Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-04-2006, 12:39 AM   #1
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Default $105 Parking Ticket %#$^%^%*&

Evening.

Just wanted to vent my extreme anger and frustration at getting a parking ticket after an otherwise law abiding, innocent and society-supporting night out at the local cinema with dinner at a local eatery. The local council decided it wanted the tip... $105 worth for parking in a No Standing zone aparrently. Whilst I don't argue the validity of this, I was indeed parked in one, the spirit of it all is what sucks. Got done at 10:10pm for a 10pm to 7am No standing zone, in a Melburnian suburb in the middle of suburbia, nowhere near a main road or arterial. Missed it by maybe 5 minutes too, got to my car around 10:15pm.

No sign of the bottom-feeding rear-end material eating societal terrorist who used his beady little eyes to cast shame upon all humans by staring at my numberplate and breathing the oxygen within our atmosphere and using his grubby little digits to print out a waste of ink on his narrow little slip of toilet paper. ON A SATURDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not happy Jan. Never lost a point in over 150,000km of driving over 7 years in multiple states, never had anything other than one parking fine, now I've got my second. Achieves NOTHING!!!!! Except more revenue.

I have a mate who is registered in a state other than Victoria who has received multiple tickets over more than a year here in Victoria and never once received a letter following up at his NSW home address (he hasn't paid a single one) so I was wondering if this was truth that they just don't follow up the interstate ones...

The ticket also said it's for a sedan when I don't own a sedan but a hatch... that grounds for appeal? Or simple non payment?

So much for doing the right thing and supporting your local entertainment and restaurant facilities.

Old 23-04-2006, 01:03 AM   #2
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Another reason I wont live in a city, let alone MLB. Just pay it and be done. I was once so angry with a parking revenue raising cop that I threw his book down a MLB drain. It was in Russell St I think.....
Outbackjack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2006, 01:39 AM   #3
donno
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
The ticket also said it's for a sedan when I don't own a sedan but a hatch... that grounds for appeal? Or simple non payment?
Worth a shot. My sister got off one for the wrong colour. Don't know how they got red confused with a gold tinged silver.

Comming soon: T04Z, plenum, TrueTrac.
donno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2006, 01:45 AM   #4
2kool4u

Location: I live in my own little world, but it's alright, the people know me here

just don't pay it, and if they chase it up just say they must have made a mistake you own a hatch, the ticket is for a sedan.
2kool4u is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2006, 01:51 AM   #5
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have no sympathy whatsoever for anyone that parks in a no-standing zone, especially in Melbourne.I once had a delivery in a laneway off Little Collins street and when I went to drive out of the street I was unable to get the turn of the truck as there were two people parked in no-standing zone.As a result I was stuck there for three and a half hours.Which cost ME a lot more money than your $105 as I lost a load that I was supposed to pick up to go to Sydney.So I say TUFF S H I T. You broke the law ,pay the fine and stop your whinging.
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2006, 02:05 AM   #6
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPID XR8
I have no sympathy whatsoever for anyone that parks in a no-standing zone, especially in Melbourne.I once had a delivery in a laneway off Little Collins street and when I went to drive out of the street I was unable to get the turn of the truck as there were two people parked in no-standing zone.As a result I was stuck there for three and a half hours.Which cost ME a lot more money than your $105 as I lost a load that I was supposed to pick up to go to Sydney.So I say TUFF S H I T. You broke the law ,pay the fine and stop your whinging.
And I don't deny that I parked there. But it wasn't a laneway in a city where there was a very strong chance I couldn't park anyway. It was a street that being 15km at least from the city is wide enough for 2 semis to drag each other, with cars parked on the sides. City/St Kilda whatever, understood. Just where I got done serves no point.

This thread isn't a quesition on the legality of the placement of the sign, it's a question on how I can get away with not paying the greedy ИИИИers.
Old 23-04-2006, 08:57 AM   #7
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

How do you think when they introduced pay parking at my school. My gf got done twice in as many weeks. Thats what I call revenue raising - putting in payparking for all the surrounding car parks and only allowing 66 spaces for a school of over 600 ppl, all of which are over 16....

