Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 14-02-2007, 09:01 AM   #61
agony
BLOWN 383 CHEV OWNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
NONE of the people who were giving said "advice," would react that way in real life. They would ALL cower to him, bend over and say, "Yes sir, may I have another?" :
HOW TRUE
Old 14-02-2007, 09:15 AM   #62
EviLkarL
Ausfactor.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliewool
I'd take a slab of crownies around to his place as a peace offering, and tell him you'll take it easy in the street from now on.
Much better to be on his good side early in the piece if he's just moved in.
Take Charliewool's advice, I'd do this also. Have some respect for people living in the street and take off slowly. Is your street a quiet street? by that I mean not a main road. Remember suburbs are 50K's and there is no point in getting from 0 to 50 in a hurry.

In my experience, guys such as this Nomad are usually pretty nice people, once you know them, He could be more use to you as a friend then a foe in the future. Pay him some respect and you will get repaid double when needed.
Old 14-02-2007, 09:23 AM   #63
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

I would have a chat to police. There is not much they can do, but ask the member to put in an IR (Information Report) on the incident. This way the relevant sections of Vic Pol will get the info. Also once documented if you had to take any sort of action to defend you or your family at least you can summons that police member as a witness.

I don't allow anyone to intimidate me. Had a similar situation when I lived in Lara. This time though an outlaw bikie gang member had an old Torana which he would start up 5am each morning and sit and idle for ever and wake the whole street up, so one day, obviously well before my current employment, I got my series one AU XR8 ute, minus half the exhaust, and made a statement. Afterwards, I parked it, he came out, looked like straight from his bed, I just calmly waited. He walked back in, moved out not long after. ( I would not recommend this course of action)

Last edited by Redrum; 14-02-2007 at 09:45 AM.
Old 14-02-2007, 09:36 AM   #64
pb02
inconceivable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EviLkarL
In my experience, guys such as this Nomad are usually pretty nice people, once you know them, He could be more use to you as a friend then a foe in the future. Pay him some respect and you will get repaid double when needed.
Most guys like this I've know over the years are actually great people once you know them. You've just got to get on the good side!

Regardless of who he is or what gang, he is a neighbour and you need to respect each other. He may not have gone about it in the right manner but if a 90 year old pensioner came up and asked if you wouldn't mind being a little more quiet with your automobile you would probably smile and take her advice.

Oh, and it could be worse, he could've been a member of the Ulyssess club!
Old 14-02-2007, 09:43 AM   #65
freaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb02
oh please enlighten us...
Old 14-02-2007, 09:52 AM   #66
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb02
Walking frames at high noon lol :
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
Old 14-02-2007, 10:02 AM   #67
pb02
inconceivable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaky
oh please enlighten us...
Over 50's Bikie club. :
Old 14-02-2007, 10:13 AM   #68
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You have been WARNED!!! :ymca:

I can almost guarantee you that my GXL is louder than your BA. I live in a block of townhouses with units either side of the driveway and make a hell of a noise when I drive out, but not everyday. Thankfully the neighbours are all passive Bangladeshis and Sudanese, and I'm in charge of the owner's corporation, they have to come to me when they want things.

My grandfather used to own a 1970 Morris NOMAD. Well ahead of its time that car. Front wheel drive, overhead cam, 5 speed gearbox, 5 door hatchback. It went faster in 4th gear than in 5th.
Old 14-02-2007, 10:19 AM   #69
henry_ford
order taker

i dont think anyone in there right minds wants to go head to head with those guys.
even if he was big noting himself they dont give out a nomads badge in your breakfast cereal. dont drive near him dont look at him. dont give him any reason to get drunk and burn your house down.
Old 14-02-2007, 10:22 AM   #70
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Personally i would hate to be in your situation!!!.... But i bet you 'feel' like throwing a brick at his face, which would obviously do no good to the situation.

Some of the members are great to talk too.. I remember having an awesome conversation at Summernats with a Rebel member several years ago!

Having said that, I 'believe' the majority of bikie members are animals, best to stay on their side.
Old 14-02-2007, 10:52 AM   #71
TATT2
100% aussie hillbilly

Sell your car and buy a harley...
Old 14-02-2007, 10:54 AM   #72
jcxr
Tribal Elder

I thought this thread was about someone beat an old Morris Nomad in a race. There are 3 things you dont **** with in this world. 1 is a limp diick, 2 is a rattlesnake, and 3 is an outlaw motor cyclist.Pull your head in when driving around you neighbour hood and dont get on his bad side any further than you have already.
Old 14-02-2007, 10:59 AM   #73
doofdoof23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap
Just a thought, invite a a few rival MC members for a ride in your car, and then have a BBQ with free beer... stand back and watch the action (before you do this have full home, household and life insurance)...
lol thats the funniest ****** ive heard in awhile

To the OP........ i dont know what i would do in your situation, cause the bloke sounds very unreasonable and is really abusing his power unto you when you dont really seem to have done much wrong.... unless of course you are flying down the street everday with w.o.t.

