Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2021, 08:22 PM   #11461
lumen8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

USA is similar, negative test or documentation of having recovered from COVID-19 gets you in.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...travelers.html
Old 12-06-2021, 08:31 PM   #11462
slowsnake
Banned

My neighbour is in Geelong at present and is coming home Sunday?
She has been visiting her sick sister, been gone 10 weeks and I was wondering if she is allowed to leave by plane to get back to Perth?
She is 70 years old and I think in good health!

Anyone in the forum know the flight rules, Melbourne to Perth, and does she need to quarantine on arrival back home in Perth!

Cheers Billy.
Old 12-06-2021, 08:46 PM   #11463
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

https://www.wa.gov.au/organisation/c...trolled-border
This user likes this post:
Old 12-06-2021, 08:48 PM   #11464
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
My neighbour is in Geelong at present and is coming home Sunday?
She has been visiting her sick sister, been gone 10 weeks and I was wondering if she is allowed to leave by plane to get back to Perth?
She is 70 years old and I think in good health!

Anyone in the forum know the flight rules, Melbourne to Perth, and does she need to quarantine on arrival back home in Perth!

Cheers Billy.

Yes...she needs to quarantine on arrival to WA.

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
Old 12-06-2021, 08:52 PM   #11465
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Having the vax doesn’t stop you getting it, and transmitting it though. So no, it won’t be their fault.

The chinese though. Good job making this curse

seems they had a bit of help from the yankee doodles too...

Old 12-06-2021, 08:55 PM   #11466
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
This is true, but only to a certain extent. Data is coming in that you are 40-60% less likely to transmit when infected after vaccination than without vaccine.

"In April, Public Health England reported the results of a large study of COVID-19 transmission involving more than 365,000 households with a mix of vaccinated and unvaccinated members.

It found immunisation with either the Pfizer or AstraZeneca vaccine reduced the chance of onward virus transmission by 40–60%."

https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/cli...cines-do-reduc
Ahhh...statistics...
Sure 50-60%as long as the target group is other vaccinated people.
Just as contagious to the un-vaccinated....

Old 13-06-2021, 12:04 AM   #11467
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Just heard on the radio that the fancy meeting overseas (G7??) has approved 100 day vaccination certification for future pandemics???

They mentioned the current one took 3xx days (as in, way too long).

100 days?? Geeze... what do they know that we don't??

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Old 13-06-2021, 01:06 AM   #11468
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71cop View Post
From tomorrow Woolies will introduce a seniors only shopping hour to help the elderly amid the panic buying of toilet paper and other goods across the country. From tomorrow onwards Australia's older population and those with disability will have exclusive access to the supermarkets from the hours of 7am to 8am. Only those with a relevant Government issued concession card will be able to enter the stores at this time, with stores then opened to the general public at 8am.
I take this shopping rule applies to Victoria only, or is it a national thing?
I do my food or grocery shop every 2nd Wednesday, so I got a week and a half, but that's cool, as long as everyone learns the rules be fair and buy just what you need, like me, shop every 2 weeks on pension day.

Its never going to end you know, they had over a year to sort this and haven't got a clue, but when you look in the wrong place for a cause then there will never be a cure, we just adapt as usual and become victims of life's circumstances, that's what we are trained to do, be put in our place, that's OK if you're a dummy, but I aint!

Cheers Billy.
Old 13-06-2021, 03:27 AM   #11469
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Noise View Post
I'm not getting the jab, but I couldn't give a stuff what others think and will gladly say that I won't be getting it. I don't wear a face nappy either. And just as a final trigger for the sheep, I travel everywhere.
The sheep being you, you just belong to a different flock champ....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
6 users like this post:
Old 13-06-2021, 05:52 AM   #11470
lumen8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is interesting, and I checked, they are real US senators.

https://rumble.com/vifrwz-12th-june-...nd-share..html
3 users like this post:
Old 13-06-2021, 08:54 AM   #11471
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Geez, the Opposition mob in Victoria aren't helping their cause. They should have the next election handed to them, if they kept their mouths shut. Certainly not the sharpest tools in the shed..........

https://www.news.com.au/national/pol...ca7b8aca9c3337
2 users like this post:
Old 13-06-2021, 09:37 AM   #11472
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Seasonal flu ‘nowhere to be seen' in Australia

Quote:
Experts who have spent decades studying the seasonal flu in Australia have never seen anything like it. A virus once detected tens of thousands of times year is almost nowhere to be seen.

