Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 13-09-2009, 12:18 PM   #1
Lion Slayer
Is Ford, Is Good

Default Un-installation of CAI

I'm thinking about getting one of your CAI's for my BF XR8 and just want to ask a few questions.

Firstly my car is still under warranty untill march 2011 and Ford says that i can't touch the air intake. As i have only had the car for a few months i would like to keep that warranty for a little while incase any little problems occur, but i really want one of these air boxes.

So, if i was to buy one how hard would it be for me to return it to stock if the car ever has to go back to ford, and can i damage it if i have to take it apart a couple of times.

I plan on doing other mods that ford don't approve while still under warranty but i'm not ready to void it just yet.

Thanks.

Herrod Camshafts-Pacemaker ceramic coated 4-1 extractors-100 cpsi cats-X-Force dual 2.5 inch stainless catback exhaust-Bluepower CAI-Mellings oil pump-4.11 diff with truetrac-Lowered on SL / SSL-TSW Nurburgring 20x9.5/8.0

Custom tuned by RDP 260 rwkw
Lion Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2009, 07:06 PM   #2
Theo@BluePower
Bluepower
Donating Member1

They are very easy to uninstall...
the only signs that there was a airbox is two holes that are drilled into the wheel arch and wouldnt be really seen unless they take your airbox out...
03 9305 3000

Theo@BluePower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2009, 07:41 PM   #3
Lion Slayer
Is Ford, Is Good

OK, thanks for the reply.

Herrod Camshafts-Pacemaker ceramic coated 4-1 extractors-100 cpsi cats-X-Force dual 2.5 inch stainless catback exhaust-Bluepower CAI-Mellings oil pump-4.11 diff with truetrac-Lowered on SL / SSL-TSW Nurburgring 20x9.5/8.0

Old 14-09-2009, 08:05 PM   #4
Lion Slayer
Is Ford, Is Good

Is there a replacement for the bit of corrigated pipe that goes from the throttle body to the airbox as iv'e heard it has to be cut, is there one because i'm not sure what it's about. I forgot to add this in my last post and can't edit it anymore, thanks.

Old 15-09-2009, 08:58 AM   #5
Theo@BluePower
Bluepower
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Slayer
Is there a replacement for the bit of corrigated pipe that goes from the throttle body to the airbox as iv'e heard it has to be cut, is there one because i'm not sure what it's about. I forgot to add this in my last post and can't edit it anymore, thanks.
Yes we do offer a new right angle bend but they are a $20 extra cost to the CAI..
03 9305 3000

Theo@BluePower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2009, 10:59 PM   #6
XTT747
Banned

yeah as theo said very easy to remove(and fit) i had to swap one from 1 car into another last week and took about 10mins in total
XTT747 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2009, 07:12 PM   #7
Lion Slayer
Is Ford, Is Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTT747
yeah as theo said very easy to remove(and fit) i had to swap one from 1 car into another last week and took about 10mins in total
Thanks, when i'm ready to buy one it should be nice and easy if i have to remove it then.

Also, the replacement pipe to the throtle body, is it any bigger and improve performance over the stock one.

Old 21-09-2009, 08:55 AM   #8
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Slayer
Thanks, when i'm ready to buy one it should be nice and easy if i have to remove it then.

Also, the replacement pipe to the throtle body, is it any bigger and improve performance over the stock one.
Yes, more so on the 290 engine though.

Chris

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post