Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Discussions

Old 27-07-2006, 03:49 PM   #1
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Member in Canberra - One of yours?

I was driving behind a Blue XR6T ute today. Shockwave. Had a big fpv sticker in the rear window with a club sticker as well. Plates 240BA. Were QLD plates.

Think the sticker said "XRCLUBQLD" I think. Anyway, wondering if he is one of yours and is he a member on these forums.

Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2006, 06:44 PM   #2
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

We welcome Members from across the Land. Interested??? :

Last edited by MNM96; 27-07-2006 at 07:00 PM.
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2006, 06:52 PM   #3
WHIPLASH
METALLICA and FORD FREAK

Cool

Hey bucky, yeah i know the ute you are talking about, sure hes a member. Maybe you could come up with that beast of yours a give our club a try :

Little fox

Rolling back in my au forte
*18" xhp jetz
*alpine 4000watt audio
*tickford t3 bodykit

Still got a V8 but wanting to offload the shell if anyone is interested PM me.

(1993 EB body, some minor marks, full interior (electrics need attention) NO MOTOR, gearbox needs 5th. Make offer.

Also in the shed is a 3.9ltr straight six (1990 EA). headers, crow cam, 5spd manual included. may need minor rebuild. Again make offer

WHIPLASH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2006, 07:20 PM   #4
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok cool. I wonder how long he will be in Canberra. I bet he's enjoying the cold air for his car. -1 this morning.

No it's too hot in QLD for me. I like the heat, but not everyday. It will make my stripes peel off :
Old 27-07-2006, 08:34 PM   #5
BluePrintBlue

Yeah, too many holdens in Queensland ... nice girls though, im 18 so i can check them all out
BluePrintBlue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2006, 09:05 PM   #6
WHIPLASH
METALLICA and FORD FREAK

Cool

Awwwwww you poor boys are used to the cold, come get a bit of good ol QUEENSLAND weather into yas. btw, love your stripes bucky they make that machine look awesome, mum wants a set for her car ... when she gets it.

Little fox

Rolling back in my au forte
*18" xhp jetz
*alpine 4000watt audio
*tickford t3 bodykit

Still got a V8 but wanting to offload the shell if anyone is interested PM me.

(1993 EB body, some minor marks, full interior (electrics need attention) NO MOTOR, gearbox needs 5th. Make offer.

Also in the shed is a 3.9ltr straight six (1990 EA). headers, crow cam, 5spd manual included. may need minor rebuild. Again make offer

WHIPLASH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2006, 10:18 PM   #7
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks. I'm happy with how they turned out. It's something a little different.

To tell you the truth, I've only been to Qld once. That was in December about 2 years ago. I went to Brisbane. We overheated the hire car with the aircon permanently on high. It was so hot I thought I was gonna die.
Old 28-07-2006, 08:34 AM   #8
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds like MattP but I could be wrong
Old 28-07-2006, 08:49 AM   #9
Mrs Coyote
Phantom XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
To tell you the truth, I've only been to Qld once. That was in December about 2 years ago. I went to Brisbane. We overheated the hire car with the aircon permanently on high. It was so hot I thought I was gonna die.
I grew up in Canberra and loved winter but hated summer down there as well. It was always either really hot at Christmas or it rained.

We were just down there in the school holidays with the kids. They could not believe how cold it was and there was no wind chill factor - they still don't know what really cold is. I love Canberra but it is missing one thing the Sunshine Coast.
Mrs Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2006, 08:58 AM   #10
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i'm not a huge fan of the cold, i just think its easier to get warm than it is to get cool. My ideal temp is 23 each day. Cool nights and warm mornings.

I used to live in Darwin and live in Malaysia. For some reason the heat is different to Brisbane. Maybe I'm too used to the Canberra Cold weather that I notice the heat more. Coule be why I didn't like it on my visit.
Old 28-07-2006, 09:12 AM   #11
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Now I've had a think about it, It would be Matt he is a Ford Mechanic and moved there to work at another Ford dealership...It is an awesome car and Matts a top bloke..
Old 28-07-2006, 09:22 AM   #12
747FLI

Righto then Mrs Coyote, get your lot back up here on the Sunshine Coast so we can increase the XR/FPV "Chapter" up here!!! GOooon!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2006, 09:41 AM   #13
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is it permanent. He was heading out in the direction of McGraths in Woden. He would be more than welcome to join in with our local events if he likes.
Old 28-07-2006, 01:11 PM   #14
Mrs Coyote
Phantom XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747FLI
Righto then Mrs Coyote, get your lot back up here on the Sunshine Coast so we can increase the XR/FPV "Chapter" up here!!! GOooon!
Skip,
I would love to be up there but alas Chris' business is Brisbane mainly. You get him heaps more business up there and I am there in a flash. The girls miss the beach, not much use for surfboards in Burpengary.
Old 28-07-2006, 06:16 PM   #15
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Is it permanent. He was heading out in the direction of McGraths in Woden. He would be more than welcome to join in with our local events if he likes.
is perm,next time you see him,flag him down..am sure he would love to be included in club runs down there.He is a top bloke and a lot of fun to have around.I believe vegabass has his contact number so maybe he could extend an invite for you,I dont think he is on the net down there yet.
Old 28-07-2006, 06:25 PM   #16
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds great. He works for our sponsor, so hopefully they let him know about us as well.

