Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 06:57 PM   #121
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue
Was there a second set of keys somewhere? Was it bought second hand and a previous owner kept a set?
i only ever got one set, now you mention it, and being naive at the time i did not think to ask the car yard why??

thanks for the replies guys, the vast majority of people here are really good friends to me, even the ones i have not met!

BlueBeast II thanks for the offer, but ill be ok in a few months. i might be in a mess at the moment, but then again who isnt at some point?? if i had not lost my phone a few weeks back this wouldnt be so bad. a few months from now and ill be good. thanks again for such a suggestion though!
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:16 PM   #122
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Well if someone else has the second set of keys it make it very easy for them to take your car. I'd advise the police you never had the other set and they ask the previous owner and or car yard a few questions. It's not unknown especially if the car was repossessed from the previous owner and they have a 'if I can't have my car nobody else can either attitude' for a previous owner to take and destroy a car.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:43 PM   #123
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

its been nearly two years since i bought the car though? checked last rego'd owner from my files, was bank of queensland? cant see a bank being too revenge-orientated towards it though..
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:03 PM   #124
seedywagon
IWCMOGTVM club supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue
Well if someone else has the second set of keys it make it very easy for them to take your car. I'd advise the police you never had the other set and they ask the previous owner and or car yard a few questions. It's not unknown especially if the car was repossessed from the previous owner and they have a 'if I can't have my car nobody else can either attitude' for a previous owner to take and destroy a car.
Yeh, I would seriously chase this up
Don't do it directly, get the Police involved
K&N panel filter - XR6T Snorkel - F6 Typhoon CAI - BFXR6T 17inch Rims - RDA Slotted Rotors- Kings SL Front, SSL rear - XR shocks - Straight-through rear muffler - Blue Dash Conversion - Premium Sound Speakers - Colour-coded mirror scalps - 3.45:1 Diff Gears - Leather interior - Premium 6-stack colour ICC

FOR SALE - PM for details

Build Thread
Old 05-04-2010, 11:14 PM   #125
MAV50L
Banned

Its not uncommon for you to only get one set of keys for a car , especially when its traded in.
The cars I have had 2 sets of keys for before have generally been because the spare set have been what I have had cut for myself. I have never got 2 sets of keys with a second hand car.
When taking the car down on trade in day the second set of keys buried in the sock draw are the last thing on your mind. Most of my spare keys are still floating around the house somewhere. They just get chucked in the bin when they turn up 5 years after I have got rid of the car.
Personally I would not mention only have one set of keys for it until the insurance company asks , if they even do. If you do start looking into it , it could open a can of worms with an investigation that will slow your payout down.
Its all well and good to think someone has done something dodgy and you will catch them but he truth is you never will on your own and if you do you cant prove a thing. It wont fix the car , but could hold up your payout putting you further out of pocket.
Just let sleeping dogs lie..................
The situation sucks , but dont possibly make it harder on yourself.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:31 PM   #126
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1streetmachine1
no good mate, would be shattered if it happened to me this might sounds harsh but what happend to " dont buy ******** you cant afford"?
As stated before, he could afford it, but when something like this comes along thats not ordinary & kicks you over, sometimes thats it, your done for.

I dont think 1sm1 youll ever be a millionare, how do you think millions are made? How Donald Trump, Clive Palmer, & Bill Gates became so wealthy? Meditating so hard that money rained from the sky? I think not. Loans thats how. Some make it, some almost do, but a major unexpected event happens, (like a hurricane), & thats it.

Iggys loan got him what he wanted, but some low life knocked it off and destroyed it. I wouldnt be so blunt, you may find yourself in iggys position under different circumstances (like redundancy from your job), & you loose your house/car/big TV. Im pretty sure that you have some sort of credit on something that if something disatourous happened you couldnt afford it, unless you a rich daddy's boy? Is that it?
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.

Last edited by Revolver; 05-04-2010 at 11:38 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:37 PM   #127
1streetmachine1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Beast II
As stated before, he could afford it, but when something like this comes along thats not ordinary & kicks you over, sometimes thats it, your done for.

I dont think 1sm1 youll ever be a millionare, how do you think millions are made? How Donald Trump, Clive Palmer, & Bill Gates became so wealthy? Meditating so hard that money rained from the sky? I think not. Loans thats how. Some make it, some almost do, but a major unexpected event happens, (like a hurricane), & thats it.

