Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 06-01-2017, 09:08 PM   #1
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Penrite oil special in NZ

Supercheap has 5W-30 Ford oil (M2C913-D) for $27 per 4 l pack. Not sure if you'd have a similar special in Oz?

It's an awkward size for the Mondeo, but you could buy 4 packs and get 3 oil changes with some left over for topups.

Sent from somewhere using Tapatalk
Old 13-01-2017, 06:53 PM   #2
rondeo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Penrite oil special in NZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ XR6 View Post
Supercheap has 5W-30 Ford oil (M2C913-D) for $27 per 4 l pack. Not sure if you'd have a similar special in Oz?

It's an awkward size for the Mondeo, but you could buy 4 packs and get 3 oil changes with some left over for topups.

Thanks. Some Penrite on special for us cheapskates in AUS too.
I'm still on stocks of 10l Nulon long life diesel C3 at $94/10 litre, changed at 12.5kkm. TDCI's purring nicely.
My A service costs about $45, DIY plus $20 for a pollen filter if I feel inclined, which sometimes I don't.
Thinking of trying fuel efficient oil for the hell of it. Maybe FUCHS, but looks expensive to my eyes
rondeo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2017, 02:25 AM   #3
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Thanks. Some Penrite on special for us cheapskates in AUS too.
I'm still on stocks of 10l Nulon long life diesel C3 at $94/10 litre, changed at 12.5kkm. TDCI's purring nicely.
My A service costs about $45, DIY plus $20 for a pollen filter if I feel inclined, which sometimes I don't.
Thinking of trying fuel efficient oil for the hell of it. Maybe FUCHS, but looks expensive to my eyes
I was tempted at that price, but I think it's cheap insurance to use a low SAPS oil when you have a DPF.

I paid about $50 trade for 5 l of Fuchs Pro Flex XTL oil. Despite being a C3 oil, fuel consumption is noticeably better than with the previous Total Peugeot diesel oil. The engine is also quieter from a cold start.

Despite saying C3 on the label, Fuchs recommend a different product if you want a C3 approved oil - Pro Flex is Dexos 2. But they make so many different oils.

Where do you get a pollen filter for $20? Does it have charcoal like the Ford ones?

Old 14-01-2017, 09:01 AM   #4
rondeo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Odour filter from Ford dealer was $18.25:
3M5J 19G244 AA I think it was a charcoal type.
rondeo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2017, 09:33 PM   #5
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

$20 from my local Ford joint, it's the only filter I get from them now.
Old 15-01-2017, 08:59 PM   #6
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's interesting to say the least - the same filter is $45 here!