Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 15-11-2017, 11:58 AM   #1
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Default Ka....what coolant lines run from/to and whats should be there???

I have a little Ka i use to get to work and back as i do a lengthy commute. Great cheap to run little car and don't really care about others opinions of it, makes me laugh.

Anyway, driving into the airport the other day steam, overheating blah blah, thought this is the END. Nah, things might be slow and dodgy but the 1.3 is bulletproof (not like its stressed is it??)

I found a loose coolant line pumping out coolant when i threw some in. which came from the passenger side but so far haven't been able to suss much more, visibility sucks at the rear of the engine. Think it may be the line heading to the heat exchange for the heater, maybe. BUT....it still has it's clamp on and stops way short and i can't see where is actually goes. The heat exchanger itself has another line on it which is intact heading back towards the passenger side also, but the other connection isn't connected. I'm tempted to think someone has bypassed the thing and what i'm seeing is either something missing or some jiggery buggery bypass i can't make sense of.

I'll take a look later, but i was wondering if anyone with access would have a diag/pic of where the coolant lines run on the 1.3 Endura-E? If there's jiggery buggery i'd rather reverse that and get the heater back up and running, or at least know enough to get the cooling system temporarily intact again to get her mobile

Any help appreciated ;) I can find diags for PS and AC systems but not the coolant flow.

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2017, 07:49 PM   #2
stock1991
Limited supply

Default Re: Ka....what coolant lines run from/to and whats should be there???

(not like its stressed is it??)

LOL
stock1991 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2017, 06:06 AM   #3
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

We have the workshop manual for the AU spec TB kA in the Tech Portal so that might be a good starting point.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2017, 11:36 AM   #4
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Yeah thanks Russ I did flick through that and it'll be great to have, i'm sure i'll use it again Just didn't have diags of the piping, but got some guidance off EBay visually. I've found the issue anyway, plastic degraded on the heater valve and the tang for the hose snapped off, being on quick release fitting at the other end it just flopped down the bottom of the firewall giving a misleading picture of where it'd come from. New valve on order for stuff all, 1/2 hour job an she'll be back on the road. And the heater will be working

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post