Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 29-06-2009, 09:23 PM   #91
Rooster
Gimme Shelter

Cool

Managed to dial the cam in today, however Rover sucked up most of the day.
See about chuckin some heads on tomorrow

Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2009, 10:27 PM   #92
b2tf
not here much anymore

As luck would have it, I'll be down that way tomorrow.

"Er yes boss, I am at the correct barracks......":
Old 30-06-2009, 08:53 PM   #93
Rooster
Gimme Shelter

Cool

Managed a bit more today, bloody Rover is going now, except for an air locker leak :
Oil Pan, Timing Cover, Water Pump, Balancer and Drive are now on the BB.
Heads tomorrow........ if I don't get distracted buying an XL Falcon Ute :sm_headba
:sm_headba
Old 08-07-2009, 10:58 PM   #94
Rooster
Gimme Shelter

Cool

Trying to be a bit artistic .... failing miserably

Get the Dizzy sorted and we are grinning for the Engine Dyno!!

Old 08-07-2009, 11:54 PM   #95
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Looks great Ben, going to be one bad-*** sucker!

Daniel
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2009, 11:23 AM   #96
b2tf
not here much anymore

Ben is this thing going to be dyno'ed at 42E? Im doing an ongoing job there and may have to schedule it so I just happen to be there at the same time....
Old 10-07-2009, 07:44 PM   #97
Rooster
Gimme Shelter

Cool

Like the Scoop, sorted ripped the design off

Old 11-07-2009, 12:47 AM   #98
EXR8ED
HO INTERCEPTOR

MAD MAX!! LAST OF THE V8 INTERCEPTORS.
Love it!!

Cheers
Glenn
Body and Visual by HO
My Business GutterGuardGuyAluminium Guttermesh Supply & Installation.
OrsmFordCruisers
R.I.P Wayne Draper
EXR8ED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2009, 10:09 PM   #99
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Good size that engine.

Funny thread, I enjoy checking in and getting updates. Love the whole concept and agree it's a fantastic initative by the Army.

Good work,

tex

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 10:38 PM   #100
Rooster
Gimme Shelter

Cool

Okey Dokey, nearly at the business end. Trans and Tunnel just about sorted.
Also Thought maybe some reinforcement in the front couldn't hurt really.
Still needs a good tidy up, but almost there. Just want it on the ground to start throwing some Hardware in it!

Old 15-07-2009, 10:45 PM   #101
Rooster
Gimme Shelter

Cool

Dan, Wade and associated villians : , I have developed the Phantom Turbo Upgrade Mach 1.2, please contact me during business hours to order. The kit includes a NEW Mack turbo, Silicon Hoses (performed to the correct angles) and aluminum tubing to really make the neighbours jealous.

This system (hard to believe) reduces boost leakage of up to (but not including) 65% : . Peak boost has gone from 15psi at 3000rpm to 24psi at 3500rpm, secondaries aren't happy though. :

The next variant (Phantom 1.3 will include a much smaller carb box, with a correct sealing medium.

Old 16-07-2009, 06:30 PM   #102
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Truly awsome Benny, the plenum box is one epic piece of work.

Sorry for the questions but is the piece of wood on the box a extra or with the kit???
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 07:30 PM   #103
Rooster
Gimme Shelter

Cool

Wade, : very observantly pointed out there Mon frere, the wood is actually enhancing the sealing capabilities of the plenum box as the rubber seal is ineffective at pressures over 18psi (who'd thunk it?) So this item can be offered with the kit in either teak, sandalwood or chep pallet cutoff. Locally made variants can be employed by yourself, however, this will void the "Shotgun Benny's Customs" Warranty. My advice is to use the kit you are given, we know what we are doing here.

On a side note, there is a Kenne Bell kit sitting in the shed just begging to be put onto the Landrover. :evil3:

And back to reality where the air is thinner, trans tunnel work continues. :sm_headba

p.s. need a bench seat for a '63 Falcon Ute, just took on another project :

and this is for Agro
Old 16-07-2009, 09:45 PM   #104
AGRO
KB TECH SUPPORT

OOrrr, thanks mate.
Just on a side note, was thrashing around in the ute today.
It's good to drive a car that still goes strong, on pump fuel might I add!!!!!! .........Hey Dan......

