Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

View Poll Results: Thoughts on Text Lingo in this forum
Like it 21 6.52%
Ambivalent towards it 46 14.29%
Dislike it 83 25.78%
Should be banned 172 53.42%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 19-06-2006, 10:37 PM   #181
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McMaster
YOU have a lot to learn!!!!!!!!!
Apprentice of the year
runner up apprentice of the year
Own of my own buissiness at 22

I dont think thats a fair comment.I work with old guys who struggle to use phones but they realize times are changing and if u dont keep up youll be left behind.We are years behind of some countries and they are past phones allready my friend.Just wait and see what happens to those who think they can BATTLE on. they will get eatn.

I intend to make a living..not a retirement hoby
Old 19-06-2006, 10:44 PM   #182
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I will back up what woz said ....word of mouth..down the pub..at the servo..at the supermarket...where I am the tradies are booked months in advance just by word of mouth.

In a lot of cases they handball a lot of work to the the new starters...because they cannot keep up with the demand.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 19-06-2006, 10:45 PM   #183
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE
Apprentice of the year

I dont think thats a fair comment.I work with old guys who struggle to use phones but they realize times are changing and if u dont keep up youll be left behind.We are years behind of some countries and they are past phones allready my friend.Just wait and see what happens to those who think they can BATTLE on. they will get eatn.
As previously discussed, I know of three blokes who have been 'battling' on since mobile phones came in and are continuing to kick *** every day without them. This is in a small country town, so there's probably more in other towns of a similar size and setting.

They've never struggled to find work. Not once.

I know these blokes because my old man used to own the pub in the town I speak of. You speak to most publicans out in country towns and they'll probably tell you over a tradesman here or there working without a mobile phone. It's not as uncommon as you may think.

Apprentice of the year doesn't mean you have an understanding of life.
Old 19-06-2006, 10:56 PM   #184
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Apprentice of the year

I intend to make a living..not a retirement hoby

SO apprentice of the year...hmm... just what do you do ?????

P.S. I too once owned my own business and I'm not even a tradie!!!!!

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 19-06-2006, 11:00 PM   #185
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Apprentice of the year
i reckon COTY might be on the books for you too.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Old 19-06-2006, 11:02 PM   #186
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woz
As previously discussed, I know of three blokes who have been 'battling' on since mobile phones came in and are continuing to kick *** every day without them. This is in a small country town, so there's probably more in other towns of a similar size and setting.

They've never struggled to find work. Not once.

I know these blokes because my old man used to own the pub in the town I speak of. You speak to most publicans out in country towns and they'll probably tell you over a tradesman here or there working without a mobile phone. It's not as uncommon as you may think.

Apprentice of the year doesn't mean you have an understanding of life.

you miss the point. A moble phone allows efficiency. Allowing yourself to be surrounded by better tradies than yourself makes u better and in the end u make more money. I do all the things u mention they do,word of mouth, heaps off work. And if they are giving work away then they are not charging enough and they need more blokes working for them. They probably dont pay taxes and drive model t fords to,because god forsake me if i was modern.

The amount of people in rural areas is nothing anyway compared to the city.
Old 19-06-2006, 11:05 PM   #187
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
i reckon COTY might be on the books for you too.
I do believe I'll second that nomination.
Old 19-06-2006, 11:27 PM   #188
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

Quote:
you miss the point. A moble phone allows efficiency. Allowing yourself to be surrounded by better tradies than yourself makes u better and in the end u make more money. I do all the things u mention they do,word of mouth, heaps off work. And if they are giving work away then they are not charging enough and they need more blokes working for them. They probably dont pay taxes and drive model t fords to,because god forsake me if i was modern.

The amount of people in rural areas is nothing anyway compared to the city.
They pay taxes and two of them drive four wheel drives built this side of 2000. The other drives an early F100 for work and a VY or similar SS the rest of the time. I fail to see why you'd have to attack their styles.

They're making plenty of money. I never said they give work away. If someone brings a job to them they book it in for when they can. The only reason they send it to someone else is if the person complains about having to wait. Then it becomes a case of "go find someone else, you're not worth my stress", not "I've got too much work on".

Your point is efficiency? It seems as though your point is that without mobile phones, the world can't survive. But people got by just fine without them and continue to do so today. These are just tradesmen I'm talking about. Outside of tradies, I know plenty of people who manage to get through life without mobile phones. It's not as unusual as you may think.

They don't need anything. They don't need to employ more blokes or charge more for the work. You may run your own business, but that doesn't mean you know what everyone else should be doing. Two of these blokes have been working for themselves for probably around 30 years each, the other closer to 10. I find it hard to believe that there's any advice you can offer them that they'd need.

So far, your point has been that the times are changing and that everybody who's anybody must follow on with technology. This isn't true. It's a case of personal choice. What works for some might not work for others.

To say that everybody has to conform is often heard from the mouths of the lesser educated who see things from one point of view, believing not that there are actually options in the world.

If you need a mobile phone to survive, then that is your choice, although I pity you. I've never at any point stated that I need a mobile phone. I have one and I use it plenty, but I don't need one. Many of my friends, and myself included, often go for days at a time without turning our phones on purely because they become such a pain in the ***. And believe it or not, even after turning off said phones, we're all still alive today.
Old 19-06-2006, 11:37 PM   #189
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woz
They pay taxes and two of them drive four wheel drives built this side of 2000. The other drives an early F100 for work and a VY or similar SS the rest of the time. I fail to see why you'd have to attack their styles.

They're making plenty of money. I never said they give work away. If someone brings a job to them they book it in for when they can. The only reason they send it to someone else is if the person complains about having to wait. Then it becomes a case of "go find someone else, you're not worth my stress", not "I've got too much work on".

Your point is efficiency? It seems as though your point is that without mobile phones, the world can't survive. But people got by just fine without them and continue to do so today. These are just tradesmen I'm talking about. Outside of tradies, I know plenty of people who manage to get through life without mobile phones. It's not as unusual as you may think.

They don't need anything. They don't need to employ more blokes or charge more for the work. You may run your own business, but that doesn't mean you know what everyone else should be doing. Two of these blokes have been working for themselves for probably around 30 years each, the other closer to 10. I find it hard to believe that there's any advice you can offer them that they'd need.

So far, your point has been that the times are changing and that everybody who's anybody must follow on with technology. This isn't true. It's a case of personal choice. What works for some might not work for others.

To say that everybody has to conform is often heard from the mouths of the lesser educated who see things from one point of view, believing not that there are actually options in the world.

If you need a mobile phone to survive, then that is your choice, although I pity you. I've never at any point stated that I need a mobile phone. I have one and I use it plenty, but I don't need one. Many of my friends, and myself included, often go for days at a time without turning our phones on purely because they become such a pain in the ***. And believe it or not, even after turning off said phones, we're all still alive today.

Thats a fair call mate.
I'm sure there are heaps of fella's out there that get on just fine without a mobile.
I gotta admit though they can come in handy but at the end of the day if they are surviving in the current environment without a mobile, they must be doing something right.
I'm sure every tradie would be heaps proud to say they get their next job from word of mouth.
Says something about their quality of work.
Old 20-06-2006, 10:45 AM   #190
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
you miss the point.
I am sorry squire, but is you who has missed the point.

SMS style posts are not acceptable on the forums, that is it.

End of discussion.
Closed Thread