Iggys loan got him what he wanted, but some low life knocked it off amd destroyed it. I wouldnt be so blunt, you may find yourself with in iggys position under different circumstances (like redundancy from your job), & you loose your house/car/big TV.
i dont drive a bf xr6 or have a plasma tv for the sole reason i couldnt afford to have one without a loan... so in the case if i lost my job or some ******** happend i wouldnt be financially rooted...thats what im trying to get at... the only thing i would be taking a loan out for is a house... i'd rather drive around in a pos honda then owe money on a car for that reason

Old 05-04-2010, 11:39 PM   #128
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Complete condolences to you and to everybody else who thinks smartlock is impenetrable here is a story :

Friend of mine has a BA futura that he loves dearly - one night some piece of feces managed to gain access to it it was parked in his front lawn in Pakenham his rather large dog began to bark and draw attention to the feces in the front yard and awoke my friend whom got up to see what was going on the feces scattered when he turned the porch light on - he lost some CDS and a pair of sunglasses from the car he didn't touch it and reported incident to police who investigated and discovered a faulty locking solenoid on one of his rear doors that is how they got in pull the handle and even when locked it popped open all four doors. I now check my car by pulling on every handle whilst its locked quite frequently. Smartlock is good when its working correctly. The police told him that its a known thing that B series cars do this solenoid thing it could be how they gained access to your car.

I wish the feces that did this 10x karma return to them for this and any other criminal activities in which they engage in. Best of luck getting back on track to you.

Holden special vehicles - for special people
Old 06-04-2010, 12:14 AM   #129
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Went out to close my front gate tonight noticed my work hilux had the interior light on .

I had locked it but must have bumped the unlock on the remote from in the house at some stage .

Both front doors were slightly ajar and was missing my cds saw a cd case smashed on the road this afternoon ,thought it looked like one of mine.

I wonder what children will do with Enya ,classical and other easy listening cds plus the meditation /law of attraction motivational new age recordings I had made of the interent.

There are 3 kids going around here lately breaking into alot of places had a bit of a laugh thinking of them going through my cds trying to find something to listen to while they sniff petrol.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:29 AM   #130
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
Complete condolences to you and to everybody else who thinks smartlock is impenetrable here is a story :

Friend of mine has a BA futura that he loves dearly - one night some piece of feces managed to gain access to it it was parked in his front lawn in Pakenham his rather large dog began to bark and draw attention to the feces in the front yard and awoke my friend whom got up to see what was going on the feces scattered when he turned the porch light on - he lost some CDS and a pair of sunglasses from the car he didn't touch it and reported incident to police who investigated and discovered a faulty locking solenoid on one of his rear doors that is how they got in pull the handle and even when locked it popped open all four doors. I now check my car by pulling on every handle whilst its locked quite frequently. Smartlock is good when its working correctly. The police told him that its a known thing that B series cars do this solenoid thing it could be how they gained access to your car.

I wish the feces that did this 10x karma return to them for this and any other criminal activities in which they engage in. Best of luck getting back on track to you.
that's not really a smartlock problem, it could happen to any car. and just to add, smartlock finished with the au1 update models. it is now called smartshield, and all it refers to is the immobiliser system.

with the ease of access to computers these days it wouldn't take much for them to have a similar thing to ford's wds that they can plug into the obd connector under the dash, disable smartshield and hotwire the car. hell, it could even be something as small as a flash tuner or a hand held scan tool. that's the problem with everything being computerised now, computers can be compromised too easily.

i'm not saying any of this is actually possible, but i can't say i would be surprised if it did actually happen.

not that any of this helps, and i am sorry to see your car like that, hopefully you get back into another one soon.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:56 AM   #131
Pat Riley
U MAD?

Quote:
i dont drive a bf xr6 or have a plasma tv for the sole reason i couldnt afford to have one without a loan... so in the case if i lost my job or some ******** happend i wouldnt be financially rooted...thats what im trying to get at... the only thing i would be taking a loan out for is a house... i'd rather drive around in a pos honda then owe money on a car for that reason
I'm glad someone else has the same mentality as me - I only ever buy depreciable assets like cars with cash. If I don't have the cash I won't buy them.

I just have one question - The one thing that I can't understand is if smartshield is so hard to crack and only a professional car thief could possibly do it... what is a professional car thief doing taking a car for a joyride without stealing anything from it? Are there actually professional car thieves out there that do it just for kicks?

The only thing that makes sense to me is that the vehicle was used in another robbery. That's the only feasible explanation. Often thieves steal a car to steal something more valuable. Whatever they stole by using the car, must have been worth more than the rims - either that or they didn't have the time to remove them.

