Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 13-07-2013, 05:22 PM   #1
glennn
Starter Motor

Default 3 out of 4

my car is an auto and is idleing about 700 and is very rough, when i put it into drive rpm goes down then stops , i listen to the 4 injectors with a scew driver and its sounds ok i then check each spark plug for spark also ok but if i remove the plug terminal for each injector, 3 out of 4 just about stalls the engine, number one cylinder if i remove electrical plug to injector it makes no difference to the engine rpm and sound , i swapped spark plugs and injector to eliminate problem still numbwer 1 cylinder seems tobe and maybehas no compresson, i dont have a comprresion tester , i have changed the head gasket preaviously after it overheated but is there anyway 1 out of 3 has no compresson unless the rings were blown?

glennn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #2
Simple6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Tech article on rear bushes. 
Default Re: 3 out of 4

What if the wiring to the injector is faulty? Do you have a multimeter you could test the wiring with? Or you could take it to an auto electrician and tell him that something is wrong with cylinder one and ask him to test the wiring for the injector and spark.
Old 13-07-2013, 11:08 PM   #3
glennn
Starter Motor

Thanks, i shall put a 12 globe in parallel to it tomarrow i have a multimeter and i chheck it out. Thanks
Old 14-07-2013, 05:12 PM   #4
glennn
Starter Motor

hi im 99.9 percent shore its not faulty wires to that particular injector , if you put a scewdriver to your ear and listen you hear it energising a clater about 5 to the second if your remove and then replace the 12 v plug to it you can deffinetly hear the difference, but still no change in rpm, even if you put a multimeter on it the meter would show abot 12 v there is a current limiter in series with each solenoid , you would not see the pulse on a normal meter because it would be to fast i would imagine. i have put a globe across an injector and it half glows due to the elemment not getting bright before its turned back of again in rapid response. tomarrows another day with another idea.