Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > F6 Owners Club of Australia

Old 31-01-2010, 04:31 PM   #31
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Ok here are a few places that I got from the visit Victoria website, have a bit of a look and let me know, I'll call them once we have some kind of concensus on a venue.

http://www.visitvictoria.com/display...DDBD1F1D3E508/
http://www.visitvictoria.com/display...42D7B8BD35783/
http://www.visitvictoria.com/display...1A5052C0C8808/
http://www.visitvictoria.com/display...3314F5DCC65FC/
http://www.visitvictoria.com/display...2BAFB23B0FA70/
http://www.visitvictoria.com/display...C35658E29A226/
http://www.visitvictoria.com/display...514177D0D8119/

Although, I was thinking the berry farms we could do after lunch as a bit of a dessert treat LOL, up to you all and I guess depending on time, but if we head back the Hume all the way back we'd have the time.

Time to think now folks, if I don't get much response before Tuesday I'll just make a decision :
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2010, 12:18 PM   #32
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Ok have had some people worried about the length of time in the cars, so I've come up with an alternative, how about we take most of the same route, excluding Mansfield and head out to the Ned Kelly museum in Glenrowan. This takes about an hour and a bit off the drive time, wooses : , but as some are bringing kids from what I've been told might be worthwhile, and we might just learn something as well LOL.

Anyway, let me know what you all think, I'm not getting much feedback in the forum so I can only go off what concerns are raised to me personally by members.

Also Phillip Island was mentioned again, I'm thinking in about a months time and we can try to work it around a race event at the track so we can enjoy some racing, watching that is.

Here's a revised map to Glenrowan:

http://www.whereis.com/?id=334250010FDC77
Old 01-02-2010, 12:36 PM   #33
RAMD67

Not sure if the roads might be a bit twisty for the kids but there are two really nice roads we are missing out on. Either we could go from Mansfield to Whitfield or Mansfield to Tatong...I love these two stretches of tarmac!

It would add about 50 mins to the trip if we did one stretch on the way up and then the above suggested route on the way back. Again might not gel with this cruise cause of the added level of drive involvement but worth a thought.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:14 PM   #34
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Keep it in mind bud, if we can we will
Old 01-02-2010, 07:05 PM   #35
FORCED F6
VIC The Place to Boost

I dont mind the twisty roads n stuff, but not sure if the drivers are bringing their family/kids etc. As long as its not too much of a long drive, im fine with it... Thats why I suggested maybe if we should just go to phillip island instead...
Old 02-02-2010, 10:46 AM   #36
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTR
Ok have had some people worried about the length of time in the cars, so I've come up with an alternative, how about we take most of the same route, excluding Mansfield and head out to the Ned Kelly museum in Glenrowan. This takes about an hour and a bit off the drive time, wooses : , but as some are bringing kids from what I've been told might be worthwhile, and we might just learn something as well LOL.
I don't have kids and I was concerned about the length of the drive too. I live in Melb, and it would be near 700km before I saw home. And I have to goto Sydney on Monday for a couple of weeks, it probably would have been easier just to keep on going to Sydney.

I mentioned the route to the couple of guys that might come with me, and they just laughed and said "no way"... Was even stopping me from coming too.

The new route looks a little better and shorter, but still long for a day cruise... Even though I might have to pike early because of my trip.

And whats the deal with the worrying about kids. Being a cruise mod on another forum, I know what its like and the arguments behind it... But to me it always comes down to we're there for the cars, as the drivers of the cars, and the routes should be picked based on what what is most enjoyable for the driver. If that means throwing the thing around the black spur or GOR or some nice alpine road with passengers sliding back and forth, then so be it.
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2010, 12:48 PM   #37
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Long??

Good thing you never come along on the first cruise then LOL.

Bud I've just been informed that my driver will be off work from Firday to Thursday, so I'll be jumping in the truck sometime Friday either here in Melb or maybe in Wagga, maybe Thursday night if he's coming through Melbourne then. Then back for the cruise somehow Sunday and off again either that night or very early next morning.

