Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 29-06-2006, 11:11 AM   #1
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Default HELP! Trying to pick a color for an 06 Fiesta Zetec

Hi everyone,

My Mrs is going to be purchasing one of these fantastic little cars later on this year (she has placed her order already) BUT we're having a meltdown trying to pick a color.

She went with her gut instinct when ordering and went for the Tango Red. However now she's now having reservations about that color.

I personally prefer the sea grey, I think it gives the car a chunky, sporty look. She likes the Tango because the car will stand out in the crowd (i think however that this color is too close too plain old burgundy)

The third color were considering is silver, but the Mrs is worried thatthere are too many silver cars on the road and shell blend in.

I know picking colors is a subjective thing but what do you all think? Just how nice is Tango Red in person? Is it more orange than red/burgundy? Any pics would help too.

Thanks guys.

BTW Fiesta: what an amzing car!

LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 12:18 PM   #2
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My personal favourites are Panther Black, Moondust Silver and the White. I've seen Tango Red in the flesh and it certainly isn't like a burgundy IMHO. Haven't seen Sea Grey yet.

This thread might help you: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=50556
Old 29-06-2006, 07:33 PM   #3
Peej

hey mate,

Go for the sub lime, it really stands out especially when it is clean. I personally havent seen to many of them around on the steets.
Peej is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 08:06 PM   #4
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Diamond White......

robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 08:22 PM   #5
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

I'm not sure if Sub Lime is offered on the Zetec, but it is a nice colour and pretty rare to boot. I might be a little biased though...

Otherwise I'm a fan of Sea Grey too. Suits the lines of the car very well IMO. Other thing is, do they still do Aquarius on the WQ? That's always been a damn good colour.
Old 29-06-2006, 08:39 PM   #6
Sonia

They dropped the Aquarius on WQ.
Sonia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 08:41 PM   #7
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Yo la Tango. (Sorry) I mean go the tango, it's more copper red than orange, but certainly stands out amongst the white, silver & grey cars which seem so popular today. I'll dig up some pics if you want, but there some pics of my car on another recent thread. Go on, you know you want it. KJ
Old 29-06-2006, 09:33 PM   #8
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inline6
Hi everyone,

My Mrs is going to be purchasing one of these fantastic little cars later on this year (she has placed her order already) BUT we're having a meltdown trying to pick a color.

She went with her gut instinct when ordering and went for the Tango Red. However now she's now having reservations about that color.

I personally prefer the sea grey, I think it gives the car a chunky, sporty look. She likes the Tango because the car will stand out in the crowd (i think however that this color is too close too plain old burgundy)

The third color were considering is silver, but the Mrs is worried thatthere are too many silver cars on the road and shell blend in.

I know picking colors is a subjective thing but what do you all think? Just how nice is Tango Red in person? Is it more orange than red/burgundy? Any pics would help too.

Thanks guys.

BTW Fiesta: what an amzing car!
Tip: Not that I think you do, but if you wanted Panther Black, you'll have to wait for it, they're rare as hen's teeth! I had to wait 2 months for mine, another user is waiting for 3 months.
Swaytan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 09:51 PM   #9
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think Panther Black is amazing on Fiestas. On the downsides... you'd probably have to wash it more often (once a week?)... since dirt 'n' dust are easily visible on black.

Swaytan has pretty cool pics of his Panther Black Zetec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaytan
Tip: Not that I think you do, but if you wanted Panther Black, you'll have to wait for it, they're rare as hen's teeth! I had to wait 2 months for mine, another user is waiting for 3 months.
Yeah, apparently so. But I think if you order one without any add-ons... it'd be much quicker to deliver. I was really surprized when the dealer called me pretty much a week after I sign some papers.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 02:08 AM   #10
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

In no particular order:

While sublime is a nice enough color, the Mrs doesnt like green and rates it (and light colors like tonic) as too lightweight, she wants the car to have more of a chunky look.

Is aquarius the bright blue color off the WP (very similar to the AUs and BAs?) that color wouldve been perfect, but alas Ford dropped it of the WQ.

Robjh80 your diamond white WQ looks great! but the Mrs DEMANDS a color =)

The first color we wanted was panther black, but it'd just be too hard to keep looking good. Great color though-Panther Black Zetec with the moonlight ruby sports interior.

KiwiJohn42 Your car looks great in the piccies from the other thread. Most people we've asked say go the Tango so (for the time being) the order stays as Tango. (Arriving mid to late Sept)

If we want silver or seagrey it'd be October.