AGRO.
-------------------------------------------
Hp & Money...It's Never Enough.
AGRO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2009, 09:31 AM   #105
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster
Dan, Wade and associated villians : , I have developed the Phantom Turbo Upgrade Mach 1.2, please contact me during business hours to order. The kit includes a NEW Mack turbo, Silicon Hoses (performed to the correct angles) and aluminum tubing to really make the neighbours jealous.

This system (hard to believe) reduces boost leakage of up to (but not including) 65% : . Peak boost has gone from 15psi at 3000rpm to 24psi at 3500rpm, secondaries aren't happy though. :

The next variant (Phantom 1.3 will include a much smaller carb box, with a correct sealing medium.

My god.

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2009, 11:38 PM   #106
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGRO
OOrrr, thanks mate.
Just on a side note, was thrashing around in the ute today.
It's good to drive a car that still goes strong, on pump fuel might I add!!!!!! .........Hey Dan......

AGRO.
Well, when you are making UNDISCLOSED amounts of "PONYPOWER" your engine will last a long time

Perhaps it is time that we saw a dyno sheet. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Daniel
Old 17-07-2009, 11:54 PM   #107
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Ben, the V1.2 kit seems very professionally laid out and well constructed. I am concerned however that the intake plumbing may have inadvertantly priced this masterpiece beyond the reach of my earnings. Is the original kit still available?...... being able to burn through 10+ pallets of tyres in such a short period of time is more than enough grunt-a-bility for me, and miles to much for our ute driving friend.

Please let me now as I am going to work tomorrow with grinder in hand to modify the AU's bodywork to accomodate the new setup.

Daniel
Old 18-07-2009, 01:51 AM   #108
Rooster
Gimme Shelter

Cool I been driving all night my hands are wet on the wheel

Hey you Three clowns, I thought this thread was about me and how cool I am.
Please feel free to ring each other to tease about 98 Octane Vs E98 Hippy Fuel or whatever you Sandgropers drink.
Chris : he with little faith. The big girl is gunna end up strapped to your chassis dyno. Then my friends, let's play the dyno sheet game with some tractive effort numbers.

you'll have to excuse me, Sydney and back today with 10 times more Redbull than any one should drink in one day, plus No-Doze, and now...... finally..... Carlton Draught, thank god.

I felt the need to include the photo of Rosey, because no amount of posing could make one look so hideous.

But the big girl is home and ready to get some good gear thrown at her this week coming.

Thankyou to all the MF's on the Hume who felt the need to flash us continually and drive me into the railing. Your work is truly appreciated, please feel free never to enter my existence again. I am convinced it was free fuel for morons day in Sydney.

Anyway, rambling now (good Led Zep song) these are the highlights of today, next week will be full on. Chrisso, coffee Tuesday my friend.

Old 19-07-2009, 07:06 AM   #109
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster
Wade, : very observantly pointed out there Mon frere, the wood is actually enhancing the sealing capabilities of the plenum box as the rubber seal is ineffective at pressures over 18psi (who'd thunk it?) So this item can be offered with the kit in either teak, sandalwood or chep pallet cutoff. Locally made variants can be employed by yourself, however, this will void the "Shotgun Benny's Customs" Warranty. My advice is to use the kit you are given, we know what we are doing here.
Sensational Benny, I'll go the teak with my kit thanks.

Chris If your listening chuck my bonnet wont be needing it now.

Be interesting to say the least what numbers you get out of her Benny.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2009, 09:00 PM   #110
Rooster
Gimme Shelter

Cool

okay, got a bit done today, steering column alignment is sorted, Engine and Trans are in. Proper Diff in Wednesday with coil overs and the 3 link.
Measure up for the Tailshaft, roll out loom at some stage and go nuts for fuel lines and fittings. Plus plump the brakes and the remote booster to the vacuum pump .......................... phew, : okay maybe leading into next week, just a smidgen.

Scoop needs a massage, not quite straight yet

Temporary Rocker Covers until I finish with the billet girls :hihi:
Old 21-07-2009, 12:10 AM   #111
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

This is my favourite thread on the forums Keep the updates coming. Well done!
Old 22-07-2009, 02:04 AM   #112
Rooster
Gimme Shelter

Cool

Firstly, thankyou to those for their kind words and always helpful advice, bery much appreciated.

Here is the highlights from today;

Wood is the new cool instead of glass ....... I am so flippin tired.... that wasn't even funny. Making stencils out of mdf for the glass makers to make some custom screens for the big girl.

