Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-12-2010, 07:56 PM   #31
Valid8
COOGES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeek
John Faulkner Motor Trimming
19 Webster Road STAFFORD QLD 4053
Tel: 3856 4156
Mobile: 0407 169709

Just a quick mention for John, who did me a new head lining for the Galaxie earlier this month. Quoted me a price, told me when he could do it and the date came.

I dropped the car off to him on a Tuesday morning and picked it up Wednesday afternoon. The material he used was "off the roll", so he used my old head lining as a template. The material match to my sunvisors was absolutely spot on (I've cleaned them since taking the pic below, and they're exactly the same colour/texture as the new head lining), and the seams are all arrow straight in the lining. As it should, it looks brand new.

And the price I paid was $50 less than quoted, which was a nice surprise. Got progress calls from him (totally unexpected!) and he was happy to chat about this and that when I was at his workshop. Easy to deal with, superb workmanship and a good price. And his dog's nice too.

He's reasonably busy, and I saw what he did with a pair of Thunderbird seats (they looked incredible), and the '62 Buick Wildcat convertible he was doing a full interior retrim on just before my job looked amazing.

If you need any trimming work done on the northside of Brisbane, I'd recommend him in a flash.

Gee, he did a great job, looks tops.
Old 18-12-2010, 09:44 AM   #32
SSVPom
Formally FairmontPom

Default O'Donnellans Bridgestone Tyre Centre, Box Hill

These guys quoted me 50% less than other retailers for 'good brand' 19" tyres for my SSV Sportwagon, and due to the car's requirement for a higher load rating tyre than the SSV sedan, I thought I was look down the barrel of $500+ each per tyre...

O'Donnellans however quoted $360 for some Hankooks, but on the day I took my car in they said they'd bought a job lot of Dunlop SP Sport Maxx's, and could do them for $340 each fitted - bargain.

Very happy, and great tyres for around half what others would retail them at.
Old 18-12-2010, 10:19 AM   #33
DJM83
Proper Gearbox User
Donating Member3

Shameless plug for my dealer here in QLD Nova Ford.

www.novaford.com.au
Barnsey and the crew provide excellant service and will always go above and beyond
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2011, 07:49 PM   #34
XH-Fan119
The Tinkerer

Default Re: Outstanding service!!

I'll like to praise Guys auto elec in bendigo for great customer service, general knowledge and advice. they where upfront and and didn't stuff around and my headlights where working within 45 mins due to replacement of faulty plugs and they only charged for parts at a good price with instalation nice bloke two thumbs up from me
Old 21-04-2011, 11:02 PM   #35
DJM83
Proper Gearbox User
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
Shameless plug for my dealer here in QLD Nova Ford.

www.novaford.com.au
Barnsey and the crew provide excellant service and will always go above and beyond
Ok ill retract this. Yes the service manager is excellent as is the service team the DP on the other hand.
They just lost 50 customers over night.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2011, 05:26 PM   #36
Archilino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Called Coffey Ford (dandenong) today because we had a major oil leak in the Transit Van at work, they knew exacly what the problem was (vacumm pump).

Within half an hour they picked up te Van and left us with a FG falcon ute as a loan vehicle until the warranty work was complete, 2 hours later Van returned good as new so two big thumbs up for their outstanding service today.
Archilino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2011, 11:30 AM   #37
Mickxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mobile disc brake machining. Big thumbs up for paul (huntingdale Perth)
Took some video (with his permission).
Ph 0417949352.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E2-gnNaYnQ
Old 20-05-2011, 01:56 PM   #38
Thornie
Off smelting

http://www.onlineautoelectrics.com.au

ordered a new alternator for my EL $313 delivered to my door, took 2 days from order to turn thats good service and price to me as the local mobs around here wanted $450+ off the shelf and most postage stuff i order from other places takes a week or more usually.
Thornie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2011, 11:20 PM   #39
SmokinXR50

Strapp Ford - Doncaster

Well, where do I start!!!!!
Having bought 3 Fords from them in the last 8 years says something.
It all started when I met Glenn Gribben, National Fleet Manager back in 2003.
He has looked after my cars from pre sales right through the life of each car.
To this day he is my first point of contact when organising my next service.

Last year I bought a 2nd hand Territory Ghia for the wife (not from Strapp Ford, unfortunately in this case their 2nd hand Terry’s were significantly dearer).
By this stage I had also built up a good relationship with Peter (sorry I forget his surname) who is the Service Manager.
We ran into trouble with the Terry. Apart from squeaky brakes and a faulty window switch it also had a very annoying exhaust rattle. I contacted Peter and arranged to bring it in.
On the day I also told him about the extended warranty I purchased with the Terry. It happened to be one he had never seen or heard of before.
That didn't deter him however. I dropped the car of on a Saturday morning.

