Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FTF Car Club of NSW > Club Discussions

Old 17-01-2013, 01:42 PM   #1
metallicana

Default Metals Car is OUT!

Took my car in to Ford for a service on Monday and it seems the knocking noise i had in the engine of my car that developed on Sat Morning ( didn't drive it ) was a blown lower bearing an a con rod issue..

At the moment i am waiting for a Quote from the dealership on my options...
Any Ideas people might have on getting my Beloved beast back on the road?

I am Considering an Engine swap....

Old 17-01-2013, 07:08 PM   #2
fte50
T3FTE -099. OnTemp Loan

Default Re: Metals Car is OUT!

engine swap would be cheapest, then move it on .

Warning - This users posts are classified (G).

G (General) – Contains material intended for general viewing. The content is very mild in impact.
IT IS STRONGLY ADVISED SENSITIVE ADULTS VIEW IN THE COMPANY OF CHILDREN
fte50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2013, 12:15 AM   #3
bunter
F.T.F Member

i would say go for a F6 motor swap and keep it as that would be the cheaper option as the dealers will hit you for a high some

Old Rides
White V8 EB Mont
Ebony Black 2000 V6 Ford Cougar
bunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2013, 07:18 PM   #4
metallicana

Turns out the ford dealership is doing me a good deal they have given me a good price and it is the same price as me going out and getting a motor 2nd hand and putting that in.
But they are doing a full motor Strip down and rebuild with Brand new parts and giving me a 3 year warranty on it.

Plus capped Price servicing

For only $5300 - Absolute Steal... as i had a motor ready (mate had a gtp BA motor available) and he started to take it apart for a swap out it was going to cost me $6400 even if i helped do all the work.

So i have told them to go ahead and i will have a car that will be like brand new for many years to come... AND NO RUST
3 users like this post: