Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > F6 Owners Club of Australia

Old 23-10-2009, 12:32 PM   #121
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

I cant wait to wreck oops i mean join this cruise........... :

I wonder what style sideburn stef has gone for - lightning bolt maybe???

I cant wait for stef to let me drive his car, it's going to get a very enthusiastic drive I can assure you :

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2009, 10:58 AM   #122
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Don't forget to organize the UHF hand helds folks, today is your last chance to get a hold of one if you don't already have one, these are absolutely invaluable on cruises and allow for everyone to know what's going on at the same time.

Also just looking at the forecast for tomorrow and it's looking not so great, high teens with a light chance of rain/showers, so don't forget a jacket and maybe a brolly.
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2009, 03:17 PM   #123
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

I have 1 spare UHF RADIO you will need to bring 3AAA alkaline batteries.
1st to post they want to use it can have it for the day..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2009, 03:59 PM   #124
CSV_LS1
I used to have a nice car

Mine hehe
CSV_LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2009, 07:06 PM   #125
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSV_LS1
Mine hehe
No wonder you have so much money, you drive other peoples cars, you borrow their stuff instead of shelling out for it, I might just see if I can't learn something from you LOL.

Also could people please confirm they are coming, I probably should have done this at the start of the week but I've had a really stressful week running around.

Here' one of the things I been busy running around for

Remeber 8:45 we leave, no exceptions, my number is at the bottom in my sig so if you're running late let me know so we can coordinate.

See ya'z all tomorrow.

Stef
Your good looking, kind hearted, shoulda been in the movies, Prez
Old 24-10-2009, 07:29 PM   #126
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Mine hehe
If you cant afford the 3AAA batteries Stef said he would buy them for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTR

Stef
Your good looking, kind hearted, shoulda been in the movies, Prez
An older Scottish guy who guided me through my younger working life always said ''self praise is no recommendation''.

Old 24-10-2009, 07:56 PM   #127
CSV_LS1

Awww thanks Stef. You mind getting me an IC and a mars bar while your there?
Thanks mate :
Old 24-10-2009, 08:50 PM   #128
FORCED F6
VIC The Place to Boost

Cya you all at BP tomorrow,

Oz,
Old 24-10-2009, 10:02 PM   #129
Venom XR Turbo

hmm it seems i may have left my UHF Radios at the snow a couple of months ago... (makes for cool off piste exploration!)
probably should've looked for them before tonight haha

if others can bring any spares i could borrow for the day that would be great.
catch you guys in the morning.

Clint
Old 24-10-2009, 11:24 PM   #130
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom XR Turbo
hmm it seems i may have left my UHF Radios at the snow a couple of months ago... (makes for cool off piste exploration!)
probably should've looked for them before tonight haha

Clint
My son in law may have one I will ask him see what I can find..

Old 25-10-2009, 12:02 AM   #131
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
Awww thanks Stef. You mind getting me an IC and a mars bar while your there?
Thanks mate :

Ye sure no probs mate, what was your CC number and expiry again??
Old 25-10-2009, 12:55 AM   #132
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom XR Turbo

Clint
I have one for you and another spare as well, you will need bring 3AAA alkaline batteries.

Spare UHF Radios.
1. CSV_LS1
2. Venom XR Turbo
3. ??

For those that are running late we will start on Channel 27, we may change this in the morning so listen out if you are playing catch up.

Last edited by SpoolMan; 25-10-2009 at 01:07 AM.
Old 25-10-2009, 06:59 PM   #133
Venom XR Turbo

Well the Club has now officially dumped it's clutch and we're off in one big long black number 11.

I enjoyed today as one of the great cruises i've been on. It was a pleasure meeting everyone, and was good to see people that have a bit of a passion to get into it, safely ofcourse, like myself.

I particularly enjoyed coming into apollo bay with Stef, and also from apollo to lorne with Stef and Theo was great fun. I hope those guys in the focus didn't get too much of a scare. Especially given Theos weapon taxi was flaming out the exhaust on downshifts!! (as was mine so some of you guys tell me!)

Thanks to Stef for organisation - he set a fun yet safe pace well within the limits of the cars so well done. Although Stef you could really let us know when to turn a little earlier all the way through the trip next time mate. bahaha

Cheers all,
Venom
Old 25-10-2009, 07:44 PM   #134
XRQTR
TBA Customs

The first bloody turn off, give me a break, next time I just won't mention any cuties in the cars you're about to pass LOL, and next time I will print out turn by turn directions :

Guys, I'd just like to say first of all thank you to everyone that turned up today, to be honest I kind of figured we wouldn't get all the numbers on the list, but 11 cars for a first off cruise was really good. To be honest I think it worked better as a bigger group may have had more issues when overtaking some of the slower weekend tourist traffic.

Also to anyone else that might be thinking of getting involved, do it, lunch was fairly short but then again we didn't go out for a lunch meeting, we sat around for about half an hour then got back into what we set out to do, and that we did very well.

Secondly I'd like to thank everyone for behaving themselves out there, this can often be an issue but I'm happy to report that today went off without any real hitches, apart from people not following the lead car and then claiming that said car doesn't indicate. I later rectified that by alerting all over the 2 way that I would be turning in a certain direction within a certain number of metres or km's, just to make sure no one missed it

For the guys that didn't show, I'm sure you all had a good reason so no hard feelings, like I said it probably worked out better this way being that it was a pretty long cruise. Next time though folks I will be asking for confirmations as lunches may be booked in advance so will need to know final figures before the event.

Thanks to Theo for holding up everyones rears, mate I know it got a bit boring at times but you did put your hand up LOL and I wasn't going to argue having done those duties in the past :

All in all I think, I hope, I'm pretty sure everyone had a good time, I could have organised it a little better but that's all part of the learning curve I guess. I really just wanted a cruise where you get some really nice twisties with some long straightish stretches thrown in the mix. This was a bit of an intermediate type course and the next ones will get a little more difficult for some, but I think that most are quite capable of driving well enough to be able to cope.

As I said to some of you in future if anyone is unsure of a certain terrain or if it might be a bit challenging for them then by all means please speak out, not everyone is as comfortable or sometimes capable and if we know our limitations we will stay safe always, and that's the most important thing is to keep it safe.

I still haven't uploaded my phone cam pics to my photobucket yet but I will soon and post them up.

Again thank you to everyone that came along and next time we'll do something a little different where maybe people can bring their wives and girlfriends along if they want, a little more passenger friendly LOL

Thanks folks and catch you all again soon
Stef
Old 25-10-2009, 08:21 PM   #135
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Here are the ones I got

Unfortunately we seemed to have unwittingly parked in some kind of Taxi rank :

This is where I thought the day would end up a wash out

but it soon cleared up, overcast still so wasn't plcing any bets just yet

Old 25-10-2009, 08:26 PM   #136
Ozzyiceman
Formula F6 - Hmmmm!

Smile

Stef,

Thanks for organising what I hope will be the first of many 'F6 owners' scenic tours. I'm disappointed that I needed to bail at Geelong to take care of some family business, but up to that point it was good frolic through the country-side. I'm sure the Apollo Bay leg would have been the highlight! Appreciated Theo keeping an eye out up the back too - good team effort guy's. Nice to meet some new faces as well and look forward to doing the whole trip next time.

Dave
'02 Explorer - V6 - Mineral Grey
One Day! '69 RoadRunner or '71 Plymouth Cuda or '66 Pontiac GTO
Too much horsepower is just about enough." - Carroll Shelby
Ozzyiceman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2009, 08:33 PM   #137
747jet
2 4 turning 2 4 burning

we had a top day got to thank you all cant wait for the next one maybe netx one i will drive not my mate lol.
747jet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2009, 12:03 AM   #138
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Well done guys, wish I could have been there. Needed an FG in the mix.
Old 26-10-2009, 12:08 AM   #139
FORCED F6
VIC The Place to Boost

Firstly would like to thank Stef and the other crew who helped organise this, was an amazing day and really enjoyed it! It was nice meeting all you fellas and everyone was friendly and looking to catching up with you all again... As mentioned quite a few F6 owners (from my boys also) backed out but im sure everyone had a good reason to miss out on today

First time ever going on something like this and it was a good experience (Im the youngest too unfortunately so forgive me if I was extra cautious around those bends, etc ) but overall 9/10, the rain did spoil it at the start...

Theo, I really do apologise for waiting up for you, it was only cos I was worried that you got lost or something but next time I wont wait for

And here are some photos from the day, enjoy!