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2006, 09:10 AM   #8
Gilesie
You gotta pay to play

Quote:
This thread isn't a quesition on the legality of the placement of the sign, it's a question on how I can get away with not paying the greedy ИИИИers.
If you did the crime do the time

2003 Mazda Bravo (work truck)

1979 F100 Ambo
Gilesie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2006, 09:14 AM   #9
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
You are, and were, aware of the consequenses (sp) of parking where you parked. Time to step up and be a Man. :
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2006, 09:16 AM   #10
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

If your still looking for the answer your after and not being told to pay it 10000 times, try searching the net on other aussie forums. Im sure someone else has been in the same situation that you can get ideas from.
Old 23-04-2006, 09:22 AM   #11
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
But it wasn't a laneway in a city where there was a very strong chance I couldn't park anyway. It was a street that being 15km at least from the city is wide enough for 2 semis to drag each other, with cars parked on the sides. City/St Kilda whatever, understood. Just where I got done serves no point.
My question would be, if you're so far away from anything else - why wasn't there anywhere legitimate to park?
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2006, 09:28 AM   #12
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Well done to all those people who abused the parking inspectors, HOW DARE they do their jobs and earn a living, shame on them. I bet when you get done for speeding you blame the police for that too. I'm sick and tired of people bleating about how it isn't fair that they got booked for this or that, grow up take some responsibility for your own actions and live with it, the rest of us do. I hate revenue raising fines just as much as the next bloke but I hate it when people "shoot the messenger" so to speak. If you don't like the laws write to yor local MP and tell them. :

P.S I'm a Security guard and used to hear this type of B.S all the time from 15-16 y.o offenders. This is not a personal attack on anyone specific either so don't have a go at me. :newangel:
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2006, 11:25 AM   #13
qwigybo
hunting 300kw's

i tend to agree with everyone he was just doing his job.... but 10mins is BS (especially if the movie had delayed start or you had crappy service at the restraunt and thought you would be back in time (copped that before) i hate the ones who stand there and wait for the meter to runout that is a joke
qwigybo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2006, 11:33 AM   #14
parawolf
beep beep

Pay the damn fine. You screwed up, you took the gamble and lost.
Old 23-04-2006, 11:49 AM   #15
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

This is all good and well, but I suggest everyone here try on my shoes for a moment - be given a parking fine WITHOUT BASIS, appeal it, and have the appeal denied. Thank you Newcastle City Council.

So how does that happen if all these precious individuals are doing is their job? Hmm?
Old 23-04-2006, 11:53 AM   #16
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Evening.

Just wanted to vent my extreme anger and frustration at getting a parking ticket after an otherwise law abiding, innocent and society-supporting night out at the local cinema with dinner at a local eatery. The local council decided it wanted the tip... $105 worth for parking in a No Standing zone aparrently. Whilst I don't argue the validity of this, I was indeed parked in one, the spirit of it all is what sucks. Got done at 10:10pm for a 10pm to 7am No standing zone, in a Melburnian suburb in the middle of suburbia, nowhere near a main road or arterial. Missed it by maybe 5 minutes too, got to my car around 10:15pm.

No sign of the bottom-feeding rear-end material eating societal terrorist who used his beady little eyes to cast shame upon all humans by staring at my numberplate and breathing the oxygen within our atmosphere and using his grubby little digits to print out a waste of ink on his narrow little slip of toilet paper. ON A SATURDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not happy Jan. Never lost a point in over 150,000km of driving over 7 years in multiple states, never had anything other than one parking fine, now I've got my second. Achieves NOTHING!!!!! Except more revenue.

I have a mate who is registered in a state other than Victoria who has received multiple tickets over more than a year here in Victoria and never once received a letter following up at his NSW home address (he hasn't paid a single one) so I was wondering if this was truth that they just don't follow up the interstate ones...

So much for doing the right thing and supporting your local entertainment and restaurant facilities.
Would you be happy if you wanted to tape your favourite show on TV, and set the video for 10pm, but it didn't start until 10.15pm, meaning you missed 15 minutes? This is no different. If something (especially a no standing/parking zone) has defined hours, you are probably lucky you didn't get towed.

As for doing the "right" thing - if you had, you wouldn't have got a ticket.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2006, 11:56 AM   #17
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tell em some bast***'s let your tyres down.... thus, you couldnt move the car...

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2006, 12:00 PM   #18
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle
This is all good and well, but I suggest everyone here try on my shoes for a moment - be given a parking fine WITHOUT BASIS, appeal it, and have the appeal denied. Thank you Newcastle City Council.

