Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 01:17 AM   #61
King Nothing
He has, the Knack..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unco
in a queue at a supermarket, the moron pushing in doesn't have a 1.8 ton weapon.
I don't know, ever been hit in the shin by one of those things at full speed? Bloody hurts!

Workhorse, stock as a rock

2004 BA MKI Futura - Now the wife's

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL all round, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's, Scuff Plates, MP3 Connector

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

Now with baby seat and toys

175.6 rwkw

www.bseries.com.au/King_Nothing
Old 05-06-2007, 02:25 AM   #62
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I note your experiences were on Melbourne roads. I had the misfortune of driving around the SE suburbs last weekend. Bunch of morons down there. They're worse than Sydney drivers. Overly aggressive, arrogant morons with no consideration for anyone else on the road. I even seen one moron doing about 150 down the break down lane on the Frankston Freeway.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:52 AM   #63
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74
Defending my position on the road isn't dangerous - that only happened when the other guy FORCED his way in front with no consideration to other drivers in the vicinity.
Defending? You are driving an armoured car now?

You state how the other driver forced his way in front of you with total lack of courtesy, then you ironically block him out.

More road users need to be courteous, unfortunately more road users are not.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 05-06-2007, 08:58 AM   #64
LTDHO
The one and only

Grant.

People do not care on the roads and consider a red light as a suggestion only. They do not realise that Amber also means stop, so everyone has plenty of time.

More accidents happen due to those that just want to get through and save the minute or two in their travel times.

Unfortunately the government are more interested in preventing speed then 'red light runners'. More accidents occure from the latter.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 05-06-2007, 10:11 AM   #65
pb02
inconceivable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
Unfortunately the government are more interested in preventing speed then 'red light runners'. More accidents occure from the latter.
I agree! I've lost count of the amount of times I've had to wait after my light turns green because people are still driving through the red light. A couple of times I've actually taken off and had to stop in the middle of the intersection due to someone running extremely late through a red turn arrow... :togo:
Old 05-06-2007, 11:15 AM   #66
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

Theres no shortage of them unfortunatly...

My Grandmother had an accident a few months ago.
She was pulling out of a side street and a speeding P-Plater in a riced up Commy T-boned her in the rear quarter and spun her car around 2 and a bit times... This was in a 50zone no less and he claims to have being doing 40km/h at the time, if the hit had of been at that low speed, i really doubt it would have spun the car so violently.

Yet my grandmother has been charged with neg driving just last week, im not sure about the P-Plater. But i recon so, as he turned up on my grandmothers friends door step and was asking questions...

I really hope she fights it

LTDHO is right, people just dont care, specially the young and the suposed bulletproof ones.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:20 AM   #67
EF Futura 07
14.915 @ 151 KPH

yes there are lots of drivers who find it extremly difficult to drive, well attempt to anyway.

similar thing happen to my mum. (and she is a good woman driver)

she was in her car at intersection 3lanes each way(2 going straight and 1 turn right lane) she was turning right into a street. lights were only green and had no green arrow(meaning she must give way to oncoming traffic) she stopped to make sure it was clear, she SLOWLY moved out into the intersection and began to turn right as she was half way around the corner a P PLATE asian in a 20 yr old pulsar was coming, lucky for her when she saw him she nailed it and he only hit her on the left rear door/qaurter panel, if she didnt he would have hit her on the passanger front door and her apprentice in the front seat probaly wouldnt be here. he wrote off his pulsar(it was flat upto windscreen with part of engine coming into firewall, rebounded and stopped 50 meters down the road, after it hit a trees and caught on fire. my mums VT, so 1800kg with fuel and people, spun 3 times, hit another car and stoped on the oppisite side of the road. this clown said he was only doing 60(it was a 60 zone), no way after the damage he did to both cars that he was doing 60. BUT because technically she "Failed to give way" she got charged........................ you figure that one out :

EL XR Front, 16 inch Tickford's, Superlow's Front/Rear with Monroe GT Sport's : , XR6T Snorkle/Fram Filter, 4499's/Hi Flow Cat/2.5 inch Redback, 4.11's/LSD, 5% Tint, Sony Head Unit/ 6 1/2 Inch 190w Speaker's
: 14.915 @ 151 kph 60' 2.254 :
Old 05-06-2007, 11:28 AM   #68
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Typical patient everyday drivers, I never leave an intersection without checking for light runners. I have seen too many near misses when not at the front of the line.

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
Old 05-06-2007, 11:40 AM   #69
Nickxb
XB in progress

Even though the other driver was in the wrong, your attitude towards him was inappropriate. Put yourself in his shoes, you want to get in front of vehicle before a lane ends and he doesn’t let you in, I bet you would be in here saying that p plater drivers have no respect as they don’t let you in.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:47 AM   #70
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

I forgot to mention and forgot i still had these pics uploaded.

One morning on the way to work i was sat behind 2cars at a set of lights waiting for the green when Hi-Lux sped down the inside(LHS) of us. It was a 80zone so he was really moving and he locked her up and went into a EA then spun into the van waiting to turn right.

