Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 10-08-2010, 07:45 PM   #1
Mullina
Starter Motor

Question '89 Laser Stereo

Hi,
New to the forum & already found it informative, thanks
Only thing i have not come across yet is information on what i really need
I have a '98 Laser & i have removed the original radio/casette player out of it in hopes to have wired up a newer radio/cd player, however the wires of the laser are very different from the ones on the back of the cd player & i was wanting some sort of a table to know which of the different coloured wires of the laser will match up to the colours on the radio/cd player i want to put in to it....
I have searched for a wiring diagram or something of the sorts just to get the info on what each wire is but so far unable to find one, if anyone could help me by pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated... thanks

Mullina is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2010, 10:44 PM   #2
smally289
growing up is optional

Have a look here >> http://www.aerpro.com.au/vrg.php Aerpro make harnesses to adapt most aftermarket head units to Lasers. You can buy them from Repco and other auto parts places.
Better work out if its a '98 or an '89 first ...........
smally289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2010, 11:36 PM   #3
Mullina
Starter Motor

oh... sorry it's definately a '89
slip of the keys
Old 10-08-2010, 11:43 PM   #4
Mullina
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by smally351
Have a look here >> http://www.aerpro.com.au/vrg.php Aerpro make harnesses to adapt most aftermarket head units to Lasers. You can buy them from Repco and other auto parts places.
Better work out if its a '98 or an '89 first ...........
Thanks, only problem is when the original radio was taken out the plug was broken off also... but anyways...
Think it is going to be a take to a shop to get done thing....

Last edited by Mullina; 10-08-2010 at 11:49 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:31 PM   #5
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Hi. try these colors for a KE
POWER 12V+BLUE/RED ACC 12V+ BLUE/WHITE
EARTH BLACK DIAL RED/BLACK
SPEAKERS FL+ BLUE FL- BLUE/WHITE
FR+ BLUE/RED FR- BLUE/YELLOW
RL+ BLUE RL- BLUE/WHITE
RR+ BLUE/RED RR- BLUE/YELLOW
NOTE REAR SPEAKER WIRES STOP UNDER
DRIVERS FRONT SEAT
or look on a site called http://www.modifiedlife.com/ and look for a mazda with the same colors as yours. (some did and some didn't) Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2010, 12:25 PM   #6
Mullina
Starter Motor

Thanks Michael
much appreciated.. i have wired the connector back in for now & am attempting the above suggestion first with the converter, even though the attachment converter was never made for my car, one was but the other piece to connect the car to the connector wasnt.. how ever on the advice of the salesman from repco one for a ford EB or similar should work... just trial and error for now...
Not sure all the wires are in the right spot for the plug but i guess we will see after i pick up the second part i had to order in...

Those colours are the colours of the wires, they are all pretty much blue with another colour so sounds like you may be correct, if all the other stuff fails then it will be attempting to wire them directly once again

Thanks again for your help