All up I'll be covering a total, hopefully more LOL, of around 5000+kms for the 6 days hahaha, 700 too much, well if you pull it down into halves it's only 350 each way LOL.

I cut it short because of people with kids, if they need to slow down then they know where we'll be but from past experience they usually keep up no probs coz the kids love it just as much, not sure about the kids coming along on this one though. Glenrowan might be easier and that way give the kids as well as the adults something to do at the museum.

Also if you or others are thinking of coming then please add your names to the list so that we can have a better idea of numbers should we need to organize things like parking and meal arrangements.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:21 PM   #38
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Long??

Good thing you never come along on the first cruise then LOL.
I've done that trip before, its only about 500km, not 700. So similar in length to the trip to Glenrowan thats planned.

Quote:
All up I'll be covering a total, hopefully more LOL, of around 5000+kms for the 6 days hahaha, 700 too much, well if you pull it down into halves it's only 350 each way LOL.
Yes, for work. I've driven 900 to 1000km a day getting places too. Its easily done and I have no problems with it... But that kind of ignores the social aspect of the cruise as your always in your car.

Quote:
Also if you or others are thinking of coming then please add your names to the list so that we can have a better idea of numbers should we need to organize things like parking and meal arrangements.
We should be included in the numbers that NFORCD had sourced from other forums.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:07 PM   #39
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And I see you were in Lavo North this afternoon XRQTR... Spotted you on the way home coming out of Cherry Lane.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:59 PM   #40
XRQTR
TBA Customs

The UHF makes up a large part of the social aspect while we're moving, not too much though, but we do stop evry so often, it's not just in the car the entire time. Seeing as this one will start a bit later then we may not stop as much of course due to time, but if we make good time then that might change, all depends on the day and what people are comfortable with.

You'll see what I mean on the bud.

Ye I had to go give my brother a hand, we both contract for Patricks, were you in an FG??
Old 02-02-2010, 08:22 PM   #41
FORCED F6
VIC The Place to Boost

So what are peoples thoughts on this next one??? I asked the boys (who I know close) they suggested maybe we should just hit phillip island also. Not sure what other peoples thoughts are as it might be a long trip if we were to drive a long long way out than back...

I also had another thought, but not sure if everyone would have been up for it thats why I didnt mention it. It was to hit queenscliff thru geelong, than put all the cars on the boat and cross over to rye. This way we can talk on the boat and when we get across have lunch there and head back to melbourne??? Not sure what the cost is exactly but from memory its about $40-60 for putting the car on it plus 1 person. But we may need to call up and organise this...

What are your thoughts on these guys???
Old 02-02-2010, 10:33 PM   #42
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ye I had to go give my brother a hand, we both contract for Patricks, were you in an FG??
Nah, work mates Golf.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:42 PM   #43
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Hey Oz are you talking about this one or the next one??

Phillip Island would be pretty much freeway all the way, I do like your idea about the ferry though.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:13 PM   #44
FORCED F6
VIC The Place to Boost

I meant for this cruise...
Old 03-02-2010, 03:07 PM   #45
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Mate it's a bit late to go changing destinations a few days out from the event, some might have planned their days to suit it, the only thing you can do is pose the question on the morning and see what everyone wants.

That's why I always ask for suggestions early on so that everyone gets a chance to raise any concerns they may have about an even.I know some of these guys aren't regular members but it might pay for them to have a look when something is on and bring up any issues then.

I'm not saying no at this point but I am saying it would only be fair to let those that have planned their days for it to be able to make the final decision.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:56 PM   #46
FORCED F6
VIC The Place to Boost

Nah its cool, we'll leave it at that than for the time being unless others have other opinions and see what happens on the day itself...

Cant be bothered scrolling up, whats the meet up time again and where? Sorry to be annoying, LoL)
Old 05-02-2010, 05:46 PM   #47
FORCED F6
VIC The Place to Boost

Just to let you know stef, and the rest of the crew... I told my boys that its at 8:30am meet up and 9am depart...( Although that was still too early for them).
Old 06-02-2010, 12:28 AM   #48
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Well I'm out, ended up getting a Brisbane after Sydney and the Gong, then back to Sydney before I get back maybe late Monday, typing this at Port Kembla depot right now about to leave for Brissy.

