Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-05-2021, 05:34 PM   #91
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Angry Re: Falcon Ecoboost vs EcoLPI - the daily proposition

No cylinder based rego costs here in VIC - costs about $700-odd for rego in regional VIC.

I'm regional 2 so I'd also get a circa $200 discount on rego for a ute but at the expense of much higher toll coats on Melbourne's freeways.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2021, 11:07 PM   #92
DTFRMONT

Default Re: Falcon Ecoboost vs EcoLPI - the daily proposition

Something out of left field - An Aurion, especially in Presara/ZR6 trim or the later Sportivo fully optioned.

Have just got myself a Presara after an FG2 XR6. The V6 has a fair amount of power, and the handling of the later models isn't too bad for a front driver. The fit & finish is excellent, and the features are quite good in the top-spec models, button start, proximity key, an excellent sound system with DAB tuner, xenons, etc...

Economy wise, took it on a trip to Adelaide last week, filled up at Mt Barker on the way home, fuel light came on just when I hit the Ring Road. Proably would have got better mileage if there wasn't as many roadwork slowdowns, or getting stuck behind caravans...
DTFRMONT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 19-05-2021, 10:31 AM   #93
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTFRMONT View Post
Something out of left field - An Aurion, especially in Presara/ZR6 trim or the later Sportivo fully optioned.

Have just got myself a Presara after an FG2 XR6. The V6 has a fair amount of power, and the handling of the later models isn't too bad for a front driver. The fit & finish is excellent, and the features are quite good in the top-spec models, button start, proximity key, an excellent sound system with DAB tuner, xenons, etc...

Economy wise, took it on a trip to Adelaide last week, filled up at Mt Barker on the way home, fuel light came on just when I hit the Ring Road. Proably would have got better mileage if there wasn't as many roadwork slowdowns, or getting stuck behind caravans...
And you can chop barra turbos, miami's and LS's just like the Hulk
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2021, 10:43 AM   #94
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

We had a G6E EcoBoost and EcoLpi. The Ecoboost was amazing on the highway and around town. I've driven to Melbourne to Sydney on a single tank easily.

The EcoLpi did the towing as it could do the full 2300kgs rather than the limited 1600kgs. It was smoother than the Ecoboost (suspension was slightly firmer in the Ecoboost). Loved both cars.

If I did it again, I'd get the Ecoboost. LPG is becoming harder to find and the price fluctuations sometimes take away any price benefit of running LPG.
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-05-2021, 01:12 PM   #95
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTFRMONT View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
And you can chop barra turbos, miami's and LS's just like the Hulk
Check out this:

http://j-spec.com.au/lineup/Toyota/B...m%20powerhouse.

Corolla with the Aurion 3.5L V6 crammed into it
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 19-05-2021, 01:31 PM   #96
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Check out this:

Would be interesting to drive. The Aurion was bad enough, imagine that same power and torque in a smaller and lighter car, with smaller tyres.

But if you are going to put a V6 into a small hatch, put it in the middle and make it RWD, like a Renault Clio V6.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2021, 03:01 PM   #97
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Would be interesting to drive. The Aurion was bad enough, imagine that same power and torque in a smaller and lighter car, with smaller tyres.

But if you are going to put a V6 into a small hatch, put it in the middle and make it RWD, like a Renault Clio V6.
Or the BMW 130i with 195kw and 6 speed manual.
I imagine the bmw with rooted suspension buses and $50 Chinese tyres could still go around corners better than one of those Corollas.

FC I was going to suggest a look at the Lexus LS600 hybrid. 300kw and suppose to be good for mid 8s/100km. We get a lot of them here as used imports and 2008-12 models sell from as low as $12k. But I see ones the same age on carsales are 4-5 times that.
smoo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2021, 05:15 PM   #98
DTFRMONT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Check out this:

That would be the ultimate sleeper!

If you left it stock, no cop would give that a second look.....
DTFRMONT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2021, 07:29 AM   #99
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez View Post
We had a G6E EcoBoost and EcoLpi. The Ecoboost was amazing on the highway and around town. I've driven to Melbourne to Sydney on a single tank easily.

The EcoLpi did the towing as it could do the full 2300kgs rather than the limited 1600kgs. It was smoother than the Ecoboost (suspension was slightly firmer in the Ecoboost). Loved both cars.

If I did it again, I'd get the Ecoboost. LPG is becoming harder to find and the price fluctuations sometimes take away any price benefit of running LPG.
Me too,use to own both @ the same time (G6E Ecoboost & a XR6 Ecolpi ute)Ecolpi was a rocket ship!Ecoboost in my op was the pick of the range @ the time,just a great car.