Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-03-2018, 05:10 PM   #31
colgood

Default Re: EB GT P07 (Pearl Black)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostercam View Post
With respect, it sounds like you already know everything there is except whether the prior owners had it serviced on time or not. Maybe you could list what your after to save being told what you already know. Best of luck.
Thanks mate. Actually it would be nice to know its history & what it was used for as a P car from new.
colgood is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2018, 05:52 PM   #32
PUMKIN
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss351290 View Post
I never saw that car. I think your confusing it with 007 a blue manual gt. That car was on display at kloster ford for about 2-3 months. My brother worked at Klosters and everytime a special falcon came in he would tell me and get me in the workshop to look at it. 007 was definitely blue manual.
Thanks BOSS351290 I concur that 007 definitely was a blue manual GT built on the 19/11/1992 whereabouts are unknown.
Originally ordered by PPT Investments, did not know it ended up at Kloster Ford
PUMKIN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2018, 06:09 PM   #33
PUMKIN
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by colgood View Post
My car is DEFINATELY P07 It is NOT A PROTOTYPE. It is a "P" as in PRE PRODUCTION. There were 10 "P" EB GT's The prototypes were tested (at the You Yangs) & yes as you righty said...were scrapped. Different to "P" cars that were used for promotional & press duties.
Col's car is NOT A PROTOTYPE. The 10 P cars built after the prototype were called PILOT or PRE-PRODUCTION cars.
He does own P07.
FYI... most of the 10 EBGT and 11 ELGT "P" cars are known to exist.
If you don't believe there any P cars left, I can suggest you contact the Bowdens about their 2 "P" cars or David Frake about his old "P" car
Cheers J
This user likes this post:
Old 06-03-2018, 06:22 PM   #34
Jsampson72
Starter Motor

Quote:
Correct. I know exactly what a P car is. I have P07!!!!!! Yes it is a 3999 (Ford Special Vehicles) I know what I have, I would just hope to find some history on it. And to those that don't know......P cars are NOT Prototype. They are Pre production. The first of the EB GT's . P01 to P10 There are 6 still to be 'alive'
Please include me in the “those that know” group, as I was there.

There is little point debating whether the P stands for prototype or pre production, as all pre production vehicles are technically prototypes (and almost never sold to the public).

The EBGT that was on general highway durability at the You Yangs was a pearl black manual and had a P0? (can’t recall the number) plaque on the passenger front door. It would make sense that it would be P01, which was the only black manual P car produced, as durability testing would have commenced as soon as possible.

Not trying to discredit you or your car, but just genuinely interested to understand its place in history.
Jsampson72 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2018, 06:35 PM   #35
colgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsampson72 View Post

There is little point debating whether the P stands for prototype or pre production, as all pre production vehicles are technically prototypes (and almost never sold to the public).

The EBGT that was on general highway durability at the You Yangs was a pearl black manual and had a P0? (can’t recall the number) plaque on the passenger front door. It would make sense that it would be P01, which was the only black manual P car produced, as durability testing would have commenced as soon as possible.

Not trying to discredit you or your car, but just genuinely interested to understand its place in history.
Absolutely & I thankyou for your comments. & this is the purpose of me posting on Ford Forums...with the hope that someone recognizes the car & can tell me its history. If you have a facebook page I can pm you the id plate etc & some pics. Someone asked me for pics of an ED XR8 I have & now I cant upload more pics.(& I don't understand how to do it). & as someone mentioned prior...the sido ends in 247
Old 06-03-2018, 06:46 PM   #36
PUMKIN
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsampson72 View Post