Thanks for all the replies and pics guys it's really appreciated. Hopefully everything goes to plan and I can post some pics of hte new ride in the near future.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 11:45 AM   #11
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've been keeping an eye on Carsales and there was a Panther Black and Moondust Silver manual Zetecs new listed about three weeks ago in Adelaide. Now there's stuff all left listed!
Old 30-06-2006, 03:01 PM   #12
Nappa
Impressive...

mate sea greay is a really nice colour on the fiesta. we have a sea grey zetec sitting on the floor and its nicely offset by the big 16"Alloys.

If your interested i can post a pick or two
Old 30-06-2006, 04:05 PM   #13
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappa
mate sea greay is a really nice colour on the fiesta. we have a sea grey zetec sitting on the floor and its nicely offset by the big 16"Alloys.

If your interested i can post a pick or two
I'd be interested even if Inline6 isn't.
Old 30-06-2006, 04:39 PM   #14
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondeost24
I'd be interested even if Inline6 isn't.
So would I......never seen one in Sea Grey.....pics please Nappa. :1syellow1
Old 30-06-2006, 05:36 PM   #15
goop

My '06, in Tonic I never considered that colour at all on the ford website, but when I saw it in the flesh I was sold

goop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 06:03 PM   #16
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hope you don't mind Goop, I just added your pic onto the other thread.

BTW that looks very similar to Jeans Blue? Is there much difference between the two??
Old 30-06-2006, 06:39 PM   #17
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by goop
My '06, in Tonic I never considered that colour at all on the ford website, but when I saw it in the flesh I was sold
Nice, a chick at work has the exact colour. LX though, not Zetec.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 07:14 PM   #18
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here's some Sea Grey pics i found on Carsales:

Old 30-06-2006, 07:22 PM   #19
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

That first photo is interesting. It's showed up the stress points in the headlights which appear as a 'rainbow' of colours. You normally need a polarised lens to see that. Also, I'm loving the interior colours on seats. Mines pretty much plain ol' black.
Old 30-06-2006, 07:55 PM   #20
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLeigh
That first photo is interesting. It's showed up the stress points in the headlights which appear as a 'rainbow' of colours. You normally need a polarised lens to see that.
Nah not really, all that's happening is that the light is hitting something that is causing it to split. Almost all lenses are polarised now, they have a very thin layer of protective coating (microns thin).
Old 30-06-2006, 08:09 PM   #21
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If it was me i like the Sea Grey or the Tonic (but im hopless when it comes to choosing colours of cars when I bought my BA XR6 MkII in Oct 05 as a run out model although brand new I had the chhose of thre colours (phantom) black (shockwave) blue of Blaze (gold) i didnt like the blaze but I umed & rrrd over the two colours @ my disposal.

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 09:08 PM   #22
Sonia

My choice was simple... I liked Ink Blue.... they didn't make zetecs in it, so I got the next closest colour... black
Sonia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 09:12 PM   #23
Swaytan
Swaytan

I chose black for a couple of reasons, its mean, its classy & it's easy for me to "colour co-ordinate" things. Plus it's hot...

Don't get me wrong I like the other colours, but would it be right for a heavy metal singer to have a car of any other colour?
Old 30-06-2006, 09:17 PM   #24
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not sure about the Sea Grey after seeing those pics, the shot from the rear almost makes the colour take on a "purple effect" with the light shining across it, quite like the blue seats though.
Old 30-06-2006, 11:07 PM   #25
joshf2
striped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inline6
Is aquarius the bright blue color off the WP (very similar to the AUs and BAs?) that color wouldve been perfect, but alas Ford dropped it of the WQ.
yup, aquarius is the german name for blueprint

well, it mostly looks like blueprint
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2006, 02:46 AM   #26
Danny
GT4.

For A WQ Zetec I reckon Sea Grey is the ticket. Classy and tough... Im a huge fan of any dark silver:

Pewter - S15 Silvia
Gunmetal - EF XR Series
Mercury Silver - BA XR Series
EGO - BF Falcon SY Terry
Meteorite - AUII and III XR Series
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2006, 10:35 AM   #27
goop

Quote:
Originally Posted by murcod
Hope you don't mind Goop, I just added your pic onto the other thread.

BTW that looks very similar to Jeans Blue? Is there much difference between the two??
Dont mind at all, didn't realize there was another thread.
I compared the Jeans Blue (the colour I was initially interested in) to the Tonic, side by side. Obviously, I preferred the Tonic - the JB is quite a bit different, and to my eyes, less striking
goop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2006, 11:14 AM   #28
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Actually I just found another pic of a Jeans Blue Fiesta and you're right- there's a fair bit of difference. Either the last Jeans Blue one I saw was misadvertised or I've got the two confused!
Jeans Blue

Tonic