The trend has had a strange impact on Professor Barr and his colleagues at the WHO Collaborating Centre for Reference and Research on Influenza in Melbourne.

Usually, the centre would have thousands of samples on hand to help them formulate the newest flu vaccine for the northern hemisphere in September (likewise, cases detected in the northern hemisphere are used to formulate the vaccines Australians are given).

But the few detections they are seeing now in Australia are either false positives, or they are from quarantine, mostly from Howard Springs.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austr...edgdhp&pc=U531

I got my flu shot on Friday and the nurse said it was the same formula as last year - not enough samples gathered to determine what the strain is in the Northern Hemisphere is this year.
Old 13-06-2021, 10:25 AM   #11473
HIPO
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumen8 View Post
This is interesting, and I checked, they are real US senators.

https://rumble.com/vifrwz-12th-june-...nd-share..html
time for the mass's to wake up!... well known to those who dont rely on MSM.... lots of peeps in for a rude shock, starting very soon......

tip of the iceberg!
2 users like this post:
Old 13-06-2021, 10:36 AM   #11474
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

But it was just the flu though? And one day it was supposed to all just go away.

So whats the story these days? They created a virus, let it loose in their own backyard, made a bunch of Americans very rich, was last to come up with a vaccine themselves, and with efficacy that can't rival their foes?

If it does turn out to be some mega conspiracy, then all the heavy weights would have been in on it. And don't forget bat lady was training right here.

I'm ready to be woke, just show me evidence
Old 13-06-2021, 10:42 AM   #11475
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
I got my flu shot on Friday and the nurse said it was the same formula as last year - not enough samples gathered to determine what the strain is in the Northern Hemisphere is this year.

Why don’t they just re-issue the certificate and save the medical waste?
Old 13-06-2021, 10:46 AM   #11476
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Seasonal flu ‘nowhere to be seen' in Australia

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austr...edgdhp&pc=U531

Sage scientist says face masks should continue 'forever' - are face masks here to stay?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/14...st-june-21-evg

Professor Michie told Channel 5: “That is the behaviour of social distancing, of when you're indoors, making sure there's good ventilation or if it's not, wearing face masks, of hands and surface hygiene.

“We will need to keep this going in the long term and that will be good not only for Covid, but also to reduce other diseases”.

Asked in follow-up questions about how long she thought the measures should continue, she said: “I think forever, to some extent.”

Old 13-06-2021, 10:52 AM   #11477
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
I take this shopping rule applies to Victoria only, or is it a national thing?
I do my food or grocery shop every 2nd Wednesday, so I got a week and a half, but that's cool, as long as everyone learns the rules be fair and buy just what you need, like me, shop every 2 weeks on pension day.
Not keeping up are you?

That post is over a year old!
Old 13-06-2021, 11:36 AM   #11478
lumen8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Sage scientist says face masks should continue 'forever' - are face masks here to stay?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/14...st-june-21-evg

Professor Michie told Channel 5: “That is the behaviour of social distancing, of when you're indoors, making sure there's good ventilation or if it's not, wearing face masks, of hands and surface hygiene.

“We will need to keep this going in the long term and that will be good not only for Covid, but also to reduce other diseases”.

Asked in follow-up questions about how long she thought the measures should continue, she said: “I think forever, to some extent.”

"Michie is a member of the Communist Party of Britain and has spoken on its behalf.

She was previously a member of the Communist Party of Great Britain, reportedly since university."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Michie

That explains it.
2 users like this post:
Old 13-06-2021, 11:43 AM   #11479
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT June 12th, 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

6 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 3.010%.

No cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.962% and active cases 29.

The UK had a lower 7,550 cases yesterday and 12 deaths.

16,128 new cases in the USA yesterday and 421 deaths sees CMR at 1.792%.