Correct Jsampson72, P01 was the only Manual Black Pearl produced. The other 3 Black P cars are Auto's.
EBGT P06 is for sale contact the Bowdens
Feel free to look up Tickford GT Owners group on Facebook we are admins
3 users like this post:
Old 06-03-2018, 06:55 PM   #37
PUMKIN
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser351 View Post
There are a number of ways to check if its a 'P' car. All 'P' car had the Dealer Code 3999 (Ford Motor Co.) All 'P' cars were built without Smartlock. P06 does have Smartlock, but it is believed to be dealer fitted by Q-Ford. P06 is owned by the Bowden Family and took place in the Cannonball run driven by Pete Geoghegan. All 'P' cars were re sidoed to xxx241 to xxx250, so I would assume P07 is xxx247?. It is not known it they were re sidoed consecutively, but going on what I have seen, it looks possible.
Attachment 98695
Hi browser351, please take no notice of the registry you have access to, the old registry is horribly inaccurate. We have all the build information on both both EB and EL GT's
Cheers J
Old 06-03-2018, 10:09 PM   #38
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Someone asked me for pics of an ED XR8 I have & now I cant upload more pics.(& I don't understand how to do it). & as someone mentioned prior...the sido ends in 247
If you want some pics posted use Postimage.org or email them to me and I can do it for you.
Old 07-03-2018, 09:11 AM   #39
browser351
Landcruiser 200

Hi browser351, please take no notice of the registry you have access to, the old registry is horribly inaccurate. We have all the build information on both both EB and EL GT's

In what way is it horribly inaccurate?
browser351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2018, 01:47 PM   #40
PUMKIN
Starter Motor

Quote:

In what way is it horribly inaccurate?
Hubby and I have found that it has wrong colours, options, transmissions and the big one is 2 cars listed as believed to be destroyed, but are alive and in our group And trust me the owners are not happy with their cars being listed as possibly destroyed.
Old 07-03-2018, 02:21 PM   #41
browser351
Landcruiser 200

I guess like most things, that list is only an indication of information given to the author at a particular time. To keep things as accurate as possible, maybe the author should be contacted to update the list and correct any mistakes. At least that way it stops inaccurate information being further distributed. I notice they did say 'believed destroyed' not 'definitely destroyed'. They are fantastic motor vehicles and yes all the information should be as accurate as possible.
At least 210 is definitely destroyed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eb gt 210_1.jpg (99.8 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg EB GT 210_2.jpg (118.1 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg EB GT 210_3.jpg (68.1 KB, 61 views)
2 users like this post:
Old 07-03-2018, 04:33 PM   #42
browser351
Landcruiser 200

Hi Col
Here are a couple of photos of P07 I have. They are fairly old and not good quality. I hope they help. Looks like WA plates ??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P07_1.jpg (6.4 KB, 299 views)
File Type: jpg P07_2.jpg (4.4 KB, 297 views)
File Type: jpg P07_3.jpg (61.5 KB, 75 views)
3 users like this post:
Old 07-03-2018, 04:41 PM   #43
PUMKIN
Starter Motor

Quote:
I guess like most things, that list is only an indication of information given to the author at a particular time. To keep things as accurate as possible, maybe the author should be contacted to update the list and correct any mistakes. At least that way it stops inaccurate information being further distributed. I notice they did say 'believed destroyed' not 'definitely destroyed'. They are fantastic motor vehicles and yes all the information should be as accurate as possible.
At least 210 is definitely destroyed.
I don't have any contact with original author lol. #157 and #219 are the cars in question.Bloke I know bought the kit from #210 and built a tribute to the original, except it's Black Pearl. BM
Old 07-03-2018, 04:45 PM   #44
PUMKIN
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUMKIN View Post
I don't have any contact with original author lol. #157 and #219 are the cars in question.Bloke I know bought the kit from #210 and built a tribute to the original, except it's Black Pearl. BM
Cheers
Old 07-03-2018, 05:15 PM   #45
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

Quote:
Yeah I have pics.....but have to work out how to attach!!!!!
That isnt a GT kit, its SSV kit produced in Sydney..

2012 GTP 213 black what was I thinking? NOW FOR SALE>>
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11439680
sbutler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2018, 05:22 PM   #46
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

Quote:
Col's car is NOT A PROTOTYPE. The 10 P cars built after the prototype were called PILOT or PRE-PRODUCTION cars.
He does own P07.
FYI... most of the 10 EBGT and 11 ELGT "P" cars are known to exist.
If you don't believe there any P cars left, I can suggest you contact the Bowdens about their 2 "P" cars or David Frake about his old "P" car
Cheers J
I owned P10 for many years, bought from Ford still with FAK *** number plates. But the dealer chucked them when he put NSW rego on it for me..

