Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 10-09-2005, 06:16 PM   #1
Christian

Default Why cant my 92 TX5 handle a Turbo???

This is my first post on this forum so im unsure how to go about getting info on some ideas. Though the simple question that i need to ask is.. Why wont my 2L TX5 handle a Turbo? I see these little pieces of lancers etc. driving around with turbos on their stock engines. Surely my engine could handle a little under a bar of boost with all the essential accessories! Please give me your opinions. Cheers

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2005, 08:11 PM   #2
TX5 GT
Sold one of the Telstars

yeah it will handle one, for how long who knows. Basically the issue would be clutch (slipping) and the compression ratio. They actually used the engine you have in the 2003 Mazdaspeed Protege which was turbo. Also, you would need to upgrade computer, as when you are boosting the computer wont have fuel maps, you could run lean and blow a piston. It isnt worth doing this on FS (your engine) instead use either the KL03 V6 or the KLZE V6 engine and go either single or twin turbo. If you go that way, KL03 bottom end and KLZE heads and cams can apparantly hold around 8PSI.
CAI - SUNROOF - ADJUSTABLE SUSPENSION - SOUND SYSTEM - CRONOS FRONT END - 4SPEED AUTO - 15PSI - EXHAUST - FRONT MOUNT COOLER - HEAVY DUTY BANDS - TORSEN LSD - DYNOED AT 145KW ATW @ 6000RPM everything after 4 speed auto is a typo
TX5 GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2005, 11:54 PM   #3
Christian

Cheers TX5 GT, i had the v6 engine in the back of my mind but i was thinkin mor along the lines a u supercharger.. Actually, Why not both!!! haha
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post