Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 25-03-2018, 08:05 PM   #1
zlcrazy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default IPod or USB

Hi all,

Whats the best way to play music in a brand new car? Ipod or USB flashdrive?

Ordered a brand new X-TRAIL ST-L last week an while it has a CD player but i also want get with the times. I have an S7 that I'll be Bluetooth streaming music also.

So what do others here do?

TIA

[B]2000 AU2 Fairmont Wagon - Congo Green
Factory Smart Bullbar, Hayman Reese Heavy Duty 2300kg Towpack and Front and Rear Mudflaps.
zlcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2018, 08:10 PM   #2
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: IPod or USB

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlcrazy View Post
Hi all,

Whats the best way to play music in a brand new car? Ipod or USB flashdrive?

Ordered a brand new X-TRAIL ST-L last week an while it has a CD player but i also want get with the times. I have an S7 that I'll be Bluetooth streaming music also.

So what do others here do?

TIA
Just stick with the phone. All of your services all on the one device, able to be controlled directly off the steering wheel, and no plugging anything in for it to work.

That's what I do....

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-03-2018, 09:17 PM   #3
zlcrazy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What do you use for music on your phone?

[B]2000 AU2 Fairmont Wagon - Congo Green
Factory Smart Bullbar, Hayman Reese Heavy Duty 2300kg Towpack and Front and Rear Mudflaps.
zlcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2018, 11:37 PM   #4
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anything with direct bluetooth streaming (or the 2 variants of "auto/play") wins hands down for convenience. The music pauses when you leave the car, and comes back on when you start it again. Seamless, and most integrate it into the screen display, so you can select the tracks by name on the screen, and usually also via the steering wheel controls.

Only catch is you need to load up your phone with all the music you want. But this is so easy with the S7 (I have one, as well as an iPhone).
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2018, 10:23 AM   #5
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlcrazy View Post
What do you use for music on your phone?
I have a 60GB micro SD card that stores just my music. I converted my entire CD collection to mp3 and loaded it onto the SD card. I then download mp3s from the net onto it. Of the 60GB, I have used 50GB so far. Enough music to last me quite a while!

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-03-2018, 12:56 PM   #6
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobimbo View Post
Just stick with the phone. All of your services all on the one device, able to be controlled directly off the steering wheel, and no plugging anything in for it to work.

That's what I do....
I used to use a USB but i also wanted to be able to play Spotify so I bought an iPod which is plugged into the cable in the console and my phone connects via bluetooth.

The only thing about having my phone plugged into the cable in the console is that you get all your text, email, facebook notification sounds through the speakers while the music is playing, when connected via bluetooth they don't come through. That's with the iPhone by the way.