Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 03-02-2015, 12:26 PM   #1
Noelcbp
Starter Motor

Cool 2012 MC Mondeo Titanium Powershift problem

On Friday the car experienced a major transmission failure. On driving steadily away from traffic lights the car lurched a couple of times, there was a clunking sound, the engine revved and then there was no drive to the front wheels. A very dangerous situation as I was in heavy traffic. Fortunately I was able to cross under momentum in front of oncoming traffic and park in a side street. An attempt to reverse was impossible as reverse could not be engaged. With the engine off I checked for major oil leaks but the transmission area was bone try.
On restarting the car the transmission appeared to be OK. I headed for home but approx 5 Km down the freeway the tachometer surged and once again power was lost to the front wheels. On the dashboard the words 'major transmission failure' appeared The car was then towed to the dealer and I am waiting for an answer. The Service Dept have road tested the car and there has been no sign of the problem. I have been provided with a replacement Mondeo while this problem is being resolved.
Noelcbp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2015, 03:46 PM   #2
whitelion65
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2012 MC Mondeo Titanium Powershift problem

Not good Noel.
How many kms do you have on the car?
Mine's just had the 60,000 service, with no problems to report other than the usual hestitation off the line, but that's been covered before.
Good luck, and keep us posted.
Steve

Last edited by whitelion65; 03-02-2015 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Typo
whitelion65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2015, 06:38 PM   #3
Noelcbp
Starter Motor

Hi Whitelion65
Thanks for your quick response. My car has 38500 Km on the clock.
The Dealer carried out a self test and found several codes in the system so they spoke to the Ford Hotline and replaced the Mechatronic Module and cleared all codes.
Hope you don't experience the same problem.
Noel
Old 05-02-2015, 07:16 PM   #4
Binny

Good to hear they looked after you anyway and gave you a loan car while it was sorted.

And welcome to the forum.
Old 06-02-2015, 12:02 AM   #5
Noelcbp
Starter Motor

Hello Binny
Your response gives me an opportunity to highlight just how good the Dealership was. On experiencing the problem my first call was to the dealer's Service Manager who was most helpful - I regard him more of a friend than an employee.When my car arrived on a truck at the Dealership a late model Mondeo was made available and assistance was provided in transporting all the items in my car into the loan car.
As it was an intermittent problem diagnosis was difficult.Persistence by a senior service facilitator saved the day.The problem was experienced on the Tuesday, the part was ordered and I picked up the car on Wednesday afternoon. Prior to picking it up the car was washed. Warranty wasn't an issue for what turned out to be an expensive repair.
This user likes this post:
Old 06-02-2015, 08:14 AM   #6
Deo

Wow, mechatronic units are pricey! And there's plenty of work involved in changing them...
MC Ink Blue Diesel Hatch
Deo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2015, 07:26 PM   #7
cyclone1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelcbp View Post
Hello Binny
Your response gives me an opportunity to highlight just how good the Dealership was. On experiencing the problem my first call was to the dealer's Service Manager who was most helpful - I regard him more of a friend than an employee.When my car arrived on a truck at the Dealership a late model Mondeo was made available and assistance was provided in transporting all the items in my car into the loan car.
As it was an intermittent problem diagnosis was difficult.Persistence by a senior service facilitator saved the day.The problem was experienced on the Tuesday, the part was ordered and I picked up the car on Wednesday afternoon. Prior to picking it up the car was washed. Warranty wasn't an issue for what turned out to be an expensive repair.
Hi
Which dealer was it?
Old 10-02-2015, 09:47 PM   #8
Noelcbp
Starter Motor

Hi Cyclone 1410
The dealership is Etheridge Ford in Ringwood Melbourne.
They pride themselves in providing outstanding customer service.
Old 04-11-2015, 04:28 PM   #9
Rowiti
Starter Motor

Hi, was this issue sorted by your Ford dealer, what was the outcome, I've have got a similar problem.

Reards Roger
Rowiti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2015, 10:46 PM   #10
Noelcbp
Starter Motor

Etheridge Ford in Ringwood rectified the problem.