Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 27-06-2006, 01:20 PM   #31
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

This is another forum where this story has pushed some emo's...
Some for, some against death....

Hopefully I don't get hung be the mods for posting a link in here...???
(sorry, trying so hard to make light of this very dark act) :

Overclockers
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
Old 27-06-2006, 01:21 PM   #32
Yummy Mummy

I'm sitting at my desk at work, and just started crying when I read that.

That poor little boy. He is going to be haunted by that for the rest of his life. Such an absolute tragedy. I hope they string the guy up by his testicles and let him stay there and rot.

Condolences to the family.
Old 27-06-2006, 01:25 PM   #33
biomechanic
Freudian Slippers

I'm not sure what I find more sickening - the death of an 8 year old girl, or the calls for revenge killing, torture, and rape from this forum.

// JMM "Street Fighter" Headers
// JMM 2.5" Mandrel Bent Exhaust
// JMM Ignition Leads
// JMM Hi-Performance Valve Springs
// Mandrel bent intake
// K&N Pod Filter
// 17" x 8" GT wheels
// 130+ rwkw
Old 27-06-2006, 01:28 PM   #34
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

21yo man has been charged with murder

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...174162580.html
Old 27-06-2006, 01:29 PM   #35
Abacus
Life's a Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT 8888
This is tragic, I have an 8 year old daughter and I can't imagine the pain that the family is going through at the moment.

Can't say I am an advocate for the death penalty, but events like this really get you thinking again.

Brad
I have an 8 year old daughter also. And events like this make me 100% in favour of the death penalty.

Even if they catch the bastard, what's going to happen? At the very worst, twenty five years with a colour TV. By the time that little girl should have been 33, with a young family of her own and the rest of her life ahead of her, that grub will be back on the outside laughing at the rest of us because we're paying for his social security.

It costs around $50,000pa to keep a prisoner in medium security. Assuming the pig that did this gets 25 years, we will have paid about $1,250,000 to keep him alive. Surely the money would be better spent elsewhere? Schools for starters.

I honestly cannot understand the mentality of anybody, and in particular fathers of young children, that are in favour of keeping filth like this alive.
Old 27-06-2006, 01:33 PM   #36
Abacus
Life's a Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by biomechanic
I'm not sure what I find more sickening - the death of an 8 year old girl, or the calls for revenge killing, torture, and rape from this forum.
If you really don't know which of the above is more sickening, you should be in jail with the maggot that killed the girl.
Old 27-06-2006, 01:42 PM   #37
4.9 EF Futura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacus
I honestly cannot understand the mentality of anybody, and in particular fathers of young children, that are in favour of keeping filth like this alive.
Perhaps you'd appreciate the perspective of such a person?

The reason why I would not be in favour of the death penalty is a) death is an easy way out and b) WHAT IF YOU PUT THE WRONG PERSON TO DEATH?

a) is fairly self explanatory. As for b)...

In your opinion, how many cases of the death penalty would it be acceptable to get "wrong". i.e. what % of death sentences do you think it would be acceptable where said person is later found to be innocent?

I would argue 0%. The state has no right to kill innocent people. You cant gurantee 0% wrongful execution. You cannot.

What if you were the innocent facing a lethal injection?
Old 27-06-2006, 01:42 PM   #38
biomechanic
Freudian Slippers

Quote:
If you really don't know which of the above is more sickening, you should be in jail with the maggot that killed the girl.
And this is why people like you don't run the country.

The little girls body isn't even cold yet, and you want to add to the body count. What sort of person does that make you? You're running off emotion - which is fair enough, you're a father, and you love your children, you'd do anything for them.

But what do you think the justice system would be like if it ran off emotion? It'd be chaos - we'd be skipping the collection of evidence, interviews, a trial and going straight to a good old fashion public hangin'. Who cares about guilt or innocence, or trying to search for understanding.

WE WANT BLOOD! SNAP HIS NECK!

It is neither intelligent, wise, or civil.
It is simplistic bloodlust.

// JMM Ignition Leads
// Mandrel bent intake
// K&N Pod Filter
// 17" x 8" GT wheels
// 130+ rwkw
Old 27-06-2006, 01:43 PM   #39
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.9 EF Futura
21yo man has been charged with murder

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...174162580.html
Being around that age makes me even more sick to the stomach.

How could a person even contemplate doing that?
Old 27-06-2006, 01:50 PM   #40
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Calm down mate. Thats just being ridiculous.

