Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-04-2005, 10:16 PM   #1
*rayman*
454 Power

Default Anyone heard of this new DYNO TAG concept? It sounds awesome!!!

Was chatting with a customer of mine today, whose looking to install another dyno dynamics dyno soon, and wants me to get the computer side of it up and running. I'm thrilled to be able to learn some new stuff about dyno's.

He was telling me about a guy thats just bought a BIG shed in NSW somewhere, has bought 7 dyno dynamics dyno's and put them all in a row beside each other. Has a cage fitted around each dyno. 3 sides of these cages have projectors screens fitted to them.

The dyno's are linked to a computer system, to control the dyno (obviously)and projectors and other stuff.

The purpose of this is that you can put your car on the dyno, select an environment in which to race (ie: drag strip, bathurst simulation, street circuit, etc etc). You choose an opponent on one of the other dyno's, and the software will match you two up in competition.

Apparently the software is pretty good, with features like wind resistance factored in for hills etc, to load the dyno up more etc. The projectors will show the opponents car on your walls of the cage when going past buildings etc in street circuit mode and stuff....

Apparently there is going to be a couple of places set up with these facilities in australia, and will also be one or more placed in the states, so you can race an oversea's opponent.

Vehicles will be fitted with an interactive chip similiar to the e-toll chips to identify and update data for each vehicle.

The guy developing this is very rich apparently and this is his passion. Is designed to get the racers off the streets, and into a controlled environment.

I personally think this is an awesome project and would love to be involved in it's development if given the opportunity.

So anyone heard of it? It's really taking motorsports and computer games to the next level.

TOY - 68 SS 454 Camaro

Last edited by *rayman*; 20-04-2005 at 10:39 PM.
*rayman* is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post