Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-03-2018, 10:24 AM   #31
saturnine_07

Default Re: Blueprint crate motors

Great customer service here by Blueprint, taking the time to go in-depth on answers to questions from someone who's not a buyer.
saturnine_07 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 23-03-2018, 11:49 AM   #32
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: He continually offers Technical Advice that is based on years of experience and knowledge he has gained along the way. The advice has ranged from replies to questions across the various Threads to seeking information from OP and taking that away to undert 

Asking questions for others who may not know to ask and nobody went in depth for those answers. If that is digging deep, somebody doesn't know their product line, or have it easily searchable on file. Many questions are still unanswered. Would you fork out $8K to an outfit who not only limits the information up front, but then is unwilling to make key information public to thousands of potential buyers on this site?

Did you buy that sales pitch as to why it is okay to go +.040 on a standard factory 302W block? I still don't get it and there was no attempt to address that.

Still haven't heard what kind of flow bench is used. But, the software is what makes it accurate. Ok.

Did you catch the sales speak as to why specific suppliers aren't listed up front? The first answer is "it takes up to 6 months to geta change in print". Then when pushing for specifics here, the answer for many parts is, they are basically "BluePrint" parts.

Does anyone understand why that isn't made known up front? That creates a ton of questions for me. Starting if it is BluePrint stuff, why the story of delay in changes to print ads?

The obfuscation of these aren't $15K, 9,000 rpm race motors. That is a laughable statement right there. Race motor, $15K and 9,000 rpm are oxymorons. Somehow, asking specific questions means someone is looking for a race motor...? Comes across as an attempt at changing the subject.

Can't give rod weights. That's crazy.

Can't give specifics on cam shaft. Really?

Plenty of un-answered and a clear exit from continued Q&A.

Right I am not a buyer. But there are plenty of potential buyers here who deserve to know the details, even if at this point in time they are not aware of the importance of this information.
solarite_guy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 23-03-2018, 12:04 PM   #33
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Not to metion the warranty discrepancy, the warranty is piece of mind on an 8k purchase.
If the questions weren't asked and the OP made his purchase through Eagle he would have been under the impression that his warranty was on their terms of 12 months.
Interesting that Blueprint weren't aware that one of their distributors isnt offering their full 30 month 50k mile.
It would be fair to say that any warranty issues after 12 months or 20k kilometers will need to be directed to the manufacturer, which to their credit Blueprint have suggested is perfectly fine, but it complicates it to a certain degree.
If nothing else, as a result of this thread Blueprint can discuss this with Eagle and perhaps adjust accordingly.

I dont see the issue with anything posted so far, the OP posed a question, SG who clearly knows his stuff gave his opinion on what was presented and BP came to the party to provide their case.

My2c.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 23-03-2018, 12:21 PM   #34
BluePrint Engines
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarite_guy View Post
Asking questions for others who may not know to ask and nobody went in depth for those answers. If that is digging deep, somebody doesn't know their product line, or have it easily searchable on file. Many questions are still unanswered. Would you fork out $8K to an outfit who not only limits the information up front, but then is unwilling to make key information public to thousands of potential buyers on this site?

Did you buy that sales pitch as to why it is okay to go +.040 on a standard factory 302W block? I still don't get it and there was no attempt to address that.

Still haven't heard what kind of flow bench is used. But, the software is what makes it accurate. Ok.

Did you catch the sales speak as to why specific suppliers aren't listed up front? The first answer is "it takes up to 6 months to geta change in print". Then when pushing for specifics here, the answer for many parts is, they are basically "BluePrint" parts.

Does anyone understand why that isn't made known up front? That creates a ton of questions for me. Starting if it is BluePrint stuff, why the story of delay in changes to print ads?

The obfuscation of these aren't $15K, 9,000 rpm race motors. That is a laughable statement right there. Race motor, $15K and 9,000 rpm are oxymorons. Somehow, asking specific questions means someone is looking for a race motor...? Comes across as an attempt at changing the subject.

