Karratha 6 days a week and am too knackered at the end of the day to really do anything too strenuous..
Old 09-01-2016, 09:26 AM   #1456
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

You're doing really well - You've lost 10 kg!. It's better to lose weight slowly as it's more sustainable in the long run. You've still got the gut because that's the first place it went on - it's coming off in reverse order.

It's still about the net calories at the end of the day. So pay very close attention to that. Average calories for a male is about 2400 per day. Any more and you add weight, any less and you lose weight. Are you recording your calorie intake with a fitness app? If not, I would recommend MyFitnessPal and team that with Endomondo (they integrate) for exercise. Also, alcohol - it's a killer, so many calories. What are you drinking per day?

When everyone else is having a few schooners at the end of the day whack your runners on and go for a nice evening walk. Build up to 5 km per day.

I'm assuming you are on site - does the company have a gym?

Keep going.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:20 AM   #1457
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

I'm residential.

I haven't really been counting my calories, just trying to keep them down by eating as best as I can, no lite n easy up here, so been having food like rice for lunch and salads for dinner.

Went a bit wayward over Xmas, and really wanna get back on track because I'm so self conscious about this huge gut hanging out...what's so frustrating is I'm actually reasonably toned in the chest and arms.

Gonna start doing walking in the evening, would doing something like sit ups help at all?
Tried finding info online but there's so much conflicting information.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:45 AM   #1458
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
would doing something like sit ups help at all?
I wouldn't worry too much about sit-ups at this stage - any exercise is good, but seeing that you can't spot-reduce you're better of utilizing your time/energy on exercises that will burn more calories. Swim/Bike ride/Brisk walk (even better if you go on a small hike up/down hills you wont even know you're doing it-while taking photos) etc....even a heavy leg work-out or punching a bag will cream an abb work-out in terms of calories burnt.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2016, 12:12 PM   #1459
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

^ this.
Old 09-01-2016, 12:20 PM   #1460
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
I'm residential.

I haven't really been counting my calories, just trying to keep them down by eating as best as I can, no lite n easy up here, so been having food like rice for lunch and salads for dinner.

Went a bit wayward over Xmas, and really wanna get back on track because I'm so self conscious about this huge gut hanging out...what's so frustrating is I'm actually reasonably toned in the chest and arms.

Gonna start doing walking in the evening, would doing something like sit ups help at all?
Tried finding info online but there's so much conflicting information.
Yeah, forget the sit-ups. Try to find "accidental" exercise - need milk? Walk to the shops. How far are you from work? Get a bike and cycle there and back each day. Pool in town? Do laps on every other day.

BUT - at the end of the day losing and maintaining a healthy body weight is 20% exercise and 80% diet. It doesn't matter if you up the exercise but don't change the way you eat.

You say "I haven't really been counting my calories, just trying to keep them down by eating as best as I can, no lite n easy up here, so been having food like rice for lunch and salads for dinner."

Try counting your calories for a month. Use an app like MyFitnessPal and you'll be shocked at what you think you're eating and what you actually are eating. Oh, and get off the rice for lunch - deadly. Swap it for a nice bit of lean protein such as chicken, ham, fish. Make lunch your main meal for the day if you can with the salad for dinner.

I'm not a fan of Lite n' Easy as it's been heavily processed to remove virtually anything of value.

Good luck.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:50 PM   #1461
DJR David
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

stay off the dairy, carbs and sugar as much as possible for a month and see what happens. Get a copy of "that sugar film" to see how much sugar we all eat by accident!
DJR David is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-01-2016, 07:57 PM   #1462
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR David View Post
stay off the dairy, carbs and sugar as much as possible for a month and see what happens. Get a copy of "that sugar film" to see how much sugar we all eat by accident!
Even if you didn't lose a great deal of weight in that period, you would actually feel better from that change of diet alone.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2016, 10:28 PM   #1463
jusTANG

DoreSlamR, some thought starters for you.

what are my tips for weight loss.
1/ Sleep
2/ Food
3/ Sleep
4/ Exercise (build muscle)
5/ Stress

Further more everyone should be supplementing Magnesium, Vitamin D, Multi Vitamin (Good one), Probiotic (Good one), Fish oil (I altnernate between krill one course and fish oil one course)

Yes sleep there twice, most important thing. How's your sleep?

Food, eat real food, not food bought in a packet. Watch hidden sugars, as spoken about kill the carbs off. Only carbs in green leafy veg. Fats, include good fats, Olive oil raw on salads etc, coconut oil to cook with and Avocado (if you can get them are a good snack) Full fat everything (milk, yogurt etc) I would cut dairy for a while atleast.
Fruit I would cut for a while however a good article here http://180nutrition.com.au/2015/11/0...o-lose-weight/
your gut health needs to be spot on, some things you can judge are by gas, bowel movements, bloating.

Excercise, you want to build muscle, its not weight you want to loose it is FAT. Muscle weighs more then fat so if you are building muscle the scales will slow. There are studies that show resistance training have a host of benefits to the overall body. If you can get to a gym great if not go for a walk and include some squats, pushups (on a hand rail) and some kind of pull excercise (again a hand rail can work) as you get stronger and you will include lunges, step ups.

Reduce stress as much as you can. The supp's will help that a little also.