Other notable points: (weekend reporting)
Global deaths pass 3.8M, the last 50k in 5 days;
Peru passes 2M cases;

Uganda (1,735);
Mongolia (1,792); and
Zambia (2,358)

... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Honduras moves above the 90th percentile for their 10 day average and India drops below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 13-06-2021, 11:48 AM   #11480
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIPO View Post
time for the mass's to wake up!... well known to those who dont rely on MSM.... lots of peeps in for a rude shock, starting very soon......

tip of the iceberg!
You don't help your own credibility much.

The plural of mass is masses.
Peeps is slang.
Don't has an apostrophe.
Tin foil hats will never be anything more than tin foil hats.

One more comment along those lines and I'll remove you from this area of the forum.

How's that for a conspiracy?

Observatio Facta Rotae

5 users like this post:
Old 13-06-2021, 01:31 PM   #11481
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

I've said before that we (Australia) have a terrible CMR for a supposed first world country but that was simply a result of the pandemic getting into the aged care sector where the bulk of our 910 deaths came from.

To look at that another way:

We'd need an extra ~12,000 cases (39%) and no more deaths to just reach the global average CMR of 2.167%.

We'd need an extra ~60,000 cases (triple the current number) and no more deaths to reach where we probably should be at a CMR of 1.0%.

We'd need an extra ~64,000 cases and no more deaths to equal the NZ CMR of 0.962%.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 13-06-2021, 03:12 PM   #11482
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Not keeping up are you?

That post is over a year old!
Then whoever is running this site wants to stop playing silly buggers?
And why?..why do that??

Cheers Billy.
Old 13-06-2021, 03:16 PM   #11483
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Then whoever is running this site wants to stop playing silly buggers?
And why?..why do that??

Cheers Billy.
What "silly buggers" are you referring to"

And why do what?
Old 13-06-2021, 03:20 PM   #11484
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumen8 View Post
"Michie is a member of the Communist Party of Britain and has spoken on its behalf.

She was previously a member of the Communist Party of Great Britain, reportedly since university."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Michie

That explains it.
She is also an advisor to the British Gov through the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (SAGE). Seems like they are open to all types.

Speaking of masks, I have noticed a markedly drop in outdoor mask compliance this time around in Melb. After previous easing of restrictions, you would see ~80% compliance, however its looking more like 30% at the moment. Masking is still donned in crowded outdoor areas, like when waiting outside at cafes. Whats also interesting is that there is police presence, but they aren't disturbing anyone. It does feel like a more sensible approach from all involved.
Old 13-06-2021, 03:39 PM   #11485
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
What "silly buggers" are you referring to"

And why do what?
you tell me?
How can I be posting on the current page then quote from page 383, or the first page of this covid thread?
Makes no sense to me, I was quoting from the current page, now either it was removed by a member, because I can't see how or why I was on one page then on the 4th post of this whole thread? Don't make sense to me!

Cheers Billy.
Old 13-06-2021, 03:50 PM   #11486
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
you tell me?
How can I be posting on the current page then quote from page 383, or the first page of this covid thread?
Makes no sense to me, I was quoting from the current page, now either it was removed by a member, because I can't see how or why I was on one page then on the 4th post of this whole thread? Don't make sense to me!

Cheers Billy.
Perhaps you logged onto the first page of this thread by mistake and neglected to see the date it was posted.
Old 13-06-2021, 04:04 PM   #11487
slowsnake
Banned

surely you know as a mod what pages I visit?.

Cheers Billy.
2 users like this post:
Old 13-06-2021, 06:19 PM   #11488
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Cheers Billy.
Sorry to disappoint another conspiracy theorist but we don't log what pages you actually visit although that data is stored in the database so that it knows what you've read as long as you have cookies enabled.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 13-06-2021, 07:38 PM   #11489
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
Sorry to disappoint another conspiracy theorist but we don't log what pages you actually visit...
But of course you would say that wouldn't you...

7 users like this post:
Old 13-06-2021, 09:04 PM   #11490
nstg8a

Default Covid 19 -

Quote:

Cheers Billy.

Who is billy? And why do you keep saying “cheers” to him/her?
Closed Thread