Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 14-02-2008, 10:37 PM   #31
JOSH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

what does it convert it too? 9inch?
JOSH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2008, 07:24 AM   #32
AGRO
KB TECH SUPPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkXr
Thats good, I have no doubt the kit is quality, but what about at high boost, I dont think anyone is running this kit at high boost as yet. could be wrong.
DarkXr.
What are you aiming for?
Define high boost?

One belt or two, it does not matter.
I can tell you that nearly every kit on the market in the world is designed around simplicity. What works for one, might not work for another. This might be because of the initial outlay of components, or built to a cost!
The BPR kits were designed to run with one belt. Limitations using a single belt is belt slip. Design it right, and belt slip is NOT A PROBLEM. I will be confident in saying the BPR kits will handle 20psi boost without belt slip, using a single belt.
IF the need ever arose where a customer needed higher boost again, and belt slip was the weak link, we would step up to an 8 or 10 rib belt, before ever going down the path of a second belt. For us, running a second belt is NOT an option, as it adds more components to a system....... more things to possibly go wrong!
Load on the crank???? Yes, of course there is extra load. You turn your Air-Con on...... that loads the crank. The load on the entire engine is increased with forced induction, being SC or turbo. Running two belts.......STILL LOADS YOUR ENGINE.
The fact is, these Boss engines are pretty strong. They can take a fair beating, IF IT'S DONE CORRECTLY.
Reliable power..... around the 350rwkw on stock internals.
Some customers are running around the 400rwkw, but they accept that this is beginning to push things.
Drivetrain????? Well, some are failing with stock cars. Double the standard power output with a KB, the chance of failure just multiplies. How much it multiplies.... well that depends on how you drive it!

Hope this helps with peoples questions.

Regards

AGRO.
-------------------------------------------
Hp & Money...It's Never Enough.
AGRO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2008, 10:03 AM   #33
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkXr
Does BPT's kit use two belts?
I couldn't say for sure, although I am pretty sure Barry's kit utilises 2 belts. more information on Barrys setup can be found on his website, or by calling Barry, Im sure he will run through his setup with you over the phone.

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2008, 04:08 PM   #34
Aussie MustangGT
Mustang GT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepower
I couldn't say for sure, although I am pretty sure Barry's kit utilises 2 belts. more information on Barrys setup can be found on his website, or by calling Barry, Im sure he will run through his setup with you over the phone.
Hi Chris,
As you know I nearly bought his supercharger kit until I saw your kit which I immediately fell in love with for a number of excellent engineering reasons, particularly the use of the Kenne Bell supercharger and the non- repositioning of the alternator, but most importantly your reputation for tuning and the fact you always had time for me from the very first phone call. You may not be old but you are very much from the "old school" of how to look after your customers, treat them like they are important and make them feel like you have all the time in the world for them. But I digress (which is not unusual), but my memory of Barry's setup was that the repositioned alternator (down near the power steering oil pump) which was mounted properly and around the correct way had its own drive belt driven by a crankshaft pulley mounted to the original harmonic pulley via the three threaded holes that were used for extracting that pulley. I will also give Barry full marks for the way he went about setting up the FEAD system.
Cheers, Ian.
Aussie MustangGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2008, 04:24 PM   #35
Aussie MustangGT
Mustang GT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Hoon
The problem is that this kit can make more power than you or the transmission can ever handle. As you probably know I totally rebuilt my motor running 9.0:1 compression so that close to standard timing can be used. The problem is always going to be (other than the transmission) the centre bearing and CV on the tailshaft, the front flexible rubber coupling and the CV's on the driveshafts. That is why the Ford utes are better suited because of their solid rear axle and why a solid rear axle is used on the 2007 Ford Shelby Cobra GT500 and independant rear ends on the rest of the Mustangs. We haven't got a hope in hell of the rear end hanging together on an XR8 or GT above probably 350-400 rwkw with the KB. Probably the only solution is universal joints throughout and upgrade of the tailshaft and centre bearing, resulting in a less than smooth drive. I hope somebody proves me wrong. That is why I feel my main tune is probably going to be 300-350 rwkw which is unbelievable with the torque available. I am waiting to see if Harrop Engineering can come up with something, but I am sure whatever that will be will be the limit of what can be done other than the $11500 complete rear end that Chris keeps talking about.
Cheers,
Ian.
My comments above are pointed more at drag racing and heavy handed road use. In my case Chris's clever malipulation of the 4 speed auto's software has bought me enough time to see me out with probably only the driveshaft CV joints potentially being a problem depending on which tune I settle for. I doubt if my better half will let me go drag racing and anyway I have "been there, done that". Chris and Paul's KB intercooled kit has enormous torque (as mentioned above) over and above the opposition and this is always going to be a problem as you ramp up the boost and it is going to be interesting to see what solutions (if any) that people can come up with to solve the problems of failing transmission components.
Cheers, Ian.
Old 16-02-2008, 03:12 PM   #36
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
That is why the Ford utes are better suited because of their solid rear axle and why a solid rear axle is used on the 2007 Ford Shelby Cobra GT500 and independant rear ends on the rest of the Mustangs.
All current Mustangs use a live rear axle. The only Mustang that ever used IRS was the Mustang Cobra from a few years ago.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2008, 06:03 PM   #37
Aussie MustangGT
Mustang GT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
All current Mustangs use a live rear axle. The only Mustang that ever used IRS was the Mustang Cobra from a few years ago.
Sorry about that mistake. I was only ever interested in the 2007 Ford Shelby Cobra GT500 and when I saw that it had gone to a live rear end over the SVT Cobra's IRS I kind of made the wrong assumption about the other models based on ignorance. I've since learnt that the new model was originally going to come to market with an IRS ,but development costs made it more economical to go with a live rear end which could understandably handle a higher torque plus had other advantages. It is obvious that we need a much more expensive IRS for our sedans if we want to reliably transmit torque in excess of 600NM.
There is an interesting article at this address:
http://www.stangnet.com/Press-Releas...Cobra-IRS.html
Cheers, Ian.
Old 16-02-2008, 07:58 PM   #38
Aussie MustangGT
Mustang GT Auto