................... And now photobucket drops out for maintenance, wonderful.
more of the photos later
Old 22-07-2009, 02:22 AM   #113
Rooster
Gimme Shelter

Cool

Lucky I have patience and beer.

Okay, back on track, sorted out the steering linkage and column alignment, this was HEAPS of fun :yeees:

Big shout out to the photobucket software jerks, please keep my original photo orientation, as now I have to tilt the screen to see the sailboat.

Cut the hole for the shifter to drop down onto the trans, no cables just rose joints, threaded rod and braces ....... me likes. :1syellow1

Differential and leafs out ................ gone

Just need a cat to swing around the new trans tunnel :hihi:

Leaf springs replaced by trailing arms :

Adjustable coil overs for comfort and ride height settings :

The Fool now has a Moser Full Spool :

And Moser 35 Spline to get it all to the wheels.

Finish some spacing brackets and the slotted rotors and 6 spot calipers go on the rear tomorrow, if everything goes to plan, which it won't ......... as per the norm.
Old 22-07-2009, 08:36 AM   #114
zyweik

damn this project is really moving..

i dunno about other people but I eagerly await updates in this thread.. can't wait to see the finnished product

my hat goes off to you and whoever else is involved in the build.. its a true masterpeice so far
zyweik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2009, 09:55 AM   #115
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Lovin it Ben.

You left out a vital component while you wait for Photobucket, Beer and a McWhopper.

Chris loves 'em

Daniel
Old 22-07-2009, 10:30 PM   #116
b2tf
not here much anymore

I was lucky enough to see this thing in the flesh today and it's going to be a hell of a car when it's done. Awesome workshop setup too - may help you get the ark ready just that little bit quicker Ben. Good to meet you mate, I will have to keep dropping in!
Old 23-07-2009, 01:13 AM   #117
Rooster
Gimme Shelter

Cool

Thankyou gents for your support, I am fairly tired and emotional at this point. 44 Hours on the car this week and it's wednesday night sleep: Hair pulling stuff today too prime possums : , can't wait for beer o'clock on friday!! :

okay, let me get this right, 'cos the grey matter is fried at the minute.
The crossmember on the left is a Mumford link, similar to a watts link, fits between the chassis rails at the rear of the differential for the side to side forces (lateral movement). I say fits .............. like it is supposed to ................... now i have to chop the end and narrow the girl by 13.5mm and change the pitch slightly ............ obviously looking forward to this.

The cross member on the right is for the 3rd arm, like a torque tube setup. Transfers the longitudinal forces back forward to the chassis rails. I knew this had to be narrowed because of the chassis rails we put in from utter fear of the twisty action. Narrow that back to 770mm.

AND....... There is a slight clearance issue with the brakes on the rear which has consequently sprouted a dozen more gray hairs (dont mind, will look like burt reynolds or sean connery when i'm older anyway).

So really, today wasn't fun, did have some AFF visitors which was nice :

one day, when I get it all in, i will show you what i mean
next time gadget......... next time
Old 23-07-2009, 03:17 AM   #118
gocruzin
Ford tragic

That is going to be one hell of a fairlane. Can't wait to see her done big kudos!
Old 23-07-2009, 11:24 PM   #119
Rooster
Gimme Shelter

Cool

okay, today was interesting. Another case of; just because you were sent all the parts, doesn't mean they are the right ones ........... :gren:

Boys from Street Machine were down for the arvo which was cool. Rob and I measured the heads for billet rocket covers and billet catch cans and a billet water/methanol container. billet. :nutsycuck

Then ............ 2 of my lads went to melbourne today to pick up and drop off parts. (David and Leith at Rare Spares, you guys rock! :sm_headba )
And on the way home at Glenrowan Northbound the turbo return line spilt on a 30,000km Ford Ranger. Now I know alot of people at Ford, who work for Ford, who have Fords and these vehicles have bugger all warranty issues :

So went and picked those buggers up and watched the ute get towed to Wangaratta :

.............. we are now at 59 hours this week, no overtime in this job. Had Fat Jacks and a beer on the way home Dan so it got a little better :

Managed a little more today :voldar02:

Old 23-07-2009, 11:52 PM   #120
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

I could go a McWhopper right now.... the Mrs has banned desert at our place so tomorrow I am going to smash 3 x Ultimates just to pay her back!

Ben that **** end looks real spesh, you have some great contacts available to you and this job is steaming along with your and everybodies hard work. I hope that you meet your deadline dude and then cant wait to see that monster over here early next year!

Daniel