Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-04-2011, 12:59 PM   #31
Hulsty

Default Re: Rum Drinkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
I had a couple of shots and will put it on ice tonight.

I don't normally drink it straight, but will with this as I did with fathers. Generic Bundy I drink with coke.

15 bottles of Bundy is a good stash.

I agree on the founding fathers. I didnt think it was that special. I think it has something to do with the vats it matured in. This one I found had a much smoother taste. It warms your sole. But I'm not expert on booze. If it tastes good and it's Bundy then I'll like it.
Nice, the mrs and I move into our first place tommorow thats as good as an excuse as as any to crack it open, i'm really a fan of bundy and dry, mixed about 50/50.

Also got the email about Watermark, will have to add it to my collection, cant afford a case so unfortunately i'll have to buy a bottle off ebay for around $100
Hulsty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2011, 04:39 PM   #32
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Your welcome. Always happy to help a forum member

If booze comes in any sort of fancy box, you know it's gonna be expensive. So glad I only like one type of drink.
I'm not so glad... i drink many types
Old 07-04-2011, 06:42 PM   #33
Coyote mk3
Clutch Cable Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
If you get a chance pop up and visit the distillery, there is a lot of stuff there.
Not wrong.
They have a few bottles there that can only be bought from the distillery too don't they?

I have been on 2 or 3 tours but they were a few years ago now. Even if I was a young whippersnapper at the time, they do a great tour.
HID projectors, lowered on King SL and Koni Shocks.

Daily - 2002 AUIII SR
Stock as she comes.

Coyote's EL XR6

^^Click Me^^

15.132@ 91.51 MPH

Photos by Me https://www.facebook.com/PhotosByMatthewWylie
Coyote mk3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2011, 08:25 PM   #34
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Now here is a thought......

BUNDY CRUISE.....
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2011, 09:22 PM   #35
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Quote:

BUNDY CRUISE.....
We could finish it off in that flash Bar out the front.
I've got this half a bottle of Bundy Rum Liqueur, bottled up in around 1968 I think - anyhow last time I was up there I promised I'd bring it up n' give it to the little museum in the place.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2011, 09:58 PM   #36
Coyote mk3
Clutch Cable Killer

Quote:

BUNDY CRUISE.....
Sounds good to me haha,
Just make sure XCWillo is back up there so i can crash at his house again haha
HID projectors, lowered on King SL and Koni Shocks.

Daily - 2002 AUIII SR
Stock as she comes.

Coyote's EL XR6

^^Click Me^^

15.132@ 91.51 MPH

Photos by Me https://www.facebook.com/PhotosByMatthewWylie
Coyote mk3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2011, 10:26 PM   #37
Hulsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout
I've got this half a bottle of Bundy Rum Liqueur, bottled up in around 1968 I think - anyhow last time I was up there I promised I'd bring it up n' give it to the little museum in the place.

I'd buy the bottle off you if you change your mind to add to my collection
Hulsty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2011, 05:13 PM   #38
Addz08
"FEED IT"

Can anyone tell me, how you'd go about selling it in the future, Ebay?? Apparently you need a liquor licence????
BA XR8 UTE ,PACEMAKER 4/1'S,MAGNAFLOW METALCORE CATS,TOYS CUSTOM TWIN 2 1/2 SYSTEM, CAPA TUNE, K&N FILTER, LIGHTENED BILLET STEEL FLYWHEEL, DCS CLUTCH, SS INDUCTIONS BIGMOUTH CAI, 20" FR20 SIMMONS....
Addz08 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2011, 05:34 PM   #39
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addz08
Can anyone tell me, how you'd go about selling it in the future, Ebay?? Apparently you need a liquor licence????
Sell privatly? i think there is websites and/or companies that can also help in this regard.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:38 PM   #40
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addz08
Yes you do.

Unless you are selling lots or making a HUGE profit it is not worth the effort and the penalties are rather severe.

