Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-02-2007, 09:04 PM   #331
ajay :)
Starter Motor

hey all

my name is ashleigh, im 17 and im living in forrestfield atm.... hmmm my ride well its a ford telstar (1989 model)

i am thinking of selling it hough and buying myslef a el falcon of soem sort and i have big plans for that car hopefully just have to wait and see i guess

the forum looks great and hopefully in the nnear future i will be asking a few of you for a little bit of help and advice

cheers

ashleigh ;)
ajay :) is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2007, 10:38 PM   #332
Anzac88
2006 XLS Escape

G'day all, newbie here Just bought a 2006 XLS Escape and love it. Hope to post more as time goes by.
Anzac88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 10:23 AM   #333
red_hotxr6
Banned

got to love those cosworths, bet it goes too, any way welcome to the site.
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2007, 02:23 PM   #334
racingdriver
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Hi Everyone

Just thought I would say hi
have been lurking since last April, sign up yesterday

Tony :
racingdriver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2007, 12:21 PM   #335
Jadey_Baby

Hello All!!

Future inheritor of..

XA Fairmont Coupe. 302, t-bar, Wild Plum, white trim, Retro 70's Continental vinyl roof.
ZG Fairlane. Factory "K" code, column auto, Mulberry metallic, parchment trim.
T1 TE50 No. 062, Sparkling burgundy, Auto ESS, premium brakes, bi-plane spoiler.
T2 TE50 No. 027, Silhouette, Auto ESS, red leather inserts, premium sound.
T3 TE50 No. 086, Blueprint, auto, blue leather inserts, premium sound, TS50 rims.
T1 TL50 No. 036, Sparkling burgundy, sunroof.
Jadey_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2007, 06:58 PM   #336
RinmaxRacing
Starter Motor

Hi all My name is Mark and have been playing with Cortina's for many years.

At the moment I'm attempting to put a Pinto motor into a 65 Cortina. I've had other Cortys from Mk1's to TE's

I also play around with Toyota's a fair bit, but I'll try to stay Ford while I'm here.
RinmaxRacing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2007, 08:40 PM   #337
Cruise

Hey names Luke been a member of a few other forums and have finally signed up here today!!
Cruise is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2007, 09:56 PM   #338
302XLS

hello people. been on this site for a couple of days now just browsing through all the different topics. well i drive an au 302 xls ute, custom cold air induction, hm extractors, 2 1/2 inch cat back with dual chrome tips. lowered 3 inches, 19 inch MAK 5 star wheels 245/35/19 falken tyres, billet short shift kit sitting in garage - still needs instal, . 3 kenwood db 12 inch subs and 2 4way pioneer 6X9's in cabin, 2 - 6 inch and 2 tweets in the doors running about 1200 watts rms with a pioneer head unit. was told today currently has 147.5 rwkw before my custom intake manifold with dual throttle bodies goes on, which is happenning today/tomorrow. will be doing another dyno afterwards. Hopefully will soon be vortech supercharged.
302XLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2007, 11:42 PM   #339
xertia

Talking G'Day!

Hmm, didn't see this thread when I first signed up, but I'll say hi now! I'm Luke, I own a Sparkling Burgundy 98' AU1 with Tickford bodykit, alloys, suspension etc. and my girlfriend Alanna also has a 98' AU1 in Oxford Green with some weird bodykit, anyone know what this kit is even called?...

L8r!
xertia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2007, 01:44 PM   #340
SHYXR5
Starter Motor

Thumbs up

HI All,

My Name is Jodie and I own a Electric Orange XR5 Turbo, I had a chat to a few guys at the FPV day in Melbourne a few weeks back so I thought its time i jumped on and joined the crew !!

Awesome Forum btw !!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0010.JPG (14.7 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0030.JPG (13.7 KB, 60 views)
SHYXR5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2007, 08:26 AM   #341
red_hotxr6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHYXR5
HI All,

My Name is Jodie and I own a Electric Orange XR5 Turbo, I had a chat to a few guys at the FPV day in Melbourne a few weeks back so I thought its time i jumped on and joined the crew !!

Awesome Forum btw !!
Woohoo, another Jodie, good too cya..
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2007, 03:05 AM   #342
vintman
Starter Motor

hi all my name is trent
just bought myself a 94 ef fairmont 6 cyl
got a set of 18inch chromies on it dark tint and a pod filter
am looking at putting a exhaust but don't really know what to do as i have always owned turbo 4 cyl.
was thinking pacemaker competion headers hi flow cat and 2 1/2 system i don't want it to be too tinny
vintman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 06:12 PM   #343
whitton
Starter Motor

oh crap.. i didnt see this.....
i did my 'intro' in the post a pic of yourself topic... hrmmm
sorry
whitton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2007, 12:45 AM   #344
michae1
Starter Motor

Hi all, My name is Michael, I'm based out of Ipswich just west of Brissy, I own a white 98 4sp Auto EF Futura, I bought it about 6 months ago as it was a perfect compromise between family car and a capable tow car.

Anywho, I joined up today to do some more research into transmission coolers, tow hitches, suspension upgrades etc. (only been signed up for about 30 mins and already found some good info )

As the car will be used regularly to tow my project car around weighing in at around 2000kg including trailer, including a couple of trips from Brissy to NSW (Wagga and another to Sydney) later in the year.

Have already used it a few times, off the 1600kg tow bar and in factory trim it does a great job, but I want to make sure we minimise the risks of things going bad, especially for the longer trips.

cheers, Michael
michae1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2007, 02:05 AM   #345
neoppg
Octane F6 Typhoon

Smile My New Ride!

Hi all, new to the site..... just traded my 03 XR6 ute for an
Octane F6 Typhoon.............. It's only been 3 days, man i love this car!!!
neoppg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2007, 01:56 PM   #346
LilSammy
Starter Motor

Hi my name is sammy, and ive been on this site for a while but havnt been bothered to introduce myself. I gots a 94 ef series 1 fairmont ghia that i picked up bout a month or 2 ago. I also still got my old telstar that i bought as my first car two years ago.

Cheers
LilSammy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2007, 11:39 PM   #347
msxr8
girls love fast cars....

Hi all, as you probably guessed, i'm new to this very impressive part of the world.
I have been sent by my mechanic husband who is no doubt sick of answering all my girlie questions...
We have just upgraded my 03 mazda sp20 to a REAL car... an 04 BA XR8.
She is a merc silver 5 spd manual with leather interior, prem sound, 18's, upgraded brakes, and some other stuff I cant remember right now.....
All the bits are factory, so she's fairly standard, but I am very quickly compiling a very long wishlist....... A gas conversion, nice sounding exhaust (quad system of course!), tow pack, and maybe a dvd system to start. And the little pretty stuff like stripe kits, bonnet decals, scuff plates, cargo net, mats, seat covers etc...
Actually seat covers are the priority, got little kids and I want to protect the leather asap.
Does anyone know anything about the XR waterproof seat covers sold by ford, or anything similar?? Any other recommendations, cos hubby's looking at sheepskin ones...... Help!

Have a good one.
msxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2007, 12:23 AM   #348
RapidBF
Rapid BF XR8 Ute

Heya Guys,

My name's Jane. I live in Far East Gippsland - Victoria, bout halfway between Melbourne and Canberra. August last year I purchased a BF XR8 Ute in Rapid, 6-speed Manual, has the hardtop/sportsbar combo. Since work sucks at the moment and I want out the only mods to date have been cosmetic... tinted the windows, black stripe kit & bonnet decals.. Plenty more planned in the not too distant future though
Anyhoo, think thats bout all at the moment. Oh, and I had to get personalised plates too! I very quickly got sick of people thinking that it's my boyfriends ute! If I had a boyfriend I dont think I would mind so much, but since I dont I object...

Cheers, Jane
RapidBF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2007, 10:06 AM   #349
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

G'day guys,
as posted in the for sale section, i am looking for an xr6, was pointed in the direction of these forums, looks like there is a lot of good gear on here! so i'm sure i'll end up procrastinating most of my day away here!!!
Old 22-03-2007, 03:13 PM   #350
Gazzzaa

Default Hi all

Hi all

My first post on this site although I have been reading for the past few weeks. The amount of useful information on here is amazing and I intend to put a lot of it to good use in the next few weeks.

Just got the OK from the bank and we (me & the Good Lady Wife) have ordered a Territory and a Fiesta. Because I battle my way through peak hour traffic for 2 hours each weekday I will mostly drive the Fez and the GLW and myself will share the Terri on weekends and trips.

We have hired a Terri on a couple of occasions and have been very impressed, so are really looking forward to having one of our own (with a bit of help from the bank). Looks like we will get a very good deal from Knox Ford in Ferntree Gully, but you's have to expect something good when you go in and order 2 Fordies at once!!!

I will use all the hints and ideas from the site for pre-delivery etc and will you let you all know how the adventure is going.

Cheers....Gaz
Gazzzaa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2007, 03:37 PM   #351
Resofour
Starter Motor

hi guys reso here - looking forward to enjying my new ford home
Old 26-03-2007, 09:46 PM   #352
Jayse
:o

Hey Hey, never knew this thread was here.. I should really post something in here.

My name is Jayse, i've been visiting these forums for quite a while, they have been great to use as a knowledge base, and also a place for me to get jelous at others sweet rides

I own an ED Falcon GLi, i've had it for about 10 years now and its been a great car. Only major work i've done other than servicing is a fuel pump, gas converter and brake rotors. Upgrades include Pod Filter, 2 1/2" cat back exhaust, and 17" CSA Gladiators.

Cheers,
Jayse
Jayse is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2007, 08:57 PM   #353
SpeedBandit
Starter Motor

Hi all,
Just bought my 2nd ever Tickford, a Narooma Blue AU3 XR8. 220kw (claimed), handles like its on rails, and 600k's to a tank on a run. Leather interior adds a bit of class, other than that she's a stocker.
Gonna keep this one! Last of the Tickfords, may become a bit of a collectors item in years to come, well I'd like to think so!
My first run in the XR after I picked it up Wednesday was the very next day from Ashfield up the Great Western Hwy to Bathurst. Did some laps of Mount Panorama then back to Sydney via Bells Line of Road. What a great way to get aquainted with my new baby.
Also have a Suzuki Bandit 1200 for wheelies and leaning over in corners when I get the urge heheheh
You'll generally find me hunting on the Old Pacific Hwy north of Sydney. Taking the XR up there to the Road Warriors Cafe tomorrow, show a few of my two wheeled mates that sometimes, just sometimes, 4 wheels can be as much fun as 2!
SpeedBandit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2007, 01:40 AM   #354
xygoonman
the silver goooon

Hey Guys And Gals Name Is Todd From The Sunshine State
Got A Rapid Turbo Ute Gt Strpes..18 In Fx Black Wheels And All The Usual Goodies..will Get A Pic On Soon As Soon As I Buy A Digital Camera Lol.
xygoonman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2007, 05:46 PM   #355
bobkatz
Starter Motor

hey guys, been viewing this forum for a while, just through i would acturly join up and have a liitle input! great site ill be posting in a thread near you.
bobkatz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2007, 06:59 PM   #356
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Default say hi to the dark side

hi people just like reading your post's
hopfully add some value to your site
and may clear some misconseption's
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2007, 07:00 PM   #357
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz
and may clear some misconseption's
think you might have just added another one?!
Old 11-04-2007, 07:03 PM   #358
Barry_v
rocknrolla

ill see you on the dark side of the moon.
Barry_v is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2007, 07:07 PM   #359
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
think you might have just added another one?!
reference to to holden
pls elaborate "to another one"
yes im a holden fan??? boo
but not here to judje
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2007, 07:09 PM   #360
Scott

That Holden drivers can't spell.

either....
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post