Forget about the above URL re rear suspension. I should have fully read it first as I thought it also covered upgraded driveshafts. I obviously knew it applied to SVT Cobra Mustangs, but thought it may have been interesting. Waste of time. Sorry about that. Time to go and hide under my rock again.
Ian
Old 16-02-2008, 08:05 PM   #39
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Forget about the above URL re rear suspension. I should have fully read it first as I thought it also covered upgraded driveshafts. I obviously knew it applied to SVT Cobra Mustangs, but thought it may have been interesting. Waste of time. Sorry about that. Time to go and hide under my rock again.
Ian
Hey mate give KCDR drivetrains in sydney a call, they do billet cv's & driveshafts. They order them from the states so each set is custom made if required, they order a few set's of std sized ones in aswell to keep them in stock.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2008, 09:09 PM   #40
Aussie MustangGT
Mustang GT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Hey mate give KCDR drivetrains in sydney a call, they do billet cv's & driveshafts. They order them from the states so each set is custom made if required, they order a few set's of std sized ones in aswell to keep them in stock.
Hi Leigh, based on an earlier post by yourself re KCDR I actually rang them during this week. The boss was in the USA and the guy in charge told me that their upgrade CV joints (that you mentioned) really are not suitable for much more than 300 rwkw and it was from his comments that I made mention above about using universal joints of which he mentioned a particular part number. He seemed to be of the opinion that you are severely limited using CV's even though they are the only thing that will give you smooth transmission of power. Now Harrop Engineering have been working on this problem for some time re driveshafts for the Ford Falcon IRS and I feel it is prudent to wait for the engineering outcome of their R&D.
Cheers, Ian.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:57 PM   #41
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
So we're saying here that its possible to get 350+RWKW reliably with ALL STOCK INTERNALS on the BOSS 290???????????

How does the ZF 6A cope ??

I'd be interested in a KB set up down the track on the GT as well...........just concerned about fit quality , longevity of drivetrain components etc........

Pardon my ignorance here as well, but I thought all S/C applications ran a low Compression ratio. The 290 runs around 10.5 : 1. Is this modified for the fitment ??

Without being too blunt, what is the relative $$$ price range for supply and fit to 290 ??
Bump. Good question.

What would be the price of your intercooled kit Chris? What are it's inclusions? I like the noise of the KB Blower and the looks of the BPT kit. Decisions, decisions.

Thanks.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:13 AM   #42
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6 XR6T
Bump. Good question.

What would be the price of your intercooled kit Chris? What are it's inclusions? I like the noise of the KB Blower and the looks of the BPT kit. Decisions, decisions.

Thanks.
Hi mate,

drop APC city a line, Jim should be able to help you.

www.bluepower.com.au

Old 09-05-2008, 09:32 AM   #43
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
So we're saying here that its possible to get 350+RWKW reliably with ALL STOCK INTERNALS on the BOSS 290???????????

How does the ZF 6A cope ??

I'd be interested in a KB set up down the track on the GT as well...........just concerned about fit quality , longevity of drivetrain components etc........

