Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 07-04-2010, 07:06 PM   #1
XRCIST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Performance Service on my BA XR6

Well the car just recently hit 120,000kms so it was time for a service. There were a few things i wanted touched up with the tune aswell so i headed down to Bluepower for a Performance Service (Including an Auto service) and also a retune.

People have been getting good results with this level of servicing and i thought the car deserved to be pampered, nothing wrong with a bit of TLC lol.

Firstly, Chris ran the car on the dyno so we could get a baseline figure. 163.7rwkw came up which was spot on with the last time it got tuned. Since then ive changed the exhaust to the twin 2.5" Quad system and also the cat to a 100 Cell unit (Had a ceramic 400 Cell Cat before). I thought the car needed to get retuned to take adavantage of the higher flowing exhaust and looking at the dyno sheet it was definitely needed. The car was running very lean down low (15.3:1!!!!!) and also a little in the top part of the rev range.

With the baseline done, Theo got straight into the performance service, including cleaning the Throttle Body, Intake Manifold (you would be surprised with how much gunk and carbon builds up in these things), de-carboning the valves and a host of other little tricks to get the car running to its optimum.

Back on the dyno and the car ran up to 169rwkw and was running even leaner up top than before. Chris then worked his magic, pumped a little more fuel across the rev range to bring it into the optimum 12.5-12.8 range. With a smidge more timing thrown into the mix aswell, the car spat out 171.8rwkw!!!

Chris also adjusted the shifts, making them much firmer when driving in manual mode, but the car retains its smooth shifting when left in normal drive.

The numbers dont seem like much but you have to really drive it to appreciate the difference. Peak power is one thing but you can see from the graph the gains made under 2500rpm, up to 10% more power at some points. Makes the whole car a much more polished and effortless package. It now picks up even better with less throttle input and up top it feels less strained and more refined. After 4000rpm it really boogies. Stock VY SS Commodores only make between 167-175rwkw so you can imagine how it feels :

Cant speak highly enough of Chris and Theo, they are great guys. I spent the whole day at the workshop and not only did we talk alot of S*** lol but they inlcuded me in everything, not many workshops like that around.

180rwkw is so so close now..............

Cheers
George

XRCIST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2010, 08:50 PM   #2
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

good results guys, 120,000K George jeez you get around
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2010, 09:09 PM   #3
XRCIST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Thanks Jason. I know, the KMs are getting up there now but its never run better. Ive had the car for nearly 7 years now lol. Wouldnt mind a cheap daily 4cyl so i can do abit more work to this and enjoy it on the weekend.
XRCIST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2010, 09:57 PM   #4
ryan2991

Looks the goods, must put this on my to-do list

Tuned by Bluepower
ryan2991 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post