The poor guy in the van came out worst of all, the tray of the Lux went into his drivers door and pinned his feet and lower legs in. Those screams ill never forget...

This happened a few years ago, days before christmas...

Old 05-06-2007, 01:00 PM   #71
Sm0kinup
TYRE FRYER

If everyone was considerate towards each other we wouldnt have as many traffic jams and peak hour bumper to bumper me thinks!!
Old 05-06-2007, 01:34 PM   #72
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickxb
Even though the other driver was in the wrong, your attitude towards him was inappropriate. Put yourself in his shoes, you want to get in front of vehicle before a lane ends and he doesn’t let you in, I bet you would be in here saying that p plater drivers have no respect as they don’t let you in.
Sorry, I had to re-join this discussion after reading this. What a big load of #%#& right there. Here it is, If I want to merge into the right hand lane, to avoid hitting a parked car, plus i'm inches already behind the car already in the right lane, I SLOW DOWN and move in BEHIND the guy in the right hand lane already.

It's Dick^%$3 that speed up, that plaugh themselves into the parked cars. Not us doing the right thing on the road. I said it before, i'll say it again, if this idiot did the right thing, and went behind then it would have been easy because Paul moved forward giving him more room. 's

I'm shocked that how many people can say, "Oh we don't flash our lights an carry on etc" when there is a hell-of-alot of topics stating otherwise. It's like your all saying, give but do't recieve. Where did most of you get your licenses anyway? :togo:
Old 05-06-2007, 01:50 PM   #73
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpursuit83
Typical patient everyday drivers, I never leave an intersection without checking for light runners. I have seen too many near misses when not at the front of the line.
I'm the same now - particularly after reading threads like this here.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:02 PM   #74
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC
specially the young and the suposed bulletproof ones.
Don't forget the old ones either! They are just as bad!
Old 05-06-2007, 02:42 PM   #75
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.J.Tuddy
Don't forget the old ones either! They are just as bad!
Proof is the above photo's i took, He was a bit older than me, In his 30's
Old 05-06-2007, 02:44 PM   #76
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

Quote:
Where did most of you get your licenses anyway? :togo:
Weetbix Box :
Old 05-06-2007, 02:44 PM   #77
james22
With da Warlords

RTA, Vicroads, Even found one in the bottom of my Cornflakes one day lol

^^^^ Beat me to it lol

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
Old 05-06-2007, 02:48 PM   #78
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC
Weetbix Box :
Really? Then the other driver we have been talking about for the last 3 pages must have have jimmed it off someone, not even Weetbix would give him one! :
Old 05-06-2007, 03:05 PM   #79
gozza

If im readin this correctly i have been in this P PLaters shoes when i was a Fresh P PLater...

I was in a left lane with a parked car and had a woman on my right....I accelerated as i was half a body length already in front of her....She also sped up and i didn't have time to brake....Locked up and smacked the park car....she just kept on driving

I was angry...I could have slowed down and ducked in behind her but as i state i was already a half a body length in front and didn 't assume she would try to block me off
Old 05-06-2007, 03:11 PM   #80
sexr6tasy
Banned

I always thought defensive drying meant just that defensive drying assume everybody is an idiot on the road and drive accordingly not expect everybody to be kind and considerate and not do anything stupid you both need to get a reality check "he should of slowed down and gone in behind me but he wanted to speed up and over take me and i didnt like it so i blocked him out almost causing an accident" wahhh its as simple as that you can keep crapping on till your blue in the face but you and the p plater both ****** up until you realize this nobody is gonna take your side.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:16 PM   #81
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by flukey77
Yeh basically.

While I do hear where you are coming from paul, its probably just best to let them in. Thats what I do because I really dont want to risk myself or my car for the sake of proving a point.
I'd rather let one or two cars infront of me during the day, than have the side of my car F$#$ed because someone got pushy and i wouldn't let them in.

Sometimes it's easier just to let them have there way, whats it going to cost you 5 or 10 seconds onto your trip...
Old 05-06-2007, 04:01 PM   #82
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozza
If im readin this correctly i have been in this P PLaters shoes when i was a Fresh P PLater...

I was in a left lane with a parked car and had a woman on my right....I accelerated as i was half a body length already in front of her....She also sped up and i didn't have time to brake....Locked up and smacked the park car....she just kept on driving

I was angry...I could have slowed down and ducked in behind her but as i state i was already a half a body length in front and didn 't assume she would try to block me off

She in this case was in the WRONG because you were in front. You were in the right to try and merge and be fully accepted by her in front of her.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:07 PM   #83
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexr6tasy
I always thought defensive drying meant just that defensive drying assume everybody is an idiot on the road and drive accordingly not expect everybody to be kind and considerate and not do anything stupid you both need to get a reality check "he should of slowed down and gone in behind me but he wanted to speed up and over take me and i didnt like it so i blocked him out almost causing an accident" wahhh its as simple as that you can keep crapping on till your blue in the face but you and the p plater both ****** up until you realize this nobody is gonna take your side.
1st I have never heard of Defensive Drying, maybe it's used in the military?

