Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-06-2018, 06:32 PM   #91
boss351290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: HSV imports Camaro, Silverado...tweeks Colorado.

My figures are right. I have seen them with my own eyes. There are a lot of charges that are out of control of the dealers such as tax stamp duty shipping storage lct insurance etc. these are the prices I saw. The dealer Can not sell it to you for that but the $30000 figure I quoted was start price and then all charges go on top of that. Obviously making it a lot more expensive than that figure.The $9000 price for the el falcon was base model cost to build at the factory. Ford sold them for a lot more than that to the dealers but that is what it cost ford at the time to build.

An I suppose all that own a I-phone think it costs a $1000 to build.
boss351290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2018, 01:57 AM   #92
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss351290 View Post
My figures are right. I have seen them with my own eyes. There are a lot of charges that are out of control of the dealers such as tax stamp duty shipping storage lct insurance etc. these are the prices I saw. The dealer Can not sell it to you for that but the $30000 figure I quoted was start price and then all charges go on top of that. Obviously making it a lot more expensive than that figure.The $9000 price for the el falcon was base model cost to build at the factory. Ford sold them for a lot more than that to the dealers but that is what it cost ford at the time to build.

An I suppose all that own a I-phone think it costs a $1000 to build.
So when are you going to open your own dealership? I would love to see you try to get anywhere near $18k GP on new cars. An “18 pounder” they would call that in the business. I have heard 3 pounder, as high as 5 pounder on used vehicles. On brand new vehicles I have only heard “the customer better let us do the financing at that price!”
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 06-06-2018, 07:40 PM   #93
boss351290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do you think if I made $10000 per vehicle I would tell you??
Old 06-06-2018, 07:43 PM   #94
boss351290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG2 View Post
Cool story bro.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story they say...
The truth sux. Sorry. That’s how it is. If you think it’s a story then a story it is
This user likes this post:
Old 06-06-2018, 07:44 PM   #95
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
The truth sux. Sorry. That’s how it is. If you think it’s a story then a story it is
Yep it’s BS and a rubbish story
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 06-06-2018, 07:48 PM   #96
Vormund

I can believe $9000 worth of raw materials - metals plastics glass etc.

But there are so many other costs, transporting of materials, cost of manufacturing, return on cost of equipment to do manufacturing, labour costs, marketing costs, R&D costs, testing costs, list goes on.

This has to all be recouped from somewhere and they have to make profit, since it's well....a business.
Vormund is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-06-2018, 08:08 PM   #97
boss351290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vormund View Post
I can believe $9000 worth of raw materials - metals plastics glass etc.

But there are so many other costs, transporting of materials, cost of manufacturing, return on cost of equipment to do manufacturing, labour costs, marketing costs, R&D costs, testing costs, list goes on.

This has to all be recouped from somewhere and they have to make profit, since it's well....a business.
I’m telling you it’s the truth. It probably sounds like a story. But that’s what I saw. The figures are from 20 years ago so would not much use today. I’m not after a story. There is no money or glory for me. I’m just telling what I saw. If I was lied too then I’m wrong. Sorry. If you can prove me wrong please show us all. I wish I had a phone with a camera back then. Those figures were shown to me by peter warren ford Fairfield. Now long gone. Why would I lie. No money for me. No glory for me. I look like an idiot to some people. I don’t want that. Just telling you as it was.

In years to come people will tell you an apple I phone cost $20 to build. Will you laugh at them.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:20 PM   #98
boss351290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It’s funny that a bf Mark 2 fairmont ghia was almost $10000 cheaper than a bf mark 1 and the mark 2 had more options. So where did the $10000 come from.?????
Old 06-06-2018, 08:27 PM   #99
boss351290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In 1990 a EA S pack was $31500 drive away. In 2012 ford were doing FG MK2 Xr6 for $33900 drive away. How much money was in the EA???. My figures are right. I saw them. If you don’t believe them that’s ok. Means nothing now.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:28 PM   #100
boss351290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Please someone prove me wrong
Old 06-06-2018, 08:33 PM   #101
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

OK. That's enough. If you want to comment further about 1990s pricing shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to discuss further.

Any further posts that aren't to do with HSV will be deleted.
PG2 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-06-2018, 08:39 PM   #102
boss351290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry no further from here
Old 06-06-2018, 09:01 PM   #103
boss351290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Camaro hsv will be similar in price as the mustang unless it’s advertised with a lot more power. Bit like a sprint Xr8 and a gts. In reality similar power but a massive price difference. HSV or their importer ateco or similar will not be buying them from dealerships but the factory. They will have the opportunity to put massive mark ups. But I don’t think they will. Time will tell. I might be wrong. I might be right. But I’m not telling stories.
Old 06-06-2018, 09:16 PM   #104
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Yes, the HSV will be similar to the mustangs price...

...The 2002 Tickford mustangs, that cost $90,000 due to associated costs of the R/H/D conversion.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 06-06-2018, 10:12 PM   #105
boss351290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked View Post
Yes, the HSV will be similar to the mustangs price...

...The 2002 Tickford mustangs, that cost $90,000 due to associated costs of the R/H/D conversion.
Yes true. But the reason the mustang was that price is because one Australian dollar in the year 2000 bought about 45 cents US. Doubling the price. Simple economics really.
Old 07-06-2018, 02:30 PM   #106
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss351290
I’m telling you it’s the truth. It probably sounds like a story. But that’s what I saw. The figures are from 20 years ago so would not much use today. I’m not after a story. There is no money or glory for me. I’m just telling what I saw. If I was lied too then I’m wrong. Sorry. If you can prove me wrong please show us all. I wish I had a phone with a camera back then. Those figures were shown to me by peter warren ford Fairfield. Now long gone. Why would I lie. No money for me. No glory for me. I look like an idiot to some people. I don’t want that. Just telling you as it was.

