Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 13-10-2005, 08:40 PM   #1
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Default Broken Into :(

Ok, well dunno if any of you saw my thread in the Pub... but my car was broken into on tuesday night. They left with my log books and wallet... : So now they have every detail about the fez and where i work, where i live, and what uni i go to. NICE.

Anyways, reason why im posting here is for two reasons:
1) I need help (tonight, otherwise ill go to ford tomorrow)
2) So you all protect yours!

In regards to the 1st point:

I took the car today to Ford... and they replaced the glass.... HOWEVER told me two clips are broken an i may need a regulator.... this requires $519 + labour. SHESH?! I reckon if you built a Fiesta through parts/labour it would be a $100K Car....

ANYWAYS, this arvo, windows down (as i have no tint, so i had them down so if wouldnt look weird) and when i put them up, the rubber seal creases and wont let me close the window. SO, i need help in regards to;
HOW DO I REMOVE THE DOOR PANEL? Anyone done this and can explain?

In regards to the 2nd point:

All of you run out NOW and get security tint and a good alarm system. Ive realised just how easy the fiesta is to get into. Break the glass, unlock the door, and presto! My friend has a 2004 Barina (BASE MODEL FOR $13990!) and it has dead locks if you press the lock button twice.... which doesnt let anyone get INTO the car via the door, something which IMO the fiesta needs!

So, im just letting you know that the fiesta seems pretty easy to get into!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 10:04 PM   #2
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You can get into any car by breaking the glass and unlocking the door. Breaking the glass is enough if your small enough.

To get the door off you need to get the 2 bolts on the bottom of the door out. Then behind the door handle you need to get the screw out (covered but you just remove the cover), This will let you get the middle section out, Next you get the door pulls out. Thats it as far as i remember, just keep checking for screws.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 10:16 PM   #3
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Bad luck, hope things don't get too messy..
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 10:25 PM   #4
parawolf
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
All of you run out NOW and get security tint and a good alarm system. Ive realised just how easy the fiesta is to get into. Break the glass, unlock the door, and presto! My friend has a 2004 Barina (BASE MODEL FOR $13990!) and it has dead locks if you press the lock button twice.... which doesnt let anyone get INTO the car via the door, something which IMO the fiesta needs!

All Fords are like this - and Holden's have had deadlock functionality for quite some time.

I recommend that if you are concerned, disconnect the following 'manual' unlocks (not just Fiesta):
* Take the door apart and undo the release tabs for the door locks if they aren't electronic - means they can't smash a window and open a door.
* Unbolt your boot lock and take off the cable release mechism - this means if they get into the car and fold down the back seats they can't pop the boot.
* On that point, you could get the rear seats fixed so they cannot be folded down - get a padlock and put it on the INSIDE of the boot so you can fold them down when you want to.

Get an internal screamer that is 125+dB. This will is deafening levels and possibly illegal. But it will give someone who has broken in nausia and physically hurt them.

Get a paging alarm - or QuikTrak or whatever they are called. However do you really want to get to your car that are desperate enough to break into your car still there? Get a sticker on the window that shows that someone is likely to come.
Old 13-10-2005, 11:05 PM   #5
FlaminFiesta

that sucks so much mate, where were u parked ?
FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 11:13 PM   #6
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
I've realised just how easy the fiesta is to get into. Break the glass, unlock the door, and presto! My friend has a 2004 Barina (BASE MODEL FOR $13990!) and it has dead locks if you press the lock button twice.... which doesnt let anyone get INTO the car via the door, something which IMO the fiesta needs!

Dude, all cars are easy to get into if you break a window. If you break the window, it doesnt matter how many security systems or deadlocks you have, the car is now enter-able. Breaking the window is an easy way in for desperate people or theives with inexperience, and anyone can do it.

What would have been more worrying is if the theif had of been able to easily hot wire or use a coathanger to open the door without having to break a window. Only then you would have been able to say that Fiesta is easy to get into, and would have been more of a worry for us.

People wanna break a window, they will.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 11:34 PM   #7
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

damn, and just this afternoon i as having a security system talk with dad =/ i guess like danny said no matter how many systems you have breaking a window will make the car enterable =/

hope everything works out man >_<
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 11:51 PM   #8
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Sure... breaking the window makes it enterable..... but lets just say the deadlock prevents them from entering the car and getting INTO the car. Dunno about you, but i doubt they would climb into the car after there is sharp glass EVERYWHERE in the car.

I was very disappointed in the tint.... it did absolutely nothing to protect my car. Didnt hold the glass too well either. I must say, if it wasnt for my alarm going off, i think they would have opened the car, and taken ALOT more stuff... which is what i mean by having deadlocks... with the deadlock they would not be able to lean into the car and reach the other side.

Im just saying, that without an alarm... they could have opened my door, taken EVERYTHING, and even accessed the boot and taken what was in there! With my friends Barina (and his dads 318i)... they would only be able to grab stuff by actually jumping into the car. Only problem.... it doesnt leave a quick escape route if someone was to walk by!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 14-10-2005, 02:47 AM   #9
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Sure... breaking the window makes it enterable..... but lets just say the deadlock prevents them from entering the car and getting INTO the car. Dunno about you, but i doubt they would climb into the car after there is sharp glass EVERYWHERE in the car.
Its still nothing to a desperate theif to climb in regardless. Besides, windows by design shatter to small, and more or less harmless little grains rather than sharp shards so as to protect against people getting hurt when they break. The tint holding the window all together in a folded over plastic shattered window sandwich would make even less mess and glass for them to worry about.
Old 14-10-2005, 08:36 AM   #10
azza1
black zetec

Mate, I know how it feels. My last car (ET Pulsar) got broken into every second week, i had that many mis-matched pieces of tinted glass in it, it wasn't funny. Thank god for alarm and immobiliser, or she would have been gone.
azza1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2005, 09:39 AM   #11
whippet_zetec
Supes

Teki,

Bugger about your news, I too have had this done to me many years ago in my old ute, they just smashed the front passenger window out, luckily the tint held all the galss together but then they just pushed the glass in.

One question though, was your wallet visible in your Fez?

Quote:
Originally Posted by parawolf
All Fords are like this - and Holden's have had deadlock functionality for quite some time.
My Zetec Focus has deadlocks....even if you smash the window and get inside you can not open the doors from the inside ...so its dukes of hazzard style to get in and out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parawolf
I recommend that if you are concerned, disconnect the following 'manual' unlocks (not just Fiesta):
* Take the door apart and undo the release tabs for the door locks if they aren't electronic - means they can't smash a window and open a door.
* Unbolt your boot lock and take off the cable release mechism - this means if they get into the car and fold down the back seats they can't pop the boot.
* On that point, you could get the rear seats fixed so they cannot be folded down - get a padlock and put it on the INSIDE of the boot so you can fold them down when you want to.
Some great ideas there, I like point 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
People wanna break a window, they will.
probably the major point here, if someone want it they will get it no matter what you put in their way.

Todd
Old 14-10-2005, 01:44 PM   #12
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Broken into :(

Yeah i think teki's wallet was visible at the time. which is easy enough to forget about to be honest, you just dont expect something like that to happen to you.

i made a suggestion in the other thread, leave your glove box OPEN when you leave the car at night and have NOTHING in it. if you do have something of value, take it with you when you leave the car.

if u leave the glove box open people wont smash your window to find out if theres anything in it. that is the spot most people put their valuables.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2005, 09:38 PM   #13
GROOV3
Rollin

dont worry one is 3 of us can proabably unlock and other ford car, theres a guy at work with a focus and my keys open his car and his open mine

complained and its jsut there isnt many combos of keys cut

so yeah great

oh well
GROOV3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2005, 01:13 AM   #14
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Well... when i think about it im not exactly sure where the Wallet was visible.... but i was pretty sure it was in the centre console hole thingy.... near the cig lighter. Oh well. Its ****ing me off more the fact that its going to cost so much money for such a little thing.... and also the fact i feel so insecure now.

And Danny.... my tint did hardly anything. I am VERY disappointed..... the amount of glass that was everywhere. If it had happened in a carpark i would be screwed.... cause i wouldnt be able to drive. Luckly it was outside my friends house so we vacuumed my chair!

Old 15-10-2005, 11:27 AM   #15
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

It was outside your friends house?
how long did it take you to react once you heard the alarm?
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 15-10-2005, 12:28 PM   #16
simonr
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROOV3
dont worry one is 3 of us can proabably unlock and other ford car, theres a guy at work with a focus and my keys open his car and his open mine

complained and its jsut there isnt many combos of keys cut

so yeah great

oh well
The key is all the same.. The keys are programmed with key codes... and u probably have the same code/number as the guy wit the focus..

Just thinking bout it, my code is with my log book.. if someone got a hold of that they could program a new key and unlock my car...
Old 15-10-2005, 12:39 PM   #17
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by azza1
Mate, I know how it feels. My last car (ET Pulsar) got broken into every second week, i had that many mis-matched pieces of tinted glass in it, it wasn't funny. Thank god for alarm and immobiliser, or she would have been gone.

Hehe, the N12s weren't that hard to get into at all... On my old one, I locked the keys inside. Coming back to the car and finding them in the ignition, I walked across the road to a clothes shop, asked for a coathanger, went back to the car, fiddle with the hanger for about 10 seconds, and in less than a minute was driving off.

I also once had to replace an ignition barrel on it, and while doing it, I thought, hey, I'll try to hotwire the thing... 30 secs later car was running with no key...

Fun cars :
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2005, 01:37 PM   #18
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

on the one and only cruise i went on ,Pieoter and myself tried different keys on the fiestas, think teki tried it aswell, none of them opened any other fiestas doors.

On that note, you know how when you bought the car they give you a spare key without the remote buttons on it. would that key have the immobaliser chip inside of it aswell?

ford tell me that in the remote key theres a little chip inside of it that slides out, if taken out, the car wont start. i wana try it. see if its true.

Loads of fun :
Old 15-10-2005, 04:51 PM   #19
GROOV3
Rollin

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonr
The key is all the same.. The keys are programmed with key codes... and u probably have the same code/number as the guy wit the focus..

Just thinking bout it, my code is with my log book.. if someone got a hold of that they could program a new key and unlock my car...

oh ok strange cause i ended up talking to a few quality guys and higer up ford peopel and they seem to think it was the hex cut at the bottom of the key combo there wernt many diff patterns.

i can turn his ign on and he can on mine but just cant start the car

also the actual buttons on the keys dont work, so i would say its not likely to be the coding
GROOV3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2005, 06:35 PM   #20
simonr
Focus Rookie

yer that was my bad.. so i learnt today from teki there are different cuts aswell.
From reading that post i just assumed that all the cuts are the same..
Old 15-10-2005, 06:48 PM   #21
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Ok..... the cuts might be similar... but if im not wrong it has to do with the CODE.... which can be heaps of different combinations. Yes, the key without the buttons DOES have a chip inside, as to program ONE key, you need them ALL... otherwise they wont work. I found this out when i first got my car and complained about only having one key with buttons.... so i got another free. They had to have all 3 keys to program the car. This is also where i think... they can cut a key for my car, but i dont think they can do the electronic programing, as they need a key that already works. I THINK. But, the alarm isnt programmed to their key electronic code.... so the alarm would sound if they unlocked it with the key in the key hole.

OH well, if they take the car with the key.... i NEVER want to see it again

Old 15-10-2005, 10:17 PM   #22
azza1
black zetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonEF
Hehe, the N12s weren't that hard to get into at all... On my old one, I locked the keys inside. Coming back to the car and finding them in the ignition, I walked across the road to a clothes shop, asked for a coathanger, went back to the car, fiddle with the hanger for about 10 seconds, and in less than a minute was driving off.

I also once had to replace an ignition barrel on it, and while doing it, I thought, hey, I'll try to hotwire the thing... 30 secs later car was running with no key...

Fun cars :
I had a turbo timer and on occasion i would leave the ignition switched on (as i was used to it running when i walked off) and lock the freakin keys in, and as you probably know, the thing overheats in about ten minutes so i was like a ninja breaking into the thing.. unfortunately the thieves weren't as smart and just smashed the windows. Tools...lol
azza1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2005, 10:45 PM   #23
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Focus key locks my AU and visa versa. They don't unlock it, they only lock it.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2005, 10:25 PM   #24
theostheone

its bad luck to hear about the breakin...

i spose as well as a top notch security system, it seems we all have to get metal window screens to be totally "break-in" free...
theostheone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2005, 07:19 AM   #25
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Any of these Ford keys will lock any other Ford of the same key style, however, being ble to unlock another car is a bit weird!

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2005, 02:55 PM   #26
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
The Focus key locks my AU and visa versa. They don't unlock it, they only lock it.
True, Any tibbe lock ford key (Even one from a 1988 UK imported Escort) will lock any Falcon, Focus or Fiesta. Its weird. Pretty cool at the same time.

Dealers use it at night time when they shut up shop instead of trying to find all the different keys for all the cars to lock them.
Old 21-10-2005, 04:22 PM   #27
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Been like that for ages, years ago my old escort key would unlock/start my mates capri and his the same on mine

Why did you leave your wallet in the car to begin with???

Sucks that it has happened though

Chris