Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 15-10-2009, 12:46 PM   #1
Francis

Default Whats the go with the 2007 Ex Ford Demo Mondeos

Hi guy's just a quick question, does anyone know anything about the bunch of 2007 Mondeos that are getting around that wew all ex Ford demos. Word was that Ford brought in a bunch for testing and then sent them all around the country for sale as ex demos.

I'm looking at buying a medium size car and I think the new shape Mondeo is a great looking car, but my worry is that these 2007's models might have had the life pushed out of them from there testing days back at Ford HQ.

Plus, word is they are really really under powered when compared to a Mazda 6. All thoughts welcome.

Francis.

Francis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2009, 05:51 PM   #2
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I think you'll find most of owners on here are pretty happy with theirs. I've got a diesel, so don't know what the power of the equivalent Mazda 6 is like - it does everything I need.

I had a 2007 demo Mondeo from November - December 2007 before mine turned up, it was fine. They probably have had a couple of thousand more kilometres on the clock in usage than what the clock says, but if it comes with a warranty, you should be right.

You might be able to get a newer model demo (2008) from a dealer by asking around. There are always plenty at carsales.com.au, and they might be newer, and might not have been treated as hard as a Ford company demo (but it's luck of the draw there). I got a dealer demo BA Futura with just under 6K on the clock and did 175K in three years with no problems except a blocked a/c hose. I was going to buy it from the company, but they wouldn't sell it.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2009, 06:35 PM   #3
RicOz

Petrol Mondeo has 2.3L engine compaired to 2.5L for Mazda 6. Yes its not as powerful but Mondeo is bigger and I think better in looks and features.

Otherwise go for the TDCi Mondeo.
Old 15-10-2009, 08:07 PM   #4
Rapscallion
Seduce G6ET

Mondeo is a great car. I have done 60,000ks in about 15 months and have had no problems whatsoever. Mine is a 2008 build hatch so doesn't have the earlier problem of water in the boot that the 2007s had.

Mine is the 2.3L petrol and I get a little tired of people saying it's under powered. Compared to a Falcon yes it is. Compared to a Fiesta no it isn't. It's all relative. I do alot of freeway ks and I find the Mondeo a great tourer. I do run a minimum of 95RON petrol and I believe this makes a difference to mid range torque. I have driven it regularly with 5 people on board, most of whom are now adult sized. Again no problem with the power.

If you want to win traffic light drag races then get something else. For the normal drudgery of day to day driving the Mondeo will meet all your needs, and remove some of that drudgery as well.

I might point out as well that previous to the Mondeo I owned a BA GT and a Territory Turbo. The price of petrol killed that phase of my life unfortunately but going into the Mondeo didn't disappoint as it is such an overall fine drive. So much so that I am considering keeping it for the term of the lease, which I have never done before.
Rapscallion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2009, 03:25 PM   #5
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Well put Rapscallion.

I too am past the traffic light drags, and just want a car that's going to do all I need, and the Mondeo is it.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post