Everyone is entitled to their point of view.

The problem is that it is too easy and emotionally satisfying to want someone dead for that sort of crime and to vocalise it in a very angry and violent manner. Its just the way we are. However, to consider an alternative to all the revenge killing and such things, takes an ability to think clearly with a lot less emotion, in a more clinical manner (which is required when discussing capital punishment) and an ability to see the crime in the context of society as opposed to one isolated act, and what effect it all has on that society.

Thinking that way sounds soft but the thing is that at the end of the day, these sorts of decisions cannot be made by an emotional and possibly irrational mob with revenge on their minds, but by someone who is more distant and who can make a decision on behalf of the community, not their own emotions. We would all be in trouble if it wasnt that way.

As for going to jail being a soft penalty, well it very much depends. I think life for someone like that in jail could be VERY miserable and people like him often try to kill themselves anyway.

I am not going to argue that our legal system is not strong enough to tackle the punishment of someone like this guy and I am certainly not saying that the punishment that the legal system will dish out will be enough - it probably wont.

I dont know what the answer is, as not everyone will be happy, whatever happens to him.

I think the most important thing is that he has been caught and that he can be taken off the streets where he cannot do it again to another child. And that the dead girl's parents can feel some comfort in the fact that he is caught and locked up.

Thats just my opinion and it all surely makes me want to become a public prosecutor rather than a tax lawyer, I assure you!

edit: I should add that I have a 12 year old daughter, an 8 year old son and a 10 week old son... I do have a parent perspective on the whole thing too.

: Cobra :
Old 27-06-2006, 01:55 PM   #41
PH47
Ford Power, in a Merc?

Let him go to jail, with the existing inmated told beforehand what he did.

Then if/when he gets out, THEN kill the bastard.. slowly..
Old 27-06-2006, 01:56 PM   #42
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Give the guy a fair trial and if found guilty lock him up for life..... AFTER allowing the family to have a "private chat" with him on the way to prison. Then, in prison, he gets to be in the general population.. that will keep the rockspider jumping.

This guy better get life, no parole, no tv, no radio, no privledges or the legal system will, once again, look like a pathetic joke.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 27-06-2006, 01:57 PM   #43
Abacus
Life's a Gas

Quote:
And this is why people like you don't run the country.
WTF??? People like me?? I'd rather be like me, than a bleeding heart "society's to blame" child killer protector like you.

Quote:
The little girls body isn't even cold yet, and you want to add to the body count. What sort of person does that make you?
Somebody who can distinguish between the value of an 8 year old girl's life, and the perverted piece of excrement that killed her

Quote:
You're running off emotion - which is fair enough
First sensible thing you've said. Something like this is worth getting emotional about.

Quote:
But what do you think the justice system would be like if it ran off emotion? It'd be chaos - we'd be skipping the collection of evidence, interviews, a trial and going straight to a good old fashion public hangin'. Who cares about guilt or innocence, or trying to search for understanding.
Fine, let the charges be proved beyond all reasonable doubt by due process through the courts.

Then kill him.

Quote:
WE WANT BLOOD! SNAP HIS NECK!
Second sensible thing you've said.

Quote:
It is neither intelligent, wise, or civil.
It is simplistic bloodlust.
Rubbish. It's justice.
Old 27-06-2006, 02:03 PM   #44
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Rubbish. It's justice.
You know what justice is, do you? You understand the legal concept? You have studied or worked in the area? You are capable of thinking rationally about things which affect society, not just yourself or an individual?

If people like you were running the country, life would be a mess and there would be more senseless deaths, not less!!!

If you have an educated and intelligent reason why you advocate the death penalty, then lets hear it (aside from personal preference, please). But emotional and irrational dribble does not constitute an argument for it... do not blame others for not accepting your position on the issue!

Im not necessarily for or against it as to me, it very much depends on the circumstances. However, what I do know is that it would take a lot of research and investigation before I could make that decision.

Old 27-06-2006, 02:13 PM   #45
biomechanic
Freudian Slippers

Quote:
WTF??? People like me?? I'd rather be like me, than a bleeding heart "society's to blame" child killer protector like you.
I'm not bleeding heart, nor would I consider society is to blame. What I am is a person who wants to understand the victim and the killer completely before passing judgement. Things aren't always black and white, they run very deep.