Pardon my ignorance here as well, but I thought all S/C applications ran a low Compression ratio. The 290 runs around 10.5 : 1. Is this modified for the fitment ??

Without being too blunt, what is the relative $$$ price range for supply and fit to 290 ??
Sorry ESP, your question seems to have fallen by the wayside here.......

In a street application, 350rwkw is a walk in the park for our kit, and you will be running less boost than other kits to do it, with excellent repeatability.

Stock internals? well, they stack up really well up to 350, we have had torture testing of the Boss for 18 months with this power and its been fine.

If you wish to push the envelope it would be wise to budget for an engine.

Having said that we have at least 20 out there making over 400 that are being thrashed right now without problems - i have developed an issue with my car with a stock motor at over 500rwkw, and we have had one client who is a forum member who has had an issue with a 400rwkw setup that was being used in conditions not ideal to us, however we have been in full support of that client to make it painless and inexpensive.

The ZF 6 spd has a sprag type gear on 4,5,6. 123 are not too bad, but if you want to burn the tyres in 4th (and believe me it will) you may find youself in a quandry with the trans.

Having said that, we have fully built ZF boxes on the shelf availible ONLY to BPR KB clients.

Fit quality? Best on the market Period. As far as blower kits go, and not to take anything away from our opposition, here are some pointers for you....

* premium intercooler setup - guaranteed best PD S/C intercooler for the Boss

* No need to cut fuel rails, meaning easy "return to stock"

* Single belt with cush drive system - availible only on KenneBell

* the only kit availible with an Australian cast manifold - not fabbed or cut and shut, locally cast and CNC machined for accuracy.

* 2.6 compressor, allowing for "room to move" should the bug bite down harder.....

This kit is the IDENTICAL unit as fitted to our record breaking XR8 ute, which is yet to have any kind of opposing PD kit anywhere near it.

Dont worry about the compression - low spark tables, 7psi you will see MORE than 350 - you will be amazed at how efficient and safe we can make this.

Price?? drop me a line at the office and I'll sort out a deal for you.

www.bluepower.com.au

Old 09-05-2008, 10:17 AM   #44
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:

In a street application, 350rwkw is a walk in the park for our kit, and you will be running less boost than other kits to do it, with excellent repeatability.

Stock internals? well, they stack up really well up to 350, we have had torture testing of the Boss for 18 months with this power and its been fine.

Having said that we have at least 20 out there making over 400 that are being thrashed right now without problems - i have developed an issue with my car with a stock motor at over 500rwkw, and we have had one client who is a forum member who has had an issue with a 400rwkw setup that was being used in conditions not ideal to us, however we have been in full support of that client to make it painless and inexpensive.

The ZF 6 spd has a sprag type gear on 4,5,6. 123 are not too bad, but if you want to burn the tyres in 4th (and believe me it will) you may find youself in a quandry with the trans.

Having said that, we have fully built ZF boxes on the shelf availible ONLY to BPR KB clients.

Fit quality? Best on the market Period. As far as blower kits go, and not to take anything away from our opposition, here are some pointers for you....

* the only kit availible with an Australian cast manifold - not fabbed or cut and shut, locally cast and CNC machined for accuracy.

* 2.6 compressor, allowing for "room to move" should the bug bite down harder.....

This kit is the IDENTICAL unit as fitted to our record breaking XR8 ute, which is yet to have any kind of opposing PD kit anywhere near it.

Dont worry about the compression - low spark tables, 7psi you will see MORE than 350 - you will be amazed at how efficient and safe we can make this.

With the different gear setup on 4th does the built box over come this issue.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:44 PM   #45
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hi mate,

drop APC city a line, Jim should be able to help you.
Thanks, but I'd like a price to supply only, fitting and tuning I can arrange myself.

PM me if you like.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:11 PM   #46
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:

Thanks for taking the time out to answer my questions Chris.............appreciate it.

The Bug is there and I'm just saving up for renovations to the DOG HOUSE.............it will need to be a tad bigger than it is now because it will need to fit both myself and the car in it..........