He initially expected the centre muffler was gone. After the mechanics worked on the car they figured out the rattle was coming from a loose exhaust shield.
What started out as a possible new muffler at around $450 came back as a loose shield costing me a little over $100.
Peter also managed to contact the Warranty provider and initiate the process to get an account set up with them.
He managed to get it to a point whereby he could replace the window switch under warranty all on the same day. JUST AWESOME!!!!

Late last year I was back in the market after the lease on my Nissan Navara was due.
Having received such great service from Strapp Ford made me also realise just how poor service I received from Nissan.
I won't go into too much detail but will say this. It's not a case of receiving poor service from the Nissan Dealership, it was more of a case it just wasn't up to scratch compared to what I had been use to.
When I made up mind (took all of about a nano second) that I was going to buy another Ford it was time to contact Glenn.
Apart from getting yet another great deal I was happy to be “Back with the Strapp Ford family” as Glenn puts it. (No, this is not a paid advertisement......lol).

When I took the wife’s Terry in for a service I mentioned to Peter that the paint on the left hand side 50th Anniversary badge on my XR50 turbo had chipped of in one corner.
“No probs” he tells me, just give me a few days notice before you bring the XR50 in for its next service and I will take care of it..

Last week it was time to take my beloved XR50 for its 15,000km service. I dropped my car off for its service as planned.
When I picked it up the left hand side badge was replaced and best of all it was done under warranty.
Needless to say if I am going to buy another Ford it will take something extraordinary before I will spend my hard earned dollars with another Ford Dealer.

I’ll stop rambling now.

Cheers,

Chris
SmokinXR50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2011, 01:01 AM   #40
benoxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wayne Phillis Ford service centre, Main South Road Reynella (NOT the head office dealership)
Took the Territory in for 75,000 service, and I advised of a stuck seat belt, middle row seats.
They replaced the whole belt under warranty, no fuss. And whilst they were servicing the vehicle, reported the diff bush was a bit worn so they would do that under warranty also when they did the seat belt. In addition to this they replaced all 3 bushes on the rear end while they had the end dropped to save it having to be pulled down again. And over the years they have been just as good with my XR6.
R.I.P. Jarrad 22/05/83 - 08/12/02
benoxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2011, 01:10 AM   #41
Perko
Loving The Blown Goodness

Good to see some positive feedback on Ford dealers for a change. I'll put my hand up for Carpenter Ford in Gatton. The spare parts manager is brilliant and even lets me behind the counter to show him where the parts are on the computer when he isn't sure! They arrive on time and nothing is ever a drama. Eventhough it's a 35km drive compared to 15km to my local dealer definitely worth the drive. Will be looking at a new Ranger for novated lease next year so these guys will definitely get first chop at my business.

Previous 2003 BA XR8 Ute Phantom
Ford Forum Build Thread

The Project 1991 EB XR8 Sedan Monza Red
Project Build Thread
Perko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2011, 09:55 PM   #42
potsyfromparkes

Default Re: Original Parts Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valid8
I had a pleasureable experience whilst buying an alloy washer bottle on Ebay from Original Parts Group. The inlet tube on my old washer pump was too big for the outlet on the new bottle, so I called the mobile number on the invoice, spoke to Fab and to my amazement he said that he wants only happy customers and has posted me at no cost a new washer pump to suit the new bottle. Cant beat good customer service, so good on ya Fab, good on ya OPG.
And the belowmentioned guy is the goods for NGK tr55ix spark plugs @ $12.oo each for 2005 BF XR8.Based in melbourne,ordered 8 plugs on his Ebay site (harold-performancelub);plugs arrived in Parkes;NSW two days later,full price $96.00(no postage/no handling fees).Harold supplies his mobile No. if you have any queries; and is a genuinely nice guy to talk to.

Local Repco dealer wanted $25.00 a spark plug and another spare parts place in Parkes wanted $20.00

I know some say that u can get them cheaper from the states but for local service and delivery time Harold is good. Great service!!!!!
potsyfromparkes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2011, 03:32 PM   #43
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Battery World Southport

Gotta give these guys a wrap.

Had a dropped cell in the Paj which made any startup hard as you can figure and sent them an email for a quote on a 720CCA battery and got quoted about $120 IIRC and said to them that I could pick it up that afternoon.

I rocked up after closing due to other factors and he asked me if I wanted the battery fitted to which I said how much do you want for it?

No charge mate, just drive it up and it'll be replaced no worries.

