Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 03-08-2018, 03:51 PM   #1
Macster
Starter Motor

Default MY2017.5 Mondeo Lane departure faulty

Hi all

Just swapped my 2017 Ranger Wildtrak for a MY2017.5 Mondeo Titanium hatch (end of lease downsizing).

The lane departure on the Wildtrak had an audible alert and would vibrate and turn the steering wheel (all adjustable in the settings). On my Mondeo I have the same settings however I can't get it to work. The Ford mechanics want me to drop it off for the day which I am trying to avoid and I was hoping someone might be able to comment on here as to whether there is a difference in the lane departure system between the Ranger and the Mondeo, or if maybe they have experience a fault too.

Any just to answer some obvious questions:

1. The windshield is not dirty and the camera is working. I can see the dashboard lane graphic change from green to amber etc when I am in the lanes / departing from the lane.

2. I am going over 64 kph when trying to test it

3. I have tried changing every available option of Alert, Aid and Alert and Aid and all intensity settings to no avail.

The car will simply drift into another lane with no sound or vibration and the only indication that the system is semi-working is that the little lane graphic on the dashboard changes from green to amber to red.

Also, while I am here. I can hear the diesel fuel sloshing around in the tank when it is full. This seems to be a common experience mentioned online however all dealers and mechanics deny it when I ask them. Have others experienced this?

Thanks all, loving every other aspect of the car.
Macster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2018, 07:12 PM   #2
rondeo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: MY2017.5 Mondeo Lane departure faulty

Re fuel tank noise, mines quite a loud thumping noise, noticeable when tank is full or near so. MC diesel wagon.
rondeo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2018, 12:08 PM   #3
asteele-xr6

When working you can certainly feel a vibration in the steering wheel as an alert, and also a gentle bias the steer you back to your lane. It isn't strong enough to steer on its own, and it still needs you to steer - it just makes the steer much easier.

There are driver settings you can adjust to control the sensitivity and if it works at all, or just alerts, or steers and alerts. I presume you have seen that setting in the driver assist menu?
asteele-xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2018, 06:26 PM   #4
Macster
Starter Motor

I did 5 hours of highway driving today and kept playing around with it. There's definitely something wrong with the system unfortunately.

Today I noticed that when I selected the aid or alert and aid setting that the steering wheel virbrated three times to notify me of the setting change / system activation but again ,once I began testing it by drifting into the lanes I got no alert or aid action happening. I tried all 3 intensity settings too. And yes, the stalk button had been pushed and the lane departure dash indicator was green.

Bummer, I will book it in. Thanks for your responses.
Macster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post