Old 08-03-2018, 12:49 PM   #47
PUMKIN
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss351290 View Post
That was back in September 1992.
#007 was built 19/11/92 BM
Old 08-03-2018, 12:58 PM   #48
PUMKIN
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbutler View Post
I owned P10 for many years, bought from Ford still with FAK *** number plates. But the dealer chucked them when he put NSW rego on it for me..
FAK150, car is still alive
Old 08-03-2018, 01:04 PM   #49
PUMKIN
Starter Motor

Quote:
Hi Col
Here are a couple of photos of P07 I have. They are fairly old and not good quality. I hope they help. Looks like WA plates ??
I believe those photos are from when P07 was for sale around 2014 in WA
Old 08-03-2018, 02:55 PM   #50
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I think those pics were in response to the post above, its a blue XR8 with kit.
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2018, 02:56 PM   #51
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hi Col
be interesting to see it now
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2018, 03:18 PM   #52
FPV414
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
There are a number of ways to check if its a 'P' car. All 'P' car had the Dealer Code 3999 (Ford Motor Co.) All 'P' cars were built without Smartlock. P06 does have Smartlock, but it is believed to be dealer fitted by Q-Ford. P06 is owned by the Bowden Family and took place in the Cannonball run driven by Pete Geoghegan. All 'P' cars were re sidoed to xxx241 to xxx250, so I would assume P07 is xxx247?. It is not known it they were re sidoed consecutively, but going on what I have seen, it looks possible.
Attachment 98695
Where did you get that table from? Is there something like that available for the later FPV cars? Seems as though there is stuff all information about on P cars and other prototypes, if only there was some thorough recording of what these cars were used for individually.

There have been some very interesting cars pop up on these forums over the years and none have had very good history.

It also boggles my mind how people can lose books for such important cars!
FPV414 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2018, 04:41 PM   #53
PUMKIN
Starter Motor

Quote:
Hubby and I have found that it has wrong colours, options, transmissions and the big one is 2 cars listed as believed to be destroyed, but are alive and in our group And trust me the owners are not happy with their cars being listed as possibly destroyed.
Sorry, no disrespect meant. Brian
Old 08-03-2018, 06:51 PM   #54
colgood

Quote:
Its actually a kit from NEWCASTLE SPECIAL VEHICLES fitted prior to delivery. Klosters Ford Newcastle added $4300 on top of the price of the XR8
Old 09-03-2018, 08:06 PM   #55
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Cheers J
Most of which you took from me then banned me from your wonderful little group. Class acts you two are.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:28 PM   #56
boss351290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
#007 was built 19/11/92 BM
Must have been december 1992 I remember my ea fairmont ghia about 2 years old. I so wanted that car but $67000 approx was too much for me. A 3 bedroom house in Mayfield was about $50000 so it was an expensive car,
boss351290 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2018, 08:50 AM   #57
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

Quote:
FAK150, car is still alive
Has someone here seen or own it???
It had huge history.

Old 11-03-2018, 08:51 AM   #58
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

Quote:
Its actually a kit from NEWCASTLE SPECIAL VEHICLES fitted prior to delivery. Klosters Ford Newcastle added $4300 on top of the price of the XR8
Yep & SSV at Top Ryde was the suppler to NSV

Old 11-03-2018, 09:51 AM   #59
colgood

Quote:
Yep & SSV at Top Ryde was the suppler to NSV
Yes....correct! Commonly known as an EB GT style body kit. One would expect original items on an original GT but being an XR8, I guess an aftermarket kit is ok. I personally would have preferred it without, but....that's the way I bought it.(& it still turns heads!) One owner, 50000k & like a new car. Thanks for your comments.....but I'm still none the wiser about the history of my black P07! I was hoping someone might have recalled it. Cheers mate.
Old 11-03-2018, 09:56 AM   #60
colgood

Quote:
Yes....correct! Commonly known as an EB GT style body kit. One would expect original items on an original GT but being an XR8, I guess an aftermarket kit is ok. I personally would have preferred it without, but....that's the way I bought it.(& it still turns heads!) One owner, 50000k & like a new car. Thanks for your comments.....but I'm still none the wiser about the history of my black P07! I was hoping someone might have recalled it. Cheers mate.
I actually bought this XR8 from a bloke just south of Newcastle. He bought a BF Cobra (& still has it)