Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 15-04-2016, 05:18 PM   #1
car10002
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default header tanks

hi

seen engine bay pictures of some e series, some au and some ba models and with the header tanks the water levels are at different heights.

could anyone explain how they work as most have min and max spot and aftermarket ba tanks have min and max hot spot with a max cold spot half way between min and max

and are there any ba models that have a low coolant sensor or do you have to go aftermarket

if the tanks just got min and max is it possible to engrave a mark and ifso where should the mark go

thanks for any answers
car10002 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2016, 07:13 PM   #2
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Default Re: header tanks

BA's dont have low coolant sensors because they automatically deactivate cylinders in overtemp conditions, AU's only did it in the 6 cylinders, which is why the only AU's with low coolant sensors are the V8's
Old 15-04-2016, 09:25 PM   #3
car10002
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

where should level be on bottle when hot and cold and warm, do you have to have low coolant sensor if you had one previously as the fairmont had the sensor bypassed as it doesnt work properly and got to get a new one with the new tank

if you want to put a ba tank or even au on your e series what would you do about low coolant sensor, would you buy a au one with facillities for sensor or could you buy a ba one and use a redarc top hose sensor
Old 16-04-2016, 03:51 AM   #4
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

A sensor isnt critical, but its something that can prevent you cooking your engine if you blow a hose.

IMO, coolant levels should be somewhere around 25% full cold, 75% full hot, but thats just my opinion

Why use a different header tank? you can still get new standard replacement tanks for every E series
Old 17-04-2016, 07:43 PM   #5
car10002
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hi

just wondered what pressure radiator cap the eb to au should have as the ea 3.9 uses a 110kpa/16psi recovery and ed to au 4.0 uses 120kpa/17 psi and ba to fg uses 120kpa/17psi recovery cap

those specs above is what ford specify

would using a 120kpa/17 psi or a 125kpa/18psi cap be ok in the eb to au

what causes a hiss for a couple minutes after a drive at times with a 110kpa cap on a e series 4.0 will a 125kpa cap fix that or do they damage stuff

how much difference is 18 psi over 16 psi

and how much difference is 20psi over 16psi