Like someone mentioned b4.... i thought bikies modified their Harleys to shake the ground when they drove past......
Old 14-02-2007, 11:04 AM   #74
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"Bike Gang" Members as such don't normally go looking for trouble either... the prefer to keep a low profile and dont need or want bad press or undue attention from the police....

Old 14-02-2007, 11:11 AM   #75
Nashy86

I'd go out and get my car tested by the cops when you report the it, that way if he comes around again you can say that you investigated his problem and your car is of legal noise level (i'm assuming it is legal).
That way it makes him think you took him seriously and have made an effort
Written off whilst parked!

FG Mk II XR6T
Lightning Strike, 6 Speed Auto,, Dark Tint
Awesome toy for Grown Ups!
Old 14-02-2007, 11:29 AM   #76
protd
TUFF FORDS

i would not report it we all know what happens to squealers, i also would not go driving the other way like a little girl.. there has been 1 piece of advice that makes the most sense to me grab some beers go over to his house tell him you want a chat sit down and talk.. find out exactly what has ****ed him off and make good..

I'm sure if you were only driving past normally he would not have gotten his back up about your car, simply apologize for what you did tell him you dont want any trouble with him and that we all have to live in the area...

threatening him or hiding from him wont solve the issue..

it's amazing what issues get solved over a few beers when everyone has lightened up..
Old 14-02-2007, 11:30 AM   #77
MotherNature
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

At a guess I would think his kids may well have been to hell & back .......

Any V8 sounding car may trigger a really bad experience they have had. I know that feeling ... it may seem paranoid but to them it is a real scary feeling.

My suspision is that it isnt in fact you that is the problem but mearly something that is a trigger to their emotions ........

Take the alternate route out of your street & by NO WAY be seen to be retaliating or making a smart stance on this one .....

Personaly I dont think the cops can help but maybe a report would be in order just to cover you in the case there is more problems.........

If you need someone to talk to about this PM me .......... I have experience in this type of thing ;)
Old 14-02-2007, 11:36 AM   #78
agony
BLOWN 383 CHEV OWNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by protd
i would not report it we all know what happens to squealers, i also would not go driving the other way like a little girl.. there has been 1 piece of advice that makes the most sense to me grab some beers go over to his house tell him you want a chat sit down and talk.. find out exactly what has ****ed him off and make good..

I'm sure if you were only driving past normally he would not have gotten his back up about your car, simply apologize for what you did tell him you dont want any trouble with him and that we all have to live in the area...

threatening him or hiding from him wont solve the issue..

it's amazing what issues get solved over a few beers when everyone has lightened up..
Good advice mate, these guys are only human in the end. I dont think this story has anything to do with the noise of the car, but more likely the way it is driven in the street. Its possible the kids were nearly hit by it or something along those lines. The kids would be ust to loud engines with bikes around them all the time.
Old 14-02-2007, 11:36 AM   #79
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyEB1
I'd go out and get my car tested by the cops when you report the it, that way if he comes around again you can say that you investigated his problem and your car is of legal noise level (i'm assuming it is legal).
Or he thinks you are being a smart ***. I would just try not to accelerate past his house in the mornings and after a few days go fast his house with a 6 pack and say you wanna talk to him. Say you got on the wrong foot and you hope that your efforts this week have been okay and that the car doesnt disturb him. He might end up liking you and helping you out one day. But if I was you, I wouldnt get too close with him. You don't need these kind of people in your life. Don't go to any of his club meets, you might get pressured into doing somthing.
Old 14-02-2007, 11:42 AM   #80
brendo83

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyEB1
That would do no good, as if he cares whether the car is under the legal level, he reckons its scaring his kids and if you don't do what he wants you'll probably regret it.
You are unlikely to be killed or even injured, but bikey gangs have plenty of ways to make your life difficult. You're more likey to find you car gone or trashed one morning.
As infuriating as it is to have to submit to the demands of what I consider to be a lower class of human being, being a bit ****ed of and having to bite your tongue and drive more sedately for five minutes a day is a lot better than the possible alternatives.

Its unfortunate when people like this guy move into nice neighbourhoods, hopefully no more come. The irony is that he probably moved to get his kids away from the bad influences where he was living, but has instead brought it with him.
Old 14-02-2007, 11:45 AM   #81
Brent
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

From all the posts so far, I think the best suggestions are along the lines of:

1./ Buy him a few beers and if possible, have a quiet chat over one or two icy ones; and
2./ Just me mindful of how fast/loud/aggressively you drive down your street (or any residential street for that matter).

Yeah, I know, its great in theory to want to flip him the finger, or be a hero, but some situations in life demand a deep breath and some calm consideration before acting. This can save a world of heartache later on. The cost of a slab of VB is NOTHING compared to the cost and dramas if you pick a fight and he ends up throwing a molotov cocktail through your front window when you're out of the house. As for your own pride, it costs zero to swallow just a bit of it in the interests of discretion.

If you do that, and it works and he chills out a bit, then its a complete success. If he chases you out of his front yard with a 12 gauage and throws your empty beer stubbies at the back of your head shouting threats as you go, then at least you can say you've genuinely tried to calm the situation, but without success. And you can take the next step and report the situation to the cops.

One stage at a time with this one mate. Tread carefully, be cool, be wise, and you'll probably be surprised at how people can come around once the anger blows over.

Brent.
Old 14-02-2007, 12:02 PM   #82
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you speak to him again, say you'll be mindful of how you drive out your house - but won't be driving a different way. Drive smoothly out your house. It at least gives an impression of compromise. You're not butting heads nor are you bending over to take it from him either. If you give him all that he wants, then he might bring something else up.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
Old 14-02-2007, 12:09 PM   #83
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Posted in wrong thread
Old 14-02-2007, 12:15 PM   #84
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

You could look up the OMC's website / contact details and ask to speak to someone senior in the club, explain that you don't want to cause trouble and that you're trying to live there too.

If you know someone that know's someone that know's the President of the Nomads that would be a help too.

The slab of beer as a peace offering is a good idea, tell him how much you like his bike, and that you didn't know your car was making trouble and that you'll be very careful from now on. Maybe he was just having a bad day ... ???
Old 14-02-2007, 12:37 PM   #85
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane3
The guy next door is a cop so I will be having a talk with him tonight!
Does this fella still live next door?
Old 14-02-2007, 12:38 PM   #86
doofdoof23

the beer idea is not a good idea. Just take it easy with your car, respect your neighbours and still drive where the hell you want, just dont go silly.

The bloke made it very clear his intentions and so what makes everyone think he wants hoon drivers that he verbally threatens comin over with a slab?

I remember once i was being an idiot and lost the car sideways in the 'burbs and stalled it in the middle of the road. While i was trying to crank the thing over, 4 bikies walked over and talked it up then punched me in the face and threatened to kill me if it happened again cause 'it was his turf'.

I stopped being an idiot after that.

I dare say if i would have gone around there with a slab the next day, he would have givin me another knock just for the sake of not backin down from his reputation and his tough stance.
Old 14-02-2007, 01:07 PM   #87
protd
TUFF FORDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by doofdoof23
the beer idea is not a good idea. Just take it easy with your car, respect your neighbours and still drive where the hell you want, just dont go silly.

The bloke made it very clear his intentions and so what makes everyone think he wants hoon drivers that he verbally threatens coming over with a slab?

I remember once i was being an idiot and lost the car sideways in the 'burbs and stalled it in the middle of the road. While i was trying to crank the thing over, 4 bikies walked over and talked it up then punched me in the face and threatened to kill me if it happened again cause 'it was his turf'.

I stopped being an idiot after that.

I dare say if i would have gone around there with a slab the next day, he would have given me another knock just for the sake of not backing down from his reputation and his tough stance.

got what you deserved, I'd do the same thing to someone driving like that in a built up area... as would most other people..

backing down from reputation are you for real, people just ask for respect if he went round there offering for a calm civilized conversation to resolve the issue bikie or not the guy is not going to assault him for making the effort to rectify the problem, it not hollywood

your story is a different situation all together
Old 14-02-2007, 01:15 PM   #88
agony
BLOWN 383 CHEV OWNER

Mate you respect them and they will respect you, you all have to live in the street. If you are the only one he singled out then look at what you are doing and change it.

Most of these guys are really good when you get to know them and I have even had them involved with my car in a photo shoot and they come along to shows to support me. Its not a bike but they treat it and me as I am part of them and have full respect for me. After all they are bikies and cars dont really interest them that much.
Old 14-02-2007, 01:29 PM   #89
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Forget the beer, it's not him that's you're scaring.

Get his kids something as a peace offering.

Demonstrate by the way you drive that you are not out to cause anyone a problem.

PM me his contact details.... there's a moron around the corner who roars up the road at all hours. I'll pay your guy to visit him....

edit: clarity

Last edited by ronwest; 14-02-2007 at 01:41 PM.
Old 14-02-2007, 01:29 PM   #90
doofdoof23

Quote:
got what you deserved, I'd do the same thing to someone driving like that in a built up area... as would most other people..
good on ya mate, difference is if it was you that punched me, you wouldnt be walking back into your house

Quote:
backing down from reputation are you for real, people just ask for respect if he went round there offering for a calm civilized conversation to resolve the issue bikie or not the guy is not going to assault him for making the effort to rectify the problem, it not hollywood

your story is a different situation all together
why the hell does he have to go round there and get him ****ed and have a calm conversation to resolve the situation?!

Like i said all he got to do is drive faarkin sensibly and mind his own business and let it be!!
Closed Thread