In years to come people will tell you an apple I phone cost $20 to build. Will you laugh at them.
Why would a dealer have paperwork that showed how much a car costs to build? Dealers are franchises, not owned by Ford. All they have would be the cost price as supplied to them from Ford, and they have their margin in it after that. It's laughable to believe that an EL's cost price would be $9000. That's just ridiculous. I've been in this industry nearly 2 decades and I know for a fact that's it's nowhere near that low. It would be double what you believe, easily.

As for the iphone they cost bugger all to make, probably $50-100 at the most. Doesn't take into account the R&D costs to get it into production, marketing etc. Apple are making a fair slice of profit though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss351290
The Camaro hsv will be similar in price as the mustang unless it’s advertised with a lot more power. Bit like a sprint Xr8 and a gts. In reality similar power but a massive price difference. HSV or their importer ateco or similar will not be buying them from dealerships but the factory. They will have the opportunity to put massive mark ups. But I don’t think they will. Time will tell. I might be wrong. I might be right. But I’m not telling stories.
If that was the case why are the Silverado's they are doing costing well over 110k when they are less than half that in the US?

The Camaro's will be considerably more expensive than the Mustang. Gauranteed. The RHD conversion costs a bomb, plus they have to crash a few of them to show they pass crash tests etc.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2018, 10:21 PM   #107
boss351290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well according to everyone I’m wrong. Even though you weren’t there. I’ll just have to conform and buy a dual cab Ute. There the smart people.
Old 08-06-2018, 06:29 AM   #108
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
There the smart people.
They’re the smart people.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 11-06-2018, 07:49 PM   #109
Chopped
as in chopped

Not a chance in hell that a converted Camaro will be Mustang money. It doesn’t need to be, HSV know there is 90k+ muscle car market because they sold a heap of GTSs for that money. Some of the previous GTS buyers will want to move into something newer like a Camaro.

So I think Camaro will be 90k+ ( if not more )

Amazing that Ford hasnt been tempted to raise the price of the Mustang, the demand is there so why not take advantage of it.
Old 12-06-2018, 04:53 PM   #110
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped View Post
Not a chance in hell that a converted Camaro will be Mustang money. It doesn’t need to be, HSV know there is 90k+ muscle car market because they sold a heap of GTSs for that money. Some of the previous GTS buyers will want to move into something newer like a Camaro.

Amazing that Ford hasnt been tempted to raise the price of the Mustang, the demand is there so why not take advantage of it.
Why would Ford ad $20k+ to the price of the Mustang's when they are selling a heap of them and still making a enough coin on them?? Would be a bloody silly decision..

Yes, there will be SOME current HSV owners that will update to the Camaro, but considering you can get a comparable car (the Mustang) for ALOT less money Im sure you would get a few of them will give the Stang a serious look....

Hers: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
Hers on Order: MY24 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
His Daily: 2023 Hyundai Tuscon Elite N-Line in Crimson Red
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2018, 07:24 PM   #111
Chopped
as in chopped

Well not 20k but I reckon they could add another 5k no problems.
Old 12-06-2018, 07:37 PM   #112
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

I thought they had?
naddis01 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2018, 09:07 PM   #113
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Updated mustang is about $5-6000 more expensive.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2018, 10:59 PM   #114
Chopped
as in chopped

Ok, I wasn’t aware of the price rise (I was assuming the price was staying the same), but it justifies what I was saying.
Old 13-06-2018, 12:54 PM   #115
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ok, I wasn’t aware of the price rise (I was assuming the price was staying the same), but it justifies what I was saying.
My bad, I thought you where saying take the Mustang up to the Circa $90k that the Camaro will be...

The extra coin for the MY18 is well worth it with what it gets you over the earlier ones...

Hers: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
Hers on Order: MY24 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
His Daily: 2023 Hyundai Tuscon Elite N-Line in Crimson Red
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2018, 02:47 PM   #116
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Stuff like the standard dual mode exhaust, electronic dash and the extra safety gear like AEB and lane departure warning justifies the price rise though.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2018, 05:43 PM   #117
Chopped
as in chopped

Quote:

https://www.news.com.au/technology/i...6d607044588715

90k Drive-away confirmed...
Old 10-09-2018, 07:28 PM   #118
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Ford sold over 700 Mustangs last month, it will take HSV ages to get that many Camaros converted.
Maybe that's part of the plan, a slower feed to keep the exclusivity there.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2018, 08:23 PM   #119
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There's no danger of HSV having to convert anywhere near that many. Other than a few diehard HSV fans, what's the appeal? It doesn't deliver more car then Mustang, but comes at a hell of a premium.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2018, 08:57 PM   #120
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

https://www.caradvice.com.au/683219/...ing-and-specs/

".............the first run of 550 vehicles...........................according to the company, 30 per cent of the initial allocation has been sold already – and buyers are supposedly coming from German marques............"

Only 30% sold. And yet Mustang was sold out for up 18 months at one stage.

And once again, HSV is still trying to convince the masses that it doesn't compete with Ford, but with companies commanding significant price premiums.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: