Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 12-08-2005, 11:04 AM   #1
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Default Interesting...

There are other ppl out there that love the fiesta!

And, some that still love the Getz and Echo out:

http://carsguide.news.com.au/news/st...E29778,00.html

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2005, 11:15 AM   #2
whippet_zetec
Supes

I dont mind the look of the new Suzuki Swift, the shape has grown on over the last couple of weeks (there is a silver one in my Estate at it leaves for work the same time I do). Havent driven one but would be keen to get into one and have a go and see how good they do actually go.

My sister has a Getz and it's not a bad little car, pretty nippy and runs on the fume from an oil rag but lacks the styling of the Fiesta in my opinion. I suppose it would appeal more to a chick being that cutesy little box shape....

Of all of them I would say the Fiesta has the best looking front end....rear, maybe the Swift...
Old 12-08-2005, 08:47 PM   #3
GROOV3
Rollin

all of the other small cars either look like engine combo isnt right or features arent to spec.
GROOV3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2005, 01:45 AM   #4
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Just comparing stats from Last year's BFYB in MOTOR to this year, and noticed this:

Swift was faster 0-100kmh (10.22 seconds versus 10.91 seconds for the Fiesta)
It was also faster 0-400m (17.19 seconds versus 17.75 seconds)
But, the Fiesta beat it around the track JUST (1:20.80 seconds for the Swift S verse 1:20.25 for the Fiesta Zetec)

I find this very interesting, as the fiesta is 2kg lighter (nothing), same power at same Rpm, but has more torque (146Nm vs 133Nm)... yet its still apparently slower.

Soooo, does anyone know a Swift S owner in Sydney? out: :eclipsee_

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 18-08-2005, 07:23 AM   #5
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Suzuki Swift - recall vehicle of the year! That's the only thing I think when I see one!

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2005, 05:37 PM   #6
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Suzuki Swift - recall vehicle of the year! That's the only thing I think when I see one!

Tim
Did they have a recall? I found interesting that burn HATED the whole exterior... "the battle between style and design resolved. Both lost"

I had to go and read the review on the Fiesta in last years BFYB... : ... they loved the Fiesta's steering, handling and chassis... even the interior and quality, and apparently it had quick mid cornering speed, but last year they didnt show figures for that.

Old 23-08-2005, 10:52 PM   #7
joshf2
striped

but you may have noticed in the pics (i only just re-read it myself) that it had the 16's on it. which meant that you got to choose the tyres you wanted on it.

i just thought that the turanzas on the 15's were crap. but im running slicks on the car at the moment
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2005, 01:55 AM   #8
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshf2
but you may have noticed in the pics (i only just re-read it myself) that it had the 16's on it. which meant that you got to choose the tyres you wanted on it.

i just thought that the turanzas on the 15's were crap. but im running slicks on the car at the moment
what?

Old 24-08-2005, 08:16 AM   #9
joshf2
striped

im guessing you didnt...??
Old 24-08-2005, 12:52 PM   #10
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

OHHHHHHHHHHH, your refering to the BFYB.... hehhee i thought you were talking about carsguide. Right.... yes it had the 16s in their review, which i dont think they noticed was an accessory.... as well as the wing and bodykit. Hence i emailed them ranting about the car not costing $17990 like they said!

I think the 16s would have been a little better in the corners, due to smaller sidewall....

Old 24-08-2005, 09:27 PM   #11
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

does anyone know off hand how much the Fiesta zetec 16'' rims cost each????
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2005, 09:44 PM   #12
GROOV3
Rollin

i know i paid an extra 1000 for my 16" rims

but best bet would be ask ford for how much they are
Old 24-08-2005, 10:00 PM   #13
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
There are other ppl out there that love the fiesta!

And, some that still love the Getz and Echo out:

http://carsguide.news.com.au/news/st...E29778,00.html
Yeah, but to put it in context, there are people that love the Holden Camira, Leyland P76 and 80s Volvos :hihi:

Ok, maybe I was being a bit harsh about the P76, after all, I don't mind the V8 version, but it is a car that people seem to have a love or hate relationship with...
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2005, 10:02 PM   #14
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
does anyone know off hand how much the Fiesta zetec 16'' rims cost each????
Focus 17's are listed at around $180 each so they should be about the same or less.
Old 24-08-2005, 10:36 PM   #15
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROOV3
i know i paid an extra 1000 for my 16" rims

but best bet would be ask ford for how much they are
May i ask what tyres you got with that?

Old 24-08-2005, 10:38 PM   #16
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

BTW, also.... a good note is how Ford's website has changed.... it now says that the rims are $1150 for 4 BUT NOT INCLUDING tyres... those must be supplied yourself....

Old 24-08-2005, 11:28 PM   #17
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
BTW, also.... a good note is how Ford's website has changed.... it now says that the rims are $1150 for 4 BUT NOT INCLUDING tyres... those must be supplied yourself....
Most likely means that dealers fit the tyres they have in stock and charge you for them. In which case you're getting ripped.
Old 25-08-2005, 10:10 PM   #18
GROOV3
Rollin

i got 205/40/16 federral directional tyres

only good thing about ford lol
Old 25-08-2005, 10:33 PM   #19
joshf2
striped

this is the bit i was talking about earlier, where you got to choose your tyres

i think youve said before that you had crappy falkens, however, i reckon you couldve chosen better ones, like the azenis RT215 ;)
Old 25-08-2005, 11:36 PM   #20
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshf2
this is the bit i was talking about earlier, where you got to choose your tyres

i think youve said before that you had crappy falkens, however, i reckon you couldve chosen better ones, like the azenis RT215 ;)
I didnt chose... it came....

Old 26-08-2005, 04:16 PM   #21
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

ohh well teki it doesnt matter ! you drove like a maniac when you got your car and munched the tyres in like 7 or 8 thousand kms.
you should probably be happy your car didnt come with better and more expensive tyres.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 26-08-2005, 07:18 PM   #22
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
ohh well teki it doesnt matter ! you drove like a maniac when you got your car and munched the tyres in like 7 or 8 thousand kms.
you should probably be happy your car didnt come with better and more expensive tyres.
maybe better ones would have LASTED longer.......

Old 26-08-2005, 09:14 PM   #23
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Fiesta owners only ruin their tires trying to keep up with Focus owners!

ing_sm :

(ps: I do not approve of street racing, traffic light drags, or anything other than driving 10kmh below the speed limit. Think of the kittens. )

Tim
Old 26-08-2005, 09:56 PM   #24
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
(ps: I do not approve of street racing, traffic light drags, or anything other than driving 10kmh below the speed limit. Think of the kittens. )
I dont street race, and i dont do traffic light drags.... i only do corners!

Old 27-08-2005, 10:58 AM   #25
GROOV3
Rollin

ive got 20 000 out of my tyres, i think thats ok for performance soft tyres, esp cause ive been driving it hard most days.
Old 27-08-2005, 04:23 PM   #26
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

tim.... now we both know what you just said about street racing isnt true.. lol

Remember that night you went back to your house to get your camera so we could take pics of my exhaust, and i stayed in town. What was it that you said to me when you returned, something about a race with a certain rs liberty??? ;)

And how about earlier that day when you were leading me to the exhaust shop, i couldnt keep up !!! well i could of but i didnt want to lose my license !

Loads of fun :
Old 28-08-2005, 09:54 PM   #27
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

I deny all knowledge!

I really have no recollection of driving to the exhaust shop tho, I never speed when in a convoy because it's too easy to lose people even doing the exact speed limit (while the rest of the traffic cruises past as they always do).

Setting a bad example is bad, bad is bad, bad bad bad. Be good.

Tim