Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 18-05-2012, 12:56 PM   #1
crazy67
Drag racing ANDRA

Default flash tuner and tune for bf xr8

after a price on flash tuner and tune for bf xr8 with exhaust and minor mods..what could i expect with a tune.

Old 18-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #2
Theo@BluePower
Bluepower
Donating Member1

Default Re: flash tuner and tune for bf xr8

XCAL3 flash tuner and custom tuning is $1650 but there is a good forums discount that i will give when you book it in ...

Let me know
9305 3000
03 9305 3000

Theo@BluePower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2012, 09:29 PM   #3
swamp89
Noobie

What results could we see if we got one?
-Tuned by Bluepower

XH XR6 Ute
-5 speed man, arctic white with red trim
-Lukey cat back exhaust, lowered front and rear
swamp89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2012, 03:54 PM   #4
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

On BF, if the entire car is tock, tune only around 10-15rwkw.

If it has a CAI, add 5rwkw

if it has a full exhaust system, add 5-10rwkw

So, we generally see stock BF at 20-205, tune exhaust and CAI around 235-240ish.

Hope this isn't too confusing.

Chris

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #5
XR8_ash
2 wheel pilot, V8 novice.

Good timing as I have just posted a SCT question in the pub section. Anyway would you say it is money well spent for an xr8 with only cat back exhaust and air filter (NON cai) to get an sct tune for only an extra rwkw ???

Thank you.
XR8_ash is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #6
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8_ash
Good timing as I have just posted a SCT question in the pub section. Anyway would you say it is money well spent for an xr8 with only cat back exhaust and air filter (NON cai) to get an sct tune for only an extra rwkw ???

Thank you.
Have you been in a car with a BPR CAI on it yet ? If you love V8 sounds, you will be unable to resist. It is twice as effective as an exhaust for in car sound.

Apart from that it makes more power .

I would save up the extra bikkies and do the CAI with the tune, saves having to rejig the tune down the track. But yeah you can do it without and still get a result.

tweeked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2012, 10:12 AM   #7
BFXR8

what kind of gains would you get from a boss 290 with one of your cai + full exhaust ?
BFXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2012, 03:32 PM   #8
Theo@BluePower
Bluepower
Donating Member1

It would depend on the exhaust thats fitted to the car.. systems like pacemaker and x-force have very small gains but if you put on a Di Filippo System the gains will be bigger..

The smallest gain i have seen from our CAI is 5kw and the most i have seen is 35kw and thats just bolting on the CAI.. Most cars we see a gain of 10-20 from it..
When you add a exhaust to the figures it can change things.. some cars are restricted by the exhaust and get largers gains from them and other cars the intake is the restriction.
From CAI and a Good Exhaust system you would get 15Kw worse case and 40Kw best so somewhere in the middle is a average of 20-30kw gain..

Just did a FG S/P 315 manual today.. stock it ran 211kw bolted Di Filippo Big Boy system with 1 7/8 headers and Our CAI the car made 250.4Kw without tuning.. so thats a 40kw.
First tune put into it and its at 260kw.. once tuned this car shouls have got about 55-60kw gain from CAI, Exhaust and Tune

Hope this has helped
03 9305 3000

Theo@BluePower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2012, 08:15 PM   #9
BFXR8

thankyou that info is helpfull as im looking at changing my cat back to a quod set up but want the max i can get out of it so looks like the di filippo is the way to go .
BFXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post