Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 10:42 PM   #31
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Yeh id love a white caprice stock, with lowering!!

Think ill be getting one of these babies next time!!
Old 12-08-2007, 10:45 PM   #32
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekism
You should give us a regular update on how it goes:

I have heard the MRC has had a few problems and put it on the dyno to see what it puts out.

I'd imagine FPV is having a bit of trouble at the moment moving stock (except GT40).

Just hope you dont reget it when Orion comes out or when series 2 VE comes out with 325kw 6.3L LS3
Fpv's are still selling really well.. Its hard to get some stock atm specially in F6's
Old 12-08-2007, 10:46 PM   #33
Walt Kowalski
I use brain. Not hip.

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by nversace
haha ... that is sh!t hot ... :F ...

haha what do u do for an occupation, if u don't mind me asking?
I do not know about BLOHSV but I am unemployed capitalist. (self funded retiree) AND I LOVE MY XR6T UTE
Old 12-08-2007, 10:46 PM   #34
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSTerritoryGhia
Fpv's are still selling really well.. Its hard to get some stock atm specially in F6's
their being sold faster than thier being made
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 12-08-2007, 10:56 PM   #35
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

The GTS is a great looking car.......congratulations.

I too laboured over this decision many months ago BFGT or VER8.........
Both are great cars and it really comes down to Brand bias IMHO.
R8 has awesome brake package as standard........FPV should learn from this for ORION.......

The R8 that I test drove was let down buy a recalcitrant 6 speed auto.......it really shouldn't be on any HSV vehicle.........they could do much better. I thought it was a one off, but our service manager at work has had his R8 for quite a while now and is also very disappointed with the box. The rest is good, but the box gets very confused and retards the potential performance of the car. Apparently HSV have flashed it twice for him already to no avail.....
Old 12-08-2007, 11:01 PM   #36
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP

R8 has awesome brake package as standard........FPV should learn from this for ORION.......

The R8 that I test drove was let down buy a recalcitrant 6 speed auto.......it really shouldn't be on any HSV vehicle.........they could do much better. I thought it was a one off, but our service manager at work has had his R8 for quite a while now and is also very disappointed with the box. The rest is good, but the box gets very confused and retards the potential performance of the car. Apparently HSV have flashed it twice for him already to no avail.....
We have a VE Calais V8 witht he 6 speed auto and its not as good as the ZF, but i can definately live with it as the rest of the package is brillant... Only reason I bought a Ford was coz i needed ute and the VE utes werent out.. It will be a tough call next time as I am over the FBT free incentives of owning a ute, i need 5 seats and will be getting a sedan. Ill wait for Orion, drive a few different models then make my decision...
Old 12-08-2007, 11:15 PM   #37
BionicGT
Living in GT Nirvana

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
I agree. My other vehicle is a WM Caprice and the 6 sp auto is a joke. Thumps into gears, gets confused in sports mode. I've asked for it to be reflashed as well as I couldn't believe it could be that bad. Reflashing made no difference. Service Manager took it for a drive and said it was OK. I told him he needed to try a Ford ZF to see what a 6 sp auto should be like.

The Holdens have a great V8 engine but are let down by the 6 sp autos [and the hard, noisy ride]. A recent review of the HSVs in a local paper said the same thing.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:46 PM   #38
bob 351
MIGHTY MAGPIES 2010

Location: yarram se vic in the shed listening to pinkfloyd and rubbing panels

well all i can say is sucked in : : : : : :
Old 12-08-2007, 11:49 PM   #39
metalmania

You guys are all pathetic. You are either Ford or Holden, not both. You don't change football teams whenever it suits you. I doubt you will get Holden People bragging about buying a Ford. FORD ALL THE WAY.... WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO LOYALTY.. DOES NOT EXIST ANYMORE by the looks of it
Old 12-08-2007, 11:51 PM   #40
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Unfortunately i've had a few of my GT customers step down to a VE also, having said that they go hard and handle quite nice indeed. The GTS/Clubsport are tough but we have done a couple of exhaust/cam packages on some SS's and they are just amazing.

