Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 17-05-2006, 12:04 AM   #31
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Firstly everyone, sorry about the late reply's, but bear with me, i will get to everyone.

The 1/78 difilippo is not a trick - just smart engineering. Modern engine building theory tells us to use the smallest primary to do the job, build up airspeed and increase scavenging.

So why go the 1 7/8??

Modern theory does go out the window when you have a unique, somewhat hybrid engine in a very narrow engine bay. The airspeed lost by going to a larger pipe is more than made up for by the larger cross sectional area at the head flange. If we were talking hot rods, where you could run a pipe straight off the head a few inches before it turns, you would be more confident with the smaller primary. However, the BA is very limited in its space, and loves the 1 7/8 pipe.

We notice that we run faster down the quarter than our closest rival in ET and MPH, and we run a 4:1 and they i believe are using a try y.

Thats good enough for me.

Editing the cars will make improvements over each mod, so it is recommended that a competent tuner aid you in editing each and every step of the way, to maximise efficiency.
thanks . that explains a lot now i understand , its not just try y's versus 4:1s but the right size as well . cheers.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 12:13 AM   #32
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DABOSS
Put an Auto into craig, Then take the rear part of the exhuast off and drive it down melton Rd. :evilsasmo
Well mate i now have a new clutch and the exhaust is all gone from the headers back, it's a semi drag car this weekend.....
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 09:35 AM   #33
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig@ACE
Well mate i now have a new clutch and the exhaust is all gone from the headers back, it's a semi drag car this weekend.....

Nice.
Old 17-05-2006, 09:49 PM   #34
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noddy
What sizes can you get the mickey t in?
SOFT DRAG TIRE COMPOUND FOR SUPERIOR TRACTION ON THE DRAG STRIP

RADIAL CONSTRUCTION FOR EXCELLENT RIDE CONTROL ON THE STREET
D.O.T. APPROVED, STREET LEGAL
LOW VOID DIRECTIONAL TREAD PATTERN ELIMINATES FEATHERING
SPECIAL SIDEWALL CONSTRUCTION FOR QUICK LAUNCHES

P235/60R15

P275/50R15

P255/60R15

P275/60R15

P325/50R15

P295/65R15

P315/60R15

P255/50R16

P275/40R17

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 09:54 PM   #35
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig@ACE
I predict a new 3 valve record this weekend:dr_Evil:

Old 18-05-2006, 12:44 AM   #36
AUSGTI
Das Auto Bitches!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Jase, i would recommend using just standard "auto" mode, as when my car was in the same "trim" as yours, it seemed to work the best.

As for the launch, be wary of holding the ION 4 spd on "stall" for too long, as they rapidly build up temperature.

Tyres, well all different cars with different setups require differing remedies, but i remember kwinana to have a nice startline. I would agree and say persist with 28-32psi, see what works, maybe avoid excessive burnouts, maybe 1st, then 2nd until you see the "haze" (that is, haze, not cloud), then let the car roll forward with your foot nearly right off the gas until you feel the tyres bite with a little screech. Guys around here manage 60's in the 2.0's using this method.

Err on the side of more than less PSI, as a flatter tyre will take more HP to turn.
Thanks for that mate, i will give it ago next wednesday... I managed a 13.8 tonight still with a 2.2 60 foot still with 32psi. I am aware of the rapid temp increase from stalling, so yeah im trying to avoid it.. There will be a tranny cool fitted at the next service soon. Will let u know how i go!!

Cheers
Old 18-05-2006, 09:40 AM   #37
Chris
AFF.com.au

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2Xr8
Thanks for that mate, i will give it ago next wednesday... I managed a 13.8 tonight still with a 2.2 60 foot still with 32psi. I am aware of the rapid temp increase from stalling, so yeah im trying to avoid it.. There will be a tranny cool fitted at the next service soon. Will let u know how i go!!

Cheers
Good luck mate - next time we speak, i'll dig up some timeslips for my ride when it was in same config as yours, we'll compare notes.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2006, 07:29 PM   #38
XRQTOR
Banned

How do i get my car off the line without it breaking ??? Lol
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2006, 08:54 PM   #39
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
How do i get my car off the line without it breaking ??? Lol
As chris would say "PUT AN AUTO INTO IT" :lookedat:
Old 18-05-2006, 09:15 PM   #40
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DABOSS
As chris would say "PUT AN AUTO INTO IT" :lookedat:
Hahaha, iv'e got a 6 speed auto so if you can make it fit by all means put it in.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2006, 10:03 PM   #41
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
I predict a new 3 valve record this weekend:dr_Evil:
You got that right Ratter well done. What will it do at calder on friday night?

Cheers CC
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2006, 10:30 PM   #42
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The same setup you will get 12.65 to 12.72