Basicly those who give lots of money to govco in license fees together with the receiver of aforemnetioned fees i.e govco do not like competition that may dilute the sales and license incomes......

In Australia we have the best government and public service money can buy.........
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2011, 07:22 PM   #41
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The taste changed & was most noticeable in the Red, I've never drunk Red.... well there was that time on Hammo Island....... Anyhow, I like the Black n' that's all I drink.... the stuff is distilled in Fiji now that Lion Nathan brought it.
Just a personal view of making rum and as an advisory
remember making fermented products and the resulting distallation may not be legal in your state , now molasses provides sufficient nutrients for fermentation to thrive and is the basis for most of the rum generation .

I normally would suggest starting with 25L of molasses , 3 times the volume of fresh filtered rain water or tap well filtered if thats all you have and an eaqul amount of brown suager to molasses , throw a cheap bottle of multi vitsmin into the mix (podered) and then raise the temp to around 25c but not over 35c which can be done by adding really hot water and letting it cool thus disolving everything

Then add any wine making or even better champagne yeast ,several packets , hydrate well before adding it, then give everything a good stir to mix and aerate. The yeast of course does effect the final flavour but if the mix is over 35c or so you might kill it so take care .
Now leave it alone for at least two or three weeks letting it ferment well through the exit water trap youn have fitted stirring only once a week and watch for reaction when stirring or it might bubble over , the rest is simple ,
Once fermentation is done you have what is basically a very cheap smelly wine of sorts badly in need of distillation , try freezing a small amount when at this point and pour off the liquid after 5 or 6 hours , be careful and check the alchohol content which will be quite high and offers an indication of the potentual final product possible although taste wont be good abv will be excellent
Distallation
a long kneck potstill pot still can produce a spirit of anything up to 50% abv on the initial run. This stuff wont be terribly drinkable containing many of the soluble impurities from the wash as well as alcohols like methanol and the keytone acetone.
The second distillation in a pot still is the way , purifying the spirit and drawing off a clear liquid around 80% abv.
If you have access to a double reflex unit a single run will drop better than 65% abv initally and higher if you do a 2nd

The spirit must be ‘cut’, this involves monitoring the temperature and abv of the distillate in order to remove the heads and tales of the spirit. that means throw the first 50mm and the last bit as well

At this point the liquid doesn't have the buttery result of a good rum but the rest is easy as once stored the by prodects tend to evaporate and soak out

The next part involves patience (and an oak barrel).
couple of months
bewdiful
oh and expect about 20% of what you start with
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2011, 08:32 PM   #42
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

BUNDY CRUISE.....
You are the man Flap. Liking the sound of this idea a lot.
BIGJB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2011, 09:01 PM   #43
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Rehab is for quitters, keep drinking boys
XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2011, 10:50 PM   #44
metallurg

I got a bottle of this "rhum" on a recent trip to the Philippines. The bottle cost me 60 pesos (about $1.80). The glass of coke to go with it was 70 pesos.....
Surprising it actually tastes ok. More like a liquor than a rum though.

metallurg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2011, 05:29 PM   #45
Addz08
"FEED IT"

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallurg
I got a bottle of this "rhum" on a recent trip to the Philippines. The bottle cost me 60 pesos (about $1.80). The glass of coke to go with it was 70 pesos.....
Surprising it actually tastes ok. More like a liquor than a rum though.

This stuff is pure "EVIL"...... ;)
BA XR8 UTE ,PACEMAKER 4/1'S,MAGNAFLOW METALCORE CATS,TOYS CUSTOM TWIN 2 1/2 SYSTEM, CAPA TUNE, K&N FILTER, LIGHTENED BILLET STEEL FLYWHEEL, DCS CLUTCH, SS INDUCTIONS BIGMOUTH CAI, 20" FR20 SIMMONS....
Addz08 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2011, 06:59 PM   #46
Zed7fiddy
Temporary Australian

Last time i was there i got sucked in big time, wakled out spending about 350 bucks on rum, bout a 3 pack of the licquer whcih came with 4 aluminium stubbie coolers for about 135ish, got the three back of bottles with limited edition Broncos, Cowboys and Gelong Cats and numebred, as well as a bottle of black, that was $100 on its own, i want to get another bottle of black so i can open it up and test it out.

Zed7fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2011, 09:55 AM   #47
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed7fiddy
Last time i was there i got sucked in big time, wakled out spending about 350 bucks on rum, bout a 3 pack of the licquer whcih came with 4 aluminium stubbie coolers for about 135ish, got the three back of bottles with limited edition Broncos, Cowboys and Gelong Cats and numebred, as well as a bottle of black, that was $100 on its own, i want to get another bottle of black so i can open it up and test it out.

nice collection!
Old 24-04-2011, 03:53 AM   #48
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Unfortunately i cannot stomach Bundy, just the smell of it gets my gag reflexes all excited....

This on the other hand is what God serves up when you drop around for a few bevvies and a nag....

Pure Caribbean nectar mon....

http://www.pyratrum.com/

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2011, 01:14 PM   #49
Spanrz
Hmmmmmmm!!

This is a special one just made called "Watermark" (Bundy Rum).
It's in special recognition of the QLD floods.
Spanrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2011, 01:39 PM   #50
9lives

My old man bought me a 30yr old bottle of Suntori Premium Japanese Scotch on the 17th feb 1983- the day i was born. He intended to drink it with me on my 21st, due to his health issues at the time its wasnt possible.
Im now 28 and dad is going good again, he has the bottle cellared at home and the plans are to open it on my 30th. Bottled in 1952 it wil be just over 60 yr old. Cant wait for that one.
Old 24-04-2011, 08:22 PM   #51
AC/DC
" Let there be Rock "

+1 for the 12 year Appleton Estate Rum
AC/DC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2011, 10:16 PM   #52
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I have one of them it's has a plastic type of net around it and it's called, THE FAMOUS BUNDABERG ROYAL RUM LIQUEUR bottled by FRANGOS 1 pint 6 fluid ozs nett.
And 7 cartons of the good stuff.

Last edited by castellan; 26-04-2011 at 10:26 PM.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2012, 12:22 AM   #53
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

My modest collection -

and the ones that didn't make the cut

SM1DY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 01-05-2012, 01:22 AM   #54
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

BOUNTY RUM, this stuff is pure evil, its a pub brawl in a bottle.... 58% ALC/VOL

http://www.madeinfiji.de/start.htm?fiji_bounty_rum.htm
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 01-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #55
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM1DY
and the ones that didn't make the cut

Happy to take your 'leftovers' off your hands!
Old 01-05-2012, 04:58 PM   #56
millzy555

If anyone ever gets the chance, get to the West Indies (Barbados more so) for the cricket tour!! Unbelievable!!!. Rum is actually cheaper than water/ powerade over there. Bought a litre bottle of Mount Gay for $7 i think, 300ml bottle for $3.50!!!. I agree, once you drink this, bundy will never feature again

The Life!!!! Beers, $1.20, Rum + whatever $3

millzy555 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2012, 08:16 PM   #57
mrghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I tried bundy once and was sick for a week wont ever drink it again. I love where I work we get some nice stuff just got myself a 21yr old chivas regal royal salute comes in a ceramic saffire blue bottle that is packed in a blue felt bag. Here is a pic

We also deal with glenlevit and jamisons and martell cognac we distribute a bottle of martell worth $1100 staff price.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:16 PM   #58
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

Is that the Chivas that went last night on eBay for $150?
SM1DY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2012, 09:51 PM   #59
My32Doors

If I have a rum (not often) then this is THE one. Always a bottle in the cupboard.
http://www.nicks.com.au/Product/View...8750ml%29/4662
My32Doors is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2012, 09:57 PM   #60
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM1DY
My modest collection -

Awesome idea on how to display. My only issue is I have more empties than I do in the full ones. Might be time to start stocking up
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post