looking forward to the new model from Ford...
Old 12-08-2007, 11:54 PM   #41
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmania
You guys are all pathetic. You are either Ford or Holden, not both. You don't change football teams whenever it suits you. I doubt you will get Holden People bragging about buying a Ford. FORD ALL THE WAY.... WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO LOYALTY.. DOES NOT EXIST ANYMORE by the looks of it
no, you see, thats the difference between ford and holden people ... we can admit when it's a good car ... holden people don't care, as long as it has a commo badge they will love it ... we're just more sofisticated!
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 13-08-2007, 12:00 AM   #42
BLOHSV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekism
You should give us a regular update on how it goes:

I have heard the MRC has had a few problems and put it on the dyno to see what it puts out.

I'd imagine FPV is having a bit of trouble at the moment moving stock (except GT40).

Just hope you dont reget it when Orion comes out or when series 2 VE comes out with 325kw 6.3L LS3
Certainly will let you guys know how it goes and if the orion is a better car or the next gts gets a 7.0 litre i will be updating without a doubt
Old 13-08-2007, 12:13 AM   #43
metalmania

You are right there, we are more sophisticated, but i would not give them the time of day or satisfaction. There is no doubt that Holden make good cars to, but if a Ford guy goes out and buys a Holden, Then i am afraid you can kiss Ford goodbye from Australia. As you all know they are struggling to keep up in sales with Holden let alone have their own turn on them.
Old 13-08-2007, 12:28 AM   #44
RIPGMH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I've got to agree, if your on a forum its because you have a passion for the subject at hand, I would hope more than a passing interest. These people that switch between camps are the automotive equivalent of a bi-sexual, I'm not suggesting one buys a bad car over a good one but you really should consider if your blood runs blue or you enjoy the company of men.
Old 13-08-2007, 12:33 AM   #45
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Looks alright for a Holden. The VE is growing on me. There is a Black one getting around my way minus rear spoiler and is lowered, looks the goods!
Old 13-08-2007, 12:38 AM   #46
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
You are right there, we are more sophisticated, but i would not give them the time of day or satisfaction. There is no doubt that Holden make good cars to, but if a Ford guy goes out and buys a Holden, Then i am afraid you can kiss Ford goodbye from Australia. As you all know they are struggling to keep up in sales with Holden let alone have their own turn on them.
omg, now i see the light ...

TRAITOR ... buying a Holden, thats like leaving ur mum/home, to have a fling with some bogan chick ... in the end, u'll just end up comming back!!
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 13-08-2007, 12:42 AM   #47
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
The car market is like an election to me, you have some that will always vote for one camp, and others that vote for another camp. But then you get your swinging voters. It is these people in my opinion that keep the car companies competing. If Holden has gained a customer with the VE then Ford needs to work hard to get them back. There is nothing wrong with this.
Old 13-08-2007, 12:47 AM   #48
rodderz

Quote:
Most people have a favourite but it comes down to what they like at the time, what is available and how the finances are. There are some Holden guys on the holden forum who have bought Ford's, and been happy to tell the others about it, yet they still are Holden fans. Just as here it is vise versa.

We all have choice, while we have our favourites it shouldn't mean that we can't appreciate another car for how it looks or goes.
Old 13-08-2007, 01:07 AM   #49
BLOHSV

Quote:
at the end of the day when you spend that amount of money you buy the better car which i believe the ve gts is at this point.so if ford built a s***t box you will go and buy it, to me that is pathetic.just because i purchased a ve gts dosent mean i am not loyal.I still love my fords.
Old 13-08-2007, 01:09 AM   #50
BLOHSV

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
Most people have a favourite but it comes down to what they like at the time, what is available and how the finances are. There are some Holden guys on the holden forum who have bought Ford's, and been happy to tell the others about it, yet they still are Holden fans. Just as here it is vise versa.

We all have choice, while we have our favourites it shouldn't mean that we can't appreciate another car for how it looks or goes.
your right on the money.good point
Old 13-08-2007, 01:15 AM   #51
BLOHSV

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz

spot on mate.unfortantely the gts is a better car at the time and i hope the tables will turn when this new comes out.good thread
Old 13-08-2007, 01:15 AM   #52
Danny
GT4.