That's a curious reaction from the pro-death penalty lobby - if you're against the death penalty, then you're obviously on the killer's side. It's childishly simplistic, idiotic, and divisive.

Quote:
Rubbish. It's justice.
Rubbish - it's blood lust. What have you achieved by killing this man?
Two corpses instead of one.
Two families devastated instead of one.

That doesn't seem like justice to me. That seems like idiocy.

// JMM Ignition Leads
// Mandrel bent intake
// K&N Pod Filter
// 17" x 8" GT wheels
// 130+ rwkw
Old 27-06-2006, 02:14 PM   #46
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Then, in prison, he gets to be in the general population.. that will keep the rockspider jumping.
The problem with 'rockspiders' as most would call them, they do not go into the general population in jail.
They are usually in protective custody (high security) and are not meant to be allowed to be associated with the other prisoners in other parts of the jail....
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
I think the most important thing is that he has been caught and that he can be taken off the streets where he cannot do it again to another child.
I think that is the most sensible statement made so far!!!!
Old 27-06-2006, 02:16 PM   #47
qwigybo
hunting 300kw's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepower
Tragic. what drives a person to behave in such a way, just dreadful.

I cannot write my intentions for this person on a public forum.
as above, imagine how the brother feels :( condolences to anyone who may know them
now wheres the AFF riot squad
Old 27-06-2006, 02:19 PM   #48
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....
Default Update

Man charged over murder of girl, 8
June 27, 2006

POLICE have charged a man with murdering and sexually assaulting an eight-year-old school girl whose naked body was found in a toilet at a Perth shopping centre

The girl's body was discovered by her 14-year-old brother in a disabled toilet at Canning Vale's Livingston Marketplace, in the city's south-east, about 4.10pm (WST) yesterday.
Detective Senior Sergeant John Wibberley today said a 21-year-old man was being charged over her death.

"We are pleased to announce that we are, at the moment, preferring charges of wilful murder, depravation of liberty and sexual penetration against a 21-year-old male person from the Canning Vale area," Det Snr Sgt Wibberley said.

Detectives began interviewing the man at 5am (WST) today, Sgt Wibberley said.
"We went to a house in Canningvale this morning, and as a result of what was seized at the house, and the interview at the house, he was taken into custody," he said.

The man is expected to face court later today or tomorrow morning.

Advertisement:
Police will allege the girl was the victim of a random attack.

"We will allege it was a spur of the moment attack at this stage," Sgt Wibberley said.

Police will release the girl's name later today, once all her family members have been informed.

Sgt Wibberley said the girl's father had flown in from Hong Kong to be with his family.

"The family is absolutely distraught as you can imagine," he said.

"It is probably the worst nightmare for any family with a young child."

Sgt Wibberley said the girl's family members might have knocked on the locked toilet door while she was being attacked.
He said the man lived with his parents and worked as a shop assistant in the Canningvale area.

He would not say whether the man worked at the shopping centre where the girl was killed, nor would he confirm the cause of until after a post-mortem examination.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, I hope he crosses paths with the "regular" prison body....

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Old 27-06-2006, 02:21 PM   #49
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
This guy better get life, no parole, no tv, no radio, no privledges or the legal system will, once again, look like a pathetic joke.
And here lies the first problem..... He won't get life.
This is why some ask for tougher penalties.
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
Quote:
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
Old 27-06-2006, 02:24 PM   #50
Abacus
Life's a Gas

Quote:
You know what justice is, do you? You understand the legal concept? You have studied or worked in the area?
Yes. Approximately one third of my degree invilved the study of law, and I broadly work in the area every day.

Quote:
You are capable of thinking rationally about things which affect society, not just yourself or an individual?
Indeed. Society is substantially improved by the permanent removal of vermin such as this.

Quote:
If people like you were running the country, life would be a mess and there would be more senseless deaths, not less!!!
Utter crap. Dead peadophiles don't molest children. Dead child killers don't kill children.

Quote:
If you have an educated and intelligent reason why you advocate the death penalty, then lets hear it (aside from personal preference, please). But emotional and irrational dribble does not constitute an argument for it... do not blame others for not accepting your position on the issue!
Read my posts.

Quote:
Im not necessarily for or against it as to me, it very much depends on the circumstances.
If circumstances such as those that gave rise to this thread don't warrant the death penalty, precisely what circumstances do so warrant it?