Hope it all goes ok whatever the decision ends up being.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:14 PM   #49
RAMD67

Hey Oz I'll be there in the morning.

Which part of the plaza are you guys meeting up?
Old 06-02-2010, 04:06 PM   #50
FORCED F6
VIC The Place to Boost

Well, fair enough than Stef...

RAMD67;
yeh definately...
Old 06-02-2010, 05:22 PM   #51
scortso
scortso

Hi OZ this is Jim(white Rspec)
spoke with Paul this avo and will hook up with him and see you guys at the plaza
scortso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2010, 06:56 PM   #52
FORCED F6
VIC The Place to Boost

Oh thats right, I was speaking to him bout you last night, so its all good. Cya tomorrow Jim...
Old 06-02-2010, 10:49 PM   #53
linmup
linmup

So were are we going???
linmup is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2010, 12:19 AM   #54
FORCED F6
VIC The Place to Boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by linmup
So were are we going???
look we may change it to something else, but not sure at this point... We will figure it out in the morning mate, see what ppl say...
Old 07-02-2010, 12:25 AM   #55
FORCED F6
VIC The Place to Boost

Ok just to let you guys know that I have come to the conclusion now that we will just meet up at 8:30, leave before 9am if everyone is on time anyhow...

Me and Frank will be there approx 8:15(will try to), just in case others come early and wait around...

Hope to see you all in the morning, until than take care...
Old 07-02-2010, 12:44 AM   #56
IQUIK6

we r going on the biggest f6 cruze around bring ur camera n make sure u b apart of the biggest f6 cruze around its going to b an awsome day n wat better way to spend the day cruzing along some great scenery and wif a group of f6 enthusiasts who will admire eachothers awsome rides... LETS GET OUT THERE TAKE PLENTY OF PHOTOS and let everyone see wat this cruze is about... lets have a awsome time... C U ALL THERE!!!
IQUIK6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2010, 01:27 AM   #57
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Well I just parked up at a Caltex just off the Pacific Hwy in Surfers, talk about scenery LOL, well mostly trees haha, detouring around the GC, be in Sydney tomorrow then Bacl Monday. Get a heap of pics no matter where you go just make sure to stay safe and keep out of trouble.

Catch ya'z all soon.

****ed I'm missing it, I really had hoped to get to this one as well.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:36 PM   #58
FORCED F6
VIC The Place to Boost

damm right you missed out stef.... Was a good turn out, Be right back, gotta get coffee now......
Old 08-02-2010, 10:57 AM   #59
SLYF6
BPR TUNED MACHINE

How many cars, where did you end up going and any photo?

Injectors, K&N filter, 8 psi actuator, Ported turbo housing, Full SS X Force system and tune by the great staff @
Blue Power Racing Developments :eclipsee_
SLYF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2010, 05:18 PM   #60
FORCED F6
VIC The Place to Boost

Ok... So we all gathered at Epping and left just after 9:30am towards st.kilda. Did a quick stop over for drinks, fuel up, etc (was also waiting on another friend to join us). From there we set off to portsea pub going thru beach rd. I believe it was about 12:30 by than and after we all parked the cars, had lunch at the pub there ( too bad we couldn't get any seats outside, but it was all good).

Soon after, we all decided to head upto Arthurs seat lookout, had ice-creams, bit of chit chat, took some photos, enjoying the scenery. soon after we all set back towards home and cruised it all the way.

In total there was 9 cars, which was still a good turn out considering so many ppl/members backed out STEF. So yeh, overall a very nice day and everyone was driving rather sensibly and easy. Again, was nice to meet the new and familiar faces, hope to see you all on the next cruise, which I think ill be organising this time STEF.

Adrian also did very well with taking the lead in this cruise for most of the time, so would like to thank him once again for it...

Here are some photos which were posted up on the other forums, so thanks to Sunny and Adrian for these, I will let him post up the rest of the photos...