Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 30-04-2018, 03:09 PM   #1
ppshy1
Starter Motor

Default Buying a my17 Titanium petrol

Hi Guys
I currently have a MA XR5 Turbo and my natural progression seems to be a MD Petrol.

Just a few things I want to run past you guys

1) The map on the demo car I drove seemed to be a little off as the new new streets were not there. The car sales man said I go update it for free at home over wifi.
Is that true?

2)I always set my headlights to auto in my current car. I have burnt a few globes in the last few years. Phillips expensive 110 artic ones. I believe thats due to driving under a lot of bridges on M1 SE Melbourne. How expensive are LED gloves and more importantly how durable.

3)The car I test drove was 4000km ex ford driven. However the menu options said Oil quality 33%. Is this based on how car is driven or just a % on next car service distance remaining.

4) I was shocked when the salesman said it runs on 91. I was thinking hopefully its been looked after well in the 4000km. Maybe i am wrong but I thought turbos had to run on 95+

I really loved the car. Just need to get used to automatic . Have had manuals for last 18 years.

On a side note, it would have been nice for our Aussie models to read road signs like Mazda
ppshy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2018, 05:26 PM   #2
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Default Re: Buying a my17 Titanium petrol

1. No get that updated in the deal, whilst you can when I did it wiped the navigation maps from the system.

2.$$$ but durable set to auto and enjoy.

3. computer calculated (guessed) just keep to time/distance based.

4. Can run on 91, better fuel economy on 95/98