C - Zydrunas Ilgauskas
PF - Chris Bosh
SF - Lebron James
SF - Dwyane Wade
PG - Mario Chalmers

C - Erick Dampier
PF - Udonis Haslem
SF - James Jones
SG - Mike Miller
PG - Carlos Arroyo

C - Joel Anthony
C - Dexter Pittman
C - Jamaal Magloire
PF - Juwan Howard
SG - Eddie House
Old 06-04-2010, 08:30 AM   #132
dannyxm
was danny888

Mate sorry to hear of your loss.

Back in the day my mum had both of her Falcons stolen in as many years.

One a stunning dark metalic blue XE falcon, the other a jet black EB XR6.

Seeing the remains of the EB torched to a crisp had the old girl crying for days.

On the upside i guess (and i know it is a 'throwaway term' and i do not intend to dismiss the time you are going through) but if your car being stolen in the 'worst day in your life' then you do have a blessed life.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:04 AM   #133
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 06-04-2010, 09:04 AM   #134
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There are alot of jealous scumbag's in this world. With no respect for the property of other's. I never leave my beasty's anywhere vulnerabale for said scumbag's to take out any jealous action's toward's my property. A $500 POS serve's it's purpose if one must travel somewhere and leave a vehicle in vulnerable situation's.... Funny how they never get touched or even looked at by jealous scumbag's....
Old 06-04-2010, 11:00 AM   #135
Fled74
The Thread Killa

It was painful seeing those photos of your pride and joy. I hope the bastards get what's coming to them.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Old 06-04-2010, 11:17 AM   #136
Ibrox90
Banned

Am I the only other BA-BF owner right now thats madly paranoid.

HIS
THUNDER
2004 BA XR8
Blueprint

Mods:
Quad Exhaust, Hi-Flow Air filter, BFtiming chain tensioners, Billet Oil pump gears
stage 2 shift kit, riding on G6ET 18's

HERS
FLASH
BA MKII XR6 Turbo
Phantom Purple
Typhoon front end

Parking your ford after a long day of being Awesome
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Parkin...37774932974038
Old 06-04-2010, 11:31 AM   #137
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrox90
Probably.

The chances of your car being stolen haven't risen any compared with before you knew it could easily happen.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 06-04-2010, 12:06 PM   #138
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

unfortunately joyriders burn the cars to get rid of fingerprints and other things the police could use against them.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:45 PM   #139
66FAIRLANE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry to see those those pics. Makes me want to do evil to these people. On the bright side, as another guy said, if this is the worst day of your life, for your whole life, then you are doing well. At least it was insured. Try and cheer up, its hard, but tearin' yourself up inside doesn't do any good.

Still angy at the ****'in low life scum though.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:40 PM   #140
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrox90
That is what insurance is for, and if its on a loan makes sure you have gap insurance to cover the shortfall if any.

To the ones having a dig at Naish because he has a car on loan like 90% of australia, here's my take, on a 40deg day driving down the road in my nice airconed car there will be me laughing at your *** sweating on the side of the road in your POS Honda thats just over heated, thats karma for you for using a situation like this to push your ideals across.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:16 PM   #141
phoenix99

I was in the same position 3 months ago, thieves broke into my house stole the keys to my BA falcon and took it, was recovered 2 weeks later with interior striped.....needless to say the car was written off.

I had thought the car was insured for agreed value but was mistaken and it was not, the car was under finance and after the payout I was still left with about $1800.

Its definitely a horrible thing to happen and I hope you sort everything out.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:58 PM   #142
BGBOSS

I'd be getting the police onto the car yard you got it from ASAP to source the second set of keys. Somebody has to have them. From what I understand about smartlock there would of been a lot of ******* around involved to get around it, especially sitting in front of someones house. With people inside.

In saying that though it can't be too hard to get a hold of a working key. For example, I'm a dealership tech (not ford). I can access a vehicles security information (code the key is cut to, radio pin numbers, immobilizer security code etc.) online, from any computer, using the last 6 digits from a vin. Theres a locksmith I know of that can cut the key using the code, and program the key, all without ever seeing the car. Central locking wouldn't work, but you could unlock the door lock and start the car no worries

I know smartlocks a different system etc. etc. All I'm saying is theres more than one way to skin a cat
Old 06-04-2010, 05:59 PM   #143
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA Falcon
I'm glad someone else has the same mentality as me - I only ever buy depreciable assets like cars with cash. If I don't have the cash I won't buy them.

I just have one question - The one thing that I can't understand is if smartshield is so hard to crack and only a professional car thief could possibly do it... what is a professional car thief doing taking a car for a joyride without stealing anything from it? Are there actually professional car thieves out there that do it just for kicks?