We would be happy for him to join in. We have a few events coming up, so if he is keen, we can give him all the info he needs. I'll be sure to flag him down. Looks like his in our area, so I see his car parked anywhere, i might pop a flyer on his car.

Thanks for the info
Old 28-07-2006, 06:35 PM   #17
Tiges
Keeping Wombats Dead

Quote:
Sounds great. He works for our sponsor, so hopefully they let him know about us as well.

We would be happy for him to join in. We have a few events coming up, so if he is keen, we can give him all the info he needs. I'll be sure to flag him down. Looks like his in our area, so I see his car parked anywhere, i might pop a flyer on his car.

Thanks for the info
I asked people at McGrath's when I started working there about the club, and alot of people didn't know what I was on about. Only until we had the club magazine then people started to realize.

The mechanic's know about us. Only because of a certain member who's car is constantly in getting fixed

2003 BA XR6 Turbo-White
210.4rwkw(stock)

Tiges is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2006, 06:44 PM   #18
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiges
I asked people at McGrath's when I started working there about the club, and alot of people didn't know what I was on about. Only until we had the club magazine then people started to realize.

The mechanic's know about us. Only because of a certain member who's car is constantly in getting fixed
I think your right, it wasn't till they got the mag that they really started to know about the club and what it was all about. Service and Spares know about the club because of the members discounts, but I think apart from that, they really don't have much to do with us.

I would say theres maybe a couple of cars that they know well in the workshop. I think I know of another 2 which almost have an allocated parking space there.
Old 28-07-2006, 10:41 PM   #19
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

That is Matt P (that’s his user name on this forum)

He is a country bumpkin and is the nicest bloke I know! (Rob and lissa your the nicest family, Tori your the best princess, Kerri your the best detailer and Lynton your the best person to administer drugs on scene.)

Next time you see him ask him if he still parks his Ute on the street when he is at work.

And he did tell me that he likes the cold weather (or at least his Ute does)
Old 29-07-2006, 10:07 AM   #20
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

I will send Matt a text letting him know that we are on to him - I am guessing he probably does not have Interet access at the moment.

Matt is an awesome guy and a great mate. His ute is awesome - Turbo XR6. I am pretty sure that Matt is now working on the ski fields down in Caberra as he wanted to give the whole mechanic thing a break for awhile.

We are hoping to catch up with him on our way to Bathurst cause we miss him!
Old 29-07-2006, 11:02 AM   #21
Mrs Coyote
Phantom XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope Pitstop
We are hoping to catch up with him on our way to Bathurst cause we miss him!
Which direction are you going to Bathurst so that you go via snowfields and Canberra? We did the track when we were there in the holidays - Chris can't get the smil off his face.
Old 29-07-2006, 02:39 PM   #22
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We will look after him, feed and waterhim and exercise him. He is in good hands :
Old 29-07-2006, 08:32 PM   #23
Matt P
No Boundries

Hi all Thanks Tori for the heads up well spotted Bucknaked just PM me the details and I will probably sign up as long as the good Queensland Folk don't call me a traitor. Hi Tori Drew Liss Rob Lynton Kerry little Foxy and the Cyoties hope you are all well thanks for the coments but im not that nice. Hope the Queensland weather is fine? Bucknaked is spot on though Canberra does give you instantly 10kwts the cold air is awesome. I will see you all at Bathurst I can't live this close and not go. I am back on the spanners the very weekend I arrived John McGrath had an add in the paper for Woden the dealership closest to home so I had to apply, I got the job it is a great place to work even though sometimes you have to start Fiesta water pump bolts without any feeling in your fingers. The team are a good bunch of blokes frendly and always keen for a laugh. We finally have the broard band on so i will be chatting to you all again look forward to Bathurst and I'll try and make Dec 2nd any excuse the ute will look a bit more presentable this time to.

PS Drew I don't park out the front of work : I jam the ute between two cars in a car park well away from any trucks.

Bucknaked as long as by water him you mean Bourbon things will be fine and after a few you can put me out to pasture.
Matt P is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2006, 09:21 PM   #24
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey Matt

Welcome to Canberra. You've picked a good time car wise to come to Canberra. Hope you have plenty of jumpers.

It was between Greenway and the turn right onto Athlon that I saw you. The FPV sticker on the rear window stood from a fair distance, lucky for me I was able to get up close before you had a quick exit right. I managed to see the plates and club sticker before you were on your way.

Would be great for you to come along to a meeting and say G'day. We have one on this Thursday out at John McGrath Belconnen starting at 7.30. Usually the meetings are out at Yowani Golf Club.

You get used to the weather. Takes a few years, but you do :hihi:

Anyway, hope to see you around at some point.

Cheers

Dwayne