Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 17-08-2007, 02:16 AM   #211
Muscle_Inc
GT= The Gamble,The Legend

With all due respect here going by the thread name, BLOHSV had his intentions on buying a gt-p but it seems the gt-p didnt fulfill his requirements as a large saloon performance vehicle which is why he ended up with a completely different result.

Starting from near clean sheet of paper versus a slowly ageing BA falcon (no matter what series its up to) you dont possibly believe that the BF could match it with the offerings that the ve hsv models have to bring. Its not too say the BF hasnt left a noticeble impression, its how the ve has started a war all over again and were here fighting yesterday's battle.

As to brand loyality i do believe that with whatever manufacturer you support you will go out and buy there product, cheer for them on race day and experience the hi's and low's but bottomline here is what sort of experience have you had with that particular manufacturer whether its been bad or good and what is the best bang for your dollar cause really as we all know MONEY TALKS AND BULLS**T WALKS and these are the factors that play role on our decision on who should we fork out the dollars on despite the paddock we decide to sit on.

Putting this aside BLO-HSV congratulations on your new toy, surely looks the goods but you gotta change the numberplate mate cause when you trade your ve for one of the new orion fpv's (oh i think you will lol) it will be ANY-HSV

Howard Marsden -They were at time rated supposedly as the fastest 4 door production car in the world.

Bill Bourke - Part of the GT that changed the auto industry of australia, i would say one word, exciting it added excitement to the industry.

-GTHO P3
Old 17-08-2007, 02:51 AM   #212
Damage
Macca from Fordmods

Wow I thought I was in the wrong forum, had to recheck to see it wasn't a Holden forum, another cheque book member, no wonder he doesn't care what brand he owns, no heart and soul put into his cars.

And yes it does look good, but you would hope so for that amount of dollars.
http://tmacmechanical.com.au/
Old 17-08-2007, 03:48 PM   #213
zigzagnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage
Wow I thought I was in the wrong forum, had to recheck to see it wasn't a Holden forum, another cheque book member, no wonder he doesn't care what brand he owns, no heart and soul put into his cars.

not having a go but,you may not be familiar with a few little terms

1) CHOICE

2) requirements (ie does the car suit your needs)

3) price and value for money

as i've said before judge a car on its merits not biased opinions,I realise this is a Ford forum but i believe all this one's better than the other is older than the titanic and is not a good attitude IMO
Old 17-08-2007, 03:54 PM   #214
Tiapan
XF 393 3v CHI heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagnt

3) price and value for money
Hmmm...
Old 17-08-2007, 04:47 PM   #215
zigzagnt

ok then if it makes you happy i will be biased like everyone seems 2 be and leave i was just trying to be fair and impartial
Old 17-08-2007, 05:05 PM   #216
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:

Wtf is a cheque book member?

Some of us buy cars because they are better, not because they have a badge on them..
Old 17-08-2007, 05:10 PM   #217
zigzagnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSTerritoryGhia
Wtf is a cheque book member?

Some of us buy cars because they are better, not because they have a badge on them..

I think its one who buys cars or whatever depending on price
and also that's the point i keep trying to make (about buying cars because of how good they are not the badge)

hope that made sense!!
Old 17-08-2007, 05:43 PM   #218
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Geebus!
some of you guys need to think harder before you post.
How much this bloke spends on his cars has nothing to do with YOU or I.
Obviously he chose this over the GTP simply because it is superior to it, it's an unfortunate fact.

I hope the VE is treating you well any mate!
Old 17-08-2007, 07:34 PM   #219
chich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well done with the purchase - enjoy.

Quote:
So there's heart and soul in every Ford because it simply wears a blue badge? Anyone who chooses a car based on the badge it wears is an absolute idiot in my book. Its no wonder Ford produce rubbish like the AU... they make a t*rd and the die-hard Ford enthusiasts get out there rags and start polishing.
Old 17-08-2007, 07:58 PM   #220
Ford_V8

There's nothing wrong with brand allegiance. Ford vs holden has stemmed from V8 Supercars, which is a competetive sport. You don't just start barracking for Geelong because they are top of the ladder now do you?
Old 17-08-2007, 11:17 PM   #221
DDXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nversace
T-series ... nicest Ford's made IMO ... and :O guess what, thier an AU

and let's not forget ...
AU
- last of woodgrain interior
- one of a kind shape ( EF/EL ... BA/BF ... AU/- ... )
- last of Tickford

plus so more ... im going to stop there as to not get this thread anymore off topic ...
Last of woodgrain? No, BA LTD's and some Ghia have woodgrain.
One of a kind shape? yes - And thank for that!!!
Last of tickford? Yes, But replaced with tastier FPV offerings
Old 17-08-2007, 11:31 PM   #222
BLOHSV

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
your post is OHHHHHHHHH SOOO TRUE !!! i can offer you 6 g's for that baby right now .
I will offer him 3 g's for that weapon LOL
Old 17-08-2007, 11:49 PM   #223
DDXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My above post wasn't quite on topic ... so, after reading the thread from the beginning, I have the following point's to raise.