Right I am not a buyer. But there are plenty of potential buyers here who deserve to know the details, even if at this point in time they are not aware of the importance of this information.
This is a very unfair and over critical statement about a company representative taking the time to address questions related to our products for possible customers. You tore us apart for multiple post without even having interacted with us in any way in the past. I'm sorry you feel your questions were dodged, but its apparent to myself and others, that you weren't really satisfied with any answer given, and found something unsatisfactory and "laughable" about most of the information given.

We're a huge company, that cares about our customers, and we provide a fabulous warranty. And we have thousands, of thousands of engines operating flawlessly in the world. If we sold five thousand SBF engines, all .040, and have never seen a cracked cylinder wall, then that would stand to reason my answer given wasn't " just a sales pitch"

We don't do business with Summit, Jegs, Facrory Five, Eagle, and all the nations other top performance retailers because we're a fly by night operation.

Hopefully anyone else reading this will see the effort we take to reach out to customers, and promote our product.

solarite_guy I wish you luck in the hobby. I am not here to get into any type of argument. To each their own, we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Johnny M
Director of New Project Development
Johnny@BluePrintEngines.com
www.BluePrintEngines.com
BluePrint Engines is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-03-2018, 12:27 PM   #35
BluePrint Engines
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Not to metion the warranty discrepancy, the warranty is piece of mind on an 8k purchase.
If the questions weren't asked and the OP made his purchase through Eagle he would have been under the impression that his warranty was on their terms of 12 months.
Interesting that Blueprint weren't aware that one of their distributors isnt offering their full 30 month 50k mile.
It would be fair to say that any warranty issues after 12 months or 20k kilometers will need to be directed to the manufacturer, which to their credit Blueprint have suggested is perfectly fine, but it complicates it to a certain degree.
If nothing else, as a result of this thread Blueprint can discuss this with Eagle and perhaps adjust accordingly.

I dont see the issue with anything posted so far, the OP posed a question, SG who clearly knows his stuff gave his opinion on what was presented and BP came to the party to provide their case.

My2c.
We don't ask any of our resellers to cover our warranty. We're happy to work direct with customers. Eagle sells their own engines also. Its probably a case of them offering their own warranty for their engines. I'll confirm with them, but the fact remains 50k miles, 30 months direct from BluePrint.
Old 23-03-2018, 01:34 PM   #36
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: He continually offers Technical Advice that is based on years of experience and knowledge he has gained along the way. The advice has ranged from replies to questions across the various Threads to seeking information from OP and taking that away to undert 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePrint Engines View Post
T'm sorry you feel your questions were dodged, but its apparent to myself and others, that you weren't really satisfied with any answer given, and found something unsatisfactory and "laughable" about most of the information given.
Totally avoidable for reasons cited.
2 users like this post:
Old 23-03-2018, 02:58 PM   #37
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
I'll confirm with them.
Right, so something has been achieved from this, you've been made aware of a discrepancy and intend to clarify that.
2 users like this post:
Old 23-03-2018, 04:07 PM   #38
Bossxr8
Peter Car

I did like the way he said some parts were from asia, and some parts are cast "overseas".

Nice way of avoiding the word China.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 23-03-2018, 09:39 PM   #39
bundy bruiser

a friend got a Pavtek package engine last year, great motor
bundy bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-03-2018, 09:50 PM   #40
xm289
formerly millenium_falcon

johnny, I am the OP and appreciate you taking the time to answer questions address here, not too many companies interact directly with users so i am impress that you've taken the time to respond.
I have found suppliers here in Australia are offering warranties of 2 months up to 12 months.
My concerns are that i have a tight budget and don't want to find that after spending 10k i have to spend more due to poor quality
xm289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2018, 12:12 AM   #41
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xm289 View Post
johnny, I am the OP and appreciate you taking the time to answer questions address here, not too many companies interact directly with users so i am impress that you've taken the time to respond.
I have found suppliers here in Australia are offering warranties of 2 months up to 12 months.
My concerns are that i have a tight budget and don't want to find that after spending 10k i have to spend more due to poor quality
is cool some boofhead from o/s jumps in here

solid local builders are straight up and no chinesy

spend your money local
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2018, 12:13 AM   #42
BluePrint Engines
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xm289 View Post
Thanks for reaching back out. Our Quality is top notch, and with a 30 month warranty to back it up.

