Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 01-04-2018, 06:06 PM   #1
alan3103

Default Focus engine removal

Hey I have a 2006 LS focus which needs a new engine,atm I am trying to remove old one,does anyone know if I have to remove Rhs drive shaft or can I just remove clamp for support bearing ?i have also removed nuts from exhaust manifold, do I have to remove bolts at rear at ex pipe or will engine just come away from it ?also how do you remove heater pipe clamp where they go through firewall? Are they twist and turn ?? Do I need to remove anything else to get it out ? Ie radiator fan ect ect?/ cheers
alan3103 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2018, 10:44 PM   #2
alan3103

Default Re: Focus engine removal

Well it’s obvious as I had no response to this request for help ?? That maybe I’m the only one who has attempted this job ??
I have done some more research and found out that the preferred way is to lower engine and box together until you can remove gearbox and pull towards passenger side , that leaves enough room for engine then to be lifted up and out, I undid aircon compressor and tied back with zip ties out of the way, I separated exhaust at the lower joint after flex joint, this allows manifold to be pulled backwards well out of the way, hope this helps anyone doing this job <
Old 05-04-2018, 07:02 AM   #3
zeuss000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi mate, sorry not much help but I would be very interested in your process as I may have to do this with mine soon, good luck..
zeuss000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2018, 11:49 AM   #4
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is pretty good, and although not your model, will be pretty close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdu1MFtFQFc
Old 07-04-2018, 06:01 PM   #5
alan3103

Hey and thanks , new engine now back in , can’t say it was a breeze but it’s in and it started
Will finish off tomorrow, levels ect ect . Can’t wait to give it a spin, they tell me these 2.0 litre ones are quite lively ??
Old 07-04-2018, 06:23 PM   #6
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh heck yeah. Did you go manual or auto? Sorry reply was a bit late!

I noticed in the YT list of that engine swap, some are putting the Mazda 2.3Ltr (non turbo) engine into Focii. If a 2Ltr is fab, a 2.3 would be even more fab!

Also saw some crazies in the US putting a 5ltre V8 in a focus LOL.