Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 27-07-2009, 09:51 AM   #31
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_J
For the record Chris, the two FG GT's we have fitted YT blower kits to are alive and well, one gets punished monthly at track days as well as being the daily work truck and the other performs the Berwick to City Monash trip twice a day, every day of the working week.

We have been supercharging 11-1 compression ratio engines for years, they work well. :voldar02:

Also, I dont agree they are a time bomb, if it has the right amount of fuel in it, the right amount of timing in it and the customer uses the correct fuel, it will live, the same as every high performance engine. You just got to get it right.

If you follow this link for the build up of a Super Charged, Super Pursuit 315: http://www.c31.org.au
Then search: Oz Garage, then click on the 24th of May episode.

Regards,

Matt.

Hi Matt,

Our position on this topic is simple. We see our 260 engines and 290 engines making a solid 400rwkw for their 10psi boost investment. To see a 315 make 350 with 10psi on your TV episode CONVINCED me not to do this. There is an obvious inefficiency here, which like it or not increases risk of engine unreliability

The higher compression in the 315 is more lended to NA modification rather than forced induction. The reality of this for me is, as a business owner is that yes, we could relent and sell these kits to higher comp Boss owners, and yes with careful tuning there may be some power, albeit not as much with a "better" suited engine, and again, with extra risk.

However,

I do believe that as a result of this, we do run a higher risk of hurting an engine, and if by some chance that on hurting the engine the blower ingests some material, not only do you have the cost of an engine to contend with, but also blower repair or replacement, and since we are talking high end Billet compressors here, we are talking $$$$.

What I say on these forums may not always make sense to people, but we make these claims for a reason Matt, end of the day, the customer is the most important person, without them I would be working at the post office licking stamps. Sales are nice, but having a largely happy customer base is more critical.

We cannot stop people from taking one of our kits off a 260 and fitting it to a 302/315, all we can do is educate. As i say, extra sales are nice, but we will be keeping our policy in check for the ultimate benefit of our client base.

Hope you and the family are well,

Chris

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2010, 05:48 AM   #32
YLDTRK
Formerly GTP075

what ever eventuated with the group buy price? i'm fairly keen atm
Old 15-01-2010, 09:50 AM   #33
FORCEFED1

Also intrested in a price
FORCEFED1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2010, 12:06 PM   #34
Tucool
Donating Member
Donating Member2

I'm shopping around too...
Tucool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2010, 12:27 PM   #35
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Lots of deleted posts.........

Anyways, would be good to get the whole deal listed out so people know what they get for their coin.

KB unit ( details of unit )
Fitted and custom tuned ( SCT unit ) ?
Airbox Upgrade ?
Oil Pump gears upgrade ?
Any follow up tuning after a couple of weeks / months etc ?

Either way, this will make 260 / 290 owners who opt for this option much happier as they wave goodbye when they drive past their S/C Coyote younger brethren...... :evil3:
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2010, 03:25 PM   #36
Tucool
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Either way, this will make 260 / 290 owners who opt for this option much happier as they wave goodbye when they drive past their S/C Coyote younger brethren......

That's exactly what I had in mind.. :

Last edited by Tucool; 16-01-2010 at 03:27 PM. Reason: forgot to highlight quote
Tucool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2010, 03:59 PM   #37
japshadow69
Starter Motor

Default Kenne Bell group Buy

Hi guys,
I have been researching a supercharger kit for my 07 BF II GT manual(290) and I would like to get a quote for the KB 2.6L Intercooled Kit fitted (good timing with the group buy haha) The car will have around 44,000 km on the clock and has fitted already a Growler CAI and an aftermarket quad exhaust system(twin outlet from rear muffler looks to be 2.5inch).
I will be looking at Xtreme Ford Tuning in Midland Perth to do the fitting in April (last 2 weeks about).
The car is my daily driver and I am looking at keeping the power at or below 350rwkw (with the option to go more later on) and have seen you achieve this with around 7 psi or so? The car will not see any track days and will rarely see the drag strip.
I would also like include in the price the twin throttle body upgrade. I am trying to buy "once off" the upgraded parts so I don't have to buy them again when I want to upgrade the power. If you guys recommend I will also look at getting the Oil Pump gears done at the same time.
Not sure on which flash tuner you guys use but would like a flash tuner with tunes for 95 octane as well as for 98 (98 is a bit scarce where I am). I would like to also keep the factory extractors/cats/o2 sensors for ease of trying to get the car certified/compliant. In saying that, if you guys do exhaust work would like more noise from my current system (muffler change?).

If you recommend anyone from Extreme to talk to I can give them a call this week to have a chat about my options. If you could please also send me the Kit part number/reference so I can check with the local Engineer about compliance.

Hmm to sum up the wall of text Can I get a quote for:

2.6l Kenne Bell Intercooled supercharger kit fitted
Tuned for 95 and 98 octane fuel
Twin Throttle body fitted
Any fuel system upgrades needed
Oil Pump gears upgraded

Thanks for your time. Feel free to PM me or use my email.
Pete
japshadow69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post