He actually had a fair few customers in at the time and I can safely say alot of the fixes that were done he didn't charge for.
Old 21-09-2011, 01:41 AM   #44
EATHSV
Oo---oO

http://www.atholparkfordwreckers.com/

Phone - 08 8341 1122
Fax - 08 8447 7708
242 Grand Junction Rd, Athol Park SA 5012

Athol Park Ford Wreckers

When I purchased my AU Forte a couple of months ago I started thinking about tidying it up a bit. Decided to get BA door moulds like I fitted to my XR8. Didn't want to pay $70 each new this time so went to my local wrecker. "na mate don't seperate them from the doors" Annoyed I went home. The missus says that she is friends with a ford wrecker on Facebook (god only knows how) and to give them a try.

After about 4hrs got a reply. wrong part. Oh sorry mate our mistake we'll send them for $95 express post on us... Happy with that
So I ordered an AU3 fairmont grille off them too. $140 delivered.

I will now use them for all my parts needs even though their interstate because of their excellent service.

Successful transactions with the following members:
Ride, Raised by Monkeys, TICK4D-TAS, Falcman007, 2002AU, JC.
EATHSV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2011, 08:16 PM   #45
RHR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Keith Gill Motors Griffith (Ford dealer)

Had a few niggily probs with my FG. Everything fixed, including stuff that was knocked back by Macauthur ford no questions asked

Fantastic customer service and even got follow up calls just for warranty work
RHR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2011, 10:12 PM   #46
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Hey guys, just got my LV Focus serviced at Lancefield Automotive, they do good work and are honest, I was put onto them by a friend and I'd like to spread the good word.

I provided all the oil and genuine filters, cost me $88 for the service, which was just a standard log book service, plus replacing a H7 globe (which blew this morning, bastard) and replacing the oil in the gearbox which was a last minute extra at my request when I showed up. He does log book servicing so he stamps your book so you keep your new car warranty.

I got my Fiesta done at another independant mechanic in a different town, provided all the oil and filters, cost me $120 and he also kept the 1L left over from the oil I provided.

I'd recommend them to all, a decent independant mechanic.

They are in Lancefield, John is the owners name and their number is (03) 5429 1414.

Its nice to hear a good outcome rather than an ACA style bust on Ford dealers and the local independant scammers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG34JA
Nice to hear good news. Are you specific in what oils/filters you want used, or are you able to get them at a better price?
I had to use OEM stuff to keep my warranty, so I went into my dealership and bought genuine from their spares parts guy who looks after me when I go in.

Oil, I used this stuff:

http://www.liqui-moly.com.au/products/motor-oil/

Second one down
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2011, 08:39 AM   #47
RASER
Banned

+1 to Bayfords, big dealer here in Melbourne, very professional and know everything about Ford products [esp. Falcons], know how to run a workshop, and then some, RECOMMENDED dealer.

-1 to duhigs [now essendon Ford] USELESS, near lost all faith in Ford product till Bayford picked up the pieces and saved the day...PASS
RASER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2011, 12:07 PM   #48
lockieoc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anyone on the NSW Central Coast looking for a good suspension guy speak to Peter at Road 2 Race, West Gosford.

Clean, tidy workshop.
Knows his stuff.
does road and race cars.
Well priced
Doesn't rush a job
Good, honest bloke.

10 out of 10.

Road 2 Race Chassis Tuning
Unit 6/15 Stockyard Place, WEST GOSFORD NSW 2250
Ph : (02) 4322 7804
Email: info@road2race.com.au
www.road2race.com.au
lockieoc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2011, 11:44 PM   #49
XR_Strider_GuY
Boss for Go, L98 for Show
Contributing Member

Pit Lane Automotive Services in Frankston

Went to Mick and Bel's after my car had problems from a previous repair. What a surprise, Mick and his crews attention to detail is the best bar none and their workshop is very clean.

Not only did they resolve the problem but Mick constantly informed me of where they are with the repair and what they are diagnosing and where to go next. I was kept in the loop which is exactly what a car enthusiast wants when the car means so much to a person. Once the car was fixed (timing was set wrong previously) they let me test drive the car to ensure I was 100% happy.
Those that know me well, will know that I am very fussy with originality, cleanliness and factory perfect. I was very impressed that the engine was worked on with the care of surgical precision. Not a bolt, clip was in the wrong place and crucially no leaks or chips from the painted engine. Another added bonus, Mick also changed the plug seals (diagnosed that some were a little leaky) now my car does not use any oil.

My XR8 came out repaired, compression verified the car felt in the words of Dick Johnson, "she's brand new".