Quote:
However, what I do know is that it would take a lot of research and investigation before I could make that decision.
Fine. Do the research and investigation.

Then kill him.
Old 27-06-2006, 02:27 PM   #51
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Yes. Approximately one third of my degree invilved the study of law, and I broadly work in the area every day.

Indeed. Society is substantially improved by the permanent removal of vermin such as this.

Utter crap. Dead peadophiles don't molest children. Dead child killers don't kill children.

Read my posts.

If circumstances such as those that gave rise to this thread don't warrant the death penalty, precisely what circumstances do so warrant it?

Fine. Do the research and investigation.

Then kill him.
Well Im sorry. Not for having an opinion - we all have them. But for how you expressed it and then defended it.

Last edited by Laminge; 27-06-2006 at 02:42 PM.
Old 27-06-2006, 02:27 PM   #52
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Quote:
The reason why I would not be in favour of the death penalty is a) death is an easy way out and b) WHAT IF YOU PUT THE WRONG PERSON TO DEATH?
In these times and the technoligy around.... what are the chances???
About 0%
Now if we are to be concerned about getting the wrong person... lets just let them go.
I mean we could lock the wrong person up for life too!
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
Quote:

Old 27-06-2006, 02:27 PM   #53
Abacus
Life's a Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJL351
And here lies the first problem..... He won't get life.
This is why some ask for tougher penalties.
Yep. Serial killer Ivan Milat got a TV and a toaster for "good behaviour".

And he still won't tell the police and the relatives of his other victims where the bodies of their loved ones are.
Old 27-06-2006, 02:28 PM   #54
4.9 EF Futura

Abacus, you've failed to address the question (as do most death penalty supporters) of what if it were you being tried for a savage crime that you did not commit?

Maybe wrong place/wrong time, being framed, mistaken identity etc. For whatever reason - innocent people are awarded death sentences.

What if it were you?
Old 27-06-2006, 02:29 PM   #55
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Okay.... I can see this going the way of the dodo.

Abacus, you need to chill.
The people in here are not the enemy.

D
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
Quote:

Old 27-06-2006, 02:30 PM   #56
Abacus
Life's a Gas

Quote:
Not for having an opinion - we all have them. But for how you expressed it and then defended it.
I expressed my opinions appropriately, given the circumstances.

Last edited by Abacus; 27-06-2006 at 02:48 PM.
Old 27-06-2006, 02:32 PM   #57
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Please people keep this civil, if you are angry, take a step back, go for a walk then come back
Old 27-06-2006, 02:32 PM   #58
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Quote:
Abacus, you've failed to address the question (as do most death penalty supporters) of what if it were you being tried for a savage crime that you did not commit?

Maybe wrong place/wrong time, being framed, mistaken identity etc. For whatever reason - innocent people are awarded death sentences.

What if it were you?
What if's..... what if the kid wasn't a weirdo in the first place!?

In this day and age, you would be hard pressed to find someone wrongfully on a murder charge.
(like the one this thread was started about)
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
Quote:

Old 27-06-2006, 02:32 PM   #59
4.9 EF Futura

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJL351
In these times and the technoligy around.... what are the chances???
About 0%
Now if we are to be concerned about getting the wrong person... lets just let them go.
I mean we could lock the wrong person up for life too!
"About" 0%? If you cant guarantee 0% then you're effectively sanctioning the murder of innocent people.

Im not sure if you saw the other link but in the USA, they've had 4 cases over a period of 19 months where new/revised facts have been brought to the table.

Yes - innocent people can be locked up, but there's the chance that, if facts are brought to light which clear this person's name - there is hope of undoing the injustice which has been done.

Death is the one thing in this world which is truly permanent and you want to hand it out in the absence of reasonable doubt?

Last edited by 4.9 EF Futura; 27-06-2006 at 02:34 PM. Reason: i wasnt done yet lol
Old 27-06-2006, 02:35 PM   #60
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There are arguments for and against the Death Penalty...

But I really don't believe this is a place for it to be discussed.. not within this thread anyway.

This is about a family that has been tragically destroyed due to one person's actions.

Abacus while I can understand what you are saying and in part agree, I really think you need to take a deep breath and let all evidence be produced prior to getting the injection, noose, chair fired up and ready.... He sexually assaulted the girl, this we know... SO there must be DNA somewhere..

Let the evidence be produced first. Then try to discuss rationally.
Closed Thread