I'll give you a hoy sometime to dicuss pricing to see if it is viable...............
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2008, 11:36 PM   #47
lukep

g,day chris,have you stuck one of these blowers on a 3v before and if so did it make enough power for what its worth,i did read that their wasnt enough of a market for you to produce them.im looking for other paths to go down to make more power as the engine rebuild from what we discussed would not be that good.Is the mouting bracket for the blower on xr8s the same as the 3v?(come to think of it i can make that if you got a drawing)if so i can make all the plumbing easy out of alu or s/s (what evers better)the one im not sure about is the sump pressure,ive heard that oil ****es out of the rocker covers somewhere,is this a hard problem to fix?Do these have their own oil supply or do you have to hook oil lines up?are the 3v bottom ends the same as the xr's?how much can you sell the mouting bracket and the kb blower and a longer belt for?sorry just realized something,does this s/c sit on top like a whipple or off to the side like a vortech?if it sits on top will it fit(apart from the bonnet)any info would be very helpful,thanks
lukep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2008, 11:57 PM   #48
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukep
g,day chris,have you stuck one of these blowers on a 3v before and if so did it make enough power for what its worth,i did read that their wasnt enough of a market for you to produce them.im looking for other paths to go down to make more power as the engine rebuild from what we discussed would not be that good.Is the mouting bracket for the blower on xr8s the same as the 3v?(come to think of it i can make that if you got a drawing)if so i can make all the plumbing easy out of alu or s/s (what evers better)the one im not sure about is the sump pressure,ive heard that oil ****es out of the rocker covers somewhere,is this a hard problem to fix?Do these have their own oil supply or do you have to hook oil lines up?are the 3v bottom ends the same as the xr's?how much can you sell the mouting bracket and the kb blower and a longer belt for?sorry just realized something,does this s/c sit on top like a whipple or off to the side like a vortech?if it sits on top will it fit(apart from the bonnet)any info would be very helpful,thanks
The KB unit is a top mount unit and the manifold (which is how it mounts) wont fit the 3v engine, a whole new manifold needs to be made and cast which isn't cheap and the reason why there isn't a 3v kit on the market.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:36 AM   #49
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:
Not to cut Chris's grass here....but,

Youre only realistic option is the 2005 F-150 3v Whipple kit.

About 5K USD

Daniel
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2008, 08:45 PM   #50
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

I'm available anytime for WA members to have a look at a KB setup. If your concerned about quality or fitting. Just PM me.

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2008, 09:57 PM   #51
JOSH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

if the sound of this doesn't convince you then you have problems
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRiAcLfdvXw
JOSH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2008, 11:43 PM   #52
GTP370
2005 BA II GTP

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Excellent breakdown of costs associated with importing a pre-89 car from the U.S.  Very helpful to others and at least two other guys will use the provided info to make their dreams reality.. 

Quote:
Hi Leigh, based on an earlier post by yourself re KCDR I actually rang them during this week. The boss was in the USA and the guy in charge told me that their upgrade CV joints (that you mentioned) really are not suitable for much more than 300 rwkw and it was from his comments that I made mention above about using universal joints of which he mentioned a particular part number. He seemed to be of the opinion that you are severely limited using CV's even though they are the only thing that will give you smooth transmission of power. Now Harrop Engineering have been working on this problem for some time re driveshafts for the Ford Falcon IRS and I feel it is prudent to wait for the engineering outcome of their R&D.
Cheers, Ian.
I am booked in with KCDR to supply and fit 1 set of chrome Moly CV shafts this week. I have been advised they can take up to 1000hp and you cannot feel any difference when driving compared to the factory parts.
GTP370 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2008, 12:51 AM   #53
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSH
if the sound of this doesn't convince you then you have problems
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRiAcLfdvXw
So that would sound the same as the BPT kit with a 2.9l Whipple W175 instead of the M122H Eaton.
Old 13-05-2008, 08:13 AM   #54
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6 XR6T
So that would sound the same as the BPT kit with a 2.9l Whipple W175 instead of the M122H Eaton.
No the whipples are much much quiter.
Old 13-05-2008, 05:28 PM   #55
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP370
I am booked in with KCDR to supply and fit 1 set of chrome Moly CV shafts this week. I have been advised they can take up to 1000hp and you cannot feel any difference when driving compared to the factory parts.
Not to mention the life time warrenty they come with also.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2008, 06:48 PM   #56
lukep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP370
if you dont mind me asking what diff do you have
Old 13-05-2008, 06:49 PM   #57
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
if you dont mind me asking what diff do you have
Sedan, KCDR import billet cv's with chromemoly axels in from the states. THe Name GTP370 is a give away lol
Old 13-05-2008, 08:37 PM   #58
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Some Vids of these Kits in action on our BA/BF's would be awesome, showed my girlfriend the Vids of the Kenne Bell GT500... and she likes... now ive just got to save for the Kit :P
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2008, 05:29 PM   #59
lukep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Sedan, KCDR import billet cv's with chromemoly axels in from the states. THe Name GTP370 is a give away lol
m86?the same as an xt?
Old 14-05-2008, 06:54 PM   #60
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
m86?the same as an xt?
Correct all XR6T/XR8 GT's & F6's run the M86 diff, i belive the N/A XR6 & XT's run a smaller diff (M7* ???).