Can we have an IQ level test for anyone wanting to sign up to this forum? Its quite clear a few member's who have posted in this thread clearly do not hit double digit's and with the 'sexr6tasy' dude possibly recording a negative figure.

BLOHSV - Never mind the nay-sayer's ... you have a tough car. BA-BF is aging, VE is new meat with all the bell's and whistle's. It might change when Orion arrive's or it might not. Either way - Holden's product at present is clearly superior.

However, another question I wish to ask ... Did you at all consider an F6 Typhoon or Force 6? Ford's V8's are lacking in the power department, but it's a well known fact that the Force-fed 6 is matching the HSV's offering's punch for punch. Or are you a V8 man through and through?

Looks department - The HSV ****es all over ford. Saw a VE GTS in white roll past me the other day - and oh-no-shock-horror, if the VE were a female Id've probably cracked a chubby. Im no fan of the SS's, but ... The HSV's are in a class of their own. I wouldn't buy one - I have my gripe's from a previous post about in a few years time all VE omega's will wearing a HSV kit and driven with the seat in a horizontal position like so many VT-VZ's are currently being subjected too. Just be a matter of time before aforementioned driver's will be able to re-mortgage their house/dumpster to afford a VE.

Dan
Old 18-08-2007, 05:45 PM   #224
Damage
Macca from Fordmods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_V8
There's nothing wrong with brand allegiance. Ford vs holden has stemmed from V8 Supercars, which is a competetive sport. You don't just start barracking for Geelong because they are top of the ladder now do you?
Exactly, but I don't think he is in that category, he would be a top of the ladder chooser, no offence intended but who would he barrack for when the big race is on?

If you don't have a brand preference why would you bother with a brand dedicated forum.

I take it as a personal offence when someone "gloats" about buying other brand car, sort of like jumping on and saying I have more money than you. (It is gloating, otherwise he wouldn't have made such a big post about it.)

Yes it is a pity Ford Australia took it upon themselves to assemble a poor combination and GM having a dark age design (Yes it is a relatively new design but push rods are old school) which works extremely well.

Maybe Ford will eventually release a V8 (?US Boss) that is better performance wise than a GM V8, but in the mean time I will NEVER jump over to the dark side.

Sorry in advance to the few I offend, this isn't the first or last forum I will have the same views at when regarding the same topic.
http://tmacmechanical.com.au/
Old 18-08-2007, 06:30 PM   #225
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_V8
I see it this way. Imagine today you're putting $60,000 on a team to win the final. Your team is at the bottom of the table. So do you put the $60,000 on your team or the team you think is going to win this year?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with brand allegiance, provided it doesn't blinker you to ignore every other option when you're plonking down a lot of your hard earns.
Old 18-08-2007, 07:15 PM   #226
BadMac
I still have both eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
I see it this way. Imagine today you're putting $60,000 on a team to win the final. Your team is at the bottom of the table. So do you put the $60,000 on your team or the team you think is going to win this year?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with brand allegiance, provided it doesn't blinker you to ignore every other option when you're plonking down a lot of your hard earns.
Great analogy.

Personally I'd take the $60k and invest it. I bought my R8 outright, it has been cashflow positive (inc depreciation, fuel, insurance, etc) since the day I got it (thanks mr taxman!).
Old 18-08-2007, 07:19 PM   #227
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan635
Can we have an IQ level test for anyone wanting to sign up to this forum? Its quite clear a few member's who have posted in this thread clearly do not hit double digit's and with the 'sexr6tasy' dude possibly recording a negative figure.

BLOHSV - Never mind the nay-sayer's ...
Either way - Holden's product at present is clearly superior.

Looks department - The HSV ****es all over ford. Saw a VE GTS in white roll past me the other day - and oh-no-shock-horror, if the VE were a female Id've probably cracked a chubby. Im no fan of the SS's, but ... The HSV's are in a class of their own.
Dan
Oh boy ...... So when you selling up? Have read this post on and off since started and I am of the "Cant say anything nice so dont say anything" brigade but cant bite my tounge anymore. How dare anyone bag the HSV and not like it? Anyone who says they would rather a FORD have been shot down! Good luck to the owner for getting one. His choice not mine! It will only make FORD work harder. I hate it passionatley by looks only (never and proberly wont drive one) and chuckle when I see them with those weird rear ends ..... That an opinion

BUT its absolutley perfectly alright and proper to BAG FORDS and the members who dont like them or have the passion to say so? You mate are the : and cannot for the life of me understand why you havnt sold up and moved on. I am at a loss here ....... Political Correctness gone phsyco!!!!

Me biased ?...... totally. If you dont like something? Thats an opinion.