Again i can't state enough that we have thousands of these engines in the market... they do great for our customers.

Good luck with your project either way. My email is in the thread if I can help further.
Old 24-03-2018, 12:14 AM   #43
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
I did like the way he said some parts were from asia, and some parts are cast "overseas".

Nice way of avoiding the word China.

Firstly, I think some of you guys are being a bit harsh. I don't think BPE crate motors are built to install in a nitro funny car or the like. In most of the cases I've encountered they were bought to replace a tired motor where the owner thought if easier to just remove and replace, rather than go through the sometimes problematical exercise of a full rebuild.

And products made in China to the specifications of a customer are as good as anywhere. I spent 22 years in the watch industry and for the last 40 years around 90% of the worlds watches have been made in mainland China to the specifications supplied by the customer (including all the big names). During my last 5 years in the watch industry I had my own brand of 10/20 bar WR watches manufactured there in 316 grade stainless steel. I gave a 5 year warranty and had a return rate of less than 2%, and in nearly all cases the problem was caused by customer misuse.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2018, 12:22 AM   #44
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Thanks for reaching back out. Our Quality is top notch, and with a 30 month warranty to back it up.

Again i can't state enough that we have thousands of these engines in the market... they do great for our customers.

Good luck with your project either way. My email is in the thread if I can help further.
040 no sonic test??

basic reco sh hole with hopes for the best

you are a pump and dump mob
Old 24-03-2018, 12:39 AM   #45
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
Firstly, I think some of you guys are being a bit harsh. I don't think BPE crate motors are built to install in a nitro funny car or the like.
I don't think anyone is expecting these to serve as a race engine. That is a misdirect by the BPE rep.

Asking for specifics is simply that.

Refusing to answer basic questions and providing non-answers raises doubts and concerns. Providing 2 different answers on multiple questions causes worse concerns.

The repeated claim of no cracked blocks doesn't help the situation for a couple reasons.

If true that still doesn't negate greater potential for overheating in stop/go traffic during a hot Aussie summer.

If true? That's another question. Where do these stats come from? Are they verifiable and how are they gathered?

Simply touting the names of outfits who carry the engines doesn't do much to build my faith in some of the products offered by those outfits.

A constant refusal to answer questions directly and of concern are what continues to create doubt.
3 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2018, 01:52 AM   #46
BluePrint Engines
Starter Motor

Quote:
I don't think anyone is expecting these to serve as a race engine. That is a misdirect by the BPE rep.

Asking for specifics is simply that.

Refusing to answer basic questions and providing non-answers raises doubts and concerns. Providing 2 different answers on multiple questions causes worse concerns.

The repeated claim of no cracked blocks doesn't help the situation for a couple reasons.

If true that still doesn't negate greater potential for overheating in stop/go traffic during a hot Aussie summer.

If true? That's another question. Where do these stats come from? Are they verifiable and how are they gathered?

Simply touting the names of outfits who carry the engines doesn't do much to build my faith in some of the products offered by those outfits.