So how does that happen if all these precious individuals are doing is their job? Hmm?
Same has happened to me, thank you City of Yarra for booking me in Melbourne at the same time I was getting fuel in Ballarat that I still have the reciept for, and i'm not saying that there are not over-zealous knobs out there but if you screw up take it on the chin and get on with life.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2006, 01:32 PM   #19
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:

pay up and shut up

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2006, 01:53 PM   #20
Ultimate
Pimp Daddy Pimp Pimp

Location: Queensland Events Assistant Co-Ordinator. Fiery's Little Helper

Sorry dude but your in a no standing zone after 10pm you get booked. I know i would hate it as well but thats the law mate sorry
---------------------------------------------------
AFF Merchandise

Excellent Purchases With: AFF Team, Rooster, Russ
Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2006, 01:58 PM   #21
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadman
My question would be, if you're so far away from anything else - why wasn't there anywhere legitimate to park?
Mine2?

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2006, 07:54 PM   #22
zetec
Zoom Zoom

I was expecting the barrage of "Pay it, you broke the law" and I agree, I did break the law. I can't argue with the facts and I appreciate the many people who have taken the time to tell me so. I was not aware that I would be illegally parked, I didn't "take a chance" as I simply didn't know that it was an active No standing zone, I saw "No standing 10xx - 7xx but assumed it was 10am to 7pm and not the other way around. Ignorance is not a defence unfortunately. My error, my problem.

Never had a go at any security guards or coppers, they all do a brilliant job. They exist for public security and assistance. I just don't agree with parking inspectors as they do absolutely NOTHING for society other than ИИИИ people off. I'd estimate most tickets are slapped on easy revenue spots and that local councils don't make efforts to enforce real safety areas like clearways etc as much as their favourite little "cash-cow" spots. I might be wrong.

As for taping the video and missing 15 minutes, I'd be hella ИИИИed off if it cost me $105.

I was venting my frustration because I'll be damned if whilst paying taxes and then taxes upon taxes in my fuel that I'l just going to merrily hand out another $100.

At the end of the day, I have to live with the consequences, I'm not living in a dreamland. But if there's a way I can avoid paying, I'd be a damned blatant fool not to seek it out. Things like wrong vehicle body type on the ticket was something I perhaps thought might be grounds for appeal or non-payment. I won't lose any sleep or more money over it, just wanted to call on the experience of anyone who'd experienced the same situation.
Old 23-04-2006, 08:02 PM   #23
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreHPformyXR6
Mine2?
Carpark was full, drove around for 5 minutes to no avail and decided to get as close as possible without going to an adjacent car park which would involve parking in a near empty car-park on a saturday night and having to walk back to the car after 10:00pm in the dark. I took the easier and safer option of parking on the street at the adge of the main carpark. ИИИИ happens.
Old 23-04-2006, 08:11 PM   #24
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think it seems an extremely strange time that is on the sign. I must admit if I look at a sign, I don't look if it says am or pm, I would just assume it said am..
Why the heck does it say PM..? If I were you, go to the local council (or your local member), take a pic of where the sign is, and where you were parked and ask them why is it PM? It might be a legitimate enough that they will either waive the fine or something.
It can't hurt to see.

Is there a reason its at that particular time? Doesn't it seem strange to anyone else? Or is this normal for the city type areas?
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2006, 08:18 PM   #25
parawolf
beep beep

It is fairly normal for areas that have 'solid' nightlife but nearby residential areas - eg South Yarra near Chapel St. There are usually residential area exceptions for people that life in the area.

Also businesses nearby that have night time delivery schedule or shift work (eg food markets like Queen Vic).

There are plenty of plausiable reasons for a night time no-standing/clearway zone.
Old 23-04-2006, 08:55 PM   #26
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Quote:
It has achieve something, i bet you'll think twice before parking there again.
Old 23-04-2006, 08:58 PM   #27
zetec
Zoom Zoom

True that.
Old 23-04-2006, 10:13 PM   #28
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Yeh dont worry I think this has happened to all of us, last year we went to the AFL in Brisbane at the Gabba and got done 50 bucks x 2 cars, we were tempted to take a maxi taxi but thought it would be cheaper to drive, oh we were wrong. There was no sign anywhere near my car either which sucked, but it was a no standing zone for more then 2 hours, oh well you live and learn.

I paid the fine as I dont need any issues with the law but i seriously think $100 bucks is a disgrace, should be $30 max.

I must say PARKING IS A DISGRACE in the Brisbane CBD or around any sporting events etc... :
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2006, 10:15 PM   #29
xxxc
tuff

haha wtf is with people posting useless threads complaining about something they did wrong!

pay the fine and get over it you were late by 5mins what can you do...
xxxc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2006, 10:25 PM   #30
Disco1986

Yeah you win some you lose some, i guess although ive been lucky so far and won touch wood! Would you like a tissue?
Disco1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post