Oz,

Old 26-10-2009, 12:11 AM   #140
FORCED F6
VIC The Place to Boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
Was hoping to see at least a FG. Thought there would have been a Tornado or something as well. Hope you can join us next time
Old 26-10-2009, 12:13 AM   #141
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFORCD
Was hoping to see at least a FG. Thought there would have been a Tornado or something as well. Hope you can join us next time
I was feeling a bit sick (joking) and may not have been able to attend work but my F6 sitting at dealer whilst they attempted to fix dual climate control ruled me out. The stock FG ute they have lent me just would not have fitted in. Once next date confirmed I will put in roster request and will be there 100%!
Old 26-10-2009, 01:30 AM   #142
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
No Jase, this was the Rapid F6 owners club cruise ..lol. 4 of the 11 were yellow... :

=============================================

Thanks to Stef and Theo and the rest of you guys who turned up for a drive.....after a crappy raining day early the weather really came good, I particularly liked the drive along the beach from Apollo Bay to Lorne, you forget how nice it is to drive on a sunny day along a road like that, the view is fantastic, sitting at the back I took plenty of pics from inside my car.
Those kids on the radio where driving me bonkas though.
And yes Stef I found a new tool for letting us know when you make left hand turns from a right hand lane on a freeway with no indicator at 100kph.
Its a hand. :

Below I have link to a photo bucket album, dont worry Stef as you requested I only put the better pics of yourself in, these are the ones with your best profile.

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...se%20Oct%2009/

Last edited by SpoolMan; 26-10-2009 at 01:37 AM.
Old 26-10-2009, 08:21 AM   #143
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Thanks for an absolutely awesome day guys!
And to Stef... Thanks for your planning and choice of route.. Especially loved the drive from Geelong thru Forrest and down into Apollo Bay...
Sorry I had to leave you guys at the Bay to get back to Daylesford.. Strange how it took me double the time to get back there?? (Musta been the traffic??)
Anyhow, great meeting new faces and definitely count me in for the next one!!!
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2009, 09:12 AM   #144
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Well judging by the feedback so far as well as what people commented on the day I would have to say that things are looking good for the club.

I think the next step needs to now be to arrange a time where we can all meet for a drink perhaps and discuss what direction we go from here.

I think maybe in a few weeks we could get together and possibly this time everyone turn up LOL so that we can get a good feel for what everyone is looking for in an F6 club.

Thanks for all the support folks and yes the drives will only get better as time goes by, I'm going to look at AOMC and CAMS affiliations so that we can have our own track days rather than having to tag along with other clubs. This will be I thnk the highlight of the club if we can have our own track days and therefore hold our own events.

I'll start another thread soon asking people for dates when we can all get together and just have a good old talk fest, in the meantime I'll start to look into AOMC and CAMS.

regards
Stef
Old 26-10-2009, 03:12 PM   #145
CSV_LS1

Thanks to Stef and Theo for the great day. The route was a good choice with plenty fun to be had. Here are some happy snaps we took yesterday.

Stef treating everyone with respect as usual

Stef took this pic mark. I think stef is infatuated with you...

Old 26-10-2009, 03:47 PM   #146
F6T
Has V8 envy

Bloody awesome guys - sounds like you had a blast. I would love to be a part of something like this and may have to convince the missus that a trip over on thw boat is warranted for the next one.

So out of everyone there - who had the most insane beast?

edit: wonder what the collective horsepower total was for the group?

GTX35/82r + 82lb injectors
Nizpro 4" exhaust
Plazmaman 1000hp IC/piping/BOV/plenum
Process West surge tank
Crow springs
TEIN super streets
6/4 brembos

TUNED BY BLUEPOWER RACING
F6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2009, 04:13 PM   #147
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
Bloody awesome guys - sounds like you had a blast. I would love to be a part of something like this and may have to convince the missus that a trip over on thw boat is warranted for the next one.

So out of everyone there - who had the most insane beast?

edit: wonder what the collective horsepower total was for the group?
Don't know who had the most insane beast, most insane driver was Mauz (Tom Cruise) he took Nichole along for the drive as well..
Total rwhp say we average each car at 300rwkw some have more some may have less 11 cars that's 3300 rwkw = 4425 rwhp.

Old 26-10-2009, 04:42 PM   #148
cm335

i have to say thankx for a great day yesterday fellas. good to met you all and next time dave can do the driving. stef the roads you picked were great apart from that section of road with the "small" bumps.... dave nearly went through the sunrooof. heheheehe cheers
cm335 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2009, 05:43 PM   #149
RAMD67

Looks like you guys had a great day with some very nice cars! Sorry I couldn't make it but I would have been out of the will if I missed my pops 80ths birthday. I hope to make the next cruise or meet.
Old 26-10-2009, 06:53 PM   #150
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Steff, does the F6 club already exist as an entity?