Mate Traitor or not, That is ABSOLUTELY fair enough.

The BF is a generation behind and the BOSS 290 is rubbish. Still doesnt change the fact the the current GTP is ABSOULUTELY GORGEOUS though!.

Least you'll be beating most cars on the road in your silver Drath Vader styled GTS!!

Congrats
Old 13-08-2007, 01:19 AM   #53
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

If I had to have a V8 then it would be a manual SS for me for sure. I am not really into modding new cars at this stage, that's what old cars are for, and the Ford V8 as standard is pretty woeful in my book, but at least they sound nice I guess.
Old 13-08-2007, 01:19 AM   #54
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOHSV
at the end of the day when you spend that amount of money you buy the better car which i believe the ve gts is at this point.so if ford built a s***t box you will go and buy it, to me that is pathetic.just because i purchased a ve gts dosent mean i am not loyal.I still love my fords.
lolz it's ok, we still accept you :

nahh if i was in you're position, and i test drove both car's, and it was the HSV that did it to me, in performance, comfort, and extra's, then i probably would have bought the HSV aswell ... it is hot!! ... chuck some chromies on there ;) ... it will look FULLY SICK
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 13-08-2007, 01:22 AM   #55
BLOHSV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP

your right about the 6 speed auto not being the best.that was the only thing the gtp had over the gts and i wasnt prepared to buy a vehicle for its box.the zf box is more intelligent and has seamless shifts where the gts box feels more rough but isnt as bad as you stated.
Old 13-08-2007, 01:24 AM   #56
BLOHSV

Quote:
lolz it's ok, we still accept you :

nahh if i was in you're position, and i test drove both car's, and it was the HSV that did it to me, in performance, comfort, and extra's, then i probably would have bought the HSV aswell ... it is hot!! ... chuck some chromies on there ;) ... it will look FULLY SICK
thanks for understanding.looking at getting some chrome 22''s but cant decide what to get.
Old 13-08-2007, 01:24 AM   #57
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
your right about the 6 speed auto not being the best.that was the only thing the gtp had over the gts and i wasnt prepared to buy a vehicle for its box.the zf box is more intelligent and has seamless shifts where the gts box feels more rough but isnt as bad as you stated.
may i ask, seeing as i don't know about the new GTS ... what did it for you over the GTP?? like, what thing's were better on the HSV?
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 13-08-2007, 01:27 AM   #58
fairmontxacoupe
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHATXR8
I hope you have, or are getting, a wardrobe full of HRT clothing so you can wear it down to the mall with all of the other Holden bogans!!!!
spot on with the bogans!!! plus hope u have some moccos to suit up with
Old 13-08-2007, 01:27 AM   #59
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
thanks for understanding.looking at getting some chrome 22''s but cant decide what to get.
nahh it's ok, i was a holden boy at one stage ... until i got my L's and got behind the wheel of my dad's ute ... then i changed forces lolz ...

haha, there are many nice rims to go onto the HSV, i have some pic's of some that were done at wheelworx ... they did 20'z but 22'z would look SICK .... haha and join the 20inch+ club ;)

EDIT:

hahaha YESS ... i was the last comment on FF.com for the 12th of August 2007 ... i can now die peacefully, just like my friends grandfather did ... not kicking and screaming like his passanger was!
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia

Last edited by nversace; 13-08-2007 at 01:33 AM.
Old 13-08-2007, 01:32 AM   #60
BLOHSV

Quote:
may i ask, seeing as i don't know about the new GTS ... what did it for you over the GTP?? like, what thing's were better on the HSV?
for starters the power was one thing,the interior was another.when i jumped in the gtp it felt like i was getting into my xr8 only with better seats and a few silver trimmings.better safety with esp and 6 airbags.20'' wheels and the magnetic ride suspension where you can change the suspension settings at the touch of a button.other little features in the car that the bf didnt have.
Closed Thread