Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-07-2019, 12:07 PM   #1
Ford17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Police Commodore and Van Protect Innocent FG-X from Damage by Hapless Drug-Running Van

The parked FG-X was fortunately well protected by the Police vehicles here:

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...ed-police-cars
Ford17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2019, 12:58 PM   #2
Electrolyte Burns

Default Re: Police Commodore and Van Protect Innocent FG-X from Damage by Hapless Drug-Running Van

Great catch. Horrible drug.
Electrolyte Burns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2019, 01:36 PM   #3
bangm001
Mopar! But Own F6's..

Default Re: Police Commodore and Van Protect Innocent FG-X from Damage by Hapless Drug-Running Van

Full extent of the law against these mongrels. Its becoming a very serious problem
Old 24-07-2019, 02:52 PM   #4
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Always good to see this trash removed from circulation, driver and the meth.....

Gotta say though the Hiace came out of that way better than the Commodore (write off), i know it was a glancing blow and the Hiace is banged up, but they don't even look like they where in the same crash....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2019, 02:58 PM   #5
Vekgib

Said to Mrs Vekgib when it was on the news last night:
"Thank God that van was there. At least the Falcon is alright."

Stuff this,I'm going to play a few shots & see what happens.
Vekgib is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2019, 03:27 PM   #6
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

But... Wasn’t the Gov’t telling us that all the ice was being run by OMCGs?

I happened to drive past the arrest scene, just a copper or two about.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2019, 06:14 PM   #7
ozpacman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
So you don't reckon they'd be smart enough to organise a van?
ozpacman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2019, 06:36 PM   #8
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't know who is more stupid, the guys hiring this idiot or the idiot himself, sampling the wares?
He had one job to do, drive from point A to point B.
$200 mill worth of merchandise gone, his life probably isn't worth that much to the mob paying him.
If it was a script for TV, like Hawaii 50 or NCIS you would say, "Who dreams this crp up", but sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.
3 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2019, 06:58 PM   #9
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozpacman View Post
So you don't reckon they'd be smart enough to organise a van?
No, they’d put it in duffle bags and exchange in the gym carpark.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-07-2019, 07:30 PM   #10
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Courts aren't hard enough on these scum bags, if I was in a position of power i'd beg borrow and steal the money to build a BIG corrections facility in the outback and give the green light to Police to random drug test anyone and everyone they consider may have come in contact with the **** and lock them away for a term of hard labour.
You wont stop the people making it as the revenue is too big a carrot, but start locking up the users and let it be known that you'll go down if caught with it in your system and the cash flow will dry up.

If I tried to do myself in they'd lock me away as a danger to myself, well using this **** is a slow death by your own hand so should be treated as such.

My2c.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2019, 07:32 PM   #11
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The police car and van really went out of their way to protect and serve the FG-X. We salute you.
Old 24-07-2019, 07:34 PM   #12
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In other good news, the young one showed me the Facebook page

"Storm the old Ford Factory and remake the AU Falcon"

28K likes, I think we could get this going...
Old 24-07-2019, 08:34 PM   #13
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't know which would be worse for the driver in this case.
Going to slammer or be let off to go face the music with his 'Boss'
CyberWasp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2019, 08:45 PM   #14
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

****ing meth......Same gutter trash crap as GBH....****ing terrible **** that seriously needs to be stomped on ASAP!!!

Thank god the FGX is unharmed.
GASWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2019, 09:07 PM   #15
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Crash happened because ice made the road slippery.

You'd think while drug running you would be extra careful. Well anyone with more than a room temperature IQ would.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2019, 09:43 PM   #16
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangm001 View Post
Full extent of the law against these mongrels. Its becoming a very serious problem
Losing all that ice in such a stupid way, I think the law will be the least of his problems.

Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2019, 02:27 PM   #17
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender

I happened to drive past the arrest scene, just a copper or two about.
Bit hard to attach a trailer to a motorbike to tow 100kg of ice.

Who says this stuff wasn't being onsold to the bikies for distribution?
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2019, 05:44 PM   #18
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Courts aren't hard enough on these scum bags, if I was in a position of power i'd beg borrow and steal the money to build a BIG corrections facility in the outback and give the green light to Police to random drug test anyone and everyone they consider may have come in contact with the **** and lock them away for a term of hard labour.
You wont stop the people making it as the revenue is too big a carrot, but start locking up the users and let it be known that you'll go down if caught with it in your system and the cash flow will dry up.

If I tried to do myself in they'd lock me away as a danger to myself, well using this **** is a slow death by your own hand so should be treated as such.

My2c.
Maybe if anyone is that stupid to use such drugs why should we truly care about them let alone anyone who deals with such dealers, as your numbers up at any tick of the clock, you may be blown away ect, the thing is that no one should be so stupid.

Why should anyone tolerate such people.

I had a mate who go into dealing speed, he was a good bloke but dumb as a post and after he got into that stuff what a wast of space he is on the mental pension now. he thought was a real tuff guy, some sort of superman that could handle such better than anyone other could.

Another real good bloke I knew died and was not a dumb person but once on that type of stuff you can not trust them at all, as they are out of control.

I believe if a cop wants to test someone for drugs like that on the spot, I am all for it and then deal [deleted] with no kid gloves BS that we do here. the [deleted] get results as they don't have political correctness or any of all that moronic childish cry baby crap like we do here nowadays that just does not work, Australia only truly encourages more and more idiots here and that's a fact.

Last edited by PG2; 26-07-2019 at 12:05 AM. Reason: This sort of terminology is not really acceptable these days.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2019, 06:18 PM   #19
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick taylor View Post
Maybe if anyone is that stupid to use such drugs why should we truly care about them let alone anyone who deals with such dealers, as your numbers up at any tick of the clock, you may be blown away ect, the thing is that no one should be so stupid.
To get these scum bags off the streets and out of good peoples lives for a start and with any luck the ripple effect of knowing the repercussions for being stupid enough to go there in the first place might deter future customers and lead to a downturn in business and revenue.

The damage done to innocent people whilst the inevitable is running its course is what I hate the most, I have zero sympathy/empathy/compassion for the user.

My Wife's brother has bled his parents dry to fund his ice addiction, good people who are now struggling to make ends meet in retirement because every dollar they ever saved went in to his body.
3 weeks ago his skank suffered a massive heart attack and had to be resuscitated 3 times, she then signed herself out of hospital 4 days later, went home, started a big row with him and he knifed himself in the neck.
I've watched this **** destroy a good family.

Last edited by BENT_8; 25-07-2019 at 06:25 PM.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post