Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 24-03-2007, 06:18 PM   #1
-jjM-
Banned

Default ...The End

after all the work that had been put into it a few weeks ago with the respray, were for nothing unfortunetly...

last night coming home from the last meet point of the cruise, i had an unfortunet accident in the eb. being very wet i pulled over to get some fuel, then as i started to return home which was just around the corner, i noticed that the roads were very wet, with puddles in the groves of the road (this being princess hwy btw) the car started to loose grip of the road easily and being a SS diff and driving at 80ks, it instantly kicked out, only took a few seconds for it to turn around and hit a tree and a light pole on the left rear guard of the car, going 1/3 of the way into the car...ended the ebs life right there...

its a complete write off and is at a salvage lot where it was towed, more to the fact that im thanking my stars to be alive, had it hit my door, i dont think id be making this thread...

luckly i wasnt hurt from anything, i think my leg hit the shifter or somehting cause i have a corky at the top of my leg, and a cut just on my nose from something, head got a bit of a wack, but i think im ok, still cant beleve its happened thow

ill post pictures when i go see it on monday, after the accident last thing i wanted to do was look at it being shooken up and all, all i know is im so sad my beloved car is gone...

RIP EBS
it will be missed

-jjM- is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2007, 06:22 PM   #2
Allen
You win again, gravity!!!

Not good Joe, but at least you are around to tell the tale...

All the best with sorting a new daily... hopefully you can salvage plenty of good bits from the EB.

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2007, 06:22 PM   #3
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Glad you are ok, it could have been much worse.

It can get pretty dangerous out there on wet roads lately, lots of oil and garbage comes out after such long dry spells.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2007, 06:24 PM   #4
EA Ghia

Not good, at least you're alright though! The roads are shocking when it's weather like this, the little 10-15 min showers every hour just make the roads 10x slicker than normal!
EA Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2007, 06:24 PM   #5
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats not good news Joe. Important thing is you're ok. You can always build another E series

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
fairmont1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2007, 06:27 PM   #6
frd_crzer
:D:D

sorry to hear mate. That was a good car its ashame that this has heppened. Good to hear that you are ok.
Old 24-03-2007, 06:27 PM   #7
Hybrid34
|AFordEd|

Sorry to hear that mate, Mum told me not to go out last night, but I guess I was lucky:S, even though it seems I've lost a car, you've lost a car, lets hope there the only ones.

What are you getting now?
3:4:5 LSD diff
JMM Extractors
2.5" Stainless Steel highflow cat
2.5" Exhaust
T5 transmission
Front Slotted rotors
Lowered on Pedders Sports Ryders
....and a cherry scented airfreshner

Speed determines how fast you hit the Traffic Light....Power determines how far you take it with you.
Hybrid34 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2007, 06:27 PM   #8
agony
BLOWN 383 CHEV OWNER

Shame to hear about your car, atleast you are ok.
After all its only a car and they come cheap compared to life.
agony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2007, 06:29 PM   #9
NudgE^SIKBRO
Never late with a V8

so sorry to hear about it joe... i know what its like to loose a car. theres nothing worse. Still good to hear that you arent hurt...

Now we wait to see what next rolls out of the garage of jjM

(Daily)2004 Explorer V8 Limited
(Work) 2014 Kenworth K200 Aerodyne
(Classic) 1969 Mini K, 1340, twin SU's
The beginning is near!!!

Body by Ford. Soul by NudgE
NudgE^SIKBRO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2007, 06:29 PM   #10
LUXO_8
windsor user

ah crap, not good at all joe, as mentioned above, glad to hear that you're ok.......
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2007, 06:31 PM   #11
frd_crzer

the one night that everyone went to catch up on an official meet this happens not only to a member to a bloody good member.
Old 24-03-2007, 06:34 PM   #12
yahoo189

I know what you mean. My rear tyres didn't have much tread on them and I found my self frequently sideways when I was not intending to. I was'nt drivig stupidly either. I just got my pink slip today and they said I needed new tyres so now I have a fresh set. GOOD TO SEE YOUR STILL ALIVE
yahoo189 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2007, 06:38 PM   #13
FairmontEL
Driftin shopping trolleys

tough luck joe sad to see the eb go.. look at the bright side your ok and you didnt have any passengers!!! :

04 BA XR6T ute
FairmontEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2007, 06:40 PM   #14
Dezza
Parts bin special

That's terrible news Joe, particularily after all the work that went into it. Glad, you walked away from the accident though, as cars can be replaced. Unfortunately, people can't. Still, that is really sad news. Hope you can find a good replacement for it soon

I saw an AU wagon on the way to Bayswater yesterday. The wagon had also lost it in the wet and cleaned up a sign. There was an ambulance at the scene. This just goes to show how dangerous the roads were last night. I was driving like a grandma, but I was still struggling for traction at times.

Daily 2010 FG XR50T ute - Lightning Strike
6 speed manual, XR8 bonnet, hardlid, Streetfighter airbox

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2007, 06:48 PM   #15
tuffnc
aka SHY4D aka Patty

the only good thing here is that your in one piece mate..unfortunate about the car though. car can be replaced but not a life.....once again good to c your ok mate
tuffnc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2007, 06:52 PM   #16
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

**** man no good , im glad to see you werent injured badly, e series can be replaced, lives cant!
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - 255/35/19 - 275/35/19
Shockworks Coilovers
PITLANE AUTOMOTIVE & PERFORMANCE
Grechie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2007, 06:52 PM   #17
frd_crzer

joe if u ever need help working on your project car give me and mark_td a call and we willcome down and help you
Old 24-03-2007, 06:54 PM   #18
Steady ED
Banned

I know exactly how you're feeling right now joe.
***** of a thing to happen, just glad you're alright man.
spewing it had to happen after all the work on the car :(
take it easy mate.
Steady ED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2007, 06:56 PM   #19
Rollin
Banned

Right after a respray! how gheyness!