If you are fussy about quality workmanship would highly recommend Pit Lane Automotive. Well done guys.

Cheers,
Gary.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:46 PM   #50
adamRSLC

Had my FGXRT in for it's 25k service at Bayford coburg and mentioned that it had a knock in the left hand rear and air con wasnt working properly , they replaced a rod end in the rear and HIM module ( even though it had the upgraded one already ) without batting an eye lid . The car was already clean on the outside so the gave it a vacuum inside instead .

Pretty happy with bayfords and will go back again , they mentioned my drivers seat will need repair soon due to a sagging cushion so will get that done next time it's in .

Adam
adamRSLC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2012, 03:38 PM   #51
Blue Blooded

Big thumbs up to Steve at Thompson Ford, Parramatta. Absolute champion. He knows his stuff and didn't try to bulls**t me once.

I've dealt without alot of salesmen in my time and this guy is the best, hands down

FG GT Black 6spM
XY Falcon Project (on the backburner for the moment)
BFII XR6 Turbo 6spA
BA XR6 5spM
AUII XR8 5spM
BMW 318is 5spM
XC Falcon 250
XD Falcon 250 Xflow
76 Mitsubishi Galant Wagon (this car would not die, believe me I tried)
TE Cortina 200ci Xflow
XY Falcon 378 Clevo Stroker 4sp Top Loader
Blue Blooded is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2012, 10:33 PM   #52
74_XB_Ute
See..Everybody Loves Ford

Even though heaps of people have used Summit Racing on here I still want to give them the praise they deserve. I recent purchased an Autometer Gauge Kit from them and the Speedo only had a rubber grommet fitted and not the light bulb holder. I got onto their live help and they said not a problem and have shipped a new bulb holder to me the next day via USPS Express. Great service...no questions....fast response...great effort Summit racing!
74_XB_Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2012, 12:00 AM   #53
z80
Banned

Engineworx near Geelong/Whinchelsea

Built two fully forged engines for me by hand,

on time and on budget, nosurprises,

Outstanding workmanship.

thanks Rob, you're a dying breed.
z80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2012, 12:08 AM   #54
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by benoxr
Wayne Phillis Ford service centre, Main South Road Reynella (NOT the head office dealership)
Took the Territory in for 75,000 service, and I advised of a stuck seat belt, middle row seats.
They replaced the whole belt under warranty, no fuss. And whilst they were servicing the vehicle, reported the diff bush was a bit worn so they would do that under warranty also when they did the seat belt. In addition to this they replaced all 3 bushes on the rear end while they had the end dropped to save it having to be pulled down again. And over the years they have been just as good with my XR6.
scott looks after me too.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2012, 12:43 PM   #55
Jack960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey all

Needed a few things done to my car and Pako automotive in Geelong provided the best service ive experienced in my time of owning a car.
The owner is more then happy to discuss anything and everything, he is very informative.
The prices are very fair, got a quote from the local ford service place and pako automotive and it was almost half the price!

I highly recommend this place for anyone in the area
Jack960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2012, 04:39 AM   #56
Valid8
COOGES

Great thread, good to see people getting credit for their good service.
Old 23-01-2012, 12:37 AM   #57
benoxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

King Springs QLD, Jerry Holmes in sales/tech. Jerry first helped me out to ensure I was buying the correct gear, then when I had some problems after installing struts and springs, he personally phoned me to get a better handle on what was wrong and to help out as much as he could. Great personal service.
Old 23-01-2012, 12:47 AM   #58
benoxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
scott looks after me too.
Another for Wayne Phillis Service Centre, Reynella S.A.
Went there last Friday prydey, arrived with the Territory at 9am for both front control arm replacement, Scott set me up with the tv, newspaper and popped the air-cond on and coffee nearby. Didnt need any of it as I drove out at 9:25am. Looked like he had had a little win on lotto!
Old 23-01-2012, 02:37 PM   #59
prydey
Rob

yeah, scotts a great guy. always very friendly. if he's not busy he has plenty of time for a chat while waiting.

haven't spoken to him for a bit as i've had no reason to go in there. due for a service in 500km though.

i don't know any of the techs though but generally everything has been satisfactory. they did scratch a rim once but had it re powder coated without arguing.(ironically they noticed a screw in the tyre and were fixing it free of charge)

anyone down south, i'd recommend wayne phillis reynella. tell scott rob sent you.
Old 23-01-2012, 02:39 PM   #60
prydey
Rob

another shout out for great service

just bought an ipod module off 'mister fpv' on ebay (ebay store). contact was made within minutes and email stating item was posted within the hour.

how good is that. great prices too. has a range of goodies for bf/fg.