The only thing that makes sense to me is that the vehicle was used in another robbery. That's the only feasible explanation. Often thieves steal a car to steal something more valuable. Whatever they stole by using the car, must have been worth more than the rims - either that or they didn't have the time to remove them.
So you understand the mind of a criminal eh?
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
Old 06-04-2010, 06:06 PM   #144
xafalcon351
DETROIT CUSTOM BODYWORKS

The wheels of Karma turn my friend....Sorry to see your Ford in that state...scumbag thieves DIE!!!
Old 06-04-2010, 06:07 PM   #145
BGBOSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
So you understand the mind of a criminal eh?
Old 06-04-2010, 06:21 PM   #146
MAV50L
Banned

How about we give up on the conspiracy theroys about the second set of keys.
If was a old owner with a grundge do you believe it would have taken them 2 years to do something about it?
The yard after 2 years wont have the second set of keys. If they had them at all they would of disposed of them by now.
Give the second set of keys theroy a rest. It will only slow the payout process down if he chooses to persue it.
Maybe people just have to accept that maybe people in criminal circles have worked out how to pinch a BA and in that regard they might just be smarter then us..........
It might have been taken by professionals that did something in it or whoever was running the show decided it was too hot to handle thus why it was burnt out with nothing taken from it.
What are they going to do? Return it to the owners house with a note ,
"We are a professional stolen car group. We took your car to strip but the guy running the show told us when we delivered it that a bright purple XR6 was a bit too obvious to try and offload parts from and to get rid of it. Anyway our mistake , please accept our apologies for stealing your car in the first place."
"P.S there is $50 in the glovebox to cover the fuel we used and for you to give it a wash. Nice car by the way"

Nope they will just dump it and burn it to get rid of any evidence that can connect them to it which could then connect them to a stack more things.

For christs sake. The car was just stolen , it sucks but its a fact of life. Let it all go , let the OP get his payout and move on. The car was recovered burnt out so it will be investigated by the insurance company. If they find nothing amiss thats it. To keep harping on about the mysterious second set of keys will achieve absolutley nothing but slow the process up.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:37 PM   #147
BGBOSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAV50L
How about we give up on the conspiracy theroys about the second set of keys.
I was out with a mate one night, and we came back to his au he had bought about a month before hand, to find a bloke showing a bunch of his mates he had a remote that unlocked the doors. I had a rather voilent reaction toward this and long story short, we left with a new remote. Got home and reprogrammed them all. And the car was bought from a car yard
Old 06-04-2010, 07:36 PM   #148
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's ****** low, mate.

I hope whoever did that will get cursed 7 generations down.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:54 PM   #149
MAV50L
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGBOSS
I was out with a mate one night, and we came back to his au he had bought about a month before hand, to find a bloke showing a bunch of his mates he had a remote that unlocked the doors. I had a rather voilent reaction toward this and long story short, we left with a new remote. Got home and reprogrammed them all. And the car was bought from a car yard

Exactly , a month after!!!!! Not 2 frigging years!

Even if they have a set of keys , the keys dont have a GPS tracker in them to tell them where the car is. So either someone has been following him around like a lost puppy for 2 years to pinch his car or has been walking around for 2 years with the keys in their pocket waiting for the opportunity to take the car when they found it.............. :

Either way if the second set of keys come into it , with the time frame involved the person obviously has serious mental issues and are best left alone. If I had someone follow me around for 2 years looking for the chance to steal my car or was carrying a set of keys around for 2 years while they were looking for the car , I would be somewhat scared that I was starting a war with someone who is not exactly right in the head!

If the op has ****ed someone off by any chance and they know someone that works at Ford and it was done as a get back there could well be 15 sets of keys for that car floating around. Exactly the same as there could be 15 sets for yours floating around!
I better put my aluminium foil hat on and run off to my safe room. With the amount of people I have upset just on this Forum alone there is probably 205 sets of keys to my car floating around! If anyone has a set of keys to my car and wants to take it jsut PM me and I will give you the address where it is parked.

I have noticed lately on this forum that either people are getting dumber by the day or we are actually entering the Twilight Zone...................

I mean really think about it. The car was stolen. That is it!

So far the poor bastard has been accused of doing an insurance job by members here , been told that someone had a second set of keys to it and took it that way , told he should not have bought it unless he could pay cash ,christ give the bloke a break!
If the insurance company does investigate it , all they have to do is google the car rego plate and details , be refered to this forum (which does happen) and enough rubbish , accusations and innuendo has been thrown around to make life very hard for Iggypoppin'!

Feel for the guy with his loss and if he asks for assistance provide it. Otherwise just let it go.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:13 PM   #150
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Could'nt have said it better myself.
Closed Thread