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 18-08-2007, 08:07 PM   #228
muppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslandau
Oh boy ...... So when you selling up? Have read this post on and off since started and I am of the "Cant say anything nice so dont say anything" brigade but cant bite my tounge anymore. How dare anyone bag the HSV and not like it? Anyone who says they would rather a FORD have been shot down! Good luck to the owner for getting one. His choice not mine! It will only make FORD work harder. I hate it passionatley by looks only (never and proberly wont drive one) and chuckle when I see them with those weird rear ends ..... That an opinion

BUT its absolutley perfectly alright and proper to BAG FORDS and the members who dont like them or have the passion to say so? You mate are the : and cannot for the life of me understand why you havnt sold up and moved on. I am at a loss here ....... Political Correctness gone phsyco!!!!

Best post on here .
I to have been watching this thread and been thinking the same thing as you . Someone says they dont like the look of the VE they are shot down as being a little kid moron .
Well I am 38 and I think they are ugly as a hat full of bum holes . Every time I drive past one I shake my head and think god they are ugly ( it's the wheel arches I just hate them ). I even had the same car as the one this thread is about pull up next to me in a car park the other day and it still looked ugly to me . But guess what , thats my opinion , some people have a different one and that is what makes the world go arround . If you dont whant to hear the negative opinions dont post , simple as that .
Old 19-08-2007, 04:00 PM   #229
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nversace
holden people don't care, as long as it has a commo badge they will love it ...!
I have no problem with you mate, but that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

I can't stand VNs/VPs, and even though I love VLs that doesn't mean I cream my pants over every sh*tbox, clapped out VL that drives around. One of the worst cars I've ever driven was a VL.

BLOHSV good on you mate. It is a nice car.

I'm over this brand allegiance B.S. I hate the "If you drive a Holden/Ford you have to stay with them,". I myself am a fan of certain models, not the brand as a whole. If that was the case, I would be a fan of Camiras, and I sure as hell am not.
Old 19-08-2007, 04:26 PM   #230
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Pffft...

People keep banging on about the superiority of the HSV. But it seems to be only superior in the subjective catagories such as looks. (hey some people think fat chicks are sexy and HSV meets that market)
Old 19-08-2007, 04:30 PM   #231
Badcooky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Ford Holden thing was around way before V8 supercars.
If you want a pushrod engine with a crappy gearbox and looks that has had 9 recalls so far with crappy resale value then go buy one it's your money to waste so why not.
The current VE looks poxy but it has a shape that with a few changes might look good.
Old 19-08-2007, 04:57 PM   #232
burnz
VFII SS UTE

i like the look of the e'hsv
but the ve is as the same as the au (ugli)
however their is a au 3 i think fairmont that is starting to grow on me.
i am shure a ve will grow on me aswell
nice choise.
enjoy the grunt, they have plenty of it.
Old 19-08-2007, 05:55 PM   #233
jdg
Aussie cars rule!

Quote:
If you drive a Holden/Ford you have to stay with them
Agree with you mate - what a primitive attitude to have.

Most people will get the car that they believe to be the best car for their needs, for the amount of money they are willing to spend.

HSV looks good man...do post up some more pictures

Old 19-08-2007, 07:17 PM   #234
zigzagnt

Some of you blokes wouldn't like my grandfather.When my Dad was younger my grandfather had about a dozen falcons/fairlanes as well as a CHRYSLER VALIANT (hemi pacer) and in his later years also had a HQ holden or two a toyota truck and a nissan pulsar!!!!!!!!!
Old 19-08-2007, 07:29 PM   #235
DDXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslandau

Why have I not sold up and moved on? I have faith in the ford brand. I never once said I'd personally buy a Holden, only admitting look's wise it's better than the falcon. It's a newer car with newer styling cue's ... Ford's time will come in 08. How many other people in this thread haven commented on the HSV's styling and I did bag the member's who were being immature with lines like "Go join some red forums" or "You're not welcome here" kinda thing ... that's just pathetic.
Old 28-08-2007, 02:07 PM   #236
lownzi

i think you are either a ford person or a holden person. u love one or the other! simple. if u got a ford u love driving it spend your money on it, they why the hell you get a OLDEN front ugli back ugli just looks ugli. my brother has a OLDEN he not even allowed to park it in my drive way, told him i would set it on fire if he did!!! FORDS FOR LIFE!
Old 28-08-2007, 02:43 PM   #237
gozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by lownzi
i think you are either a ford person or a holden person. u love one or the other! simple. if u got a ford u love driving it spend your money on it, they why the hell you get a OLDEN front ugli back ugli just looks ugli. my brother has a OLDEN he not even allowed to park it in my drive way, told him i would set it on fire if he did!!! FORDS FOR LIFE!

Your an Idiot - Go back to school Homie
Old 28-08-2007, 05:15 PM   #238
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Lets not re ignite this one.
Closed Thread