2nd, Your still not looking at this from the point of view that, it was made easy to change lanes for the guy and move in behind Paul because Paul moved forwards, meaning the P Plater had simply slow by 5kms and slot in behind, not speed up by 20kms and cut into a space wasn't there.

I've only been driving a year, and I can even figure that out. Maybe everyone should have to learn Psyhics before allowed on the road if they can't figure that out.

Can I say this though, you never know the other drivers intentions, so if you see an obstacle infront of them, and your in front, you speed up expecting them to know how to drive and slow down alittle and merge in behind you. No one "should" expect that idiot to speed up and cut you off. Both causing him to break the law and cause a more serious accident.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:10 PM   #84
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
I'd rather let one or two cars infront of me during the day, than have the side of my car F$#$ed because someone got pushy and i wouldn't let them in.

Sometimes it's easier just to let them have there way, whats it going to cost you 5 or 10 seconds onto your trip...
Exactly, so why isn't it easy enough for them to put 5-10seconds on to thier trip for slowin 5kms and merging in behind, we bend over backwards for these idiots, and I guess some people have had enough.

Not only are we allowing these idiots to do, but we are also saying, yes you can do that, go ahead cut me off, possibly cause an accident, and drive away and do it again.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:20 PM   #85
Nickxb
XB in progress

Quote:

2nd, Your still not looking at this from the point of view that, it was made easy to change lanes for the guy and move in behind Paul because Paul moved forwards, meaning the P Plater had simply slow by 5kms and slot in behind, not speed up by 20kms and cut into a space wasn't there.

I've only been driving a year, and I can even figure that out. Maybe everyone should have to learn Psyhics before allowed on the road if they can't figure that out.

Can I say this though, you never know the other drivers intentions, so if you see an obstacle infront of them, and your in front, you speed up expecting them to know how to drive and slow down alittle and merge in behind you. No one "should" expect that idiot to speed up and cut you off. Both causing him to break the law and cause a more serious accident.
I dont think that you see our point of view, as previously stated i dont disagree that the other car was not in the wrong but...... everyone on the roads needs to show some commen sense. speeding up and blocking someone out of your lane because they are trying to cut you off is just plain stupid and eventually it will cause an accident.

I just hope its not me thats driving next to you when it happens.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:48 PM   #86
sexr6tasy
Banned

Quote:

Only being driving a year maybe that explains it but im afraid your assumption is wrong in this case paul saw the car next to him speeding up correctly guess ed what the p plater was gonna do but though **** it its his job to go behind me i wont slow down ill teach him a lesson by speeding up aswell to cut him out making a dangerous situation more dangerous are you really that stupid to believe they were both not in the wrong.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:58 PM   #87
Unco
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^ exactly.

Quote:
I've only been driving a year, and I can even figure that out.
that explains your attitude. you'll find that in a few more years, you'll figure out a LOT more, provided that you don't get into a spot of bother because of your quest to rid the world of bad drivers.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:59 PM   #88
Flouro_Joe
Banned

Quote:
Ride a motor cylce for a while and you learn about defensive driving. You have to ride like every car driver is out to kill you, none of this game playing about who is going to let who in. Unless of cause you are one of the death wishers that we see on bikes everyday. I am 37 and my dad is 60 and we have both had our bike licenses for a long time. I have never come off on the road, he slammed into the back door of a Valiant when it did a U turn in front of him over double lines. (How many times a day do you see pricks do this these days!)

Last edited by Flouro_Joe; 05-06-2007 at 05:05 PM.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:15 PM   #89
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

Quote:
Only being driving a year maybe that explains it but im afraid your assumption is wrong in this case paul saw the car next to him speeding up correctly guess ed what the p plater was gonna do but though **** it its his job to go behind me i wont slow down ill teach him a lesson by speeding up aswell to cut him out making a dangerous situation more dangerous are you really that stupid to believe they were both not in the wrong.
Well look at it the other way then. I'm the driver of the beemer right. I speed up, to 'overtake' Paul and cut-in in-front of him from behind and illegally, but he isn't letting me, I get alittle angry, but hey, all I have to do is slow down alittle and move in behind. No, Wait, I won't do that, lets wipe every car out and floor my beemer into that tiny gap there!

If Paul hadn't of said "So I closed the gap not letting him in"...would you all have been on his side then? The way I see it was Paul closing this gap help the damn Beemer merege maybe thats where I see it differently?

My attidude will never change to accomdate idiots who speed up and cut me off to get 10-15secs ahead and infront of me, if others want to be push over then thats there problem. Talking about being considerate, then lets talk about all the stupid drivers who speed up and cut people off, are they being considerate? No.

I can see where other people are coming from. Sadly, i'm sorry to say if you step back and look at this Paul is way far more in the right then he was wrong.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:18 PM   #90
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I can see where other people are coming from. Sadly, i'm sorry to say if you step back and look at this Paul is way far more in the right then he was wrong.
How can it be right to make a bad situation worse ?
Closed Thread