Another beautiful E series bites the dust :( at least you are ok, and it sounds like you should be able to salvage most of the stuff from the car, wheels, any engine mods etc.

At least you stoved in the rear!
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2007, 06:56 PM   #20
frd_crzer

the same thing happened to me and mark_td in his EA. We heading to glen maggie didnt even get out of hoppers crossing when we wrote his car off.
Old 24-03-2007, 07:01 PM   #21
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That sucks Joe.
Old 24-03-2007, 07:07 PM   #22
-jjM-
Banned

one thing that really ****ed me off was the fact i was stumpling across the road to the other side and just to watch car after car after car just drive strieght past me, i remember a time when i saw someone completly flip there car, i didnt take any hesitations and stoped and first thing i made sure of was that everyone was ok, mabye its just the people in my area of the fact that it was wet

one person from one of the houses came running over to my aid, this man had just jumped out of bed by the looks if it with just a pair of shorts on in the freezing cold, i visited the man today to give my thanks as well as a bottle of beam, i could of sworn he was drunk when he came and brought me back into his house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid34
What are you getting now?
today been looking at probly getting a car for work as i was going to sell the eb in due time, i also have the EA turbo out the back which is now priority 1 to put it back together and get it back on the road,, everyone probly says it, but im not exacly jumping for joy to get back into a car lol...
Old 24-03-2007, 07:14 PM   #23
-jjM-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin
Right after a respray! how gheyness!

Another beautiful E series bites the dust :( at least you are ok, and it sounds like you should be able to salvage most of the stuff from the car, wheels, any engine mods etc.

At least you stoved in the rear!
exacly, im absoulty spewing because of all the work me and my old man went thru to fix the front of the car to get the bonnets to close and getting the guards to fix, another thing im spewing over is that was the only good photo i got of the car since the respray.........i miss the car already

because i was coming home from last nights cruise too, my brother EDXR6T was with me to some of the points, he decided to catch a life home with someone else, thank god he did cause the passenger side was crumbled.....all i can say is thank the hevans myself and others wernt hurt...
Old 24-03-2007, 07:15 PM   #24
frd_crzer

today been looking at probly getting a car for work as i was going to sell the eb in due time, i also have the EA turbo out the back which is now priority 1 to put it back together and get it back on the road,, everyone probly says it, but im not exacly jumping for joy to get back into a car lol...[/QUOTE]

joe if u ever need a hand to get the EA turbo on the road give me a bell and me and mark will come and help u get it on the road
Old 24-03-2007, 07:17 PM   #25
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by -jjM-
one thing that really ****ed me off was the fact i was stumpling across the road to the other side and just to watch car after car after car just drive strieght past me, i remember a time when i saw someone completly flip there car, i didnt take any hesitations and stoped and first thing i made sure of was that everyone was ok, mabye its just the people in my area of the fact that it was wet

one person from one of the houses came running over to my aid, this man had just jumped out of bed by the looks if it with just a pair of shorts on in the freezing cold, i visited the man today to give my thanks as well as a bottle of beam, i could of sworn he was drunk when he came and brought me back into his house

today been looking at probly getting a car for work as i was going to sell the eb in due time, i also have the EA turbo out the back which is now priority 1 to put it back together and get it back on the road,, everyone probly says it, but im not exacly jumping for joy to get back into a car lol...
I can relate to a lot of this as it reminds me of when I had my big crash back in 2002, the major one. It really shook me up but I got back behind the wheel the very next day. Luckily, I escaped with nothing more than a scratched knee (from where it slammed into the dash) but it does take a while to get over it. Good on you for giving the bottle of Beam to the bloke who helped you. One thing I regret about my accident (besides the fact I regret I had the accident in the first place), was that I never got any of the details of the bloke who drove me home. I really wanted to thank him properly for the help. Hope it doesn't take you long to get over this.

Daily 2010 FG XR50T ute - Lightning Strike
6 speed manual, XR8 bonnet, hardlid, Streetfighter airbox

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2007, 07:23 PM   #26
frd_crzer

i was like that when i was in the car acciedent 1 bloke came over to see if we were ok i said yes (but at the time i didnt get his name or address as a witness and to thank him properly due to shock) and then he stayed for a bit untill family friends etc got there and they left
Old 24-03-2007, 07:27 PM   #27
JTFG
In a Ford..at last!

Jeez sorry to hear that Joe but the main thing is your okay, still shocking news!
JTFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2007, 07:47 PM   #28
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sorry to hear about the accident joe

one good thing is the fact pat decided to have a ride with someone else for the latter part of the cruise

if you need a hand with the ea give me a yell ill be glad to lend a hand or give a drinking partner

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2007, 07:52 PM   #29
Stevo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ouch, sorry to hear about that. Cant say i really know your car, but from the photo it looked pretty shmick.
Good time for a new project eh! Start thinking about that and it will keep your spirits up.
Old 24-03-2007, 07:53 PM   #30
-jjM-
Banned

thanks for the assistance with getting the EA up and running everyone but it will be fine, basicly it just needs a new dump pipe and piping for the turbo which is all streight foward, found someone who will tig them together for me, if anyone can get me cheap silicon joiners that would be great lol....