A constant refusal to answer questions directly and of concern are what continues to create doubt.
The questions you received answers to, you picked apart as non-sufficient, and gave even greater criticism to. You had formed your opinion of our company before we even registered on here to defend ourselves. By the end of the first reply I had been criticized for everything from my punctuation, to our online listings. So you rejected every answer given, cited the few that I have never even been asked before like "valve seat pocket volume" and continued to beat us up. That says to me its a no win situation. I'm not here to argue. If I honestly felt taking a bare head casting and measuring the guide cut-out would make you a believer, I would. But you would just find something wrong with the way it was done. You also have strong opinions on .040, and reject my responses. So again, you're calling it Q&A, when its actually "Ask questions just to further beat them up". I myself am a drag racer, and have hand built my own 10K RPM smallblocks. If BluePrint wasn't a company I trusted, and could stand behind, I wouldn't be with them. Is that biased? sure...just like the paragraphs before this one just "looking" for things to pick apart and beat up. I'm sorry you so strongly dislike the way either I'm addressing questions, or crate engines in general. You have your strong opinions, and I have mine. I wish you all the best.
Old 24-03-2018, 01:53 AM   #47
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Agree the biggest problem is + 40 ....Jim at fordstrokers builds heaps of these things and says anymore than +30 without sonic checking is asking for trouble , can't understand why you would take them all to + 40 unless your trying to save a few blocks already +30

Just look at all the stroker kits that supply +30 piston.....If +40 was safe wouldn't that be offered as an option ?

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
PooDog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2018, 01:59 AM   #48
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The questions you received answers to, you picked apart as non-sufficient, and gave even greater criticism to. You had formed your opinion of our company before we even registered on here to defend ourselves. By the end of the first reply I had been criticized for everything from my punctuation, to our online listings. So you rejected every answer given, cited the few that I have never even been asked before like "valve seat pocket volume" and continued to beat us up. That says to me its a no win situation. I'm not here to argue. If I honestly felt taking a bare head casting and measuring the guide cut-out would make you a believer, I would. But you would just find something wrong with the way it was done. You also have strong opinions on .040, and reject my responses. So again, you're calling it Q&A, when its actually "Ask questions just to further beat them up". I myself am a drag racer, and have hand built my own 10K RPM smallblocks. If BluePrint wasn't a company I trusted, and could stand behind, I wouldn't be with them. Is that biased? sure...just like the paragraphs before this one just "looking" for things to pick apart and beat up. I'm sorry you so strongly dislike the way either I'm addressing questions, or crate engines in general. You have your strong opinions, and I have mine. I wish you all the best.
see below

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
040 no sonic test??

basic reco sh hole with hopes for the best

you are a pump and dump mob
Old 24-03-2018, 02:06 AM   #49
BluePrint Engines
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzman View Post
Agree the biggest problem is + 40 ....Jim at fordstrokers builds heaps of these things and says anymore than +30 without sonic checking is asking for trouble , can't understand why you would take them all to + 40 unless your trying to save a few blocks already +30

Just look at all the stroker kits that supply +30 piston.....If +40 was safe wouldn't that be offered as an option ?
We do NOT use any previously bored blocks. That was an incorrect statement made by another poster. When we can standardize parts, we can pass savings onto the end user. If we can do that reliably, and safely, its a win win. With .040 pistons/bores we greatly cut down on our core rejection. When we can shelve less differing parts (like different bore pistons) it cuts production and assembly time/cost. With no ill effects noted on our testing, warranty research, and our experience, we have little reason to not go .040.

I'm sorry if thats a no-go for many small builders, or other vendors. Its simply not what we have found to be true.

We do offer a 427 SBF with a brand new dart block for someone that wants the assurance of a new block.

Hope that adds some reassurance
Old 24-03-2018, 02:08 AM   #50
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
By the end of the first reply I had been criticized for everything from my punctuation, to our online listings. So you rejected every answer given, cited the few that I have never even been asked before like "valve seat pocket volume"
Where, Ford in lower case? Yes, this is a Ford site.

Also, I accepted plenty of your answers and confirmed they are good suppliers or good sources.

Not "valve seat pocket volume". The depth of the valve seats. Two very different things.

I am sorry, changing the subject to the poster does not answer the questions.

I know I wouldn't fork out $8K without reasonable and non-conflicting answers.
Old 24-03-2018, 02:15 AM   #51
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
We do NOT use any previously bored blocks. That was an incorrect statement made by another poster. When we can standardize parts, we can pass savings onto the end user. If we can do that reliably, and safely, its a win win. With .040 pistons/bores we greatly cut down on our core rejection. When we can shelve less differing parts (like different bore pistons) it cuts production and assembly time/cost. With no ill effects noted on our testing, warranty research, and our experience, we have little reason to not go .040.