Don't restrict calories to much specially if you are a active worker. Eat real food watch you servings size. Protein size of palm, veggies free rain on and some fat.
Fat does not make you fat and specially belly fat.
That's sugar and carbs are basically a sugar. Don't listen to people saying its a natural sugar its crap. The body sees sugar as sugar.

A really good digestive kickstart is a shot of ACV (apple cider vinegar) can be added to a glass of warm lemon water first thing in the morning

Oh, and drink water !!!!!!!! lots of it in that heat 3 to 4 litres a day and black green tea can count as some of the water
jusTANG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 21-01-2016, 10:02 PM   #1464
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Or... try a 5:2 fast and don't worry about anything else for now.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2016, 05:07 PM   #1465
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusTANG View Post
DoreSlamR, some thought starters for you.

what are my tips for weight loss.
1/ Sleep
2/ Food
3/ Sleep
4/ Exercise (build muscle)
5/ Stress

Further more everyone should be supplementing Magnesium, Vitamin D, Multi Vitamin (Good one), Probiotic (Good one), Fish oil (I altnernate between krill one course and fish oil one course)

Yes sleep there twice, most important thing. How's your sleep?

Food, eat real food, not food bought in a packet. Watch hidden sugars, as spoken about kill the carbs off. Only carbs in green leafy veg. Fats, include good fats, Olive oil raw on salads etc, coconut oil to cook with and Avocado (if you can get them are a good snack) Full fat everything (milk, yogurt etc) I would cut dairy for a while atleast.
Fruit I would cut for a while however a good article here http://180nutrition.com.au/2015/11/0...o-lose-weight/
your gut health needs to be spot on, some things you can judge are by gas, bowel movements, bloating.

Excercise, you want to build muscle, its not weight you want to loose it is FAT. Muscle weighs more then fat so if you are building muscle the scales will slow. There are studies that show resistance training have a host of benefits to the overall body. If you can get to a gym great if not go for a walk and include some squats, pushups (on a hand rail) and some kind of pull excercise (again a hand rail can work) as you get stronger and you will include lunges, step ups.

Reduce stress as much as you can. The supp's will help that a little also.

Don't restrict calories to much specially if you are a active worker. Eat real food watch you servings size. Protein size of palm, veggies free rain on and some fat.
Fat does not make you fat and specially belly fat.
That's sugar and carbs are basically a sugar. Don't listen to people saying its a natural sugar its crap. The body sees sugar as sugar.

A really good digestive kickstart is a shot of ACV (apple cider vinegar) can be added to a glass of warm lemon water first thing in the morning

Oh, and drink water !!!!!!!! lots of it in that heat 3 to 4 litres a day and black green tea can count as some of the water
i just watched a video with a bloke talking about how good a couple of teaspoons of apple cider vinegar was in water before meals , not only for weight loss but also for general health , especially in older farts .

just checked my weight a little while ago , im heading in the right direction still , by my calculations , i have taken off approximately 60 .... pounds .... about 28 kg ish ........ may be a tad over .
done my 80 sit ups today , will head out on the cycle a bit later
..... keep at it kids.
2 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2016, 06:42 PM   #1466
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
i just watched a video with a bloke talking about how good a couple of teaspoons of apple cider vinegar was in water before meals , not only for weight loss but also for general health , especially in older farts .

just checked my weight a little while ago , im heading in the right direction still , by my calculations , i have taken off approximately 60 .... pounds .... about 28 kg ish ........ may be a tad over .
..... keep at it kids.
Ive started to do this in the past week. Supposed to reduce inflammation as well as help with stomach digestion. Bit early to notice results but till keep on to it for a while and see how it goes.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2016, 07:03 PM   #1467
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post

..... keep at it kids.
Well done. I got up to 98 kg by the end of last year with travel and work and holidays but I've been hammering the bike and no beer since New year and I'm back to 93.5 kg this morning. A couple to go.
Old 26-01-2016, 08:55 PM   #1468
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Well done. I got up to 98 kg by the end of last year with travel and work and holidays but I've been hammering the bike and no beer since New year and I'm back to 93.5 kg this morning. A couple to go.
Thanks mate, and will done to you to, I haven't touched a drop for years, but have indulged in all manner of junk food over the years, in the last 4 months I have sworn of the loli water , and as much sugar as I can as well as junk food , also cut brekky down to about a third and lunch about half, I try and have a good tea though .
I'm thinking getting it off. might be less of a problem than keeping it off, but time will tell , 3 stone to go : ).
2 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2016, 09:06 PM   #1469
Ross 1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
Ive started to do this in the past week. Supposed to reduce inflammation as well as help with stomach digestion. Bit early to notice results but till keep on to it for a while and see how it goes.
Will have to try the vinegar as well, I have been drinking a glass of water with the juice of 1-1.5 lemons first thing every morning for nearly a year and the difference in my digestion is great. I have gastritis but would rather monitor my diet than be stuck on medication for ever.
Ross 1 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2016, 10:15 PM   #1470
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

So glad to see this thread open again..

Got off the weights last year as my daily job was strenuous enough and once home i just wanted to crash, but working three jobs now over various shifts including one as a chef LOL that's gonna help with weight loss for sure

Definately going to try the No dairy No carb's No sugar diet for at least a week but !
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post: