Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-07-2012, 02:07 PM   #241
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Default Re: air conditioner gas to go up 220% june 30th ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS50
What has happeneded is that the Govt has added a "enviromental Levy" to refrigeratant, due to the carbon tax. It must be noted it is a "LEVY"
Which according to the Oxford Dictionary is a Tax, but admittedly 'levy' sounds better than 'tax'for the Gov spin doctors.

Quote:
Now as its a levy, and not a tax, and its a total price, by law, GST has to be charged.
And in the Syd Morning Herald .......
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news...713-21zn1.html

Air-conditioning firms, data contractors and waste firms have begun applying the GST on top of the carbon tax, News Ltd reports.

NSW electricity companies also confirmed the 10 per cent GST would be applied to power bills after the carbon tax had been added.

The government says laws have been specifically amended to ensure that no GST is payable on the $23-a-tonne carbon tax applied to about 300 of the nation's largest carbon emitters.

"The carbon price does not change how the GST operates," Climate Change Minister Greg Combet and Assistant Treasurer David Bradbury said in a joint statement on Friday.

"The GST does not apply to the carbon price, it applies to the supply of goods and services."
Old 28-07-2012, 02:08 PM   #242
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
no mate, that is for australia only
A woolworths or a coles supermarket would have about 1500 kg of refirgerant in them
People would be amazed at how much refrigerant is used in the community
I mean look at it .6 of a kg in your car A/C
1.5kg in your house A/C
.2 of a kg in your house fridge
10kg in a small corner store
1500kg in a full size supermarket
The use of refrigerant is fairly widespread
Well... ummm what can I say?? Wowsers....

How many trees will that buy?

I was speaking to someone involved in looking after utilities for Woolies across all of here and NZ and they have to factor in a $70mil + increase just for power. Actually mentioned it earlier in this thread I think....

If your figure is correct... where is all that money going? Not a bit of loose change thats for sure.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2012, 02:11 PM   #243
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Dont they do the same with petrol here in NSW???

Oh, hang on... thats an excise....

And what is the definition of an excise.....

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2012, 04:45 PM   #244
TS50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Because its a levy, and its not shown as a seperate item, it is included in the price of the "goods" so GST is applicable
Mr Combet can say what he likes, but his govt set the rules
As I said, they have been clever in this regard not calling it a tax, but a levy that must be included in the total cost of the goods, and not shown seperately, that there is no chance to seperate the portion of the levy, so therefore GST on the total amount. This is all just so unjust, and its the everyday person who is going to pay, and govt can say, hey its nothing to do with the carbon tax
I say bullocks
This govt has to go