I'm sorry if thats a no-go for many small builders, or other vendors. Its simply not what we have found to be true.

We do offer a 427 SBF with a brand new dart block for someone that wants the assurance of a new block.

Hope that adds some reassurance
040 is a cop out and i call bs on your previous not bored block claims
Old 24-03-2018, 02:18 AM   #52
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
We do NOT use any previously bored blocks. That was an incorrect statement made by another poster.
That is what results from non-answers.

Quote:
With .040 pistons/bores we greatly cut down on our core rejection.
How?

BPE wants $8K a pop from folks here, yet wont provide basic answers.
3 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2018, 02:21 AM   #53
BluePrint Engines
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
040 is a cop out and i call bs on your previous not bored block claims
You guys are brutal. I can assure you we start with complete, virgin cores. We're far too big of an operation to be taking any non-virgin blocks and figuring out what was done to them. The production delays would be immense. What exactly would we be "copping out" of with a .040 bore? Why would we develop and sell engines that we felt were issue prone, just to then offer a 30 month warranty on them?
2 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2018, 02:29 AM   #54
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

That's a sales pitch.

How does going +040 reduce core rejection?
3 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2018, 02:32 AM   #55
TICKFORD220
2009 Fg xr6 turbo

Sorry blueprint I don't know how to do a link mate,if you go to eagles site yourself just click on their engine warranty disclosure and it tells you all about it.
Im not right up on the ins and outs of what is being asked of your engines on this forum but I agree your warranty that your factory offers is very good on a rebuilt motor and surely you wouldn't offer it if you were expecting engines to be coming back and costing you $$$$$$
TICKFORD220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2018, 02:36 AM   #56
BluePrint Engines
Starter Motor

Quote:
That's a sales pitch.

How does going +040 reduce core rejection?
what other possible reason would we have to go .040? other than to reduce core rejection? the extra cylinder bore sometimes cleans up a bore that we wouldn't attempt to use at .030. Now, i know you knew the answer to that question, so I'm awaiting to see what issue you take with it.
Old 24-03-2018, 02:37 AM   #57
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You guys are brutal. I can assure you we start with complete, virgin cores. We're far too big of an operation to be taking any non-virgin blocks and figuring out what was done to them. The production delays would be immense. What exactly would we be "copping out" of with a .040 bore? Why would we develop and sell engines that we felt were issue prone, just to then offer a 30 month warranty on them?
no sonics

grab a seat over there in the corner
Old 24-03-2018, 02:39 AM   #58
BluePrint Engines
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TICKFORD220 View Post
Sorry blueprint I don't know how to do a link mate,if you go to eagles site yourself just click on their engine warranty disclosure and it tells you all about it.
Im not right up on the ins and outs of what is being asked of your engines on this forum but I agree your warranty that your factory offers is very good on a rebuilt motor and surely you wouldn't offer it if you were expecting engines to be coming back and costing you $$$$$$
Talked with an eagle representative last night. That is a warranty they offer in house, on every engine they sell. They sell other MFG's, that don't have a warranty as long as ours, so they offer thier own also.

Our warranty is longer, so you have ours from the get-go, and get the full 30 months. I'll post our warranty link again.

https://blueprintengines.com/pages/warranty
2 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2018, 02:53 AM   #59
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

What does this mean?

*Warranty coverage on engines purchased for use in Australia carries a 90-day warranty from date of sale.
Old 24-03-2018, 02:55 AM   #60
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Talked with an eagle representative last night. That is a warranty they offer in house, on every engine they sell. They sell other MFG's, that don't have a warranty as long as ours, so they offer thier own also.

Our warranty is longer, so you have ours from the get-go, and get the full 30 months. I'll post our warranty link again.

https://blueprintengines.com/pages/warranty

you are a baseline bs reco pump and dump mob